PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bernstein available

The_Dude
08-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Noticed on another forum that Bernstein was released by the lions recently. Any thoughts on the packers picking him up at least for a workout. Played in a zone-blocking scheme at wisconsin and I wished the packers had given him a call after the draft.

FavreChild
08-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I was wondering about Bernie the other day. I did not know that he was released - thanks for the update, your Dudeness.

I hope he at least gets a shot somewhere else.

Anyone heard anything about how Calhoun is doing? Any locals have the word on the street? Sure, I could look it up myself, but that's what you good people are for.

Iron Mike
08-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Yes!!! The Hebrew Hammer!!!! :cool:

pittstang5
08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm not a big Badger fan like a lot of people in here are, but I wanted TT to pick this kid up as an undrafted free agent. I was also convinced that TT was going to draft Calhoun as well. Alot of reports show that TT would have, but the Lions beat him to it.

It's a shame that he got cut now. I doubt the Pack picks him up. Maybe he'll catch on somewhere.

oregonpackfan
08-16-2006, 11:53 AM
I am shocked to learn Bernstein was released! He was an incredible blocker in college. He was also a fullback who could carry the ball effectively.

I wonder if the sports hernia he suffered the second half of the season affected his training camp performance.

OPF

cpk1994
08-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Fullbacks just aren't used that much in the NFL anymore. He's going to have a hard time making a roster on that fact alone.

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 04:16 PM
They're used in GB. And I get the feeing that Vonta is no Hendo...

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't want the Hebrew Hammer to be honest.

I am having a tough enough time whittling our 90+ roster down to 53. I love 'em all. I want to keep 'em all, so, don't make it even MORE difficult for me.

Adding Bernie might mean Samkon has to go. Then I would have to slash my wrists in protest. Then, after I was saved at the last minute, I would have to type slower than usual.

That's why I don't want this deal to go through. I some of you thought I was a racist Nazi, huh! :cool:

woodbuck27
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
I don't want the Hebrew Hammer to be honest.

I am having a tough enough time whittling our 90+ roster down to 53. I love 'em all. I want to keep 'em all, so, don't make it even MORE difficult for me.

Adding Bernie might mean Samkon has to go. Then I would have to slash my wrists in protest. Then, after I was saved at the last minute, I would have to type slower than usual.

That's why I don't want this deal to go through. I some of you thought I was a racist Nazi, huh! :cool:

Any Lebanese on the TC Roster? :mrgreen:

Ultimate fighting.

GO PACKERS ! FAITH !!

No Mo Moss
08-16-2006, 04:38 PM
I have seen nothing from our current FBs to think that we aren't in the market to extend the competition for someone like this. Give him a shot. He changed games in college.

Astonishment
08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
I have always been a Bernstien fan. I definately think he could be a good starter in the NFL, but his skill set doesn't really fit what MM seems to want to do with his fullbacks. I wish him the best.

b bulldog
08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
He is way to stiff to be a good FB in the NFL.

Doe
08-16-2006, 10:02 PM

My thoughts exactly.

digitaldean
08-16-2006, 10:34 PM
As much as I love the "Hebrew Hammer", I'd be too much of a homer to sign Bernstein.

There will be 1 or 2 FBs available that could replace Leach eventually.

Bretsky
08-16-2006, 11:04 PM

My thoughts exactly.

There is a ton of "stiff" fullbacks in the NFL; dont' agree at all with that statement.

I'm not convinced Bernstein is better than Vonte, but I'd certainly give him a shot.

He just might be able to play OG :wink: :mrgreen:

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 02:46 AM

My thoughts exactly.

There is a ton of "stiff" fullbacks in the NFL; dont' agree at all with that statement.

I'm not convinced Bernstein is better than Vonte, but I'd certainly give him a shot.

He just might be able to play OG :wink: :mrgreen:

Then let's bring him in. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!