TB
INDY

Thoughts?

gbgary
01-01-2012, 07:26 PM
norv? naaaahhh.

Freak Out
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
If TB keeps Morris as HC I'd be shocked.

ND72
01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Peter King said its been discussed. I'm only going off of his "rumors". He also made mention of Mike Sherman and St. Louis talking.

Tarlam!
01-01-2012, 07:45 PM
He also made mention of Mike Sherman and St. Louis talking.

Interesting. Wonder what Bretsky has to say if that comes to pass.

If TB keeps Morris as HC I'd be shocked.

Well, I don't know. They have to weigh up what Cam Newton's sophomore year will look like with a coaching change and playing in 3 different offenses in as many years. We'll know on the morrow.

Lurker64
01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
There's frequently a surprise in the coaching roster cutdown (remember when Shanahan got the axe in Denver?) I wonder if we'll get one this year.

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2012, 09:05 PM

Well, I don't know. They have to weigh up what Cam Newton's sophomore year will look like with a coaching change and playing in 3 different offenses in as many years. We'll know on the morrow.

Cam Newton plays for Carolina.

King Friday
01-01-2012, 09:08 PM
My guess is the Cowboys are in a coaching search right now...although Jerry's target is already known. After their collapse, with numerous coaching errors, I can't see Jerry sticking with the dumbass.

pbmax
01-01-2012, 09:09 PM
There's frequently a surprise in the coaching roster cutdown (remember when Shanahan got the axe in Denver?) I wonder if we'll get one this year.

Wasn't it Shanahan and Schottenheimer in the same year?

Lurker64
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Wasn't it Shanahan and Schottenheimer in the same year?

Those were 2 years apart, IIRC.

Tarlam!
01-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Cam Newton plays for Carolina.

Shit, am I dumb.

ND72
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM

I would say Lovie, but they will say Cutler's injury changed that season.

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Lovie's job is safe, he lost his best offensive weapons to season ending injuries. life sucks for Bear fan because they were going to the playoffs.

Deputy Nutz
01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Andy Reid might be available to come back to Green Bay as the qb coach.

ND72
01-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Eagles brass said Reid is safe as long as makes coaching changes.

As far as the bears go, Forte might not be a bear next year.

gbgary
01-01-2012, 09:31 PM
My guess is the Cowboys are in a coaching search right now...although Jerry's target is already known. After their collapse, with numerous coaching errors, I can't see Jerry sticking with the dumbass.

jones said yesterday that jason garrett was safe no matter what happens in ny tonight.

pbmax
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Eagles brass said Reid is safe as long as makes coaching changes.

As far as the bears go, Forte might not be a bear next year.

That's going to be ugly. Castillo was the O line coach but Howard Mudd installed his system this year. After a bad start, it produced a better run game and protection than Castillo did last year. The other rumor is that Steve Spagnuolo is coming back as D coordinator, so someone will need to move.

pbmax
01-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Mortenson reports that Spags and Devaney are both gone. Mike Sherman rumored to be in the running.

ND72
01-01-2012, 09:53 PM
That's going to be ugly. Castillo was the O line coach but Howard Mudd installed his system this year. After a bad start, it produced a better run game and protection than Castillo did last year. The other rumor is that Steve Spagnuolo is coming back as D coordinator, so someone will need to move.

Bye bye Castillo.

Tarlam!
01-01-2012, 09:58 PM
Bye bye Castillo.

I saw an interview last week leading up to todays game. When questioned about his future, ne fought back tears to answer, Very emotional. It was very sad to see, one can tell he loves working for Reid.

Lurker64
01-01-2012, 09:59 PM
How surprising would it be if Rex Ryan got the axe? I don't think it's likely, but he did consistently overpromise and underdeliver.

Plus his team kind of quit on him.

ND72
01-01-2012, 10:18 PM
How surprising would it be if Rex Ryan got the axe? I don't think it's likely, but he did consistently overpromise and underdeliver.

Plus his team kind of quit on him.

Thought of that as well. Hot seat next year.

Bretsky
01-02-2012, 08:15 AM

Don't want Sherman in St l

Bring me Chucky !!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoosier
01-02-2012, 08:56 AM
How long can Shanahan remain safe in Wash? Danny Snyder is a child who is always after the shiny new toy. I can't imagine that the luster has not worn off there.

gbgary
01-02-2012, 10:16 AM
well...it's started. rams fire their hc and gem mgr.

pbmax
01-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Raheem Morris is gone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/raheem-morris-out-in-tampa/

Lurker64
01-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Raheem Morris is gone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/raheem-morris-out-in-tampa/

Not only has Morris been fired, but the entire coaching staff in Tampa has been sacked, that has to sting if you're the special teams quality consultant.

pbmax
01-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Not only has Morris been fired, but the entire coaching staff in Tampa has been sacked, that has to sting if you're the special teams quality consultant.

I don't know what to make of that staff. Did they have two years under Raheem? They fired Chucky and then couldn't get the coaches they wanted and hired him as 3rd or so choice. Then he hires Jagodzinski as his OC and fires him right around camp time and promotes from within.

By year 2 he is 10 - 6. Clearly, that was partly based on schedule, but the defense was legit. Who on that staff can coach?

Tony Oday
01-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Leslie Frazier should be fired in MN, he is out of his depth.

Lurker64
01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Leslie Frazier should be fired in MN, he is out of his depth.

They're going to give him another year, since they don't want to be paying three head coaches at the same time.

Then they will fire him.

pbmax
01-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Here the first surprise, sort of: Polians are out in Indianapolis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/colts-clean-house-polians-are-out/

gbgary
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/colts-clean-house-polians-are-out/

luck in, manning out. massive rebuilding begins.

Guiness
01-03-2012, 07:50 AM

I saw somewhere that there were some that wanted Slocum gone...
:lol:

Guiness
01-03-2012, 07:54 AM

That is something, for sure. They've been there for ever.

Tarlam!
01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
I saw somewhere that there were some that wanted Slocum gone...

And Campen... Although, both STs and OL are playing far better this season.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 08:03 AM
The Polians firing is odd. There was speculation that they should go by the press earlier this season, but Irsay seems focused on Manning. I think Jim Irsay might just have decided to keep Peyton Manning over the Polians and Andrew Luck. There had been rumors that Bill Polian and Manning were at odds over the rehab schedule, but it didn't seem too serious. Or that might have been Polian jockeying over whether Manning will get his $28 million at the scheduled time, will agree to delay it or cut face being waived if he can't pass a physical before the league year starts (the bonus date is right around that time in the calendar).

Tarlam!
01-03-2012, 08:30 AM
The Polians firing is odd. [...] I think Jim Irsay might just have decided to keep Peyton Manning over the Polians and Andrew Luck.

I find it odd, too.Manning will be 36 1/2 when the Season starts this year. Coming back from his surgery would be difficult for a 26 year old. It will be pretty tough for him.

It seems clear that Irsay wants to hang onto Manning; I've read speculation that Manning is not prepared to play in a different offensive scheme and they haven't fired the coach.

Seems like the bond between owner and player is very strong. With all due respect to loyalty, chosing to go with Manning instead of the "Next Manning" seems short sighted.

RashanGary
01-03-2012, 08:49 AM

Similar to the Vikings last year, these guys are getting way too old at way too many positions. Unless there are a bunch of up and comers I have no clue about, they'll get worse before they get better.

RashanGary
01-03-2012, 08:51 AM
The Polians firing is odd. There was speculation that they should go by the press earlier this season, but Irsay seems focused on Manning. I think Jim Irsay might just have decided to keep Peyton Manning over the Polians and Andrew Luck. There had been rumors that Bill Polian and Manning were at odds over the rehab schedule, but it didn't seem too serious. Or that might have been Polian jockeying over whether Manning will get his $28 million at the scheduled time, will agree to delay it or cut face being waived if he can't pass a physical before the league year starts (the bonus date is right around that time in the calendar).

The way Manning signed that contract knowing he was injured. What a fucking mess. I'd get rid of him too; Manning that is, not Polian. If Polian is pissed at Manning and the owner lets him go over it, that's too bad, for the owner, really. He got duped by Manning and then got rid of the guy who built one of the most consistent winners of the last decade, and also built one of the most consistent winners of the decade before this one in Buffalo.

Manning is old, on his way out. Polian can still build champions.

sheepshead
01-03-2012, 09:34 AM
I have seen clamoring on a few boards for a Philbin/Flynn combo to take them to the promised land.

sheepshead
01-03-2012, 09:38 AM
angelo gone

Little Whiskey
01-03-2012, 09:41 AM
angelo gone

that sucks. I always like the way he drafted for the bears

sheepshead
01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
that sucks. I always like the way he drafted for the bears

I know, I was hoping these were lifetime appointments

pbmax
01-03-2012, 09:53 AM
The way Manning signed that contract knowing he was injured. What a fucking mess. I'd get rid of him too; Manning that is, not Polian. If Polian is pissed at Manning and the owner lets him go over it, that's too bad, for the owner, really. He got duped by Manning and then got rid of the guy who built one of the most consistent winners of the last decade, and also built one of the most consistent winners of the decade before this one in Buffalo.

Manning is old, on his way out. Polian can still build champions.

I don't think he was duped, Peyton got paid well for an injury year which was going to happen regardless as long as they wanted him with the team, which they clearly did.

Manning does not get the $28 million when its due in Feb/March if he can't pass a physical, and he is under contract, which means the Colts will have all available medical records.

The only trouble with the bonus is the date might be too early to be definitive about his prognosis. The lockout prevented the Colts from seeing his rehab up close and probably delayed his second surgery, so the target for the bonus being a month off is understandable.

But never underestimate an owner's wish to satisfy the popular opinion and side with a popular player and dump the unpopular GM. The Polians did not need to be duped by Manning and Condon for that to develop.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I have seen clamoring on a few boards for a Philbin/Flynn combo to take them to the promised land.

Which teams? Miami has a media report out that Philbin is on the list.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Here is a frightening thought: Jeff Fisher in Chicago.

He is not rumored to want final roster authority (for instance he is thought to be interviewing with Miami and Jeff Ireland), though he did class with one GM repeatedly in Tennessee. He eventually lost it to Reinfeldt when he got hired a few years ago.

With Angelo out of the way, he might be able to have any structure he wants.

gbgary
01-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Here is a frightening thought: Jeff Fisher in Chicago.

He is not rumored to want final roster authority (for instance he is thought to be interviewing with Miami and Jeff Ireland), though he did class with one GM repeatedly in Tennessee. He eventually lost it to Reinfeldt when he got hired a few years ago.

With Angelo out of the way, he might be able to have any structure he wants.

ouuuu. i bet you've got it.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Rick Spielman has been named GM of the Vikings. Rearranging deck chairs or actual change from Triangle of Authority?

I have heard good things about Scott Studwell and his drafting/scouting, is/was Spielman the cap guy? His title was Vice President of Player Personnel. The Vikings were far ahead of almost everyone on the cap for a long time (Vikes and Eagles).

Rob Brzezinski is there as VP of Football Ops. Who has the brains here?

pbmax
01-03-2012, 10:57 AM
ouuuu. i bet you've got it.

Not yet I don't. Bears press release, which the press seems to thing was hastily arranged (like they were not prepared to release this news today) says Lovie is not going anywhere.

Freak Out
01-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Lovie Howell is safe on the Island for now.

gbgary
01-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Not yet I don't. Bears press release, which the press seems to thing was hastily arranged (like they were not prepared to release this news today) says Lovie is not going anywhere.

yeah...saw that on twitter. "new gm won't be allowed to hire new coach."

Guiness
01-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Dave Wannstedt got hired as the Bills DC. Didn't think that guy was around any more.

Come on you bottom feeders! Fill your vacancies while the Packers are still playing, and stay away from our staff!

Fritz
01-03-2012, 12:05 PM
What a conglomeration of clusterfucks in the NFL!

Hmm...a team keeping a popular, aging QB over the rookie with potential....

pbmax
01-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Hue Jackson is playing it to the hilt in Oakland. He said yesterday (or earlier this am) that he wants to be involved in the search for a new GM. Outside of Pittsburgh, where even Cowher battled for front office control (and where they recently promoted someone to GM for the first time in their history) and maybe Washington in the 1980s (Bethard and Gibbs), sharing power is not usually a good solution for an NFL team.

Fritz
01-03-2012, 12:25 PM
I see that situation in Oakland as a festering wound that did not and will not heal with the passing of Al Davis. Jackson is a nutbag.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Martz OUT in Chicago.

gbgary
01-03-2012, 01:59 PM
norv is staying.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Andy Reid staying, no word on coordinators.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Mike Sherman and Jerry Gray to interview with the Bucs. Wonder if Mike will allow Sapp to come back for alumni night?

superfan
01-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Rick Spielman has been named GM of the Vikings. Rearranging deck chairs or actual change from Triangle of Authority?

I have heard good things about Scott Studwell and his drafting/scouting, is/was Spielman the cap guy? His title was Vice President of Player Personnel. The Vikings were far ahead of almost everyone on the cap for a long time (Vikes and Eagles).

Rob Brzezinski is there as VP of Football Ops. Who has the brains here?

Brzezinski is the cap guy, Spielman is the primary draft guy - I think. Not sure anyone really knows. This is probably a decent move for the Vikings, they really need a defined GM.

pbmax
01-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Brzezinski is the cap guy, Spielman is the primary draft guy - I think. Not sure anyone really knows. This is probably a decent move for the Vikings, they really need a defined GM.

Hey superfan, how are you? ESPNFCNORTHBLOGGER Kevin Seifert remembers it like you do:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/36876/how-much-authority-did-rick-spielman-get

Though in the original Triangle of Authority, it was personnel guy Fran Foley before they found out he minored in fiction in college.

Seifert gets at the gist of the issue, is it a title change or an authority change? Wilf and Frazier both seemed to indicate that Spielman will have final roster authority, taking away a piece of Frazier/Childress' power. But he does not seem to have the authority to hire and fire the coach yet. So, almost a GM. But no more McNabbs.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/03/frazier-spielmans-new-role-enhances-his-job/

pbmax
01-03-2012, 05:40 PM
John Clayton thinks Sherman is in the running in other Florida HC jobs. So either he gets an interview in Miami or at FSU.

Buts its not an exciting Black Monday unless Jerry and Danny dump someone with a ton of money and years left on their contract.

superfan
01-03-2012, 06:27 PM
I forgot about Foley with the Vikings. Maybe they should stick with the Triangle of Authority and go with Foley, Angelo, and Matt Millen. That would be outstanding.

Joemailman
01-03-2012, 06:37 PM
John Clayton thinks Sherman is in the running in other Florida HC jobs. So either he gets an interview in Miami or at FSU.

Buts its not an exciting Black Monday unless Jerry and Danny dump someone with a ton of money and years left on their contract.

No way Jerry was going to dump Garrett. Jerry doesn't admit he hired the wrong guy that quickly. Actually, I don't know if Jerry is bad at hiring coaches. The problem may be that he keeps sticking his coaches with a bad GM.

gbgary
01-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Mike Sherman and Jerry Gray to interview with the Bucs. Wonder if Mike will allow Sapp to come back for alumni night?

Freak Out
01-03-2012, 07:01 PM
I forgot about Foley with the Vikings. Maybe they should stick with the Triangle of Authority and go with Foley, Angelo, and Matt Millen. That would be outstanding.

Now that would be a late Christmas gift for Packer fans. :)

gbgary
01-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Brzezinski is the cap guy.

http://ph.cdn.photos.upi.com/topic_photo/Zbigniew_Brzezinski/96f8da19cda91c2e6f2d907f3588009f/

Freak Out
01-03-2012, 07:08 PM
lol.

Freak Out
01-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Wow....I just heard P. Manning may join his brother in NY. How much cash do the Jets have tied up in Dirty Sanchez...? Could he sit for a year or two while Manning takes the helm?

gbgary
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
that would be a good move for nyj. get what they can for sanchez and cut bait.

MadtownPacker
01-03-2012, 07:27 PM
This is a great thread! I just read the last few pages and now I know all the shit that went down.

I think the Colts will draft Luck regardless. Maybe while observing the Packers success they saw what sitting a rookie QB down for a few years does. If Manning has a bullet or two left it would work out perfect.

Tarlam!
01-03-2012, 07:48 PM
The problem may be that he keeps sticking his coaches with a bad GM.

He was brought into the league by Al Davis. The resemblance is amazing, don't you think?

I think the Colts will draft Luck regardless. Maybe while observing the Packers success they saw what sitting a rookie QB down for a few years does. If Manning has a bullet or two left it would work out perfect.

Agreed and one must think this since they have retained Caldwell till now.

Bretsky
01-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Dear Rams

Bring me Chuckeeeeeeeee

Joemailman
01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Dear Rams

Bring me Chuckeeeeeeeee

Well, that would be one way to get him off of MNF.

Little Whiskey
01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I listened a bit to 670 the score out of chicago today. (I was stuck driving thru that god forsaken state!) sounds like there has been alot of clammoring for Polin (from the colts) or Reggie Mckenzie (from GB) as the next GM of chicago, with possibly tom clements as the OC.

Bretsky
01-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I listened a bit to 670 the score out of chicago today. (I was stuck driving thru that god forsaken state!) sounds like there has been alot of clammoring for Polin (from the colts) or Reggie Mckenzie (from GB) as the next GM of chicago, with possibly tom clements as the OC.

If my memory serves me right Green Bay denied the Bears the right to interview Tom Clements for OC last time so I don't know why they would allow it this time.

That being said, let's get Winston Moss a dam head coaching job so we can make Clements, one of the most overqualified coaches for his postion in the NFL, the Assistant Head Coach.

gbgary
01-03-2012, 09:20 PM
chuckeeeeeee evidently has told everyone he doesn't want to get back into coaching...yet.

Tarlam!
01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
chuckeeeeeee evidently has told everyone he doesn't want to get back into coaching...yet.

What do you expect from a demonic puppet? The truth? HA!

Smidgeon
01-03-2012, 11:49 PM
If my memory serves me right Green Bay denied the Bears the right to interview Tom Clements for OC last time so I don't know why they would allow it this time.

That being said, let's get Winston Moss a dam head coaching job so we can make Clements, one of the most overqualified coaches for his postion in the NFL, the Assistant Head Coach.

+1

Fritz
01-04-2012, 06:53 AM
I think Thompson is proud of the GB guys who move on up to the East Side, to a dee-luxe apartment in the sky and all that, but would you let a Reggie Mckenzie interview with an NFC North rival? Would the Bears love to snag Mckenzie from GB?

Hell, I'm surprised the Queens haven't gone after a GB personnel guy, since they go after every other GB employee who's on the market.

Guiness
01-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Looks like Martz is pulling the old 'You can't fire me, I quit!' routine down in Chicago. He resigned for "philosophical differences":lol:

pbmax
01-04-2012, 08:06 AM
Gruden apparently did flat turn down the Dolphins when approached by Carl Peterson on behalf of Stephen Ross according to PFT. The funny thing is, Peterson does not appear to have an official position with the Fins yet. Maybe that provides plausible deniability.

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Looks like Martz is pulling the old 'You can't fire me, I quit!' routine down in Chicago. He resigned for "philosophical differences":lol:

Kind of makes me wonder if Lovie was forced to accept Martz as OC by Angelo. Always did seem like an odd pairing to me.

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Philbin has an interview with KC tonight. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/136656783.html

pbmax
01-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Kind of makes me wonder if Lovie was forced to accept Martz as OC by Angelo. Always did seem like an odd pairing to me.

They were friendly in St. Louis where Lovie was a DC for the first time under Martz, so they had a good history. But he was the seventh choice or so. Lovie was thought to be on a one year prove it leash so a lot of candidates simply avoided taking the opening seriously, since no one wants to take a new job and be looking again in another year. Lovie bought himself more time by having a huge season last year. The irony is that with a new GM, Lovie will be on a short leash again looking for another OC.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Reggie McKenzie getting an interview with Raiders.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/reggie-mckenzie-expected-to-interview-with-raiders/

Fritz
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM
The Raiders - what a lousy job to have, with Hugh Jackman having a lot of authority there. Kinda like John Schneider in Seattle, taking a psuedo-GM job while Pete Carroll pulls the strings. Ugh. Not very appealing.

On another note, looks like Dom Capers is now a lifetime DC, ala Dick Jauron. Nobody's been sniffing around the DC of the 32nd rated defense...

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 11:23 AM
The Raiders - what a lousy job to have, with Hugh Jackman having a lot of authority there. Kinda like John Schneider in Seattle, taking a psuedo-GM job while Pete Carroll pulls the strings. Ugh. Not very appealing.

On another note, looks like Dom Capers is now a lifetime DC, ala Dick Jauron. Nobody's been sniffing around the DC of the 32nd rated defense...

Hugh Jackman is coaching the Raiders? What happened to the other guy?

http://fitnessanddefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Hugh-Jackman1_0.jpg

gbgary
01-04-2012, 12:14 PM

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//john-schneider.jpg

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 05:49 PM
Philbin has another interview scheduled in addition to Kansas City. Thought to be Jacksonville.

Tarlam!
01-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Philbin has another interview scheduled in addition to Kansas City. Thought to be Jacksonville.

I know absolutely nothing about Philbin. He is so low profile. If he does get a HC job, would Clements be a no brainer for OC? Thoughts anyone?

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I know absolutely nothing about Philbin. He is so low profile. If he does get a HC job, would Clements be a no brainer for OC? Thoughts anyone?

Yup.

gbgary
01-04-2012, 07:48 PM

Yup.

ditto.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Would love to know why Dorsey turned it down.

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Packers director of college scouting John Dorsey turned down the chance to interview for the Colts general manager job.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by RobDemovsky

gbgary
01-04-2012, 07:54 PM

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Packers director of college scouting John Dorsey turned down the chance to interview for the Colts general manager job.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Retweeted by RobDemovsky

just saw that on twitter. excellent.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/packers-john-dorsey-declines-offer-to-interview-for-colts-g-m/

Smidgeon
01-04-2012, 08:06 PM

Except that Clements has a second interview for the Penn State HC spot. Who gets O-Coordinator if they both leave?

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Except that Clements has a second interview for the Penn State HC spot. Who gets O-Coordinator if they both leave?

Slocum!

Bretsky
01-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Philbin has an interview with KC tonight. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/136656783.html

I'd be fine if he gets KC and they keep Clements in a larger rold

MJZiggy
01-04-2012, 08:12 PM

I vote KY Pack.

Bretsky
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM
ditto.

ditto; he is the Paul Chryst of the Packers staff

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 08:20 PM

Two possibilities. One is that he's been promised a nice promotion if Reggie McKenzie leaves. The other is that he doesn't want to be the guy who has to deal with the Manning/Luck situation.

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 12:27 AM

New England Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien is interviewing with Penn State for its head-coaching job, league sources said Wednesday, and a deal is possible soon.

O'Brien has been a top candidate for the job, and he's interested in it. Negotiations haven't yet begun, but the potential to strike a deal is very real.

(....) San Francisco 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman has publicly expressed interest in the Penn State job, which came open in November when longtime coach Joe Paterno was fired over the handling of child sex-abuse allegations against a former assistant

I hope O'Brien gets the nod. I wish Clements well, after Rogers' retirement!

pbmax
01-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Two possibilities. One is that he's been promised a nice promotion if Reggie McKenzie leaves. The other is that he doesn't want to be the guy who has to deal with the Manning/Luck situation.

Interesting, but I think Dorsey has held the same position for the Packers for quite some time. With the top guys having been around so long, movement has been rare since the Seattle exodus and Hatley. I have wondered before whether he either prefers this position or has been passed over for others.

pbmax
01-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Fisher has interviewed with the Rams.

The Jags have interviewed more than the 5 publicly identified but Albert Breer says Jay Gruden is their top target.

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 09:27 AM
Fisher has interviewed with the Rams.

The Jags have interviewed more than the 5 publicly identified but Albert Breer says Jay Gruden is their top target.

Those 6 arenabowl victories can't be a fluke. He's the Otto Graham of the new millenium.

LP
01-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Slocum!

Thats just cruel Joe.

MadScientist
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Anyone else concerned that the Bears and Vikings are making competent moves at the top. The Vikings are giving control to a talent evaluator, and the Bears stated that they need more talent and are going to get a guy to get it for them. A couple of good drafts and sound FA's and these teams will be dangerous. (I know the Bears could still hire an idiot, but I haven't heard them interviewing Millen).

Lurker64
01-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Anyone else concerned that the Bears and Vikings are making competent moves at the top. The Vikings are giving control to a talent evaluator, and the Bears stated that they need more talent and are going to get a guy to get it for them. A couple of good drafts and sound FA's and these teams will be dangerous. (I know the Bears could still hire an idiot, but I haven't heard them interviewing Millen).

The guy the Vikings hired to be in charge of personnel isn't actually good at his job (he was the GM for the Dolphins in the Wannstadt era), so you can take heart in that.

pbmax
01-05-2012, 02:21 PM

He is also widely viewed to have panicked when Locker went off the board early compared to conventional wisdom and took Ponder when no viable backup plan was available. That left a hole in the roster that allowed Frazier to fill with McNabb. So its not all smooth sailing there, even if the org structure makes more sense.

The Bears need to hire two people (or more). Plenty of time to screw it up.

Joemailman
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Looks like Clements won't be going to Penn State:

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/34212091

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Looks like Clements won't be going to Penn State:

http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/34212091

GOOD

Anybody else find it interesting that we have an assistant head coach that nobody ever chooses to interview ? ?

Lurker64
01-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Well, Reggie McKenzie is a Raider now, but I think TT has been planning for his departure for years.

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Reggie took the job ? Good move for him

I think Jeff Fischer is going to the Rams; unfortunately...he's ok....but six winning seasons in about 15 yrs as a coach. I want Chuckkeeeeeeeeee

I think Mike Sherman may be the 2nd NFL coach hired.....guessing the Bucs

And I don't think Philbin gets a head coaching job

gbgary
01-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Well, Reggie McKenzie is a Raider now, but I think TT has been planning for his departure for years.

yeah...saw it on twitter. AdamSchefter-Raiders now plan to hire Packers director of football operations Reggie McKenzie as their next general manager. dang it!

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 11:20 PM

It's NOT Chicago. It's NOT in the NFC. I wish him good luck and a lot of AFC Championships.

Joemailman
01-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Reggie took the job ? Good move for him

I think Jeff Fischer is going to the Rams; unfortunately...he's ok....but six winning seasons in about 15 yrs as a coach. I want Chuckkeeeeeeeeee

I think Mike Sherman may be the 2nd NFL coach hired.....guessing the Bucs

And I don't think Philbin gets a head coaching job

Don't you think Philbin has a good shot at Miami if Fisher goes to St. Louis?

I'm guessing either Eliot Wolf or John Dorsey get McKenzie's spot.

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
At least he didn't go to the Bears, which IMO would be a much better gig

Hugh Jackson cursed that franchise by pushing to give up two first rounders for Carson Palmer

The Raiders don't have a fricking draft pick til round five of this year and are without a couple picks in 2013. They are the anti TT and out of control.

So Reggie inherits a team with an unproven coach who is outspoken, thinks the world of himself, and has pissed many of the draft picks away. It will be a challenging ride

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 11:23 PM

Rumors earlier were Reggie would try to take Eliot Wolf as well with him
Hopefully TT moves fast to give Dorsey and/or Wolf more power so they stay.

I think Philbin has a shot and I'd be fine if he goes....perhaps I'm seeing if the coaching whammy works....:)

Smidgeon
01-05-2012, 11:45 PM

Guessing Dorsey gets promoted (and that's why he rejected the Colts interview). Also hoping Wolf gets promoted to Dorsey's spot too.

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 11:47 PM
The Raiders don't have a fricking draft pick til round five of this year and are without a couple picks in 2013. They are the anti TT and out of control.

So Reggie inherits a team with an unproven coach who is outspoken, thinks the world of himself, and has pissed many of the draft picks away. It will be a challenging ride

TT inherited a shitty situation. The ex-GM still in a position of authority, cap hell etc. But he had draft picks! What a double shitty situation for Mac. At least he will have an increase in warm weather days!

BTW, it must be true, the Packers have removed his name from the Official Front Office "roster".

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Guessing Dorsey gets promoted (and that's why he rejected the Colts interview). Also hoping Wolf gets promoted to Dorsey's spot too.

Think you're right about Murphy, but rumour has it that Ron Wolf recommended the employment to the Davis'.

BTW- Mackenzie is still listed, under Player personnel. I was looking under front office incorrectly.

Lurker64
01-05-2012, 11:56 PM

The GM gets to fire the coach. In fact, when you have a situation where a coach predates the GM, that doesn't even count as one of the firings you allow the GM to make before you call for his head. Reggie McKenzie is Hue Jackson's boss.

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 12:20 AM
Reggie McKenzie is Hue Jackson's boss.

Jackson demanded to be involved in the appointment of the new GM, so, this is not a given. Let's wait to see an anouncement. Coach and GM could be dirct reports the the Prez.

Bretsky
01-06-2012, 05:34 AM
The GM gets to fire the coach. In fact, when you have a situation where a coach predates the GM, that doesn't even count as one of the firings you allow the GM to make before you call for his head. Reggie McKenzie is Hue Jackson's boss.

I hope you are right; I was llstening to the NFL Network today on this.
The powers of the GM in Oakland are very up for grabs so hey noted this is not a given.
Hugh Jackson, who has really accomplished next to nothing, has WAY too much power and the owners have supported that

gbgary
01-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Jackson demanded to be involved in the appointment of the new GM, so, this is not a given. Let's wait to see an anouncement. Coach and GM could be dirct reports the the Prez.

The powers of the GM in Oakland are very up for grabs so hey noted this is not a given.
Hugh Jackson, who has really accomplished next to nothing, has WAY too much power and the owners have supported that

this can't be good.

pbmax
01-06-2012, 08:33 AM
GOOD

Anybody else find it interesting that we have an assistant head coach that nobody ever chooses to interview ? ?

Moss had had more interviews than anyone else on the staff, if that's who you mean.

pbmax
01-06-2012, 08:37 AM
At least he didn't go to the Bears, which IMO would be a much better gig

Hugh Jackson cursed that franchise by pushing to give up two first rounders for Carson Palmer

He's just going to have to trade down with that fifth round pick to collect some more sixth and seventh rounders. :lol:

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 08:41 AM
He's just going to have to trade down with that fifth round pick to collect some more sixth and seventh rounders. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me, if behind the scenes, TT supplies a list of leftover UFA rookie names as a token of appreciation.

Smidgeon
01-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Pete Carroll anyone???

Smidgeon
01-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Moss had had more interviews than anyone else on the staff, if that's who you mean.

How about any this year?

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Pete Carroll anyone???

Immediately shot through my mind.

pbmax
01-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Immediately shot through my mind.

I am not sure this situation is that similar. Carroll was hired to have that authority from the word go. Someone in the Raiders org had to inherit it when Davis passed away. Its not in Jackson's contract, title or history. So bypassing him will be a simple act, once (if) the decision is made.

In other news, Bretsky's thrid favorite NFL franchise seems closest to landing Jeff Fisher sometime early next week, unless this is another smoke screen to get a franchise to panic.

And the Patriots are interviewing Josh McDaniels to get his old gig back now that O'Brien is leaving. Theoretically, he could be on board for the NE playoff run.

Scott Campbell
01-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Hugh Jackson, who has really accomplished next to nothing.......

He managed to outlive Al in Oakland. Not a lot of coaches can say that.

Tarlam!
01-07-2012, 08:24 AM

Indeed.

Black humor on the Black Monday thread.

MJZiggy
01-07-2012, 08:38 AM
I am not sure this situation is that similar. Carroll was hired to have that authority from the word go. Someone in the Raiders org had to inherit it when Davis passed away. Its not in Jackson's contract, title or history. So bypassing him will be a simple act, once (if) the decision is made.

In other news, Bretsky's thrid favorite NFL franchise seems closest to landing Jeff Fisher sometime early next week, unless this is another smoke screen to get a franchise to panic.

And the Patriots are interviewing Josh McDaniels to get his old gig back now that O'Brien is leaving. Theoretically, he could be on board for the NE playoff run.

I thought O'Brien was sticking around through the playoffs before moving on.

pbmax
01-07-2012, 08:47 AM
I thought O'Brien was sticking around through the playoffs before moving on.

Yes, I think that is right and I did not mean to suggest otherwise. Just note the odd circumstance of adding an assistant during a playoff run.

MadtownPacker
01-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Ha! Im gonna use that one with raidahs fan.

Joemailman
01-07-2012, 11:15 AM

I wonder where this would put Philbin in the pecking order for the job in Miami. He can't do any more interviews now until either the Packers lose or they win the NFC title.

pbmax
01-07-2012, 11:23 AM
Romeo to stay with Chiefs. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/chiefs-plan-to-retain-romeo-crennel-as-head-coach/

from Schefter's Twitter apparently.

pbmax
01-07-2012, 11:27 AM
McDaniels is back with the only person who understands him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/josh-mcdaniels-expected-to-join-patriots-staff-immediately/

Joemailman
01-07-2012, 11:30 AM
If Fisher chooses Miami, is Philbin staying here? Or would St. Louis then be interested?

pbmax
01-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Best line I have read in a while: In describing the relative challenge of coaching the Dolphins versus the Rams with their Divisional rivals, Florio observes that the NFC West is no longer a "four-pack of Twinkies".

pbmax
01-07-2012, 11:33 AM
If Fisher chooses Miami, is Philbin staying here? Or would St. Louis then be interested?

I haven't seen much of their candidate list other than the Chucky rumors. Philbin's other interview was in KC, Rams would need to wait for Super Bowl week (best case scenario :) )

pbmax
01-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Wolf and Herock have setup McKenzie as best they can: He will have hire/fire authority over the HC, including Jackson. Mark Davis is 1 for 1 on big decisions so far.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/reggie-mckenzie-will-have-the-power-to-fire-hue-jackson/

Tarlam!
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Wow, Wolf is a pretty loyal dude.

Not sure how I feel about Mckenzie poaching Winston Moss, but he is deserving of a look at a HC gig. It will be interesting to see if Mckenzie fires Jackson.

Joemailman
01-07-2012, 05:36 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/07/reggie-mckenzie-will-have-the-power-to-fire-hue-jackson/

Earlier today, Chris Mortensen of ESPN suggested that Packers assistant head coach/inside linebackers coach Winston Moss could succeed Jackson, who has coached the Raiders for only one season.

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 03:25 AM
Philbin to KC as OC? Why would he take that job?

The belief is the Chiefs plan to pair Crennel with an accomplished offensive coordinator, and a league source said the team was scheduled to interview Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin for its head-coaching position last Wednesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825c8f91/article/chiefs-plan-to-keep-crennel-pair-him-with-a-stud-coordinator?module=HP11_headline_stack

KC is staying with Crennel according to the article. Maybe, Philbin wants to get out from M3's shadow? Maybe they give him Assistant HC? Maybe, the journalist(Lomabardi) is an idiot for linking Philbin into his article in the same breath as Crennel looking for an OC?

I suggest the latter.

MJZiggy
01-08-2012, 08:56 AM
That's written weird. It literally says they're going to keep Crennel and interview Philbin for head coach. If what they meant was assistant head coach, then should Clements leave, they can offer that title to Philbin if they'd like to keep him.

pbmax
01-08-2012, 11:06 AM
Hue Jackson has not received any assurances about being back for next year yet. I almost feel like Wolf and Herock accomplished more than McKenzie (so far anyway:) )

I hope it's like Steinbrenner getting banned from Baseball and the Yankees immediately improving. Though that's not entirely fair as Al knew a lot more than George.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/08/hue-hasnt-gotten-any-assurances-yet/

Bretsky
01-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Wow, Wolf is a pretty loyal dude.

Not sure how I feel about Mckenzie poaching Winston Moss, but he is deserving of a look at a HC gig. It will be interesting to see if Mckenzie fires Jackson.

I'd be a big fan

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/08/hue-hasnt-gotten-any-assurances-yet/

I looked at the comments from this link and laughed at a Packer fan weighing in:

Jan 8, 2012 10:06 AM

Mckenzie learned from Wolf and Thompson….he is cleaning house…..(and Madden has his back)……only way to do it….

Oakland will be Green Bay West….

Head Coach – Winston Moss
Off. cord. – Edgar Bennett (pack wr coach)
def. cord.. – Darren Perry (pack sec. Coach)

qB Matt Flynnn. And maybe make a run at Jermichael Finley….(and the entire GB practice squad)

trading away anyone they can get picks for…including Carson Palmer….

Who wants to bet a case of wine ?

Raiders fans will need to become Draft Junkies…..

vince
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
I looked at the comments from this link and laughed at a Packer fan weighing in:
Jan 8, 2012 10:06 AM

Mckenzie learned from Wolf and Thompson….he is cleaning house…..(and Madden has his back)……only way to do it….

Oakland will be Green Bay West….

Head Coach – Winston Moss
Off. cord. – Edgar Bennett (pack wr coach)
def. cord.. – Darren Perry (pack sec. Coach)

qB Matt Flynnn. And maybe make a run at Jermichael Finley….(and the entire GB practice squad)

trading away anyone they can get picks for…including Carson Palmer….

Who wants to bet a case of wine ?

Raiders fans will need to become Draft Junkies…..

:lol: Go with what works and if McKenzie has the eye for talent that Wolf says he does, that'd work.

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
:lol: Go with what works and if McKenzie has the eye for talent that Wolf says he does, that'd work.

You would think so, right?!? But the Black Hole hates the idea:

* Thumbs up for the post 22
* Thumbs down for the post 116

vince
01-08-2012, 09:57 PM
It wasn't real popular in Packerland either back in the beginning as I recall.

pbmax
01-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Back To The Future: Bucs to interview Marty Schottenheimer.

Crennel gets a 3 year deal with the Chiefs.

pbmax
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM
Joe Philbin's son is missing. He lives in Ripon apparently and hasn't been heard from since Sunday. I am not sure why less than one full day of silence is troubling (unless they mean Jan 1), but the police are looking for him.

https://twitter.com/#!/PGcharlesdavis/status/156424006092853251

gbgary
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
hue jackson fired by oak. wow.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/01/report-hue-jackson-fired-by-raiders-1.html

LP
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Hue Jackson is toast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/raiders-fire-hue-jackson/

This didn't take too long.

Anyone surprised?

Freak Out
01-10-2012, 01:53 PM
No. He was going to bring in his HC from the start. Jackson seemed a little comfortable being the big man on campus and it probably never would have worked.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Hue Jackson is toast.

Anyone surprised?

i was...just a few seconds before you posted. hehe

LP
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Sounds like Hue's not too happy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/hue-jackson-mckenzie-is-going-to-gut-this-place/

McKenzie needs to gut the place. I just hope he doesn't gut Green Bay in the process.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Sounds like Hue's not too happy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/hue-jackson-mckenzie-is-going-to-gut-this-place/

McKenzie needs to gut the place. I just hope he doesn't gut Green Bay in the process.

you got that right.

LP
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM
i was...just a few seconds before you posted. hehe

Braggart!!

ND72
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm a little shocked that McKenzie didnt' give it a year given Oakland had some success this year.

pbmax
01-10-2012, 02:33 PM
I think this is the best way to go since McKenzie does not strike me as a control for control's sake kind of guy. But as was mentioned earlier, I wonder how many he is going to poach from the Packers. The AFC West might be on the rebound thanks to the Packers.

Holmgren took Dorsey, Schneider and Thompson and I think one other didn't he?

I also wonder if it will be a guy or two now and then another one after the draft.

LP
01-10-2012, 03:41 PM
From the things I have read during the season, I get the impression that Hue got on a bit of a power trip after Al died. McKenzie probably learned something from the one year Thompson/Sherman disaster.

Smidgeon
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
From the things I have read during the season, I get the impression that Hue got on a bit of a power trip after Al died. McKenzie probably learned something from the one year Thompson/Sherman disaster.

Bingo.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 04:14 PM
yup...if you're going to get a regime...make it your regime.

Joemailman
01-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if McKenzie is looking to trade Carson Palmer to get some draft picks. That would have created an instant rift with Jackson.

vince
01-10-2012, 04:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if McKenzie is looking to trade Carson Palmer to get some draft picks. That would have created an instant rift with Jackson.
That would make a lot of sense IMO. Go with Campbell and rebuild. They need picks like nobody's business.

pbmax
01-10-2012, 04:31 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/MikeSilver

He has promised to pummel McKenzie and most of the Packer Twitter nation is telling him he is barking up the wrong tree. The basic defense of Raider fans for Hue Jackson seems to be that he was a better OC than Tom Cable was and the Oakland offense was Top 10 the last two years.

I like Silver but he has at least temporarily mistaken good guy/OC for a quality Head Coach. And the Raiders were top 10 in points in 2010 (6th) but they were 16th this year.

vince
01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Based on everything I've read and heard, McKenzie is a draft guy to the bone like TT. Wolf has lauded his "eye for talent." Based on his approach this year as interim GM, a guy who'd trade two 1's for an aging Carson Palmer likely isn't philosophically aligned with what's to come.

That would be a train-wreck waiting to happen - TT/Mike Sherman all over again. Good coach or bad coach, McKenzie needs to bring in a partner he can trust.

MadScientist
01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Looks like McKenzie is planning to do some serious raiding - rumors have him making Winston Moss the HC.

pbmax
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137054283.html

Reads like Ted, probably sounds more animated.

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!

Moss-HC.
Tryg- DC
Clements-OC

LP
01-10-2012, 06:57 PM
From PFT...http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/reggie-mckenzie-i-wanted-to-bring-my-own-guy-in/

I read this, What Davis didn’t seem eager to talk about was Jackson’s departure. Asked about Jackson’s contentious press conference at the end of the season, Davis said, “I don’t think I want to comment on that.” and I wondered if Mark Davis was really related to Al. You just know Al would have had something to say.

And this sounds like Ted Thompsonspeak to me.
“You want to make sure you’ve got productive, good football players,” McKenzie said. “It’s not totally talent. I want some guys who love to play the game, that’s going to play hard, that’s going to play tough. That’s what I’m looking for. I’m looking for some guys who want to play and want to win.”

Joemailman
01-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Moss-HC.
Tryg- DC
Clements-OC

Just so long as he doesn't take Slocum.

pbmax
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, this was a letdown in terms of blockbuster revelations. Jackson might be better served by being more reticent, but he doesn't torch anyone in his statements.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_hue_jackson_raiders_fired_011012

Smidgeon
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Moss-HC.
Tryg- DC
Clements-OC

I don't think he'd do that. I think he'll take a HC and he and the HC will build a staff. I highly doubt more than 2 (maybe Perry as the DC) will go with McKenzie.

KYPack
01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't think he'd do that. I think he'll take a HC and he and the HC will build a staff. I highly doubt more than 2 (maybe Perry as the DC) will go with McKenzie.

I think you are right, Smidgeon.

Mckenzie may assist the new HC, but the coach will assemble his staff.

One area that RM showed that he learned from TT was how to use the new broom. TT went a year too long with Shermy. Reggie is plowing forward and building his team right from the jump. That's the way to do it.

Bretsky
01-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Raider Future Coaching Staff

Head Coach- Winson Moss
Def Coordin- Vanilla Bob Sanders
Secondary- Kurt Schottenheimer
DL Coach - Justine Harrell reincarnated with good health

OC- Lindy Infante
OL Coach- James Campen
RB Coach=Brent Fullwood reincarnated with a healthy attitude
ST Coach- Shawn Slouch Slocum

pbmax
01-10-2012, 09:20 PM

Head Coach- Winson Moss
Def Coordin- Vanilla Bob Sanders
Secondary- Kurt Schottenheimer
DL Coach - Justine Harrell reincarnated with good health

OC- Lindy Infante
OL Coach- James Campen
RB Coach=Brent Fullwood reincarnated with a healthy attitude
ST Coach- Shawn Slouch Slocum

Lindy Infante was a heck of an Offensive Coordinator. Back in the day that would have been a good hire.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
jags...full of mularkey.

pbmax
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
jags...full of mularkey.

Didn't he just call the two worst QB sneaks in existence?

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=12326&stc=1&d=1168532303

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM

Head Coach- Winson Moss

Wassa matta? You dough lika Moss?

gbgary
01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Didn't he just call the two worst QB sneaks in existence?

that whole game was one dumb play after another.

Bretsky
01-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Wassa matta? You dough lika Moss?

na....I'm fine with him....just like I'm fine with Charlie Peprah as a player. He's alright.
Just not a guy who I'd use an asst head coaching tag on.

Bretsky
01-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Lindy Infante was a heck of an Offensive Coordinator. Back in the day that would have been a good hire.

Well I need some help filling out this staff.

Give me some crappy OC's, RB coaches, and DL coaches of the past.

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Just not a guy who I'd use an asst head coaching tag on.

How about as a HC?

Raiders to plunder Packers coaching staff?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d825e2689/Raiders-to-plunder-Packers-coaching-staff?module=HP11_hot_topics

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d825e31e8/McKenzie-wants-his-guy-coaching

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 10:44 PM
jags...full of mularkey.

Didn't Philbin interview for that job?

Maybe since Mularkey has had experience as a HC he was more attractive than a rookie like Philbin would be to a rookie owner.

Joemailman
01-10-2012, 10:45 PM
jags...full of mularkey.

Atlanta's offensive performance against the Giants must have sealed the deal for Mularkey. He'll fit in perfectly in Jacksonville.

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 11:40 PM
Atlanta's offensive performance against the Giants must have sealed the deal for Mularkey. He'll fit in perfectly in Jacksonville.

Hahaha. Good call!

All jokes aside, we seemed to have missed the fact that Shad Khan fired his GM on Monday! http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825d94be/article/new-jaguars-owner-khan-fires-senior-vp-of-football-operations

He's been replaced from within, Sashi Brown.

Mularky is credited with developing Matt Ryan and it has been reported that he is expected to mould a champion out of theyoung Blain. A little research shows that there are discrepancies to that.

Bill Musgrave was Ryan's first QB coach. He took OC in MIN this season and was replaced by Zeke's son, Bob Bratkowski. His season dipped 2% in completions but yards increased by nearly 500*. Probably due to Julio being drafted. I seriously doubt Mularky had much of a hand in improving Matty Ice. Ryan was pretty good-to-great coming out, despite a lack of legitimate targets. Mularky's only position coaching was for TEs.

I believe JAX would have been an ideal gig for Sherman, although I imagine young Sashi would have been under undue performance pressure with the wily ol' ex GM.

One can't like the chances of a quick turnaround of fortunes in Florida North. Rookie owner, rookie GM with a new coaching staff he didn't necessarily get to select. Seems like a recipe for disaster!

* http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/11237/matt-ryan

Freak Out
01-11-2012, 01:44 AM
So the NFL now has a GM named Sashi?

pbmax
01-11-2012, 07:57 AM
Philbin interviewed with the Chiefs and was supposed to interview late last week with the Dolphins who are waiting for Fisher to decide I think.

Brian Schottenheimer is out as OC in New York. Sparano taking his place. Callahan turned down a contract extension from the Jets and went to the Cowboys after Hudson Houck retired. Haley, who is apparently friendly with Sparano is having an interview with the Jets for an unknown position. OL is open as previously mentioned and they also dumped their WR coach.

Chudzinski (Carolina Newtons) is getting an interview with the Rams.

pbmax
01-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Colts have a new General Manager, Ryan Grigson: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/11/colts-reach-agreement-with-grigson-to-be-next-g-m/

pbmax
01-11-2012, 09:59 AM
You cannot do the Paul Simon "Comb Forward" if you are a Ginger. It just isn't working.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/01/12/sports/football/12davis/12davis-blog480.jpg

gbgary
01-11-2012, 11:28 AM
damm! al jr. that's some bad hair.

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 12:51 PM
You cannot do the Paul Simon "Comb Forward" if you are a Ginger. It just isn't working.

So much money, such bad taste.

Cleft Crusty
01-11-2012, 01:12 PM
I think I interviewed that guy for an article once:
http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsC/2760-5456.gif

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/01/12/sports/football/12davis/12davis-blog480.jpg

Joemailman
01-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Fisher could be leaning toward Miami. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Dolphins-closing-in-on-Fisher.html

NFL Network reported that Fisher appears to be leaning now toward the Dolphins, who are willing to give him the title of executive vice president, a title he held in Tennessee, and one that would allow him authority over general manager Jeff Ireland in the personnel pecking order.

Fisher, according to what sources indicate to NFP, could be in line to make upwards of $8 million a year on a contract for five years from Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. There have been reports that while Fisher was previously leaning toward the Rams, the possibilility of the team going back to Los Angeles is something he wants no part of, having been coach of the Houston Oilers during their transition to becoming the Tennessee Titans.
This could mean that there is a good chance that the Packers would not lose Philbin, although I suppose he could still be a candidate in Oakland

Joemailman
01-12-2012, 11:57 AM
http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/01/11/raiders-entering-rebuilding-phase/

McKenzie said he has a short list of candidates to replace Hue Jackson, who was fired Tuesday. Not surprisingly, since McKenzie spent his last 18 years working his way up the ladder in Green Bay, four names on the Packers coaching staff are at the top of the list.

Green Bay linebackers coach Winston Moss, secondary coach Darren Perry, offensive coordinator Joe Philbin and quarterbacks coach Tom Clements all could get a interview, though they will have to wait until after the Packers’ season ends. Two league sources said Moss, a former Raiders player who is also the Packers’ assistant head coach, is the front-runner.

pbmax
01-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Fisher could be leaning toward Miami. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Dolphins-closing-in-on-Fisher.html

This could mean that there is a good chance that the Packers would not lose Philbin, although I suppose he could still be a candidate in Oakland

I like Fisher the coach but not the personnel man. That team hit the skids late in his tenure and that was after he battled his GM for a long time. I know his owner really wanted Vince Young if memory serves, but I am not convinced Fisher deserves to be the man in charge of personnel.

Fritz
01-12-2012, 05:07 PM
If you're a Raiders fan you've got to be glad Hugh Jackman is gone.

Now Mckenzie can run his own ship.

MJZiggy
01-12-2012, 05:57 PM

Whether Philbin is tied to Green Bay forever or leaves and never looks back has nothing to do with football, sadly...

Smidgeon
01-12-2012, 06:05 PM
http://blog.sfgate.com/raiders/2012/01/11/raiders-entering-rebuilding-phase/

Sounds like speculation to me. Who's going to leak McKenzie's list of favorites?

swede
01-12-2012, 06:54 PM
If Reggie Mac hires a Green Bay coach to be his HC maybe we should get a poll going to guess how many GB staff get raided.

Personally, I think we will lose two coaching staff and one front office to Oakland, and I hope that is all we lose.

KYPack
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Joe Whitt Jr may also go. this guy is highly respected around league coaching circles as a Mike Tomlin-boy genius type.

Does anybody think the survivors of the Raider raid will move up the GB coaching hiearchy?

Smidgeon
01-12-2012, 08:08 PM
If Reggie Mac hires a Green Bay coach to be his HC maybe we should get a poll going to guess how many GB staff get raided.

Personally, I think we will lose two coaching staff and one front office to Oakland, and I hope that is all we lose.

My guess is that a GB guy becomes HC (Moss) and that HC pulls just one other coach from GB (Perry to DC). My guess is that all the other coaches come from elsewhere. And depending on how deep the Packers go in the playoffs, that may be it on the coaching poaching front.

As for scouts, GB keeps Dorsey and Wolf. I imagine both McKenzie and Thompson know good guys after that. So it doesn't really matter to me who goes to the Raiders. After all, they're in the AFC.

MJZiggy
01-12-2012, 08:30 PM
Remember, if just ONE coach is poached for head coaching, then anyone else we want to keep can be quickly promoted and anyone wanting to hire them would have to hire them another step up from where they were.

Joemailman
01-12-2012, 09:11 PM
My concern is that someone will hire Clements as OC and then someone will hire Philbin as HC and we'll end up losing both. If Philbin gets hired first, MM will be able to promote Clements to OC.

vince
01-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Sounds like speculation to me. Who's going to leak McKenzie's list of favorites?
The Raiders may well be leaking the list on purpose since they can't talk directly with these candidates now until after the Packers are done, which could be a few weeks yet. It could help the candidates to prepare and reduce any pressure the press or fans may impose on the process with dumb questions and/or insinuations about how things are going.

pbmax
01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Joe Whitt Jr may also go. this guy is highly respected around league coaching circles as a Mike Tomlin-boy genius type.

Does anybody think the survivors of the Raider raid will move up the GB coaching hiearchy?

That would be a notch in McCarthy's belt after a few less than thrilling second choices when he started.

KYPack
01-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Oh no.

I don't wanna turn this forum into PFT North.

But 'ol Reggie McKenzie may be turning Oakland into GB West (not the high school)

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, the former Panthers and Texans coach and current Packers defensive coordinator has emerged as a candidate (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825f0ce7/article/packers-dc-capers-on-raiders-list-of-candidates?module=HP11_headline_stack) for the Raiders’ recently-vacated coaching job.

Couple bad things:

1. This could be a real distraction-fest for the whole staff. Remember '98 when a certain GBP HC was way more focused on Microsoft bucks than he was on the Broncos?

2. Capers is an old pro. He'll raid the shit out of the Pack. why? Because it will help him build a crack staff. I'd think McKenzie would go with a younger guy, but tell me all this ain't coming down on Giant week!

mraynrand
01-13-2012, 09:42 AM
I think the ravaging of personnel is one aspect of what Stubby was talking about when he said the hardest thing the team would have to deal with was success. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain focus through the coaching ranks as well as with players in prep for the playoffs. When you are successful, other teams want your coaches and staff, and they overvalue your players. I can bet you there are a handful of players who also think they can just show up and be as successful as last year. Getting those guys to play championship level football will be Stubby's greatest challenge. Managing distractions with assistant coaches updating their resumes will also be trying.

Smidgeon
01-13-2012, 09:54 AM
I think Perry is the DC-in-waiting, so as long as we don't lose him, I think I'm okay. Honestly, if he was up to speed, I think I could get over Capers leaving too.

Don't know why I feel that good about Perry, but I do.

ThunderDan
01-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I think the ravaging of personnel is one aspect of what Stubby was talking about when he said the hardest thing the team would have to deal with was success. It will be interesting to see if he can maintain focus through the coaching ranks as well as with players in prep for the playoffs. When you are successful, other teams want your coaches and staff, and they overvalue your players. I can bet you there are a handful of players who also think they can just show up and be as successful as last year. Getting those guys to play championship level football will be Stubby's greatest challenge. Managing distractions with assistant coaches updating their resumes will also be trying.

I think MM has handled it very well this year. He took the 10-6 Super Bowl Champs to 15-1 this year. Hopefully we have another trophy when all is said and done.

gbgary
01-13-2012, 11:13 AM
now capers is on the list to talk to oak?

gbgary
01-13-2012, 01:42 PM
fisher to the rams.

Guiness
01-13-2012, 01:49 PM
fisher to the rams.

Rams? I saw a lot more pointing towards Miami for him.

gbgary
01-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Rams? I saw a lot more pointing towards Miami for him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825f4ea5/article/fisher-set-to-be-next-rams-head-coach?campaign=Twitter_news

edit:
guess it's not final. according to adam schefter..."Jeff Fisher still does not have contract with Rams. They now must work one out. As of this afternoon, two sides had not discussed figures."

Bretsky
01-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Seriously disappointing
I'd take Chuckeeeeee any day over Fischer. I'd think Chuckeee's resume looks better than Fischer's as well.
Rams overpaid for an ok coach

MJZiggy
01-13-2012, 07:30 PM
Chuckeeee much to my disappointment, said he didn't want to come back.

You guys are forgetting that Philbin COULD GIVE A FLYING FIG ABOUT FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW. He's in the middle of burying a son. This could very well cement him in GB forever and the decision will have nothing at all to do with football. He either wants to be where his son rests or to get the hell away from the memories.

Joemailman
01-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Chuckeeee much to my disappointment, said he didn't want to come back.

You guys are forgetting that Philbin COULD GIVE A FLYING FIG ABOUT FOOTBALL RIGHT NOW. He's in the middle of burying a son. This could very well cement him in GB forever and the decision will have nothing at all to do with football. He either wants to be where his son rests or to get the hell away from the memories.

He may also decide that this would be a really inopportune time to uproot his family. I could also see where teams may be hesitant to hire a head coach who may justifiably not be in a position to devote his undivided attention to putting together a coaching staff and football team.

Tarlam!
01-14-2012, 05:16 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825f4ea5/article/fisher-set-to-be-next-rams-head-coach?campaign=Twitter_news

edit:
guess it's not final. according to adam schefter..."Jeff Fisher still does not have contract with Rams. They now must work one out. As of this afternoon, two sides had not discussed figures."

Weird. I've never said yes to a job where I do not know what the compensation will be.

This is posted over at NFL.Com. Excerpt re: Fins:

"Jeff was great -- he had the experience that the other ones might not have," Ross said. "But it has always been my philosophy to hire young people who have a real desire to succeed, and that's what's out there. Hopefully there's a Hall-of-Fame coach we'll be talking to."

Other candidates interviewed by Miami have included Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin, Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer and Chicago Bears special teams coordinator Dave Toub. The search will now be expanded and may include other coaches still in the playoffs.

"We have continued to evaluate candidates even after we spoke with Jeff," Ross said. "We're excited about the candidates we're considering. They're outstanding in their own right. We'll continue with our plan, which will include interviewing several candidates more. I'm confident the process will result in the choice of the right coach to lead our team."

Darlington reported that the team already has an interview lined up for Saturday with an as-yet-unnamed candidate.

Fisher must have blown them away during the interview. The other candidates must not have a real chance after that. With Philbin's tragic loss, I doubt he'll get a HC gig for the coming season.

pbmax
01-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Adam Schefter either is obtuse or gullible. They must have discussed the broad outlines of the money that will be required. That can be done without a contract being put forth.

Its either that or the Rams have allowed Fisher to put them in a lose-lose situation where the fans believe Fisher has chosen them and it would be a failure on the owner not to land him. Fisher has all the leverage if Schefter is right. Owner's can be bad at football management, they tend to understand contract negotiations.

Guiness
01-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Weird. I've never said yes to a job where I do not know what the compensation will be.

I'm guessing more that it's like pbmax said, money was discussed in broad terms but not nailed down.

As to how someone can accept a position without knowing, it's because they live in a different reality, of course. Does it really matter if they makes $5.5 million or 6? Only for ego purposes, to make sure he's slotted correctly among his peers.

Fritz
01-14-2012, 12:51 PM
From what I've read, Perry, Whitt, and Greene are the real up-and-comers on the defensive side.

This is a distraction - however, I don't think it's at the level of Mike Holmgrenmania during a certain playoff run. Mikey let that one get out of hand, methinks. He got a little weird that year, too - a little paranoid, with the helicopters flying around and Mikey wondering about spies. That run up to the SB did not have a good feel to it. Reports out of AZ (it was AZ, right, where they played?) were, well, weird. Players seemed distracted. Mikey was paranoid and testy.

We'll see how this plays out. Hopefully Mckenzie knows "the Packer way," part of which is to be classy about doing things - which means not drawing attention to the Packer coaches who might be part of hi coaching search.

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Bucs have asked for permission to interview Philbin. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Bucs-wish-to-interview-Joe-Philbin.html

Iron Mike
01-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Reports out of AZ (it was AZ, right, where they played?) were, well, weird.

San Diego, IIRC.

denverYooper
01-17-2012, 01:38 PM
The Axe finally fell for Caldwell: http://blogs.colts.com/2012/01/17/the-indianapolis-colts-release-jim-caldwell/

denverYooper
01-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Also, Gregg Williams is leaving NO for St. Lou: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/17/payton-gregg-williams-made-decision-to-leave/

Tarlam!
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Bucs have asked for permission to interview Philbin. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Bucs-wish-to-interview-Joe-Philbin.html

Good for Philbin! I wonder if he would take it if offered the job.

Also, Gregg Williams is leaving NO for St. Lou: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/17/payton-gregg-williams-made-decision-to-leave/

Fisher is ckecking out ex-Raiders HC for the OC gig. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8261ae31/article/former-raiders-coach-jackson-meeting-with-fisher-for-oc-spot?module=HP11_headline_stack

MJZiggy
01-18-2012, 05:36 PM
Good for Philbin! I wonder if he would take it if offered the job.

I'm still guessing that there's not a chance in hell he's going anywhere right now.

Tarlam!
01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm still guessing that there's not a chance in hell he's going anywhere right now.

Yeah, I know. It was your opinion that got me wondering! :)

Joemailman
01-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Raiders to interview Marty Mornhinweg for HC position. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Guiness
01-20-2012, 08:40 PM
oh my

I wonder if he'll drive up on his Harley there as well?

woodbuck27
01-21-2012, 07:52 AM

No I hear that position may go to Peyton Manning as TC will be our new OC. Peyton has excellent experience tutoring L'il Bro Eli....and that's been a huge success.

Joemailman
01-22-2012, 06:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7489857/sources-oakland-raiders-already-interviewed-winston-moss-green-bay-packers

Report is that Winston Moss met with Raiders in Green Bay last Saturday after Packers walk-through practice. If true, do we assume that MM gave the okay?

Joemailman
01-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Oregon's Chip Kelly to be Tampa Bay's new coach? http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Oregons-Kelly-reportedly-leaving-for-the-NFLs-Bucs.html

Pugger
01-22-2012, 11:45 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7489857/sources-oakland-raiders-already-interviewed-winston-moss-green-bay-packers

Report is that Winston Moss met with Raiders in Green Bay last Saturday after Packers walk-through practice. If true, do we assume that MM gave the okay?

I think any assistant can interview for a HC job. But a team would need an okay from McC for any of our assistants to talk to another team about a coordinator or position coaching spot if the assistant in question is still under contract.

Pugger
01-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Oregon's Chip Kelly to be Tampa Bay's new coach? http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Oregons-Kelly-reportedly-leaving-for-the-NFLs-Bucs.html

I hope so, that would mean Clements and Bennett would stay in GB.

pbmax
01-23-2012, 08:00 AM
Teams cannot prevent coaches from interviewing and leaving for HC spots. But there are only certain windows available to be interviewed without team permission.

Joemailman
01-23-2012, 08:05 AM

I think any assistant can interview for a HC job. But a team would need an okay from McC for any of our assistants to talk to another team about a coordinator or position coaching spot if the assistant in question is still under contract.

The issue here is that they are reporting that the Raiders interviewed the Moss the day before the Packers had a playoff game. That would be against league rules. You can't interview a coach whose team has a game that week, much less the next day.

Joemailman
01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
I hope so, that would mean Clements and Bennett would stay in GB.

Chip Kelly changed his mind. He's staying at Oregon. http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bucs-still-searching-as-Chip-Kelly-changes-his-mind.html

Pugger
01-23-2012, 08:18 AM
The issue here is that they are reporting that the Raiders interviewed the Moss the day before the Packers had a playoff game. That would be against league rules. You can't interview a coach whose team has a game that week, much less the next day.

Maybe Moss could be interviewed during a bye week in the post season?

Joemailman
01-23-2012, 08:36 AM
Maybe Moss could be interviewed during a bye week in the post season?

Yes. Moss could have been interviewed the week before. It's possible the reporter had the date wrong.

Smidgeon
01-23-2012, 10:52 AM

If Moss doesn't get the Raiders' head coaching job, is that damning evidence that he won't get a shot somewhere? His ties to the Raiders are stronger than with any other team. McKenzie's been around him for a while and has gotten to know him. He's already had a couple years of interviews. My guess is that this is his last shot. Until the next cycle in several years.

gbgary
01-24-2012, 03:02 PM
capers and moss out of the running...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137972223.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Tarlam!
01-24-2012, 10:34 PM
We need someone to take out the JSO garbage.

Smidgeon
01-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Does this kill Moss's chance to ever be a HC?