PDA

View Full Version : Packers Records This Seaon

CaliforniaCheez
12-26-2011, 03:40 AM
As Packers fans we care about history. Let's list all the Packers records accomplished this season. I don't want to miss out on any so add them to the list as you wish.

Most wins in a regular season (Packers record).

Most points in the regular season (Packers record) 515 so far. (461 in 2009)

Most TD passes in a season (Packers record) ??(1996)

Highest completion % in a season (Packers record) (66.5% in 2007)

Most passing yards in a season (Packers record) (1983)

Most passing yards/attempt ?? (9.2 in 1983)

Kiwon
12-26-2011, 07:26 AM
We can say "Packers records" but we are really talking about Aaron Rodgers. 45 TDs, 6 Picks while being sacked 36 times?!

Unbelievable.

Man, oh man, did we ever hit the lottery with him. The greatest 24th draft pick in history!!

Tarlam!
12-26-2011, 02:42 PM
We can say "Packers records" but we are really talking about Aaron Rodgers. 45 TDs, 6 Picks while being sacked 36 times?!

Unbelievable.

Man, oh man, did we ever hit the lottery with him. The greatest 24th draft pick in history!!

I have a few issues with this post Kiwon.

It is a team game. No doubt Rodgers' contributions have been stupendous, but from TT down to the Greenkeepers, the organization should get equal credit. If Rodgers has no receivers, he can't complete a pass. and the chemistry between them is a product that has been built over years.

As to the best #24 in history. Maybe and possibly this is your way of suggesting that TT/M3 also gets some credit for the records. But what round did they pick Bart Starr?

I understand your admiration for Rodgers, but I disagree that we are talking only about him.

red
12-26-2011, 03:44 PM

Unbelievable.

lets just assume he's not gonna play next week

45 td's with just 6 int's and the yards and completion percentage he's put up this year is gonna rank as the single greatest season by a quarterback of all time

we might have to also start thinking about whether this is the greatest season ever by any player at any position

its really that damn good

red
12-26-2011, 03:49 PM
But what round did they pick Bart Starr?

round 17

pick 199

god damnit tar, i know you're a foreigner and all, but that packer common knowledge. we might have to make you retake the test

Tarlam!
12-26-2011, 04:29 PM
round 17

pick 199

god damnit tar, i know you're a foreigner and all, but that packer common knowledge. we might have to make you retake the test

Red, it was a retorical question! It was posed to get Kiwon to rethink his "best ever #24" ever position. Why I gotta explain basic sarcasm to a pro like you anyway?

mmmdk
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Who's Bart Starr? :eyes:

red
12-26-2011, 05:59 PM
god damn euro's

can't tell if they're being smart asses, can't tell if they're gay

Tarlam!
12-26-2011, 07:14 PM
god damn euro's

Well, the safe bet is that we're all gay smartasses; alternatively, we might all be smartass gays.

Kiwon
12-27-2011, 05:31 AM
I have a few issues with this post Kiwon.

It is a team game. No doubt Rodgers' contributions have been stupendous, but from TT down to the Greenkeepers, the organization should get equal credit. If Rodgers has no receivers, he can't complete a pass. and the chemistry between them is a product that has been built over years.

As to the best #24 in history. Maybe and possibly this is your way of suggesting that TT/M3 also gets some credit for the records. But what round did they pick Bart Starr?

I understand your admiration for Rodgers, but I disagree that we are talking only about him.

The things that CaliforniaCheez mentioned - Most wins in a regular season, Most points in the regular season, Most TD passes in a season, Highest completion % in a season, Most passing yards in a season, Most passing yards/attempt - scream Aaron Rodgers to me. Of course it's a team game, but the quarterback position is the key to all these successes. I doubt there are many Packer players that would disagree with me, by the way.

As for the 24th pick comment, the talent that has produced the results that A-Rod has usually is taken within the first few picks of the draft. Obviously the people who drafted him deserve credit and you can bet there are plenty of other GM's and former GM's that could have had him who are regretting missing out on his abilities.

mmmdk
12-27-2011, 09:20 AM
god damn euro's

Wisconsin? Isn't that the capitol of Minnesota!? :lol:

Smeefers
12-27-2011, 11:11 AM
The things that CaliforniaCheez mentioned - Most wins in a regular season, Most points in the regular season, Most TD passes in a season, Highest completion % in a season, Most passing yards in a season, Most passing yards/attempt - scream Aaron Rodgers to me. Of course it's a team game, but the quarterback position is the key to all these successes. I doubt there are many Packer players that would disagree with me, by the way.

As for the 24th pick comment, the talent that has produced the results that A-Rod has usually is taken within the first few picks of the draft. Obviously the people who drafted him deserve credit and you can bet there are plenty of other GM's and former GM's that could have had him who are regretting missing out on his abilities.

Yeah! Why you hatin? Regardless, awesome year.

mraynrand
12-27-2011, 11:16 AM
My favorite stat so far: Concussions suffered by Rodgers: <1

knock on woodson

Kiwon
12-27-2011, 11:30 AM
My favorite stat so far: Concussions suffered by Rodgers: <1

knock on woodson

Absolutely. And Rodgers has learned his lesson and is sliding or getting down early when he runs. Too bad he's been sacked 36 times. He's taken some big shots as well in order to hit the home run play.

It's been a remarkable season by him.

pbmax
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Absolutely. And Rodgers has learned his lesson and is sliding or getting down early when he runs. Too bad he's been sacked 36 times. He's taken some big shots as well in order to hit the home run play.

It's been a remarkable season by him.

I dunno. He still takes a few risks. I thought the season was just about over when he split Briggs and Urlacher on a scramble.

Pugger
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM

Oh yeah, there are GMs kicking themselves for passing on Rodgers (the queens passed him by TWICE! :lol: ) that draft day.

Willard
12-27-2011, 01:25 PM
In the dark days of the 70's and 80's my brothers and I would consider it a good season if we kicked the Bears' asses at Lambeau or County Stadium despite our overall record --which was all too often mediocre.
Therefore, my favorite record for the 2011 calendar year: FOUR BEAR KILLINGS in same year!
Bonus: two of the wins knock da bears out of the tournament in back to back years. Does it get any better than that?

Patler
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
As for the 24th pick comment, the talent that has produced the results that A-Rod has usually is taken within the first few picks of the draft.

When it comes to record setting QBs, it has not been the high draft picks that do it. Starr and Favre for the Packers as well as Montana, Marino, Brady and Brees; to name a few present and former record holders for team and career performance were lower picks than Rodgers.

But I agree, a lot of teams would like a "do-over" for that draft!

George Cumby
12-27-2011, 03:30 PM
I dunno. He still takes a few risks. I thought the season was just about over when he split Briggs and Urlacher on a scramble.

Although cringe-inducing, that was a helluva move by #12. Made even more special when Urlacher was knocked out of the game for a few plays (Note that I don't wish INJURY on any player.).

CaliforniaCheez
12-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Any other regular season records that might be broken?

I haven't seen any financial numbers yet but remember, financially speaking, good teams get one home playoff game, great teams have two home playoff games.

Bossman641
12-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Hasn't the defense given up a franchise worst in either passing yards or total yards allowed? I know they were on pace, but don't know whether they break the record.

Tarlam!
12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
I doubt there is an offical stat/record for this, but Rodgers must be close to fewest INTs measured against pass attempts. Include a minimum number of attempts as a parameter or something and it certainly SHOULD mean something. I understand QBR takes attempts and INTs into account, so maybe I am just taliking shit again.

Freak Out
12-28-2011, 12:39 PM
The stat I find amazing is the yards given up....the Packers have given up more yards than they've gained and are 14 -1. :)

Tarlam!
01-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Flynn needs to be honoured here.

6, count 'em 6 TDs in a single hour of football. Oh how sweet it is!

Bretsky
01-02-2012, 08:01 AM
The stat I find amazing is the yards given up....the Packers have given up more yards than they've gained and are 14 -1. :)

If Defense wins champtionships ...............what a scary stat

MJZiggy
01-02-2012, 08:02 AM

Not really. The stat says we give up yards but win anyway. It's the winning part that's the important detail here.

CaliforniaCheez
01-02-2012, 08:20 AM
51 TD passes in an NFL season ties a record.

Bretsky
01-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Not really. The stat says we give up yards but win anyway. It's the winning part that's the important detail here.

Once again....I stated "If"
I think we're winning the whole show.......but it would not suprise me if we'd get bounced by the Saints....maybe the Giants...or in the Super Bowl.

Last year in the playoffs we had teams driving down against GB for the win more than once.

That can't happen this year IMO

sheepshead
01-02-2012, 08:40 AM
30 picks a team record? I think I saw a blurb on that

LEWCWA
01-02-2012, 08:49 AM

Tell that to the Pats a few years ago. Same kind of team great offense, not so great D and it bit them in the ass.....

hoosier
01-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Highest TD % by a backup QB: 12.2
Highest Yards/attempt by a backup: 10.6
Highest rating by a backup: 124.8

I would assume those are all team records.

Upnorth
01-02-2012, 09:07 AM
I am going to guess that a passer rating differential of 42 is a record.

pbmax
01-02-2012, 10:35 AM

Yards surrendered have always been a poor measure of a good defense. That is not to say they are world beaters over there, but they are the 32nd best unit either.

woodbuck27
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Yup MM aged instantly during that play. It was a 'WTF moment'.

Smidgeon
01-04-2012, 12:39 PM
http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=6523

Smidgeon
01-04-2012, 12:49 PM
http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=6523

To me, one of the more impressive ones is that Masthay set a franchise record for gross punting average and net punting average...after starting the season out shaky. Looks like the days of Sanders, Frost, and whoever else are behind us for the next fifteen years...

jdrats
01-05-2012, 07:47 AM
To me, one of the more impressive ones is that Masthay set a franchise record for gross punting average and net punting average...after starting the season out shaky. Looks like the days of Sanders, Frost, and whoever else are behind us for the next fifteen years...

I expect Mastay to be here a long time, probably his whole carreer. Wolf has said that not paying $1 million/year for Hentrich was one of his biggest mistakes, but at the time he just couldn't see that price for a kicker. TT seems to have learned from Wolf's mistakes and whenever Mastay comes up will wrap him up long term.