PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Greene HOF Finalist

Joemailman
01-07-2012, 08:51 PM
http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/1/7/class-of-2012-finalists/

Must receive 80% of votes for enshrinement. Ron Wolf was a semi-finalist who did not make the cut.

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 01:42 AM
I think any GM that turns the fortunes of a Franchise the way Wolf did in Green Bay has done something special. But he still makes headlines and in a way, he is still active; most recently, he facilitâted the Oakland/Mckenzie deal. Perhaps the voters don't agree he's retired enough.

As to Green: He never played in the G&G.

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 08:37 AM
I think any GM that turns the fortunes of a Franchise the way Wolf did in Green Bay has done something special. But he still makes headlines and in a way, he is still active; most recently, he facilitâted the Oakland/Mckenzie deal. Perhaps the voters don't agree he's retired enough.

As to Green: He never played in the G&G.

Follow up from my previous post. Regarding the bolded.

I was under the impression one had to be retired for 5 years to gain eligibility and this is only partly correct. From:

http://www.nfl.com/halloffame/story/09000d5d825c81e2/article/hall-of-fame-announces-17-finalists-for-class-of-2012?module=HP11_headline_stack

To be eligible for election, modern-era players and coaches must be retired at least five years. Contributors need not be retired.Although there isn't a set number of enshrinees for any class, the Hall of Fame's current ground rules stipulate that between four and seven new members will be selected each year. No more than five modern-era nominees can be elected in a given year, and a class of six or seven can only be achieved if one or both senior nominees are elected.(...)

The following 11 semifinalists didn't make the cut: (...)

» Clay Matthews, LB -- 1978-1993 Cleveland Browns, 1994-96 Atlanta Falcons(...)
» Paul Tagliabue, Commissioner -- 1989-2006 National Football League(...)
» Ron Wolf, Contributor -- 1963-1974, 1978-1990 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders, 1975-77 Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1990 New York Jets, 1991-2001 Green Bay Packers

Surprised that Tabs didn't get into the finals. CM Jr didn't make it either. Wolf had a heck of a career. No wonder he's so close to the Raiders top brass. He spent over 2 decades with them!