PDA

View Full Version : unsportsmanlike snow angel

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 01:44 PM
wtf?

MJZiggy
01-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Dumbest call ever. Well the call was right, but the rule is stupid.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
wtf?
I think the penalty was actually for the level of gayness doing that without actual snow.

mmmdk
01-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Terrible rule! Only in...

gbgary
01-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Dumbest call ever.

right. it was so non overt. he layed there for a while before doing it...can't believe the refs were still looking at him. lame that they even threw the flag.

pbmax
01-01-2012, 04:32 PM
I think the penalty was actually for the level of gayness doing that without actual snow.

:lol:

gbpackfan
01-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I guess I don't have such a huge problem with it. I'm glad that the NFL flags these morons for stupid celebrations. Now, Grant's was not that bad. But carrying props in your pants (bows, pens, etc.) and writing stupid crap on your under shirt is XFL. Furthermore, its getting old watching players go on the field with ugly shoes, bright colored tape and a bunch of other stupid crap that they shouldnt be wearing. I dont know why the NFL doesnt just have the officials tell these players, "if you're not in proper uniform, you can't play." Why is it so hard to wear the proper uniform. I can't go to my job wearing red and green tape around my feet. And yeah, it was xmas. But if you allow that, you have to allow it all. Pretty soon the Earl Bennett's of the league will be wearing horrible, bright,"look at me," shoes every week. Just wear the uniform.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 05:32 PM
I guess I don't have such a huge problem with it. I'm glad that the NFL flags these morons for stupid celebrations. Now, Grant's was not that bad.

Your sentences are in direct conflict.

I don't see how the dance of the snow angel is any more offensive than any other celebration wiggle, and certainly no more dramatic than jumping into the stands.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2012, 05:36 PM

I don't see how the dance of the snow angel is any more offensive than any other celebration wiggle, and certainly no more dramatic than jumping into the stands.
Wasnt DD standing over him when he did it? Maybe the ref thought it was a team celebration which automatically draws a flag right?

mmmdk
01-01-2012, 05:36 PM

I agree!

mmmdk
01-01-2012, 05:37 PM
NO FUN LEAGUE

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I see it as just more Christian persecution

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Wasnt DD standing over him when he did it? Maybe the ref thought it was a team celebration which automatically draws a flag right?

If that was two man act, then DD is very bad dancer

MadtownPacker
01-01-2012, 05:43 PM
If that was two man act, then DD is very bad dancer
I thought he was trying to help him up.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I thought he was trying to help him up.

that's what i saw - the penalty was absurd.

Tarlam!
01-01-2012, 05:47 PM

I heard in a previous game players are not allowed to go to the ground in a celebration. If true, he was on the ground, celebrating - 15 yrds. The commentators were discussing it in leau of people taking the "Thank you, Lord" knee after a TD. This action has now been officially entered into the American-English language as "Tebowing", BTW.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Who are you too question professionals??? You disgusting couch ornament.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Who are you too question professionals??? You disgusting couch ornament.

lay off Tarlam!, I know you had your disputes - let it go, hot head.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2012, 05:51 PM
I heard in a previous game players are not allowed to go to the ground in a celebration. If true, he was on the ground, celebrating - 15 yrds. The commentators were discussing it in leau of people taking the "Thank you, Lord" knee after a TD. This action has now been officially entered into the American-English language as "Tebowing", BTW.I call bullshit. Harlan has been "Tebowing" in men's restrooms since the 80's.

MadtownPacker
01-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I think I cleaned that up well.

red
01-01-2012, 06:59 PM
that was just insane

Tarlam!
01-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Lame, Blue Dog, even by your standards.

I think I cleaned that up well.

Haha. He thinks I'm just stupid, but I'm dumb as a box a rocks, too.

Harlan Huckleby
01-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I thought Madtown was ranting at me, as he is wont to do, so I just switched it to him yelling at you.

Tarlam!
01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
I thought Madtown was ranting at me, as he is wont to do, so I just switched it to him yelling at you.

E for effort then.

Upnorth
01-02-2012, 09:25 AM
By the rules it was a 15 yrd penalty. For what its worth it is a dumb penatly. Celebrations are awesome and fun. It is good to celebrate greatness and provides incentive to little timmy to try harder not to get beat next time. Up in the CFL you can celebrate as a group and have seen some awesome ones. The best was when a team of wr's celebrated like a bobsled team. It was hilarious (and the only thing of worth that horrible evil team has ever done. they are like the vikings to a packer fan.)

sheepshead
01-02-2012, 09:41 AM
By the rules it was a 15 yrd penalty. For what its worth it is a dumb penatly. Celebrations are awesome and fun. It is good to celebrate greatness and provides incentive to little timmy to try harder not to get beat next time. Up in the CFL you can celebrate as a group and have seen some awesome ones. The best was when a team of wr's celebrated like a bobsled team. It was hilarious (and the only thing of worth that horrible evil team has ever done. they are like the vikings to a packer fan.)

I have trouble with where the line should be drawn. I agree, Cruz' dance and ARods belt, hell the Lambeau Leap are all good I think. Pulling out a cell phone or Sharpy are over the top. Tough to draw the line.

Smidgeon
01-02-2012, 11:44 AM
I thought the rule was against "going to the ground to celebrate" not "celebrating when you're already on the ground"...

pbmax
01-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I thought the rule was against "going to the ground to celebrate" not "celebrating when you're already on the ground"...

Pereira tweeted after the game, in response to a Packerfan Tweet that it applies even when already on the ground. Expectation is that you are supposed to get up.

#NoFunLeague

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2012, 12:55 PM

well, how about when teebow falls on his knees, and hears the angels voices

Patler
01-02-2012, 01:14 PM
well, how about when teebow falls on his knees, and hears the angels voices

The key is "knee" vs. "knees".

One knee, ala Tebow, is OK.
Two knees, ala Collins in the Super Bowl, is not OK.

MJZiggy
01-02-2012, 02:19 PM
a knee is a knee is a knee...one or two makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. They should just call it "no props" and let everyone have a little fun every now and again.

pbmax
01-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Must have props, only then can Chad Johnson putt the football again.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
a knee is a knee is a knee...one or two makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

the voice of experience

MJZiggy
01-02-2012, 02:58 PM
As long as Cruz is still allowed to dance like that (and he has no reason to do so against the Packers), we're good.

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Ziggy, I was just trying to say that you are a Godly woman who does a lot of praying

esoxx
01-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Must have props, only then can Chad Johnson putt the football again.

And yet it's okay to dunk the ball over the crossbar in celebration. Guess that's not considered a prop though ala basketball dunk.

Rules are inconsistent and a joke.

MJZiggy
01-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Ziggy, I was just trying to say that you are a Godly woman who does a lot of praying

Have you EVER read ANYTHING I've ever posted??? Yeesh.

Bretsky
01-02-2012, 08:50 PM
the voice of experience

Pricless...this one made me lmao

Harlan Huckleby
01-02-2012, 09:20 PM
Have you EVER read ANYTHING I've ever posted??? Yeesh.

I come home from work, dead tired, just want to read my paper and unwind with a martini, and all I get is "yak, yak, yak." I don't want to talk about my day, and don't need to hear about yours.

Lurker64
01-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I support an amendment to the rules where the player is allowed to do absolutely anything he wants to celebrate a touchdown (within the realm of basic decency) during the mandatory review of all scoring plays... and then he has to stop.

BobDobbs
01-02-2012, 11:09 PM
I support an amendment to the rules where the player is allowed to do absolutely anything he wants to celebrate a touchdown (within the realm of basic decency) during the mandatory review of all scoring plays... and then he has to stop.

Then instead of listening to Pereira they could bring on the American Idol judges to rate the celebrations.

Tarlam!
01-02-2012, 11:35 PM

:bclap:

easy cheesy
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Then instead of listening to Pereira they could bring on the American Idol judges to rate the celebrations.

Something like this... This was on our local news channel... Says Paula... "It is what it is and it was brilliant".... yeah... right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQyowB5pAGI

Of course we now have Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler so the bar has been raised to the heavens. YAY! Pass the Vicodin and Boones Farm please!

Rutnstrut
01-03-2012, 08:00 AM
I guess I don't have such a huge problem with it. I'm glad that the NFL flags these morons for stupid celebrations. Now, Grant's was not that bad. But carrying props in your pants (bows, pens, etc.) and writing stupid crap on your under shirt is XFL. Furthermore, its getting old watching players go on the field with ugly shoes, bright colored tape and a bunch of other stupid crap that they shouldnt be wearing. I dont know why the NFL doesnt just have the officials tell these players, "if you're not in proper uniform, you can't play." Why is it so hard to wear the proper uniform. I can't go to my job wearing red and green tape around my feet. And yeah, it was xmas. But if you allow that, you have to allow it all. Pretty soon the Earl Bennett's of the league will be wearing horrible, bright,"look at me," shoes every week. Just wear the uniform.

I bet you are a ton of fun to hang with, maybe you and Goodell should discuss the evilness of snow angles while having a spot of tea.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 08:04 AM

I like this.

Rutnstrut
01-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Pereira is an idiot that even when proved wrong starts spouting some jibberish that makes him sound right. Just once I would like to hear him say, yeah the officials fucked up on that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-03-2012, 01:23 PM
McGinn theorized that Grant got penalty because he used football as prop as part of the dance of the snow angel. Whatever. The stupidity thickens.