PDA

View Full Version : Al Harris Retires-the end of a great career

KalamazooPackerFan
12-28-2011, 08:46 PM
No question one the best stories of a steady rise to the top of a profession by virtue of an incredible work ethic and unwillingness to ever NOT rise to a challenge. A class act....the league is a poorer place with him out of it. Hope he coaches as well as he played!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/28/al-harris-hangs-up-the-cleats/

Tarlam!
12-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Good luck with the new gig, Al!

Brandon494
12-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Send him another Super Bowl ring.

MadtownPacker
12-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Send him another Super Bowl ring.
Weak.

Happy trails to Al. Time to jump in the spaceship and head home.

Freak Out
12-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Great Packer. Enjoy the gold watch.

Kiwon
12-29-2011, 02:48 AM
Best wishes for him. After recovery, he'll be back either training or coaching young DBs.

gbgary
12-29-2011, 08:43 PM
:tup: thx al!

Guiness
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Weak.

Happy trails to Al. Time to jump in the spaceship and head home.

!

Good one. Predator indeed.

sheepshead
12-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Next stop, Packer Hall of Fame

George Cumby
12-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks Al! You are a class act and a damn fine Packer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

Smeefers
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
I love how everyone here thanks Al, like he's going to pay attention. Makes me giggle.

My favorite Al Harris Play is probably his most famous. The Seattle Sehawks during the playoffs with "we're gonna win!" Then after both teams go three and out, Al picks off Hasslebeck and runs it in for the touchdown. That was awesome.

pbmax
12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Al was on Wilde's radio show today, anyone catch it?

Guiness
12-30-2011, 11:55 AM
What's wrong with how much love he gets? He may or may not care, but he did it right while he was here, and deserves the respect and admiration for it.

He was a guy who liked strip clubs, and spent time and money at them - but managed to keep out of trouble. Not that some didn't try to drag him down (remember the sexual assault allegation by a dancer in Florida?) but other NFL players could take a page out of his book on how to party without ending up in the commissioner's office.

I didn't like Harris much when he first got here, I thought his press coverage style of play was mistake prone. The play I remember was in his first year, against Philly - down in the red zone, WR beat his jam at the line and Al him into the end zone while the catch was made.

gbgary
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I thought his press coverage style of play was mistake prone.

that's what the d coordinator called. i loved it when it was him and chuck back there playing tight man to man.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
I love how everyone here thanks Al, like he's going to pay attention. Makes me giggle.

My favorite Al Harris Play is probably his most famous. The Seattle Sehawks during the playoffs with "we're gonna win!" Then after both teams go three and out, Al picks off Hasslebeck and runs it in for the touchdown. That was awesome.
I love how fags giggle. Reminds me how they are almost women.

That play you mention is part of why everyone is wishing him farewell.

mraynrand
12-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Just like The Predator, the original movie was far better than the sequels. Thanks for the memories, Al.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/687343/al_harris_large.jpg

Guiness
12-30-2011, 04:26 PM
that's what the d coordinator called. i loved it when it was him and chuck back there playing tight man to man.

Don't get me wrong, I learned to love him thumping receivers at the line, and for a couple of years he and CWood did a spectacular job of it. It was when he got here, and our other corner was Mike McKenzie (Tyrone Williams left the year before, right?) who played a more standard man it looked odd and ineffective.

Fritz
12-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I did not know Al was so keen on watching women take their clothing off. But he didn't get into trouble over it, so that's cool.

Probably one of the best, if not the best, personnel move that Shermy ever made - though when he traded away that second rounder for a guy who had a rep for a nickel back with no real speed, I was unhappy. Shows you that even Mike Sherman might've been a better talent evaluator than I am. Oh well. I'm probably a better English professor than he is.

Go Al! Now he can go to strip clubs to his heart's content.

sheepshead
12-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Just like The Predator, the original movie was far better than the sequels. Thanks for the memories, Al.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/687343/al_harris_large.jpg

Great Shot.

mraynrand
12-31-2011, 12:13 AM
I did not know Al was so keen on watching women take their clothing off.

after having to watch so many ugly men strip for so many years, it kind of 'clears the palate' so to speak.

PA Pack Fan
12-31-2011, 08:34 AM
Love all the Seahawks OT game refrences. The one and only highlight. Yeah put him in the Packer hall of fame.