PDA

View Full Version : Best Sports Moment Of The Year

HarveyWallbangers
12-30-2011, 09:14 AM
We need your vote.
:)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2011/12/eye-opener-what-was-your-favorite-sports-moment-of-2011/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+UsatodaycomSports-TopStories+%28Sports+-+Top+Stories%29&utm_content=My+Yahoo

gbgary
12-30-2011, 11:21 AM
in an ordinary year i'd pick the Packers here but it wasn't an ordinary year for me. my favorite nba team (the Mavs) won the title, may favorite nhl team (the Bruins) won the title, and my favorite soccer team (Manchester United) won the title. only the Texas Rangers let me down, for a clean sweep, in the world series...by not getting the final strike, or out, to win it all...twice!

Freak Out
12-30-2011, 11:28 AM
Traitor. :)

pbmax
12-30-2011, 11:37 AM
How can the Packers be losing to something else?

Freak Out
12-30-2011, 12:25 PM
It's because of guys like Gary.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Fuck yeah it is. How the hell is he voting for the Mavs? That mark cuban ball washer!! Did they play all their playoff games on the road as the low seed? Did they beat a great team not some choker like lebron???

String Gary up!

Freak Out
12-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Freaking Man U....lol.

mraynrand
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
I couldn't vote for the Packers winning the Superbowl, because winning the NFCC game was far bigger to me. The Superbowl was simply icing on the cake. But the other choices are positively dull. Coach K reaching a win milestone? Jeter the same? Who cares about accumulation feats. It's like Clark Griswold taking his family 100 miles off track to see the biggest ball of twine. They may be impressive, but they are BOOOOOOORRRRRIINNG. U.S. Open? Was that golf or tennis? who can even tell the difference? Tim Tebow? Who did he actually beat? The Jets? please. The World Series was really exciting if you're one of the sixty or so people still watching pro baseball. I'd vote for that.

gbgary
12-30-2011, 08:40 PM

Fuck yeah it is. How the hell is he voting for the Mavs? That mark cuban ball washer!! Did they play all their playoff games on the road as the low seed? Did they beat a great team not some choker like lebron???

String Gary up!

hey...i didn't vote at all. i didn't even click on the link. lol

Upnorth
12-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Didn't even click on the link, you uncaring bastard! What are you a band wagon jumper?

gbgary
12-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Freaking Man U....lol.

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/11/2011/12/xlarge_b0c080ca7ea2939fc44b95247c4ad744.jpg

very disappointing! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/toetap05.gif

CaliforniaCheez
12-30-2011, 11:30 PM
in an ordinary year i'd pick the Packers here but it wasn't an ordinary year for me. my favorite nba team (the Mavs) won the title, may favorite nhl team (the Bruins) won the title, and my favorite soccer team (Manchester United) won the title. only the Texas Rangers let me down, for a clean sweep, in the world series...by not getting the final strike, or out, to win it all...twice!

Those are ordinary teams in inferior sports.

The Super Bowl is the highest rated television show on the planet.

Obviously a nonowner and disinterested part timer. There is Packers news and information to follow all year.

pbmax
12-31-2011, 09:03 AM
I couldn't vote for the Packers winning the Superbowl, because winning the NFCC game was far bigger to me. The Superbowl was simply icing on the cake. But the other choices are positively dull. Coach K reaching a win milestone? Jeter the same? Who cares about accumulation feats. It's like Clark Griswold taking his family 100 miles off track to see the biggest ball of twine. They may be impressive, but they are BOOOOOOORRRRRIINNG. U.S. Open? Was that golf or tennis? who can even tell the difference? Tim Tebow? Who did he actually beat? The Jets? please. The World Series was really exciting if you're one of the sixty or so people still watching pro baseball. I'd vote for that.

Easily the most undercovered story of the year and proof that media folk do not have the mechanism to actually reflect what fans think, regardless of how often they comment about them. I spent an hour in the car yesterday listening to a broadcast of Green and Gold today with Wilde and Bill Johnson. More than half the broadcast was about fan reaction and neither actually understood the fans point of view very well. Mostly they seemed scared and worried about their Twitter following and email.

While the Bears game did not represent anything particularly worrisome to me, late adopter of Packers, almost every other fan of the team I know explicitly said that they would rather lose the Super Bowl than lost to the Bears. Nationally, though, the only story that resonates would be the Super Bowl.

gbgary
12-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Those are ordinary teams in inferior sports.

The Super Bowl is the highest rated television show on the planet.

Obviously a nonowner and disinterested part timer. There is Packers news and information to follow all year.

:lol: nice try. you're not going to draw me offsides here.