PDA

View Full Version : lions going all out this weekend...

gbgary
12-30-2011, 12:15 PM
what are the Packers going to do? i think mm will save players and this game will go in the loss column.

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Here is my starting offense if I am coach:

QB Graham Harrell
RB Brandon Saine
WR Donald Driver
LT Herb Taylor
LG EDS
C Brette Goode
RG Ray Dominiguez
RT Howard Green
TE Ryan Taylor
WR Pat Lee, DJ Williams

If there are any injuries, the guy gets taped-up, splinted if necessary, and sent back out.

MadtownPacker
12-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Seems like this would be one Detroit should take. Wouldnt this be their first win in GB in almost 20 years?

gbgary
12-30-2011, 12:40 PM
If there are any injuries, the guy gets taped-up, splinted if necessary, and sent back out.

lol

Tarlam!
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM

Good call on the QB. Behind that line we'll know if he's what the Packers need going forward.

Love it!

Fritz
12-30-2011, 01:14 PM
It would seem this'll be a home loss - the Pack treats it like a pre-season game - like the second or third, and the Leos go after the W.

HarveyWallbangers
12-30-2011, 01:15 PM

QB Graham Harrell
RB Brandon Saine
WR Donald Driver
LT Herb Taylor
LG EDS
C Brette Goode
RG Ray Dominiguez
RT Howard Green
TE Ryan Taylor
WR Pat Lee, DJ Williams

You forgot to add that all of these players will play two ways.

pittstang5
12-30-2011, 01:18 PM
Here are my thoughts.

Bulaga, Cobb, Jennings & Starks - Are already out

Matthews & Woodson - Healthy scratch (Just saw they popped up on the injury report and are questionable)

Rogers & Finley - one or two series, then sit em.

Lang, Clifton, Pickett, Neal, T. Williams, Nelson, Driver, Grant, Wells, Raji & Sitton - 1st half, then sit em.

Whoever's left - whole game

pittstang5
12-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Here are my thoughts.

Bulaga, Cobb, Jennings & Starks - Are already out

Matthews & Woodson - Healthy scratch (Just saw they popped up on the injury report and are questionable)

Rogers & Finley - one or two series, then sit em.

Lang, Clifton, Pickett, Neal, T. Williams, Nelson, Driver, Grant, Wells, Raji & Sitton - 1st half, then sit em.

Whoever's left - whole game

Ha Ha..I just realized that the Packers will only be dressing three wideouts and I have two of them sitting out after the half. Oh well, looks like the TEs will get a lot of work.

Fosco33
12-30-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm going on record that we should play the 1st half as normal and hope we're up by 17. Rest key starters in 2nd half but don't give it to Detroit.

Rest anyone with a marginal injury - Starks, Bulaga, Jennings, etc.
Need to be sharp (but healthy) going into playoffs and a bye.
Defensive line needs to get some confidence. Bench Walden and see what Zombo/So'oto can do.
Clifton needs some snaps to show he's game ready.

sharpe1027
12-30-2011, 01:47 PM

QB Graham Harrell
RB Brandon Saine
WR Donald Driver
LT Herb Taylor
LG EDS
C Brette Goode
RG Ray Dominiguez
RT Howard Green
TE Ryan Taylor
WR Pat Lee, DJ Williams

Run to the right every play? :)

mraynrand
12-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Somehow I doubt this game will look like Baylor/Washington.

mraynrand
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM

QB Graham Harrell
RB Brandon Saine
WR Donald Driver
LT Herb Taylor
LG EDS
C Brette Goode
RG Ray Dominiguez
RT Howard Green
TE Ryan Taylor
WR Pat Lee, DJ Williams

I like EDS in there at LG. You need him untying shoes after every play. I would put Kuhn in at WR in place of Driver.

Old School
12-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Harlan, maybe we shouldn't be too quick to throw Goode to the wolves. If he gets hurt, what does that do to the kicking game?

Harlan Huckleby
12-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Harlan, maybe we shouldn't be too quick to throw Goode to the wolves. If he gets hurt, what does that do to the kicking game?

no punts. no field goals. no problem.

Goode will be nose tackle on D, so he's looking at a long afternoon.

Might have to go with M.D. Jennings instead of Driver. I wonder how Davon House would feel about a little work at RB.

Brandon494
12-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Play the starters the first half and sit anyone who is banged up.

Brando19
12-30-2011, 07:21 PM
no punts. no field goals. no problem.

Goode will be nose tackle on D, so he's looking at a long afternoon.

Might have to go with M.D. Jennings instead of Driver. I wonder how Davon House would feel about a little work at RB.

I'm thinking Brad Jones could play a little Center.

Joemailman
12-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Twice before MM has been in this situation in week 17 with the Pack locked into a playoff position. In 2007, he kept the starters in, including Favre, until the Packers had a 21-3 lead early in the 2nd quarter. In 2009, he kept his starters in, including Rodgers, through 3 quarters until the Packers had a 33-0 lead. It would be very unlike MM not to give his team a legitimate shot to win the game.

Woodson and Matthews listed as questionable. Their appearances may be brief.

King Friday
12-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I'd fight like mad to make Detroit go through New Orleans.

mraynrand
12-31-2011, 12:06 AM
I'd fight like mad to make Detroit go through New Orleans.

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Tarlam!
12-31-2011, 12:51 AM
What is best in life? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Haha

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/Tarlam/conan_der_barbar_bild_6.jpg

Smidgeon
12-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Seems like this would be one Detroit should take. Wouldnt this be their first win in GB in almost 20 years?

Yep. First since '91 I believe.

MJZiggy
12-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Yep. First since '91 I believe. Well if that's the case, then we beat the living shit out of them. Letting them win now just wouldn't be right.

Pugger
01-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Well if that's the case, then we beat the living shit out of them. Letting them win now just wouldn't be right.

If it is going to be as windy as they say can Stafford throw with any accuracy? The loins don't run the ball very well and if Stafford can't throw it to Megatron and Pettigrew I like our chances even with Flynn in there.

Bretsky
01-01-2012, 09:42 AM
If it is going to be as windy as they say can Stafford throw with any accuracy? The loins don't run the ball very well and if Stafford can't throw it to Megatron and Pettigrew I like our chances even with Flynn in there.

By the same logic GB can't run the ball very well and I'd take Stafford over Flynn so that logic can roll both ways
It will be an interesting game

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Rodgers, Matthews and Woodson to rest comfortably on sidelines near heaters.

good call

pbmax
01-01-2012, 10:55 AM
By the same logic GB can't run the ball very well and I'd take Stafford over Flynn so that logic can roll both ways
It will be an interesting game

That matchup might favor the Packers. The Packers don't run much, but they have had some success this year, better than last. And the Lions front seven, as terrifying as they are supposed to be, are poor against the run.

gbgary
01-01-2012, 04:21 PM
flynn and the backups beat detroit in a very memorable game. flynn likes post game podium interviews.