PDA

View Full Version : So what did Mr Favre have to say anyway?

Rastak
08-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Didn't see the press conference....

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Was it at 11:30 or 12:30? I thought it was 12:30. If so it hasnt taken place yet...........

Pack0514
08-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Didnt see it but it already happened. See report from JSOnline:

WEDNESDAY, Aug. 16, 2006, 12:02 p.m.
Favre talks about team at news conference

In case you were wondering (and/or worrying), Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre DID NOT announce his retirement at the opening of a regularly scheduled news conference this morning. Rumors on the Web had raised that possibility earlier this morning.

"I'm here to play," Favre said during the news conference. "I'm very satistifed with the decision I made (to return for another season)."

He talked about the youth and inexperience of the team, particularly the offensive line. He talked about the struggles of the line against the Chargers in the team's first exhibition game last Saturday. But he said the team had talent and could improve.

We'll post audio of the news conference shortly.

Willard
08-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Same ol same ol. He sounds a little aggravated at the slow development of the OL, but he reiterated his assessment that the draft picks (Colledge, Spitz, Moll) have a lot of talent. He just hopes they can get it together. He said it is critical to get a running game, becuase no team is going to win consistently if they have to pass 40 times per game. He has no regrets coming back. He thinks he has very good communication with MM, and they are on the same page. He and MM talk about what they want to do with the offense, but some of those plans are on the back burner until the starters are established and can demonstrate a grasp of the fundamentals.

He was low key and reserved. He certainly did not radiate a confidence of somebody who thinks he is leading a kick-ass team. OTOH, what a drag to face the same tired questions from the same lame reporters again and again. Talk about Chinese water torture........