PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to ESPN MNF

RashanGary
12-26-2011, 10:07 PM
For not being horrible. . . . They finally broke down and took covering the game seriously. Actual replays, conversation about the plays, insight. . . . Wow. I have boycotted MNF for this whole year. It's hard for me to watch football if they don't replay the play. It absolutely shocked me that they would not replay plays or talk about them. I couldn't believe it.

They've done a complete 180. I've enjoyed watching this game. I like to watch the play first, then watch a guy or a certain piece during the replay. Without it, I have a hard time watching. And then what they did instead (talking about off field drama) just made it worse because I was already pissed, their voices just put it over the top. I couldn't watch.

King Friday
12-26-2011, 10:10 PM
They are probably just excited they have a good game to broadcast. Most of their games this year have been terrible matchups.

RashanGary
12-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Drew Brees is damn good, but I can see how he has more picks than AR. He puts up some risky throws. And he plays in a dome. If he's as good as AR, he shouldn't be throwing so many picks.

RashanGary
12-26-2011, 10:13 PM
They are probably just excited they have a good game to broadcast. Most of their games this year have been terrible matchups.

It's been a steady thing since last year. I haven't watched one game this year. I coudln't even say if it's been going on still. I watched maybe 10 last year and then just stopped. Maybe they just decided to go a different route. They (ABC/ESPN) went with that comedian and were trying to go a light hearted way, but it really sunk them down. Maybe they finally gave up on it. Maybe it's been happening all year. I don't know, but this has been an enjoyable game. Gruden has been more than tolerable, even enjoyable.

mraynrand
12-27-2011, 11:14 AM
Ron Jaworski is very effective at stating the obvious. He is dull.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ron-jaworski-football-camp.jpg

Lurker64
12-27-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm really sick of Gruden... I hope he takes the Rams job.

pbmax
12-27-2011, 12:36 PM
ESPN took their sub-par Sunday night package and moved the entire, depressing thing to Monday, paid more money for it, all so they could still claim the title of Monday Night Football for themselves. Its always been a second rate package that featured divisional rivalries (regardless of whether teams were good or not) and other schedule detritus off the NFL's hands.

The fact that they pay MORE per game than NBC should be all the argument that is required to persuade people to strip ESPN of their favored cable and satellite tiers, even though they are the most expensive property on it. Its just a joke.

ESPN treats it as they always have, like its simply a vehicle to promote other ESPN shows. The announcers matter the least.

Freak Out
12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Westwood One baby. :)

I can't stand to watch those guys.

pbmax
12-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Westwood One baby. :)

I can't stand to watch those guys.

I must be getting old. Even Westwood One makes me grumpy. Boomer Esiason is just a smidge smarter and more aware Joe Thiesmann. And whoever told Kevin Harlan to use a lower voice should be drummed out.

Bring back Jack Buck and Hank Stram.

pbmax
12-27-2011, 12:48 PM
Ron Jaworski is very effective at stating the obvious. He is dull.

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/ron-jaworski-football-camp.jpg

That should be Picture of the Year.

Pugger
12-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm really sick of Gruden... I hope he takes the Rams job.

I hear ya. :-x

Bretsky
12-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I think Gruden is thriving as a MNF guy

With that being said, since I like the Rams I'd be alright with him going there