PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Queen

BobHanssen
01-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Hi again fellow Pack fans! (And Mazzin!)

It is I - your favorite poster not named Partial. I, of interracial. I, of interspecial. I am Lions rookie sensation, DeArturo Feoker.

Just kidding.

It is I, the notorious T.E.D. That's "Ted" for shutdown corner, stoic, extreme liberal and man of virtue.

The reason I have returned is because I am naked now that Sportsbubbler is history. What are we? Stardust wandering and withering in cyberspace? Alas, Sportsbubbler was the greatest thing to happen to mankind since the verdict of Loving vs. Virgina.

Humble Madtownpacker, you may move this thread, but I humbly beg you not to ban me (again). I promise no more duplicated accounts! And I understand that there are folks here who hate me like they hate Sarah Palin, but with the new and improved ignore feature, I can now be ignored!

What is up Mazzin? Have you finally wedded Partial? In my despair, I wrote this rhyme for you:

I've strangely become immune
To the thought of seeing you
And the smell of cheap perfume
Is just a ring around the moon
There's no more beauty in this
There's no more beauty in this
There's no more beauty in this world

Actually, I took it from some band named Hurt. Keep in mind that its only plagiarism if one profits for another person's work. As an extreme liberal, I hate capitalism more than I hate sexism, and as an extreme liberal, I rarely hate.

Anyway, the point is, with Sportsbubbler being history like the 9th inning of the 1776 world series of poker, I need a place to post my ingenious "Ballad of Ted Thompson" threads. I hope for the privilege to post them here on this humble forum.

P.S.: If it is not beyond the realm of delusion for one to change his or her screenname, I would like to change mine to "Tank Elf Duke." I am tired of being Bob Hanssen, Russian spy, sexist, and free traitor. But please let me know beforehand regarding said change so I can log back in once I log out - assuming I am not banned again.

Peace.

Tarlam!
01-03-2012, 10:16 PM
What are your current thoughts of TT, Tank?

Bretsky
01-03-2012, 10:17 PM
IS HE ALIVE ????

Iron Mike
01-03-2012, 10:19 PM
If I were to associate you with any spy, Tank..it'd have to be Jonathan J. Pollard.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XLRMxottXA4/TlPNECdObPI/AAAAAAAADvE/eR2xhO7RjXg/s1600/Jonathan+Pollard.jpg

I can see this fucker diggin' on Coldplay.

KYPack
01-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Fuck no.

This slimebag ruined Sportsbubbler.

He'll do it here, too.

Tarlam!
01-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Fuck no.

He'll do it here, too.

He wouldn't have a very long leash here.

Joemailman
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Anyway, the point is, with Sportsbubbler being history like the 9th inning of the 1776 world series of poker, I need a place to post my ingenious "Ballad of Ted Thompson" threads. I hope for the privilege to post them here on this humble forum.

What happened to "Ted Is Trapped in The Closet"?

Pugger
01-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Christ, I hope this isn't tinkerbelle. We don't need that vermin in here.

MadtownPacker
01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
I wouldnt worry too much. The difference here is that once we get tired of toying with the vermin we discard it.

MadtownPacker
01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Fuck no.

He'll do it here, too.
If he is being honest because he wants to post here is one thing. If he thinks he is getting a green light to shit all over the place is another.

Maybe a poll?

Smidgeon
01-03-2012, 11:56 PM
If he is being honest because he wants to post here is one thing. If he thinks he is getting a green light to shit all over the place is another.

Maybe a poll?

I'm post-Tank days. What's the issue for the relative newbies?

MadtownPacker
01-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Crazy, young, White, self proclaimed "liberal" former high school shutdown corner, live from his Moms basement, bumping Coldplay, dogging TT with repeated spoofs of RKellys "Trapped in the closet" song, Internet troll crimes, excessive idiotic behavior, multiple duplicate forum accounts and I think he did some really bad stuff also.

MadtownPacker
01-04-2012, 12:15 AM
What are your current thoughts of TT, Tank?
How about we make Tank's answer to this question like a 100 word essay we judge his fate on? :lol:

Tarlam!
01-04-2012, 12:42 AM
How about we make Tank's answer to this question like a 100 word essay we judge his fate on? :lol:

OK, I'll play. I'm sure it will be refreshing.

wootah
01-04-2012, 03:36 AM
I was hoping this was a thread about the Musky Queen. Bummer.

MJZiggy
01-04-2012, 06:20 AM
I was hoping this was a thread about the Musky Queen. Bummer.
Close to the same thing depending on your definition of musk.

Tarlam!
01-04-2012, 06:24 AM
Musk is a secret of the gland of various musk animals e.g. muskrats, musk deer, musk oxen etc. IIRC. I could wiki it, but, it's not my job.

Guiness
01-04-2012, 06:29 AM
My thoughts? Fuck you, the shit that went on then is why we lost Rastak.

If you thought Bigguns was a pleasant, refreshing personality, you'll like this guy. Bigguns at least knew his football shit and made sense when he went on his tirades. This guy just has verbal diarrhea.

Fritz
01-04-2012, 06:29 AM
Don't forget what Nancy Reagan would say.

KYPack
01-04-2012, 08:01 AM

If you thought Bigguns was a pleasant, refreshing personality, you'll like this guy. Bigguns at least knew his football shit and made sense when he went on his tirades. This guy just has verbal diarrhea.

Guiness for leader. Tank got much worse after he was thrown out of this forum. He ruined SB with his sophomoric trolling tactics.

Remember, Tank is on his best behavior when he comes knocking on the door with his "Eddie Haskell" smile. At his worst, he'll wreck the forum and cost you good posters.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 08:09 AM

"Ask your astrologer?"

yooperfan
01-04-2012, 08:13 AM
He isn't funny or fun and not worth the time. I would hate to have to deal with him here.

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Awesome!

I am down with anyone that hates Ted Thompson as much as I do.

Besides we haven't had an emotionally charged event or poster on here since Madtown bullishly removed Partial from these boards. We all need a good cry with Harlan leading the charge.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Unless my memory is failing me (which is a distinct possibility), Tank/Anti-Polar Bear as troll is more like Nutz current dyspeptic disposition, though less football savvy. He loves banging a theme more than specific posters, though when people rise to take the bait, you can have issues. If you don't like worn out topics getting reposted (Ted is a closeted gay Polar Bear whose personal issues cause him to make mistakes*), then he isn't your type. If you like the art of an argument or well crafted repartee, then he might be your cup of tea. I think Rastak left twice basically, once over Favre-a-palooza and last over getting called out unfairly as a Viking provocateur.

I don't recall him targeting posters like Snake did when he reeled in partial and Ty Bigguns. Though, with multiple accounts, more than a few though Snake was Tank/APB.

He posted here as Anti Polar Bear and I would suspect if you looked at the member list, found the name and read through the posts, you would have an idea of exactly what you would get.

But I am with Guiness here and vote no, due more to a fear of major distraction than of Tank/APB himself.

* That's evidence right there of this poster's idiosyncratic genius. I write that critique and it looks boring and idiotic. Tank/APB writes it and half the board buys into it.

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 08:28 AM

Maybe a poll?

Another one? http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?11997-YOU-decide-Tank-Anti-Polar-Bear-s-fate-at-PackerRats

retailguy
01-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Maybe a poll?

Not again. I'm done this time.

Zool
01-04-2012, 09:24 AM
Ban his fucking ass ASAP as well as his ISP and anything close to his IP block. Past crimes are not to be forgiven even if he come spitting out garbage about how nice he is now.

He was annoying then, he's apparently been worse at SB since. He's going to be a pariah now. Don't bother with him.

Pugger
01-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Yes, ban the little creep before he pollutes this board with his crap.

mraynrand
01-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Due to the various sensitive arteests here on Packerrats who are constitutionally incapable of ignoring a poster like APB, he should probably be banned. But I enjoy some of his antics, particularly Dr. John Homes, Ph.D., in small quantities.

Upnorth
01-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I don;t care one way or the other but have two thoughts on the matter,

1. He may have grown up a bit with the current success of the team, unless he really is just a troll. If so keep him on a short short leash, to reban at a moments notice.
2. Anyone who wants to can just ignore him and he remains not an issue to the idividual. The only problem is non members reading and rapidly leaving, however some may enjoy the 'debate'. (I always stare at train wrecks on the way by).

Pugger
01-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I don;t care one way or the other but have two thoughts on the matter,

1. He may have grown up a bit with the current success of the team, unless he really is just a troll. If so keep him on a short short leash, to reban at a moments notice.
2. Anyone who wants to can just ignore him and he remains not an issue to the idividual. The only problem is non members reading and rapidly leaving, however some may enjoy the 'debate'. (I always stare at train wrecks on the way by).

Then you'll stare at tinkerbelle's nonsense a lot. ;-)

KYPack
01-04-2012, 09:52 AM

"You forgot to put your socks on again, Ronnie."

Upnorth
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM

Your sure I'll get the part if I do this Mr Reagan?

Zool
01-04-2012, 09:59 AM
He broke the only rules ever put in place here. Why would we bother giving him another chance?

Fool me once.....

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2012, 10:35 AM
You all are a bunch of babies. People leave on their own accord, not because of some other poster's antics. I hate when others are blamed for another poster's choices

Upnorth
01-04-2012, 10:38 AM
You all are a bunch of babies. People leave on their own accord, not because of some other poster's antics. I hate when others are blamed for another poster's choices

This whole thing is all your fault!

Zool
01-04-2012, 10:49 AM

I get the irony, but no one but you cares

Fritz
01-04-2012, 11:01 AM
"Ask your astrologer?"

No - remember? "Just Say No."

bobblehead
01-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't care if you let him post here or not, but if you are "giving him a chance to change behavior" you are like a republican voting for Romney. History tells you a lot more about a man than what HE is telling you when he wants something.

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2012, 11:14 AM
wow, so many concerned citzens. Did a halfway house for sexual predators move-in down the block? A leak at the nuclear plant? Killer bees?

Freak Out
01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Zombies.

Upnorth
01-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Nuclear powered zombie bees

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Killer tomatoes.

http://dec31.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/killer_tomatoe.jpg

hoosier
01-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Armageddon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxFjFGB92I

Cheesehead Craig
01-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I have no idea what the hell this thread is about.

gbgary
01-04-2012, 11:37 AM
nevermind.

AtlPackFan
01-04-2012, 11:47 AM
wow, so many concerned citzens. Did a halfway house for sexual predators move-in down the block? A leak at the nuclear plant? Killer bees?

Tank/AntiPolarBear = halfway house for sexual predators, a leak at the local nuclear plant and killer bees on the attack.

By the way....I vote no. But you probably should need at least a 1000 posts for your vote to count.

Smidgeon
01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Another one? http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?11997-YOU-decide-Tank-Anti-Polar-Bear-s-fate-at-PackerRats

91 people voted in that poll. Where are most of them now? :S

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 12:16 PM

Does it really matter?

Pugger
01-04-2012, 12:18 PM

If you don't know who this tank/tinkerbelle clown is consider yourself lucky.

Fritz
01-04-2012, 12:27 PM
There was a time - the Brent Favre stuff - in which this place got pretty thin. Now it's back. Let's keep it that way.

MadScientist
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
IS HE ALIVE ????

Post #20,000 caught up in a Tank thread!?

hurleyfan
01-04-2012, 12:44 PM
He broke the only rules ever put in place here. Why would we bother giving him another chance?

Fool me once.....
I agree... no!

Smidgeon
01-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Does it really matter?

Thinning ranks don't bother you?

mraynrand
01-04-2012, 12:54 PM
I have no idea what the hell. This thread is a bout.

http://ringtalk.com/wordpress/http://ringtalk.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Ali-Frazier.jpg

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Thinning ranks don't bother you?

I thought you making a statement about the need for a new poll based upon most of the voters being gone. I didn't realize you were commenting on something else entirely.

Smidgeon
01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
I thought you making a statement about the need for a new poll based upon most of the voters being gone. I didn't realize you were commenting on something else entirely.

Gotcha. Nope. Just commenting on the turnout of that poll versus the others we have recently. I'm getting the strong impression that Tank is a highly divisive character--so maybe more people cared enough to vote--but it's unfortunate that so many people have left this forum in the years since. There are too few places to go--that aren't media influenced--that provide intelligent coverage and opinions.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Does it really matter?

Yes, the Halfway House most of them are at only has one computer and its dial-up connection is slow. Hard to post a lot at that speed when you have only got 20 minutes per week.

Tarlam!
01-04-2012, 02:03 PM

At anytime, day or night, you can see hundreds of poeple viewing this form. Many members stay in lurking mode and just read.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Nuclear powered zombie bees

C'mon. There is nothing nuclear powered about our Zombie Bees.

Parasitic flies turn bees into zombies before wiping them out completely (http://io9.com/5872558/parasitic-flies-turn-bees-into-zombies-before-wiping-them-out-completely)

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I give Tank the credit for outing himself. He could have just posted and stayed in the closet. He most likely didn't have the will power to keep his antics controlled under another alias though, which should tell you something about his motives.

Again, it amazing to see how many whiners and babies we have on here that don't want someone posting here because they have the inability to defend themselves or their ideas, or even worse, not have the common sense and ability to use their maturity to simply ignore someone.

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 02:45 PM
I hate when people whine about other posters. It's just plain unfair.

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2012, 02:49 PM
It is really mean and uncalled for.

Patler
01-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Again, it amazing to see how many whiners and babies we have on here that don't want someone posting here because they have the inability to defend themselves or their ideas, or even worse, not have the common sense and ability to use their maturity to simply ignore someone.

What makes you think people' complaints have anything to do with an inability to defend their ideas, or their inability to ignore a poster?

The simple fact is that the character or personality of this site (and every site) is made by each and every contribution to it. For myself, I don't care if the guy is allowed here or not. However, can you deny that the personality of the board is likely to change if he posts prolifically? When that happens, it will attract some who may not have been active without the change, and it will be less interesting to both new and old members who don't like the changed personality for whatever reason.

Its a lot like your favorite bar. As the patrons change, the character changes. Sometimes it causes you to come more frequently, sometimes it causes you to go somewhere else more than you did before.

swede
01-04-2012, 03:06 PM
What's one more turd in the toilet? Just make Bob Hanssen keep his name. It has a good Republican ring to it.

Edit: My post was better before it had to follow the thoughtful and rational musings of Patler.

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
He certainly upped the post count. IMO, the overall effect was to make it harder to find the good content. Less is sometimes more.

Deputy Nutz
01-04-2012, 03:22 PM
What makes you think people' complaints have anything to do with an inability to defend their ideas, or their inability to ignore a poster?

The simple fact is that the character or personality of this site (and every site) is made by each and every contribution to it. For myself, I don't care if the guy is allowed here or not. However, can you deny that the personality of the board is likely to change if he posts prolifically? When that happens, it will attract some who may not have been active without the change, and it will be less interesting to both new and old members who don't like the changed personality for whatever reason.

Its a lot like your favorite bar. As the patrons change, the character changes. Sometimes it causes you to come more frequently, sometimes it causes you to go somewhere else more than you did before.

It is good to see the seasons change, IT IS GOOD TO SEE THE SEASONS CHANGE!!!

We just have to examine this situation see all angles and all sides to the inigma. Tank was banned because he had several accounts, not because he posted personal info, hell he didn't even threaten someone's life. He is just a pain in the ass, but we are not keeping him out because his past infraction is the issue, it is because we don't like him, and that just isn't what our founding father had in mind for this place.

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 03:26 PM

We just have to examine this situation see all angles and all sides to the inigma. Tank was banned because he had several accounts, not because he posted personal info, hell he didn't even threaten someone's life. He is just a pain in the ass, but we are not keeping him out because his past infraction is the issue, it is because we don't like him, and that just isn't what our founding father had in mind for this place.

Valid points. I am not excited about it, but I agree with the principle of the matter.

Patler
01-04-2012, 03:36 PM

Yes, at times in our lives for some of us it is good to see the seasons change. Others, not so much; so they move to California or Florida where the change is not so pronounced, and some from there move here. That's all it is. Don't blame either those who don't want the change or those who do. Neither is right. Neither is wrong,

Zool
01-04-2012, 03:40 PM
I see Nutz is still here trolling. Probably why he wants Tank back.

hoosier
01-04-2012, 03:46 PM

I thought I understood what it was all about until I read this post. Now I'm not so sure. Didn't the past infractions lead to a lifetime ban? Or did the ban inlcude the possibility of parole? Or is the possibility of parole now being decided by popular debate? If that is what is happening, I suppose I think that parole boards have the prerogative to consider anything and everything when making their decision. Personally I think one more trouble maker here might not be such a bad thing as long as it doesn't get out of control, but then again I understand there are many posters who prioritize discussions staying on topic more than I do.

denverYooper
01-04-2012, 03:49 PM
C'mon. There is nothing nuclear powered about our Zombie Bees.

Parasitic flies turn bees into zombies before wiping them out completely (http://io9.com/5872558/parasitic-flies-turn-bees-into-zombies-before-wiping-them-out-completely)

Zombie Bees don't seem to eat each other though. And they die shortly after infection without needing to be shot/stabbed in the head or otherwise decapitated and dismembered. They don't want brains. They don't go to the mall. What the hell?

I'm really disappointed they didn't include a comment from George Romero. I mean, this would seem to fly in the face of his highly influential theories about zombies.

Patler
01-04-2012, 03:58 PM
I thought I understood what it was all about until I read this post. Now I'm not so sure. Didn't the past infractions lead to a lifetime ban? Or did the ban inlcude the possibility of parole? Or is the possibility of parole now being decided by popular debate? If that is what is happening, I suppose I think that parole boards have the prerogative to consider anything and everything when making their decision. Personally I think one more trouble maker here might not be such a bad thing as long as it doesn't get out of control, but then again I understand there are many posters who prioritize discussions staying on topic more than I do.

I think it was a lifetime ban, but for the lifetime of the particular character he was playing at the time. In other personae, I suspect he never left.

Upnorth
01-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, at times in our lives for some of us it is good to see the seasons change. Others, not so much; so they move to California or Florida where the change is not so pronounced, and some from there move here. That's all it is. Don't blame either those who don't want the change or those who do. Neither is right. Neither is wrong,

But do the zombie bees in California or Florida want the seasons to change? Did you take the time to think of that?

mraynrand
01-04-2012, 04:07 PM

+1

pbmax
01-04-2012, 04:20 PM
I give Tank the credit for outing himself. He could have just posted and stayed in the closet. He most likely didn't have the will power to keep his antics controlled under another alias though, which should tell you something about his motives.

I know what you are saying Nutz, but there is a level of combativeness at which this forum can get unreadable. I was in no frame of mind to be here for long periods during the lockout. And as I recall, a few people made themselves scarce during the worst of Favre-a-palooza and its attendant aftermath.

No one wants to go through that again. The unanswerable question is how much of an impact he has.

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 04:28 PM
I think it was a lifetime ban, but for the lifetime of the particular character he was playing at the time. In other personae, I suspect he never left.

Likely. Are you one of those other personae? Am I? Ahh, the possibilities are endless. :) It does begs the question of why he would want to come back with all the previous baggage rather than just move forward with a clean slate.

BobHanssen
01-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I have to admit that Nutz has always been one of my favorite posters with his Peter Griffeneque style of posting, even though we rarely agree on stuff; stuff like Mike Sherman being great because he's the only GM in history to make the playoffs every year he was GM.

Kentucky has been a hater of mine since the old JSO days when I debunked his theory of a cap hell under the imposing regime of Mike Sherman. Plus, I shut down Darren Charles in a high school football game.

Why the hell would I want to ruin Sportsbubbler? The greatest thing since the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Lovings in Loving vs Virginia? As far as I could tell, it was Jaymo and his band of cretins from some Viking forum that burned Sportsbubbler to the ground. When things got out of control, the fat capitalists that owned JSO simply shut the site down without regards to the good ants that made that site what it was. Where is Trey Wingnut nowadays? That guy was insane in a insanely way.

Look, folks, I just want a place to post without excessive moderation. That, and I kinda of miss Mazzin.

Patler
01-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Likely. Are you one of those other personae? Am I? Ahh, the possibilities are endless. :) It does begs the question of why he would want to come back with all the previous baggage rather than just move forward with a clean slate.

Am I you? Are you me? It is rather confusing.!

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2012, 04:49 PM
It does begs the question of why he would want to come back with all the previous baggage rather than just move forward with a clean slate. Maybe he doesn't give a damn about what some people consider baggage.

I never found Tank offensive at all, he doesn't pick fights or personally insult. He just annoys people with his Tank stylings.

I hope the committee for normalcy adjourns soon.

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Am I you? Are you me? It is rather confusing.!

I'm trying to remember your short-lived alter-ego. Mr Peabody? What was that name? Anyone? Anyone?

I had a second account a long time ago, I forget why, but Madtown immediately busted me. It was for purposes of some sort of chicanery.

sharpe1027
01-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Maybe he doesn't give a damn about what some people consider baggage.

I never found Tank offensive at all, he doesn't pick fights or personally insult. He just annoys people with his Tank stylings.

Maybe. Or maybe he does give a damn. I don't know if offensive is necessarily the right word, tiresome and frustrating come to mind. I am not advocating a ban, but I have enjoyed the extended absence.

MadtownPacker
01-04-2012, 05:19 PM
I just want a place to post without excessive moderation.Let's be clear, we don't give a shit what you want. Our concern is this site and what you can do for us.

I would suggest answering tarlams question from page one.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Maybe he doesn't give a damn about what some people consider baggage.

Where is the rule book you promised?

Patler
01-04-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to remember your short-lived alter-ego. Mr Peabody? What was that name? Anyone? Anyone?

I had a second account a long time ago, I forget why, but Madtown immediately busted me. It was for purposes of some sort of chicanery.

Ah, Shamrockfan, but I never had a second account. When I first signed up here, I decided to do it under a name other than Patler. Never did I appear as both, and eventually I simply changed my screen name from Shamrockfan to Patler, and his posts became my posts for anyone who looked back. Mad was aware of who I was even when others were not. I told him I wanted to drop Patler when I came here to sign up.

Shamrockfan was actually a more common name for me back in those days, used mostly on hockey sites. The only place I ever was known as Patler was at JSO, and the short-lived site between there and here. When I signed up at JSO there were several "Shamrocks" that I thought might be confusing, so for the first time ever I used Patler. I thought a new site with few members would be a good opportunity to revive Shamrockfan. I tried to distance myself from Patler, but when enough people asked and said the preferred Patler, I went back to it. For a few days I actively tried to debunk the Patler connection, but it was futile.

As I said, Mad knew from the time I signed up, because I told him.

Patler
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
Let's be clear, we don't give a shit what you want. Our concern is this site and what you can do for us.

:bclap:

Mad;

I'm beginning to like you again. Can we kiss and makeup from our dust-up in the "Packerrats by subscription" thread?? :lol: :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Where is the rule book you promised?

1) Don't target another poster with repeated personal attacks

2) Do unto others before they can do unto you

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 06:33 PM

Mad;

I'm beginning to like you again. Can we kiss and makeup from our dust-up in the "Packerrats by subscription" thread?? :lol: :lol:

Go ahead if you guys want, but any pictures or videos have to be posted in the Garbage Can.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Crazy, young, White, self proclaimed "liberal" former high school shutdown corner, live from his Moms basement, bumping Coldplay, dogging TT with repeated spoofs of RKellys "Trapped in the closet" song, Internet troll crimes, excessive idiotic behavior, multiple duplicate forum accounts and I think he did some really bad stuff also.

What a great recap.

Guiness
01-04-2012, 07:16 PM

ahem, excuse me?

I may be one of the 'whining babies' but I've been here as long as anyone and can defend myself and my ideas just fine, thank you very much.

Thing is, he's an ass, and did his best to make this place miserable when he was here. I don't miss his presence, and given my druthers, I wouldn't let him back in.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Villains provide the forum a certain entertainment value - much like a train wreck. On the other hand, Tank is probably the most hated poster to ever grace any forum I've been at. This is one of those cases where I'm happy not to be responsible for making a decision.

Good luck Madtown!

Scott Campbell
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM
1) Don't target another poster with repeated personal attacks.

Agreed.

Unless you keep acting like a little bitch.

Old School
01-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm late to the party and don't know all the background on this "discussion". I don't post a lot, but I'm here reading several times a day. If this "return" turns many posts into this kind of BS, it'll be time for me to move on, and that will be too bad. There are/were great Packer football discussions here.

Scott Campbell
01-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I never found Tank offensive at all, he doesn't pick fights or personally insult.

:lol:

Tank?????

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm late to the party and don't know all the background on this "discussion". I don't post a lot, but I'm here reading several times a day. If this "return" turns many posts into this kind of BS, it'll be time for me to move on, and that will be too bad. There are/were great Packer football discussions here.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I'd love to ban the clappy emoticon.

Tarlam!
01-04-2012, 07:56 PM

After the break with JSO, many that stayed behind felt the members of this forum elitist snobs hellbent on keeping the board incestuous and devoid of any "outsiders". Absurd. In the early days, we would look around other sites and that's what they wrote about us. It was laughable.

You might take encouragement from the fact that there is an open discussion on this matter, rather than just a decision made by an avacado picker runaway down in North Mexico. This poster does have history here. His old screen name is Anti Polar Bear. If you're interested,

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?11997-YOU-decide-Tank-Anti-Polar-Bear-s-fate-at-PackerRats&highlight=Anti+Polar+Bear

Guiness
01-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Ah, Shamrockfan, but I never had a second account.

Or for those of us who knew better, Shamler.

You're not subterfuge! Let's not forget the little 'I'm leaving to become a professional sportswriter' bit.

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 08:30 PM

:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

MadtownPacker
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM

Mad;

Gladly, just dont go American Beauty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cDYZpie9d0) on me. :lol:

mission
01-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Let's be clear, we don't give a shit what you want. Our concern is this site and what you can do for us.

Hol'it down... :tup:

Patler
01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
Or for those of us who knew better, Shamler.

You're not subterfuge! Let's not forget the little 'I'm leaving to become a professional sportswriter' bit.

A well-planned April Fools schtick if I do say so myself!

Tarlam!
01-04-2012, 08:46 PM
A well-planned April Fools schtick if I do so so myself!

Had many roped into believing you, me included! You furry little bastard! :lol:

MJZiggy
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
A well-planned April Fools schtick if I do say so myself!

You know I never bought that one for a second!

Bretsky
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
I still don't know how to use the dam clapper !

Patler
01-04-2012, 08:59 PM
You know I never bought that one for a second!

Figured I was too damned old, didn't you?

MJZiggy
01-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Figured I was too damned old, didn't you?

Of course not. What publication in its right mind would hire someone and then try to hush him up about it. A newspaper hires you, they want you to put it on Facebook, Twitter, write to everyone you know, tell your mom's bridge club and stop random strangers on the street. And that's just for starters. Secondly, they wouldn't be able to control what you post on your own time and under a pseudonym at that. They'd likely tell you to post more and put a link to your blog at the paper in your signature.

Iron Mike
01-04-2012, 09:55 PM

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/taxidriver.gif

HowardRoark
01-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Let him occupy Packerrats; when he starts shitting all over the place, ban him. This ain't brain surgery.

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 10:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNMapcqSKHw

Harlan Huckleby
01-04-2012, 10:03 PM

It's as simple as clap on, clap off - the clapper

http://www.everseradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Clap-Bra-8823.jpg

Joemailman
01-04-2012, 10:40 PM
http://www.everseradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Clap-Bra-8823.jpghttp://drstale.mysbrforum.com/photos/l/1i9ix31m.jpg

GrnBay007
01-04-2012, 11:00 PM

Me either B! ...or a couple of my favorites. :( so sad.

pbmax
01-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Check your VCRs people. They are blinking 12:00 again. :)

gbgary
01-05-2012, 12:05 AM
:bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap::bclap:

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 12:13 AM

Seven, when you make a post, you will see two options: Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced. Click the latter. Scrole down and you will see the smilie selection on the right hand side, with the hotlink to more. Be warned. The smilie you select will be deposted at the beginning of your post if you do not have your curser blinking in the text box.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 04:30 AM
Seven, when you make a post, you will see two options: Post Quick Reply or Go Advanced. Click the latter. Scrole down and you will see the smilie selection on the right hand side, with the hotlink to more. Be warned. The smilie you select will be deposted at the beginning of your post if you do not have your curser blinking in the text box.

Tarlam!, you have helped the little old ladies half-way across the street and left them there.

To get to clapper and large collection of smilies, you have to click on the "more" link beneath the smilies.

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 05:01 AM
Tarlam!, you have helped the little old ladies half-way across the street and left them there.

To get to clapper and large collection of smilies, you have to click on the "more" link beneath the smilies.

Thanks HH. You ruined my evil plan to get her attention one more time when she couldn't find it, but hey, don't worry. I'm mad scientisty enough to find another way.

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2012, 08:01 AM
The more Tank posts the less defendable he is.

Bring Partial back.

red
01-05-2012, 09:02 AM
this site is just now starting to recover some

tank has already fucked up at least two sites, letting him back in would be a good way to finally put this site in the ground

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 09:20 AM

tank has already fucked up at least two sites, letting him back in would be a good way to finally put this site in the ground

Again, it amazing to see how many ... posting here ... have the inability... to simply ignore someone.

case in point. That's why it's probably better to keep him away, even though he is more interesting and entertaining than most posters.

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I shut down Darren Charles in a high school football game.

Look, folks, I just want a place to post without excessive moderation. That, and I kinda of miss Mazzin.

awesomeness. How can you miss yourself? :lol:

KYPack
01-05-2012, 10:23 AM
I have to admit that Nutz has always been one of my favorite posters with his Peter Griffeneque style of posting, even though we rarely agree on stuff; stuff like Mike Sherman being great because he's the only GM in history to make the playoffs every year he was GM.

Kentucky has been a hater of mine since the old JSO days when I debunked his theory of a cap hell under the imposing regime of Mike Sherman. Plus, I shut down Darren Charles in a high school football game.

Why the hell would I want to ruin Sportsbubbler? The greatest thing since the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Lovings in Loving vs Virginia? As far as I could tell, it was Jaymo and his band of cretins from some Viking forum that burned Sportsbubbler to the ground. When things got out of control, the fat capitalists that owned JSO simply shut the site down without regards to the good ants that made that site what it was. Where is Trey Wingnut nowadays? That guy was insane in a insanely way.

Well, that's 3 lies in his "best foot forward" post. He went a long way towards ruining SportsBubbler. It was no big loss, but the goof did his best to destroy that forum with spam and goofy, non-football posts. He wasn't a shutdown corner, nobody shut down Darrin Charles. That's all his fantasy, the boy didn't even play ball. The Packers WERE upside down in relation to the salary cap at the end of Sherm's tenure as GM. Thompson got it straightened out by making the tough decisions Shermy avoided like the plague. Tanky still doesn't understand what happened 8 years ago with the Pack. What insight can he provide about the current team?

If you let him on this forum, it will take months to untangle the mess he will create.

hoosier
01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
If a poster like Tank can bring a site down then the site is already dead. Maybe letting Tank back could be seen as a way of proving that this site is bigger than that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 10:46 AM

What a load of hooey.

If people can't tolerate somebody they don't like, then they should go back to kindergarten and learn how to play well with others. How much maturity does it take to just ignore a poster?

It's possible for a poster to ruin a site with spam and gross talk. That hardly seems a threat from Tank, and could be dealt with easily if medications go awry or something.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 10:49 AM
If you let him on this forum, it will take months to untangle the mess he will create.

Then get rid of the people who are too intolerant or immature to deal with somebody they don't like.

What a parcel of pussies we got here.

KYPack
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Then get rid of the people who are too intolerant or immature to deal with somebody they don't like.

I believe the correct term is a gaggle of pussies. Go ahead HH, you are a well known internet tough guy, call us names.
Some pretty damned good posters think Tank should not be allowed back on the forum.

In fact, it's a majority of the posters.

So keep Tank banned and just let him PM his witticisms directly to Hoosier and the
Blue Hound.

That'd keep everybody happy.

Zool
01-05-2012, 12:04 PM
I believe Old School's post should be all that's required to read in this thread.

It's all just a little bit of history repeating if we let him back yet again.

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Tank should be allowed back, but only in the months of March, and June. The dead time for football talk let him entertain us with his wit. The sad thing is, Tank is like 27 or 28 years old and he is begging to be let back on an internet forum. Are we just that cool, or is he just that pathetic?

Shit is about to get real.

Guiness
01-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Tank should be allowed back, but only in the months of March, and June. The dead time for football talk let him entertain us with his wit. The sad thing is, Tank is like 27 or 28 years old and he is begging to be let back on an internet forum. Are we just that cool, or is he just that pathetic?

Shit is about to get real.

If all 16 year old girls on the internet are actually 45 year old guys posting in their underwear, what does that make Tank in RL?

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Some pretty damned good posters think Tank should not be allowed back on the forum.

In fact, it's a majority of the posters.
So now people are ejected for being unpopular?

If somebody is spamming this football forum with off-topic posts, sure, goodbye.

If somebody is harassing individuals with personal comments, good riddance.

The reasons you cited for kicking him out are absurd: he ruined another forum? I doubt it, but it is irrelevant. Where is the criminal pattern here? You complain that he misrepresented his athletic career. So what - Nutz was the fat kid who never got picked for teams, he's been lying about his high school glories. I have photos from Hudson High yearbook to prove it. Face it, you and the other town elders just don't like Tank, I don't care or blame you for that. But the problem is YOU, you let him get to you.

red
01-05-2012, 01:41 PM
What a load of hooey.

If people can't tolerate somebody they don't like, then they should go back to kindergarten and learn how to play well with others. How much maturity does it take to just ignore a poster?

It's possible for a poster to ruin a site with spam and gross talk. That hardly seems a threat from Tank, and could be dealt with easily if medications go awry or something.

people come to this site to forget about all the stupid bullshit that happens to us in real life. if we have to put up with more stupid bullshit on here, then whats the point of coming on here?

and its not like we're talking about someone that has made 1 or 2 mistakes, or someone like partial, who can add something to the forum before he implodes.

tank has never added anything to a site that i have seen him on, and has done everything in his power to fuck up every single one he's been apart of.

i promise you. if he comes back, many will leave

ThunderDan
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM

The problem is when you have 50 core posters (if that) loosing 5 is a big issue. If we had 500 core posters, what do a handful matter anyways? It's all about the numbers and I don't think purposefully ticking off a large segment of a small group is smart.

sharpe1027
01-05-2012, 01:53 PM

If somebody is spamming this football forum with off-topic posts, sure, goodbye.

The reasons you cited for kicking him out are absurd: he ruined another forum? I doubt it, but it is irrelevant. Where is the criminal pattern here? You complain that he misrepresented his athletic career. So what - Nutz was the fat kid who never got picked for teams, he's been lying about his high school glories. I have photos from Hudson High yearbook to prove it. Face it, you and the other town elders just don't like Tank, I don't care or blame you for that. But the problem is YOU, you let him get to you.

You got me. I'm selfish and like it better without his presence. I'm fine with it being my problem and I don't really care all that much if in the end he is denied some sort of right that someone else made up. Then again, I will probably mostly ignore him if that ends up not being the case. No big deal either way.

This isn't a socialist government program that requires equal access to everyone unless they break some unwritten rule. It's a relatively obscure forum. Your personal opinion on how everyone else should feel about this issue is probably more morally correct than mine. I'm fine with that. Feel free to ignore me, but just don't let my opinion on this issue get to you.

Pugger
01-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, that's 3 lies in his "best foot forward" post. He went a long way towards ruining SportsBubbler. It was no big loss, but the goof did his best to destroy that forum with spam and goofy, non-football posts. He wasn't a shutdown corner, nobody shut down Darrin Charles. That's all his fantasy, the boy didn't even play ball. The Packers WERE upside down in relation to the salary cap at the end of Sherm's tenure as GM. Thompson got it straightened out by making the tough decisions Shermy avoided like the plague. Tanky still doesn't understand what happened 8 years ago with the Pack. What insight can he provide about the current team?

tinkerbelle still calls that guy Darren Charles and there has never been a WR in Wisconsin by that name. ;-) He also claims to have been in San Francisco in the 60s. He probably was in diapers in the 1980s. He is so full of bull shit its ridiculous. I for one do not want that vermin polluting yet another Packer forum!!! :no:

pbmax
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Didn't you take a long time-out from this place to get past the hard feelings it was creating when things were moving through choppy waters?

Next your going to tell me we are at war with Oceania and friendly with Eastasia :lol:

Face it, Rand has got a point. Not everyone is going to have your (newly discovered) equanimity in dealing with a provocative poster. No one thought pacopete or cpk1994 made any sense, but they managed to keelhaul a lot of threads. Tank/APB makes them look like Fritz in comparison.

HowardRoark
01-05-2012, 02:24 PM
Why is this thread here?

pbmax
01-05-2012, 02:28 PM
Why is this thread here?

Its all part of the Drama/Service.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Didn't you take a long time-out from this place to get past the hard feelings it was creating when things were moving through choppy waters?

Next your going to tell me we are at war with Oceania and friendly with Eastasia :lol:

Face it, Rand has got a point. Not everyone is going to have your (newly discovered) equanimity in dealing with a provocative poster.
I've left for 3 extended periods, will probably leave again sometime just because it gets old. I have little tolerance for personalized fights, it's just not my thing. I mostly avoid the FYI room for this reason. Avoiding a forum because a poster is generically annoying is different kettle of fish.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 02:46 PM
This isn't a socialist government program that requires equal access to everyone unless they break some unwritten rule.

are you equating socialism with tolerance and freedom? :cnf:

whatever the place is, it ought to allow access to anyone who doesn't break the rules, whatever those standards are.

sharpe1027
01-05-2012, 03:01 PM
are you equating socialism with tolerance and freedom? :cnf:

whatever the place is, it ought to allow access to anyone who doesn't break the rules, whatever those standards are.

No, I am equating socialism to your opinion that all potential posters have some inherent shared right/stake in being able to post here. Maybe not a perfect comparison, but you sidestepping the substance of my post by nitpicking my wording choice.

Stop whining.

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2012, 03:20 PM

I didn't go to Hudson High School. I would appreciate it if you kept other poster's personal information out of your posts. Thank you.

Pugger, there was a high school wide receiver by the name Darren Charles that played at Oshkosh North High School and got a scholarship to Wisconsin to play football, he was a bit underwelming when he got to the University. Tall about 6'4" 180 pounds, not real fluid and ran his routes with regards to his own personal safety. Tank might have shut him down, it was high school, kids have off games, I did research this phantom high school cornerback that supposedly covered Charles like glue in a game, but I have never read or seen mention of him in any reading or research in regards to Darren Charles high school football career. You would think a guy that could cover would be an all conference player, heck even all state, but not a single mention.

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I have broken two of the most important rules on Packerrats, mostly by accident. I posted a picture of some well endowed man hooters that supposedly belonged to a member of our forum. What a mistake, I apologized but I received a harsh ban. Then I created a new identity here blocking my ip address. I was caught.

I don't like Tank and when I was the administrator's assistant I had him blocked from this forum, but times change like the seasons and I don't think we can just block someone because we don't like what he posts. If Madtown decides to keep Tank from posting here because he broke the rules of having more than one account then by all means I am fine with that, but I don't think we should block him because we don't like his posts, we all don't like the smell of shit but we smell our own once or twice a day.

sharpe1027
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
If the ban was legit, then I've heard no good reason for reversing it and plenty of reasons for not bothering to give the request to reverse it a second thought. Whatever is fine. Just do something and move on.

pbmax
01-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I didn't go to Hudson High School. I would appreciate it if you kept other poster's personal information out of your posts. Thank you.

Pugger, there was a high school wide receiver by the name Darren Charles that played at Oshkosh North High School and got a scholarship to Wisconsin to play football, he was a bit underwelming when he got to the University. Tall about 6'4" 180 pounds, not real fluid and ran his routes with regards to his own personal safety. Tank might have shut him down, it was high school, kids have off games, I did research this phantom high school cornerback that supposedly covered Charles like glue in a game, but I have never read or seen mention of him in any reading or research in regards to Darren Charles high school football career. You would think a guy that could cover would be an all conference player, heck even all state, but not a single mention.

You might want to search instead for Darrin Charles, which I think the joke Pugger was making.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2012, 04:06 PM
:drma:

swede
01-05-2012, 04:15 PM
The sites with 500 posters eject idiots in a heartbeat. That is how they grow. They keep the mission of the forum on point.

However, Packerrats deliberately cultivates an outsiders image. Half of the idiots that get ejected from the big sites are prime material for Packerrats. The other rejects, though, don't even meet our low standards.

It is ridiculous to suggest that this site, despite its low standards, doesn't have some standards. This is a monarchy. I applaud any acts of mercy, any outrageous acts of mean, spiteful and vindictive forum management, and any bored tolerance that emits from the king burrito. It is his site.

Smidgeon
01-05-2012, 04:22 PM
:drma:

+1

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 04:28 PM
No, I am equating socialism to your opinion that all potential posters have some inherent shared right/stake in being able to post here.
I never suggested all have an inherent right to post here. In fact, we apparently are in agreement that there must be standards. We disagree on what conduct should get somebody excluded. I think somebody who is unpopular or annoying should be allowed in, as long as they aren't spamming, or needling particular posters who don't want to talk with the them.

Zool
01-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I never suggested all have an inherent right to post here. In fact, we apparently are in agreement that there must be standards. We disagree on what conduct should get somebody excluded. I think somebody who is unpopular or annoying should be allowed in, as long as they aren't spamming, or needling particular posters who don't want to talk with the them.

What you're actually saying is someone repeatedly broke specific rules and was given a lifetime ban should be let back in. I guess this is your pet project for this week. Being contrarian for the sake of it is fucking annoying but people aren't asking for you to be banned.

PA Pack Fan
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM

Put him on Double Secret Probabtion and be done with it, sheesh.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
What you're actually saying is someone repeatedly broke specific rules and was given a lifetime ban should be let back in.

I don't know what happenned in the past, even though I was here I didn't notice tank much. If there is a good reason to keep the guy out, then fine. I don't consider the gripes I read in this thread to be good reasons

KYPack
01-05-2012, 05:05 PM

As PB said, Nutz it's Darrin Charles, with an "I".

Here's the true deal on Charles and "Tank",

Darrin Charles was the WI high school football player of the year. He played at Oshkosh North the year they won the State Championship. By happenstance the principal of Oshkosh North is an old teammate of...KYpack. I was in Oshburg in the summer and was in a golf outing with my old friend. I asked him if there was some flash of a cb that went to Appleton and "shut down" Charles in a game. My buddy laughed and said "Hell no, nobody shutdown Charles, he was a man among boys in high school. Schoolboy DB's couldn't do a thing with him". when I asked about the Appleton game, my buddy laughed, Appleton was blown out in that game, the guy would be a fool to brag about that game" I agreed that Tank was a fool.

Later on Sportsbubbler, a kid who played for north confimed the details of that game:

Oshkosh North 33
Appleton (some direction) 0!

Charles caught one pass for 18 yards. Appleton couldn't stop the North rushing game, so Charles only was thrown one pass. The game was an ass stomping.

This did make me think when I learned all this. why would he brag about this shit? I played in the wrong end of a few blow-outs. The last thing you want to talk about is a game like that. Then I realized, Tank did not even play hs football.

Later there was an SB thread in which Tanky was bragging about the great shutdown feat. I asked him a question about some common terminolgy that any player would know, but fans don't usually talk about. he gagged and went off line.

I can't prove it, but I'm reasonably certain Tank didn't even play any ball.

One thing is sure. Tank didn't shut down Charles because nobody did that season.

99% of his shit is a lie or too goofy to pay attention to.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Ted's not really trapped in the closet either.

KYPack
01-05-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Ted's not really trapped in the closet either.

Ironic.

Banning talk happens and Scott shows up,

Been skiing yet?

Tell the lads about the time I burned Tanky on SB, Scott.

Scott Campbell
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
C'mon now. Everybody burns Tank. He's flameproof. But yeah, you got him as good as anybody has.

When Harlan gets up on his pulpit, I like to be in the first pew.

Skiing SUCKS! We need snow.

Deputy Nutz
01-05-2012, 05:32 PM
You all busting my balls about an "I"?

Darrin Charles was a good high school ball player and that was it, even if Tank's story held water it doesn't matter, it was high school. I was a legend on the gridiron but I wasn't tall enough, bla bla bla... I once gave up 3 sacks to some guy from Green Bay Notre Dame that was a 2 year starter for the Badgers, I should have given up everyone of those sacks and he should have had 3 more, but I grabbed his entire leg on one play and he dragged me on his way to the QB luckily our qb got rid of the ball before he was sacked for a fourth time. The next time I cut his ass, I thought I was pretty smart but he got up and chased our QB out of bounds, and on the next one I horse collared his ass and went for a ride, lets just say he didn't make it the qb. He was nice enough to help me off the turf on a few plays.

We have all played against great high school players that go on to big universities and sometimes even the pros. I have another good story, when I was a sophomore my job was to cut block the other teams all-state defensive end and knock him out of the game, well if it was as easy as our coach made it sound why hadn't some other team done earlier in the season? Well I failed and our QB didn't remember the game, to bad it was the state championship and we lost it 31-0. That guy went on to play tight end for the Jets. He was good.

Sad thing is I can't remember the names of these guys. One time Badger great Chris Macintosh knocked me on my ass in a blocking drill and he was nice enough to help me up and ask me if I was ok. Super nice guy. The point is I was good enough to be around these players. One time Barry Alvarez told me if I was 4 inches taller he would love to give me a scholarship. He was a really nice guy as well.

Here is a little more back ground information on the alledged scholarship offer from Barry Alvarez. I went to the Badger Football Camp with a couple other teammates. I was a defensive linemen and linebacker at the camp, and I was having a really good camp especially in one on one pass blocking drills with the offensive linemen. I was kicking the shit out of a highly rated offensive line recruit from DC Everest, I think his name was Jake Jakobiski or something like that, I got a sack out of him 3 times in a row and just my luck Barry Alvarez is watching all three because he is watching his prized recruit get his ass kicked, him and the offensive line coach of the Badgers are giving this guy pointers and technique lessons in between the ass kickings I am dishing out. After I got the 3rd sack off of him a couple of buddies tell me to ask Barry what he thought and what my odds were for a scholarship. This is where Barry is a nice guy, because he actually came over and told me I did a nice job, I introduced myself, "Hi Coach, my name is Deputy Nutz and I have really enjoyed myself at your camp. What are the chances of you recruiting me the next two years?"

Guys were in stitches, trying to hold in their laughter, shit I was half serious after the display I put on, and he then said that he had several walk-ons do quite well at Madison and that if I grew another 3-4 inches he would love to see some game film. Then some asshole goes and dislocates his hip and ruins my conversation with the head coach. But that was as close as I ever came to becoming a Badger. I got to wear a Wisconsin Helmet all through camp though. That was neat.

The point is that we all have our war stories, some are just better than shutting Darrin Charles down.

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
When Harlan gets up on his pulpit, I like to be in the first pew. .

A Packerrat classic line!

Uh oh - am I needling a member who doesn't want to talk to me? Zounds! Goodbye all!

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
The point is that we all have our war stories, some are just better than shutting Darrin Charles down.

I drew a charging foul and scored a three point play off Darrell Thompson in college intramurals. Is that more or less interesting?

Scott Campbell
01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
You all busting my balls about an "I"?

Darrin Charles was a good high school ball player and that was it, even if Tank's story held water it doesn't matter, it was high school. I was a legend on the gridiron but I wasn't tall enough, bla bla bla... I once gave up 3 sacks to some guy from Green Bay Notre Dame that was a 2 year starter for the Badgers, I should have given up everyone of those sacks and he should have had 3 more, but I grabbed his entire leg on one play and he dragged me on his way to the QB luckily our qb got rid of the ball before he was sacked for a fourth time. The next time I cut his ass, I thought I was pretty smart but he got up and chased our QB out of bounds, and on the next one I horse collared his ass and went for a ride, lets just say he didn't make it the qb. He was nice enough to help me off the turf on a few plays.

We have all played against great high school players that go on to big universities and sometimes even the pros. I have another good story, when I was a sophomore my job was to cut block the other teams all-state defensive end and knock him out of the game, well if it was as easy as our coach made it sound why hadn't some other team done earlier in the season? Well I failed and our QB didn't remember the game, to bad it was the state championship and we lost it 31-0. That guy went on to play tight end for the Jets. He was good.

Sad thing is I can't remember the names of these guys. One time Badger great Chris Macintosh knocked me on my ass in a blocking drill and he was nice enough to help me up and ask me if I was ok. Super nice guy. The point is I was good enough to be around these players. One time Barry Alvarez told me if I was 4 inches taller he would love to give me a scholarship. He was a really nice guy as well.

Here is a little more back ground information on the alledged scholarship offer from Barry Alvarez. I went to the Badger Football Camp with a couple other teammates. I was a defensive linemen and linebacker at the camp, and I was having a really good camp especially in one on one pass blocking drills with the offensive linemen. I was kicking the shit out of a highly rated offensive line recruit from DC Everest, I think his name was Jake Jakobiski or something like that, I got a sack out of him 3 times in a row and just my luck Barry Alvarez is watching all three because he is watching his prized recruit get his ass kicked, him and the offensive line coach of the Badgers are giving this guy pointers and technique lessons in between the ass kickings I am dishing out. After I got the 3rd sack off of him a couple of buddies tell me to ask Barry what he thought and what my odds were for a scholarship. This is where Barry is a nice guy, because he actually came over and told me I did a nice job, I introduced myself, "Hi Coach, my name is Deputy Nutz and I have really enjoyed myself at your camp. What are the chances of you recruiting me the next two years?"

Guys were in stitches, trying to hold in their laughter, shit I was half serious after the display I put on, and he then said that he had several walk-ons do quite well at Madison and that if I grew another 3-4 inches he would love to see some game film. Then some asshole goes and dislocates his hip and ruins my conversation with the head coach. But that was as close as I ever came to becoming a Badger. I got to wear a Wisconsin Helmet all through camp though. That was neat.

Now it's a good thread.

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Now it's a good thread.

I always liked it, but now it has colour!

It is great that posters are going up to bat for Tank, but equally great that posters wanna protect the joint.

Little Whiskey
01-05-2012, 08:46 PM
the reason for tank, or partial for that matter. ..........a thread that goes to 9 pages in just 2 days. good or bad, he makes people post.

hell he even drew a story out about Nutz shutting down Jake jakobiski!

MadtownPacker
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
It is great that posters are going up to bat for Tank, but equally great that posters wanna protect the joint.
A valid point.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2012, 10:01 PM
the reason for tank, or partial for that matter. ..........a thread that goes to 9 pages in just 2 days. good or bad, he makes people post.
He does get a rise out of people. I imagine he is real happy with himself knowing that he is a hot topic. Valid points also.

MJZiggy
01-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Ya know, in theory, we only have two fucking rules in place. Tank was not banned for being annoying. He was banned for breaking the rule that earns you banning. If he comes back in, does that mean our two rules no longer apply?

MadtownPacker
01-05-2012, 10:15 PM
If the ban was legit, then I've heard no good reason for reversing it and plenty of reasons for not bothering to give the request to reverse it a second thought. Whatever is fine. Just do something and move on.The is the most valid and most important point. The ban was legit. That means we will have to honor that decision. A re-vote is always welcome but I get the feeling the answer wont change.

Sorry Tank, we gave you lots of chances and that wasnt good enough for you. This is not what I personally want to do but you are not welcome here because of you're own actions. I have deactivated the BobHanssen account.

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Gotta give huge kudos to Mad for even considering this and putting a poll out there to get everybody's views. From a forum standpoint I found him entertaining but he often stirred shit up and more than earned his ban.

I think if I was Mad I would have never even asked for anybody's views since Tank had to be a pain in the ass to try to moderate. Give him and inch and he took 6.

It would have really sucked if you let somebody back in and lose a couple good posters. And if you open the gate to one....then others might follow....and I know there are one or two that I'm much happier seeing away as one got under my nerves a lot and probably contributed to a break I had from the forum.

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
If Tank can return, certainly Bigguns outta be allowed back in. I bet he doesn't want it.

MadtownPacker
01-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your support B.

If Tank can return, certainly Bigguns outta be allowed back in. I bet he doesn't want it.
FYI - Bigguns has been activated for a while now. He has just never came back.

mraynrand
01-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks for your support B.

FYI - Bigguns has been activated for a while now. He has just never came back.

well I got something right

Tarlam!
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Mad opened the door a crack for him, but he didn't push it open. He should have voiced an opinion about TT when he had the chance. He could still hate TT. Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Would have given the posters a picture of his mental health.

Kudos Mad, well dealt with.

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 11:15 PM
The ban was legit. That means we will have to honor that decision. A re-vote is always welcome

If the ban was necessary, why open it up for discussion? What's this voting business?

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Mad opened the door a crack for him, but he didn't push it open. He should have voiced an opinion about TT when he had the chance. He could still hate TT. Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Would have given the posters a picture of his mental health.

What are you talking about? Did tank just lose a popularity contest, or was he banned for some unforgivable past action?

This mental health reqirement sounds like a slippery slope, better keep bar low.

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 11:26 PM
If the ban was necessary, why open it up for discussion? What's this voting business?

It was open for discussion to Mad could get the forum's views. It appears the majority felt one way.

Bretsky
01-05-2012, 11:27 PM
What are you talking about? Did tank just lose a popularity contest, or was he banned for some unforgivable past action?

This mental health reqirement sounds like a slippery slope, better keep bar low.

I think you know Tanks was banned long ago for violating rules

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 11:49 PM
It was open for discussion to Mad could get the forum's views. It appears the majority felt one way.

what difference does it make what the majority thinks?

Harlan Huckleby
01-05-2012, 11:55 PM
I think you know Tanks was banned long ago for violating rules

ok, fine. I really have no interest in tank or his banning, I remember nothing about it. Maybe he deserves to stay banned. This business of having a public debate where people who dislike him demand that he be kept away is distasteful.

I believe in rule of law, not mob justice and popularity contests.

MadtownPacker
01-06-2012, 12:05 AM
You have always been such a man of the people. So willing to discuss everything. Why the change of heart now?

You dont get it. Tank didnt get voted off the island. He got a chance to be voted back which no one wanted. He had already been booted.

MadtownPacker
01-06-2012, 12:08 AM
Youre right. I should have just deleted the thread he started asking to come back. We voted once, so why could we not vote again?

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 12:17 AM

This is fair, so you'll be pleased to know he was banned for using multiple IP addresses despite a series of warnings to decease from doing so. The fact that he was highly antagonistic and posters were relieved to see his departure has nothing to do with the ban as such. Now the mob is saying the ban should not be revoked, I'll give you that.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM
You have always been such a man of the people. So willing to discuss everything. Why the change of heart now?

I'm all for open discussions on policy. But when it comes down to a person, no.

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 12:24 AM
I'm all for open discussions on policy. But when it comes down to a person, no.

Sorry, but Tank instigated the discussion with his initial plea. He could have easily PMed the Admin and kept his name out of the spotlight.

mraynrand
01-06-2012, 06:36 AM

mraynrand
01-06-2012, 07:22 AM
This is fair, so you'll be pleased to know he was banned for using multiple IP addresses despite a series of warnings to decease from doing so.

awesome.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2012, 07:39 AM

I dunno - maybe Mad just wanted a good sermon from Reverend Harlan.

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 07:45 AM
awesome.

cease and desist = decease? :)

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2012, 07:50 AM
I have a feeling Mad was never going to allow Tank back in. I am all right with that, he really doesn't deserve to be in since he is an attention seeking poster that is only posting for the negative attention he receives, Saying that, this place will be like a ghost town at the end of Febuary and March.

Harlan Huckleby
01-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Sorry, but Tank instigated the discussion with his initial plea. He could have easily PMed the Admin and kept his name out of the spotlight.I suppose. And come to think of it, I did start a "free Partial" thread once. Or twice. But I meant that as a more light-hearted thing.

I didn't like the insincerity of the campaign. People saying they were only concerned about the good of the forum, when the claim was pretty much coming from the tankophobes who just couldn't ignore the guy themselves. And then the talk that the reason he was kept banned was the old multiple-IP violation. Baloney. He was kept banned because he lost a popularity contest, just be clear about it.

Well, I fought the good fight for truth, justice and the American way. But the townfolk raised their pitchforks and evicted the villiage idiot. Poor guy probably is at Bears forum or something now.

KYPack
01-06-2012, 08:29 AM
I'd imagine he's in some Buc's forum spamming for them to hire his hero Sherm.

Obviously, I'm against Tank getting permission to post here. It really isn't for all his past sins. I want to ban what he has become. His sole interest in posting in any Packer Forum is to disrupt it, make it dysfunctional, thus calling attention to Tank.

I'm against Tank like some old fireman hates firebugs. He isn't a poster anymore, just a troll bent on wrecking the forum he's posting in.

Mad did take the poster's opinion into account, but his best job was recognizing it was time to preserve this little rat nest.

mraynrand
01-06-2012, 09:43 AM
he really doesn't deserve to be in since he is an attention seeking poster that is only posting for the negative attention he receives

If that's your criteria, you can pretty much get rid of half the posters here.

mraynrand
01-06-2012, 09:45 AM
cease and desist = decease? :)

That's what I was thinking. How very Jim Gantner of you.

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2012, 10:28 AM
If that's your criteria, you can pretty much get rid of half the posters here.

There is a lot of truth to this statement, but I think you can agree that Tank would go to the extremes with it, and when emotions run high it seems that good posters, or good people behind the poster do some pretty lame shit because the can't handle what someone said on an internet forum, and before you know it everything goes in the gutter. Sure it is entertaining, but it never ends well.

mraynrand
01-06-2012, 10:39 AM
There is a lot of truth to this statement, but I think you can agree that Tank would go to the extremes with it, and when emotions run high it seems that good posters, or good people behind the poster do some pretty lame shit because the can't handle what someone said on an internet forum, and before you know it everything goes in the gutter. Sure it is entertaining, but it never ends well.

I think we're on the same page with this one

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Posters like Oregon Packfan, or PiP really enriched this place. Give me these posters back. Tank scared them off.

mraynrand
01-06-2012, 11:05 AM
I thought I drove PiP away. Oh well, another accomplishment I have to take off my resume.

I thought Oregon left over the Favre thing.

Another thing about Favre - you really did see the BFFFs drop off after he actually retired/started losing to the Packers (e.g. Mobb, Gex). Some people really were mainly Favre fans. That's not too surprising.

woodbuck27
01-06-2012, 11:34 AM

Ohh no not Tinkerbell the Infamous Horror of that here on Packerrats...we can't take it !

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Posters like Oregon Packfan, or PiP really enriched this place. Give me these posters back. Tank scared them off.

They were decent people but lets not fool ourselves in thinking that they added anything in regards to enriching football discussion or debate. They were Packer fans that enjoyed watching the Packers, I really can't say that I miss them as posters, but as people they will always be missed.

woodbuck27
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM

hahaaha x 100%

woodbuck27
01-06-2012, 11:53 AM

Bang on as usual Deputy in your 'Final Analysis'. Bottom line if a poster annoys you. Ignore his hot breath. It works.

MadtownPacker
01-06-2012, 12:16 PM
I have a feeling Mad was never going to allow Tank back in. I am all right with that, he really doesn't deserve to be in since he is an attention seeking poster that is only posting for the negative attention he receives, Saying that, this place will be like a ghost town at the end of Febuary and March.How about you get a feeling to go fuck yourself? I said if I went by what I want I would let him back. Why should you question that?

woodbuck27
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
How about you get a feeling to go fuck yourself? I said if I went by what I want I would let him back. Why should you question that?

Good grief...Tank as Tank and Anti-Polor-Bear. How much damage did he really do? I never saw it but maybe 'of a sort of certain anti TT posters back then'. I agreed, to a certain degree, with his hard stances against Ted Thompson's ways. Are we all supposed to be converted at the same time? What a place this would be if we ALL ...ALWAYS agreed with ALL things.

I liked Tank. So if that places a target on my Packerrat back so be it. I'll deal with it as I always have. People grow as they age. People need to be given opportunities to express themselves, and going against the status quo isn't a criteria for expulsion.

I do disagree with any poster attacking or mocking another as a form of bullying; and in that case a war can ensue. That battle reflects poorly on the Forum as a whole and that sucks.

If a poster attacks another it's easy. i.e. Poster number ONE attacks Poster Number TWO.

Best Response: Number Two has a simple choice. Ignore Number One. That's the 'only' unselfish action required for the general health of the society in general here.

I'm still looking for a Tank post. I want to say 'Hello' !!

MJZiggy
01-06-2012, 05:34 PM

Thanks for reminding me. Need to send PIP and GBM an email. I love it when you do that.

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Thanks for reminding me. Need to send PIP and GBM an email. I love it when you do that.

Send 'em my affection...

Tarlam!
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
They were decent people but lets not fool ourselves in thinking that they added anything in regards to enriching football discussion or debate.

Neither do I. Still, I like to contribute and they did, too.

MJZiggy
01-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Neither do I. Still, I like to contribute and they did, too.

Me either. But I learn a lot. I don't think you have to be a former player or be able to massively analyze stats or debate the minutia of the game in order to be valuable to the forum.

Deputy Nutz
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM
But you have heart, and that is important

Scott Campbell
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Bang on as usual Deputy in your 'Final Analysis'. Bottom line if a poster annoys you. Ignore his hot breath. It works.

Agreed.

Even if it did take you 7 years of beat downs to arrive at such a simple conclusion.

Scott Campbell
01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
I liked Tank.

I truly doubt that. Your only bond with Tank was your united seething hatred of all things Ted.

George Cumby
01-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Late to the discussion here.

I lurked at JSO, Sports Bubbler and here during the Tank, APBB days, whatever the fuck he was calling himself. The fucking guy made shit simply unreadable. I would occasionally stop by SB for a while after moving my lurking here. I stopped completely as every thread was brought to a screeching halt with a flaming busload of Tank's bullshit.

Yes we can hit the "ignore" button or just not read the posts we don't want to read, but keeping the ban in place was smart and healthy.

This place is pretty cool in a dysfunctional family kind of way (although I would argue that given the open nature of how conflict is dealt with here, it is actually pretty functional), it would have been a shame to introduce that type of toxicity to the mix.

KYPack
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Late to the discussion here.

I lurked at JSO, Sports Bubbler and here during the Tank, APBB days, whatever the fuck he was calling himself. The fucking guy made shit simply unreadable. I would occasionally stop by SB for a while after moving my lurking here. I stopped completely as every thread was brought to a screeching halt with a flaming busload of Tank's bullshit.

Yes we can hit the "ignore" button or just not read the posts we don't want to read, but keeping the ban in place was smart and healthy.

This place is pretty cool in a dysfunctional family kind of way (although I would argue that given the open nature of how conflict is dealt with here, it is actually pretty functional), it would have been a shame to introduce that type of toxicity to the mix.

x1000

Many on here remember the "cute" Tank. He's way crazier and much more malicious than he was a few years ago.

His whole world (thus his schtick) came crashing down when the Pack won the SB. That made everyting he stood for null and void. It drove him crazy that The Rodgers-led Pack put together by TT got the job done. Tank was hell-bent on spoiilng Packer fans happiness.

Huck and some of 'em were defending somebody they didn't really know, the cutesy Tank. The one that's around now only has one goal. To wreck threads and destroy Packer forums. George is right, keeping him out of here was the only thing that could be done