PDA

View Full Version : PFT says false Favre alarm (I thought so)

Rastak
08-16-2006, 10:47 AM
FALSE ALARM ON FAVRE?

After further review, it now appears that Brett Favre's Wednesday press conference is simply a standard, weekly media get-together.

The root of the problem was that KSTP-TV in Minneapolis sold the thing as an unusual, out-of-the-norm event with this post from a couple of hours ago:

"Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will hold a news conference at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.

"There's no indication at this point what the legendary Packer quarterback is going to announce. The Packers lost their first preseason game of the year by two touchdowns to the San Diego Chargers."

As it turns out, he's not expected to "announce" anything.

Sheesh. You'd think that a TV station in a rival's market not far from Wisconsin would know this.

Tony Oday
08-16-2006, 10:59 AM
I HATE YOU TV YOU LIED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chewy-bacca
08-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Why are we getting PACKERS news out of Minneapolis!!!!????

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Queens like to start drama :wink:

Rastak
08-16-2006, 11:06 AM

Good question, there should NEVER be Packer news in Minneapolis.

:mrgreen:

Cheesehead Craig
08-16-2006, 11:08 AM
It's the only sports news the locals can watch without swearing and throwing things at the TV out of disgust :mrgreen:

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 11:12 AM
I know I posted this on the other PC thread, but just incase anyone might have missed it.... this is our CBS station and they always carry live feeds of PC's. Much less traffic than Packers.com and IMO, a better quality video...

http://wfrv.com/

woodbuck27
08-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Latest full release from PFT:

POSTED 11:41 a.m. EDT, August 16, 2006

FALSE ALARM ON FAVRE

After further review, it now appears that Brett Favre's Wednesday press conference is simply a standard, weekly media get-together.

The root of the problem was that KSTP-TV in Minneapolis sold the thing as an unusual, out-of-the-norm event with this post from a couple of hours ago:

"Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will hold a news conference at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Lambeau Field media auditorium.

"There's no indication at this point what the legendary Packer quarterback is going to announce. The Packers lost their first preseason game of the year by two touchdowns to the San Diego Chargers."

As it turns out, he's not expected to "announce" anything.

Sheesh. You'd think that a TV station in a rival's market not far from Wisconsin would know this.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH FOR 2006 !!

BlueBrewer
08-16-2006, 11:48 AM

It is to throw up a smokescreen for the K. Robinson situation......sneaky mud-ducks

ahaha
08-16-2006, 11:53 AM

Maybe in a Utopian football world. But, it's time to face facts. There's Packer news here because Packer fans are taking over. The mass migration of young adults moving to the twin cities from towns all over western Wisconsin is taking its toll on the local Viking population. Just like the Saxons slowly took over England from the Britons in the early Dark Ages, so too are Packer fans conquering Viking Land. We shall eventually, through immigration and breeding, drive them out. :twisted: There are Packer reports in the sports pages, and Packer bars all over(including one in the heart of the capital).
Having moved to Minneapolis, I can say this is a great place to live, except for all the damn Viking fans :mrgreen:

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2006, 11:55 AM
AGAIN, DO NOT TRUST PFT.COM!!!!

Astonishment
08-16-2006, 12:14 PM
That is flat out bad journalism. You hear Favre has a 12:00 press confrence and run to you computer and put on your site that Favre is retiring because he has a press confrence. No journalistic investigation before you throw it on your site, no scanning the Packers web site to see he has the same confrence every week, no checking around the league to hear if anything big is stirring. What a joke!

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Woody,

Do you realize you posted the EXACT same article that Rastak started the thread with?
:D

Rastak
08-16-2006, 12:17 PM

Having moved to Minneapolis, I can say this is a great place to live, except for all the damn Viking fans :mrgreen:

Then why the heck do you go drinking with them.....
:wink: j/k of course......

ZachMN
08-16-2006, 12:19 PM
We need MORE Packers news in the Twin Cities!!

In fact if the Pack are the third fav team in Minneaota behind the football team and the Twins.

ahaha
08-16-2006, 12:21 PM

Then why the heck do you go drinking with them.....
:wink: j/k of course......

I'm part of the spy network. :twisted:

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 12:27 PM
Since the Minnesota press is trying to take some of the focus away from Greenway and now Koren Robinson by trying to start rumors about Favre I hope Favre and the rest of the team can somehow use this as motivation to kick some extra butt in the NFC North :)

Homer Jay
08-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Local stations are simply following ESPN's "crap against the wall" philosophy. If you throw enough crap against the wall some of it will eventually stick. If channel 5 is right, look at the scoop they get. If they're wrong, they just avoid mentioning it again.

pbmax
08-16-2006, 12:57 PM
AGAIN, DO NOT TRUST PFT.COM!!!!
Trust, but verify.

doveryay, no proveryay

pbmax
08-16-2006, 01:01 PM
That is flat out bad journalism. You hear Favre has a 12:00 press confrence and run to you computer and put on your site that Favre is retiring because he has a press confrence. No journalistic investigation before you throw it on your site, no scanning the Packers web site to see he has the same confrence every week, no checking around the league to hear if anything big is stirring. What a joke!
C'mon. Florio doesn't even PRETEND to be a journalist! He webpage is called the RUMORMILL!

If he verified everything like a decent newspaper, it'd be as boring as a regular newspaper.

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 02:38 PM
Even thought PFT is 100% anti-packers and 100.9% anti-Favre I still visit there daily. I love some of the stuff they post and the pictures make me laugh.

woodbuck27
08-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Woody,

Do you realize you posted the EXACT same article that Rastak started the thread with?
:D

Whooops ! :mrgreen:

BF4MVP
08-16-2006, 03:36 PM
WTF..

Favre has a press conference every Wednesday during the season....

I hate PFT so much...

mission
08-16-2006, 03:38 PM
they were doing that on 680 the Fan as well today... fucking morons, im sorry but could you get any more knee jerk? idiots on the radio talking about how horrible (not great, but definitely not HORRIBLE) he played and how they got smoked in the first preseason game and how it's *likely* that he's going to announce his retirement today. this is an ESPN radio station mind you... that's junior high journalism.

im sitting in the car thinking "wow, these guys are looking for ANYTHING to make a big deal about, he's definitely NOT retiring right now"

was this ever a concern? honestly? it's almost worse than a door-to-door vacuum salesman.

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 03:45 PM
I'm so glad I was busy this morning. The thought of retirement never once crossed my mind...and I don't care if it is called the Rumormill, retirement is a HELL of a leap from "is holding a press conference."

Homer Jay
08-16-2006, 03:51 PM
I understand Brett Favre is going to have a press conference next Wednesday, August 23rd. What do you think that is all about? I can't get any Packer team official to deny his pending retirement announcement, so, I'm confident he will announce his retirement next Wednesday. If this is true, remember you heard it from me first. If it is not true, I don't know what you're talking about.

pbmax
08-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I understand Brett Favre is going to have a press conference next Wednesday, August 23rd. What do you think that is all about? I can't get any Packer team official to deny his pending retirement announcement, so, I'm confident he will announce his retirement next Wednesday. If this is true, remember you heard it from me first. If it is not true, I don't know what you're talking about.
Good Homer Jay, but not quite. Favre has been holding PCc every two weeks in training camp. Please bring back this rumor next week.

Even that bastion of stat nerdiness footballoutsiders fell for this one. Clearly we need a BrettFavre TV channel, just to be careful. Madden and bulldog can announce.

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 07:38 PM
{ilr]3]Even thought PFT is 100% anti-packers and 100.9% anti-Favre I still visit there daily. I love some of the stuff they post and the pictures make me laugh.

See! What did I tell you:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/PFTMag.gif

http://www.profootballtalk.com/

Gotta admit though, that is kinda funny :smile:

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 08:18 PM
LMAO @ "brett's other woman"