PDA

View Full Version : Ahh Ahmad !

woodbuck27
04-11-2006, 06:13 PM
I just found this and now I understand why TT wasn't too happy with A.Carroll. What an idiot he's turned out to be. No booze for that fella!

Two former University of Arkansas football players have been sued for a little more than $1 million by a bouncer at a Dickson Street bar over an alleged incident last month.

It was filed Wednesday in Washington County Circuit Court by Fayetteville attorney Jim Rose III on behalf of Ben Hicks against Ahmad Raheem "Batman" Carroll, 22, of Atlanta, who plays defensive back for the Green Bay Packers, and Dedrick Poole, 23, of 2071 N. Chestnut, No. 2-H, Fayetteville.

On Feb. 16, according to the suit, Hicks was working at Willy D’s when the two men approached him at about 11 p.m. The establishment was at capacity and people were being turned away until more inside left, according to the suit.

The men were told they could not get in until there was room.

Carroll became belligerent, "flipping out a business card of some sort and placing it very close" to Hicks’ face, shouting, "We’re the ones everybody came to see," the suit claims.

Hicks said he could not admit anyone until others left, but the men became "even more agitated and were both sticking their fingers" in his face, the suit alleges.

Carroll offered Hicks $100 to let them in, but Hicks told Carroll that it was not about money, the suit claims. Carroll threw what appeared to be a business card or the $100 bill at Hick, and when it hit the ground, Carroll screamed at Hicks that he better pick it up, using an expletive. Carroll then gave Hicks a "shove on the head," the suit alleges.

Hicks told the men they had to leave, according to the suit, and they began to go out the door. Carroll continued to put his hands on Hicks in a threatening way and began "furtive movements toward his pockets." Not knowing what might be in Carroll’s pockets, Hicks was distracted and Poole struck him in the face, the suit claims.

The men left and were later apprehended by Fayetteville police at another club, On The Rocks, because they were suspected in the incident at Willy D’s. Poole reportedly cooperated, but Carroll is accused of slapping the hand of a police officer and faces charges of assault on a police officer, disorderly conduct and refusal to submit to arrest in Fayetteville District Court.

The suit claims battery against Poole that caused "severe physical pain and suffering resulting in severe damage to his eye, the left side of his head and the bone structure therein in addition to a permanent facial scar left by the blow." Carroll is accused of conspiracy to commit the battery.

The suit seeks punitive damages as well as those for mental anguish and embarrassment, physical pain and suffering, medical expenses and lost wages.

It also claims Hicks has undergone and will undergo surgery for damage to facial bones that connect points being replaced with titanium plates, and that he has been advised by his doctors that he will never again be able to teach or compete in martial arts.

Carroll, a two-year starter at cornerback for the Packers, had 44 tackles and two interceptions in 2005. He doubled as a kick returner as well, returning 19 kickoffs for 390 yards last season

At Arkansas, Carroll lettered for the Razorbacks from 2001-03. In 2003, he led Arkansas with three interceptions.

billy_oliver880
04-11-2006, 06:29 PM
Can we send this guy through a Marines boot camp or something?

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Do ya think that if it were some nobody local he'd have gotten sued for $1million?

K-town
04-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Do ya think that if it were some nobody local he'd have gotten sued for $1million?

No, I don't think the local gets sued for $1 million. I also don't think a local would get away with slapping away a cops hand, without at some point getting personally acquainted with Mr. Nightstick.

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Then Mr. Carroll should have met him as well. And who grins like that in a mugshot? I mean come on, it's not really a happy occasion.

Fosco33
04-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Then Mr. Carroll should have met him as well. And who grins like that in a mugshot? I mean come on, it's not really a happy occasion.

Hey MJ - did you ever take a look at the other peeps that were in the jail w/ him at that time :shock: It looked like the cast of a really, really bad episode of Jerry Springer.

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 08:13 PM
No, I only saw the one photo that someone linked to on CE. I can imagine that you'll find interesing characters in a county jail in Ark.

MadtownPacker
04-11-2006, 08:14 PM

It was probably his first arrest. Kinda funny if you ask me. Cops think they run the world anyways. Ever been slammed on a squad car in front of your Momma while your in handcuffs? Just for being a smart ass?

Fosco33
04-11-2006, 08:24 PM
No, I only saw the one photo that someone linked to on CE. I can imagine that you'll find interesing characters in a county jail in Ark.

http://img10.picsplace.to/3/thumbs/lg.jpg (http://img11.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img10/3/lg.jpg)

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Yes, that one. What's he so stinkin' happy about?

Harlan Huckleby
04-11-2006, 08:27 PM
It was probably his first arrest. Kinda funny if you ask me. Cops think they run the world anyways. Ever been slammed on a squad car in front of your Momma while your in handcuffs? Just for being a smart ass?

I hate that show "Cops". It shows cops sneering at poor people, busting them for drugs, pushing their asses around. They never show middle class people getting busted.

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Isn't that because middle class people have too much to lose and usually try to avoid getting busted?

Oscar
04-11-2006, 08:39 PM
So let me get this straight... This cat is a bouncer and teaches and competes in martial arts activites??? Makes me wonder how big A.C.'s buddy is?? I've been hit a time or two but never by a guy who's best friend's cousin's girl friend dated an NFL player... That may or may not have a little money I could have went after...All I got outta the deal was a broken nose and a couple of black eyes.... :shock: I'm not saying that what happened is right.. so don't get me wrong.. just seems a bit odd...

GrnBay007
04-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Isn't that because middle class people have too much to lose and usually try to avoid getting busted?

Doesn't everyone try to avoid getting busted? ...regardless of class

MadtownPacker
04-11-2006, 08:47 PM
I hate that show "Cops". It shows cops sneering at poor people, busting them for drugs, pushing their asses around. They never show middle class people getting busted.

Cuz that midclass would be their family. Seen Bacon Jr get away withplenty of shit while the homies and me couldn't even hang out on the corner of our own street without getting questioned.

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 08:56 PM

Doesn't everyone try to avoid getting busted? ...regardless of classI guess try was the wrong word. Problem is, I don't know what the right word is. I'm just saying you probably don't get too many d&d calls in Fox Point...

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2006, 10:31 PM
I love how Packer fans show support for there players.

Christsakes the guy is getting hosed by the fucking bouncer, and the cops took him to jail.

Favre gets in a fight in a bar right after he becomes a Packer and thats called Brett being Brett. Carrol gets in a little trouble and all the jeers and snippy comments come out.

Carroll has to mature, no doubt about that, but all some of you people see is the color of this guys skin, and the labels you placed on him, you had your mind made up about him the day he was drafted.

GBRulz
04-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Nutz, while Favre may not have been arrested at any bars, he has been kicked out of a few. Permanently. He was a sloppy drunk and also a classless jerk in his first few years here in GB. The way he, Chmura and Winters would parade around...all I can say is, thank god at least one of them grew up.

I have to say that I disagree that AC gets any different labeling than a white guy would. being arrogant and cocky shines through, no matter what your skin color is.

MJZiggy
04-11-2006, 10:40 PM
It's just that idiotic grin that I can't help but make fun of. My original point was that if he were just another dude at the bar he would not be getting sued for $1 mil.

Deputy Nutz
04-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Nutz, while Favre may not have been arrested at any bars, he has been kicked out of a few. Permanently. He was a sloppy drunk and also a classless jerk in his first few years here in GB. The way he, Chmura and Winters would parade around...all I can say is, thank god at least one of them grew up.

I have to say that I disagree that AC gets any different labeling than a white guy would. being arrogant and cocky shines through, no matter what your skin color is.

Favre did get arrested about a week after he became a Packer. Read Favre for the Record and you will see that you are wrong. Thats not my point though, some of you fans have claimed that Carroll is cocky and arrogant, but apparently none of you have listened to a whole lot of his press releases or quotes. He has made some mistakes like his trash talking incident in Atlanta, but he was apologetic and said that he would never do something that stupid again.

I give Carroll one more year to prove his worth and after this year I will write him off. I will still back him because I think he has the talent to be an above average corner in this league.

Harlan Huckleby
04-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I give Carroll one more year to prove his worth and after this year I will write him off. I will still back him because I think he has the talent to be an above average corner in this league.

I think Carroll has to have an outstanding camp and preseason or he is not a starter next fall.

I expect him to come through.

Tarlam!
04-12-2006, 04:38 AM
I used to hate being turned away by bouncers, for any reason. Usually the place was full, but, on occasion, they just did not like my face.

They don't apologize. They don't say niceties and send you on your merry way. They are usually very provocative in their communication and demonstrate a disgusting body language that makes young men, who have been treated with indignation by them, react violently.

I have never done it, but, I would have loved to have kicked a coupla bouncers in the head in my twens. Fact is, they would have beaten me to a pulp. I try to avoid this type of pain.

But, if I were the athlete Carroll is, and I was treated that way, I cannot garantee this forum that I wouldn't have reacted in the same way.

By flashing his business card and money, Carroll clearly demonstrated that he had suffered an asault to his personal worth and he tried to restore his tarnished image. His actions were, hey, I am a somebody, I am wealthy, I belong here.

When that, too, was dissed by this bouncer, Carroll reacted to this indignation. If this guy is a martial arts "expert", then he is trained on avoiding violence at all costs. Well, I seriously doubt his expertise.

I am firmly on Carrol's side on this one. I completely understand where his rage came from.

Where I think he overstepped the boundary, was with his dealings with the police. He disregarded an authority. That should not go unpunished, and he should put in some community labour and be required to make a significant donation to a welfare project.

theeaterofshades
04-12-2006, 11:26 AM
On the bright side, he did show an agressive side. On the bad side, more illegal use of the hands charges... ;)

woodbuck27
04-12-2006, 12:01 PM
On the bright side, he did show an agressive side. On the bad side, more illegal use of the hands charges... ;)

That is the whole point here. Not a stint to do with his color/race. White guys get drunk and disorderly too. White guys act stupid as well.

The whole point is, what in heck are we ever going to do about Carroll's inability to control his hands? He's worse than a teenage male pervert allowed to visit the Girl Guide summer camp for a weekend.

He has a malfuntioning mind-hand connection. He's out of control.

Fritz
04-12-2006, 01:46 PM

Ummm.....Tom Delay?

woodbuck27
04-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, that one. What's he so stinkin' happy about?

Ziggy:

Ahman is like most of us. He certainly knows when it's time to pay attention.

During the mug shot process some officer jokingly said - SMILE, and Ahman tooh him/her seriously. "I better do exactly as I'm told." sorta thing.

I Wonder what he . . scored on his Wonderlik?

Packers4Ever
04-12-2006, 04:33 PM
I love how Packer fans show support for there players.

Christsakes the guy is getting hosed by the fucking bouncer, and the cops took him to jail.

Favre gets in a fight in a bar right after he becomes a Packer and thats called Brett being Brett. Carrol gets in a little trouble and all the jeers and snippy comments come out.

Carroll has to mature, no doubt about that, but all some of you people see is the color of this guys skin, and the labels you placed on him, you had your mind made up about him the day he was drafted.
I don't know about all of you, but I quit recognizing skin color the day I became a Packers' fan. Or maybe it was earlier.
But this guy, I don't know, he had so much going for himself and he's darn near ruined it all with his actions. BTW I don't think Brett was wrong at all in speaking to Walker when Walker first said he wanted out. Brett is recognized as the leader of the team, and I don't feel he was out of line.

I think Carroll was sure at least 15 NFL teams would be after him right away, did that happen?
How would Vince L. have handled this?

HarveyWallbangers
04-12-2006, 04:46 PM
I missed nutz little racial rant. I, for one, haven't said one word about the Carroll incident, and I wouldn't say anything if the same thing happened to Favre. I've been around enough bar brawls to know how it goes some times, but I'm not sure this has anything to do with the color of his skin. I think there are people on here who would take Favre to task if an incident came out right now like this. There just weren't any real forums around when Favre was a wild child. I think more than anything Carroll has drawn the ire of some fans because of his immaturity, on and off the field. If this happened to Donald Driver, I doubt anybody would say much about it. Look how folks look past Ahman Green's transgressions because he generally seems like a decent guy and great teammate, so we stick up for him like a brother. Carroll is more like the annoying, immature cousin that we try to avoid (not that I have any of those).

MadtownPacker
04-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Guess I kinda like Carroll mixing it up. What did he really do? Push away some cops hand? WOW!!! Big deal He is very young and we should all be surprised he only did that. Besides, PoPos get to bossy with their badges anyways. Maybe you guys have never had that issue though.