PDA

View Full Version : Officials

SkinBasket
01-01-2012, 04:02 PM
God, I hope we don't draw this crew again. The only people more lost than both defenses were the ones in stripes.

mmmdk
01-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Terrible ref crew...on both sides of the ball.

mmmdk
01-01-2012, 04:05 PM
repost

gbgary
01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
they had a poor day to be sure.

pbmax
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Agreed. Walt Coleman's crew has done one less game than a few of the crews, but his yards of penalty per game is relatively low. They had a lot of calls to make today with the Schwartz's double challenge early and they might not make a good crew for the Lions, who almost demand a high call game to keep the action in check.

gbpackfan
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
That is easy to say but it is probably a lot hard than it looks. We get to see it on TV, all the replays we want. That Young TD catch was a missed call, but it happens. A lot. They are only human. But he dropped a TD later and so did Calvin Johnson. So that is on the Lions.

The two calls that I didn't get were the PI on Williams. That looked like text book incidental contact. And the Calvin Johnson catch that MM challenged. I thought you had to have CONTROL of the ball, all the way to the ground. I didnt see that. A catch seems to change from week to week.

gbpackfan
01-01-2012, 04:25 PM
Agreed. Walt Coleman's crew has done one less game than a few of the crews, but his yards of penalty per game is relatively low. They had a lot of calls to make today with the Schwartz's double challenge early and they might not make a good crew for the Lions, who almost demand a high call game to keep the action in check.

Agreed. And if you want to know why the Lions are a bunch of undisciplined punks, just watch their HC. Schwartz threw a bitch fit in the first quarter after he used up his challenges. Then called a time out in panic. He's a bitch.

MJZiggy
01-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Agreed. And if you want to know why the Lions are a bunch of undisciplined punks, just watch their HC. Schwartz threw a bitch fit in the first quarter after he used up his challenges. Then called a time out in panic. He's a bitch.

Yes, but that was damn fun to watch. Hate that the call went wrong because you want the game called correctly, but love the fool's reaction!

SkinBasket
01-01-2012, 05:17 PM
His attempt to challenge the play with his headset was amusing. Too bad it's wired.

pbmax
01-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Precious:

kareemcopeland Kareem Copeland
Official just announced "This is the end of the third quarter" Get your head in the game, blue. Two minute warning...
4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Jason Wilde
jasonjwilde Jason Wilde
Walt Coleman at 2-minute warning: "That is the end of the third quarter." Banner day for Walt and his crew. Really.
4 hours ago

ND72
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Anyone else catch at end of game, 2 minute warning he said "that is the end of the 3rd quarter"???

HarveyWallbangers
01-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Anyone else catch at end of game, 2 minute warning he said "that is the end of the 3rd quarter"???

pbmax posted about it just before you.

ND72
01-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Good thing I read these posts.

pbmax
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM

Good thing I read these posts.

Technically, ND had me there. I didn't hear that announcement. Didn't know until I read it.

Smidgeon
01-02-2012, 11:46 AM
That is easy to say but it is probably a lot hard than it looks. We get to see it on TV, all the replays we want. That Young TD catch was a missed call, but it happens. A lot. They are only human. But he dropped a TD later and so did Calvin Johnson. So that is on the Lions.

The two calls that I didn't get were the PI on Williams. That looked like text book incidental contact. And the Calvin Johnson catch that MM challenged. I thought you had to have CONTROL of the ball, all the way to the ground. I didnt see that. A catch seems to change from week to week.

Agree to the entire post.

ThunderDan
01-02-2012, 01:52 PM

I turned to my wife and said, "That about sums up the officiating crew today." She replied, "I don't care but I'm sure someone on PackerRats will mention it."

smuggler
01-02-2012, 09:47 PM
I hung my head and did a (single) facepalm.

Fritz
01-03-2012, 06:12 AM

After listening to Detroit sports talk the past two days, it's clear as a bell here in the "D" that the reason the Lions lost the game is through the poor officiating.

I found it interesting to review the Packers' inactives list for the game: Aaron Rodgers, Bryan Bulaga, Greg Jennings, James Starks, Randall Cobb, Charles Woodson, and Clay Matthews. That's a who's who list of Packers not playing. Two of their best three defensive players, and every one of those guys a starter or in Cobb's case a ST starter and star. And in a game the Lions needed to get the playoff position they wanted, they whiffed. Sure the reffing was bad. But it was bad on both sides. Really did Desmond Bishop whack Matt Stafford, or did Stafford do his best pro soccer player imitation? And sure, maybe the Leos got gypped on one more call than the Pack - but in the end, the Lions lost their composure - they were called for eleven penalties by an officiating crew known for not throwing too too many flags.

When the Schvantz was first hired I really liked the guy, but I have really been turned off lately. He doesn't seem to handle success very well. His sideline showboating sets a bad example and I would imagine it's distracting for the team to some degree. I think Suh's belt move was very junior high, and he impresses me more and more as frankly a dick. Surly and self-righteous both on the field and off.

Little Whiskey
01-03-2012, 07:08 AM
good points fritz. some of the very things i pointed out to my Lion friends. sure the officials jobbed them on a TD catch, but what about the other two that lion receivers dropped? both times they were wide open and the ball slipped thru their fingers. the officials didn't make them drop the ball

SkinBasket
01-03-2012, 12:25 PM
When the Schvantz was first hired I really liked the guy, but I have really been turned off lately. He doesn't seem to handle success very well. His sideline showboating sets a bad example and I would imagine it's distracting for the team to some degree. I think Suh's belt move was very junior high, and he impresses me more and more as frankly a dick. Surly and self-righteous both on the field and off.

I agree with this moron, no offense. Suh mocking a player who wasn't even in the game isn't only juvenile and lame, but just plain retarded. He might as well as done a Tebow after the sack.

I felt bad for Stafford not going to the ProBowl until I watched what a pansy ass pretender he was on both personal fouls. You would have thought he had his face scraped off on the first one from all the leg jerking and convulsing and he looked more like he was having a seizure than suffering from a glancing arm blow on the second. Douche Bag.