PDA

View Full Version : Giants coming to Lambeau...are you worried?

Brando19
01-08-2012, 03:22 PM
This is the team I did NOT want right off the bat. I'd much rather GB play the Lions or Falcons. Did Green Bay shoot themselves in the foot by beating the Lions the last game? I don't know. The Giants are playing very good football right now. Very good. My question...who ya got? I think it'll be a very close game. The Giants will have over a 100 yards rushing while the Packers have less than 75 total rushing yards. The key to victory will be pass protection. I think Clifton will have an excellent game and Rodgers only gets sacked once. Woodson has an INT and Peprah has an INT.
I'll take Packers 28 Giants 24

Brandon494
01-08-2012, 03:35 PM
My prediction is that we win

yooperfan
01-08-2012, 03:37 PM
If we're scared to play anybody then we shouldn't be champions........the focus starts now!

pittstang5
01-08-2012, 03:43 PM
This is the team I did NOT want right off the bat. I'd much rather GB play the Lions or Falcons. Did Green Bay shoot themselves in the foot by beating the Lions the last game? I don't know. The Giants are playing very good football right now. Very good. My question...who ya got? I think it'll be a very close game. The Giants will have over a 100 yards rushing while the Packers have less than 75 total rushing yards. The key to victory will be pass protection. I think Clifton will have an excellent game and Rodgers only gets sacked once. Woodson has an INT and Peprah has an INT.
I'll take Packers 28 Giants 24

Did the Packers shoot themselves in the foot by beating the Lions....NO! You play to win, regardless!

I didn't want to see the Giants or the Lions in Green Bay. I would have felt better playing against Atlanta, but it is what it is.

Now that we know it's the Giants, this Packer defense HAS to step up. They have been the achilles heal all year. In order to beat the Giants, the Packers defense has to stop the run and put pressure....CONSISTENT PRESSURE on Manning or he's is going to have a field day. Now that the Defense is rested, I think they can stop the run. Pressure has been the issue all year and I don't see them all of a sudden coming out of their shell. This has the makings of a shoot out...if the Packers can get a couple turnovers and turn them into points, they have a chance.

The other concern that I just thought of is the Packers O-line against all those beasts on the D-line. My main concern is Clifton and if he can get his sea legs back. He is the wiley veteran and should be up to speed and ready. But if he starts to slip out there, it could be a long day.

Packers4Glory
01-08-2012, 05:12 PM
If we're scared to play anybody then we shouldn't be champions........the focus starts now!
well if i were playing I'd say no..however as a fan who has to watch...yes I'll be scared. Its the playoffs. 1 and done. so that in itself is stressful to watch haha. The Giants are playing good football and peaking. And not that it really matters but they have come in here and won a playoff game in the recent past so they have that to sort of rally around. If we had last yr's defense I'd not be worried about a single game left really...but as it stands now, the offense can't have an off day. every thing is magnified now.

As a fan, yeah I'm worried.

Lurker64
01-08-2012, 05:27 PM
If the Packers lose next week, it's because of how they play not who they play. If they bring their A game, they should beat everybody in the tournament. If they lose, it's because they didn't bring their A game.

If they lose in the playoffs because they didn't play up to their ability, well... that's what happens sometimes.

easy cheesy
01-08-2012, 05:41 PM
If the Packers lose next week, it's because of how they play not who they play. If they bring their A game, they should beat everybody in the tournament. If they lose, it's because they didn't bring their A game.

If they lose in the playoffs because they didn't play up to their ability, well... that's what happens sometimes.

Well said and there it is folks!

King Friday
01-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Not scared of the Giants in Lambeau. At their place, they are a little more scary because their crowd makes it difficult on the OL to keep their pass rush at bay. In Lambeau, I'm not too worried.

sheepshead
01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
I was having this conversation today with my son. I am concerned about our defense naturally. It's not 1996 or 2010. But hell, if I cant get excited and totally confident about a 15-1 Packer team, I never will. Go Pack!

Pugger
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
The Giants strong suit is their pass rush. We'll be getting Cliffy and Bulaga back so hopefully these two gentlemen can keep the Gmen out of Rodgers face. If we do this and not turn the ball over we'll win.

Freak Out
01-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Nope. This Packer team is determined.

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 06:48 PM
If the Packers lose next week, it's because of how they play not who they play

Well said and there it is folks!

I love it when succint words suffice.

Upnorth
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Would I rathed see detroit, atlanta or sf, yes. Does it matter in the end, no. We should win, were are healthier and the giants won't suprise us this time like last time.

digitaldean
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
I am concerned because that this team is on a roll and nearly beat us. With this being at home, barring us shooting ourselves in the foot, we'll win by 7.

Giants D-line played very well today. But the Falcons line got no surge at all on the 2 fourth downs. Exactly like the 4th down call they blew vs. NO in reg. season.

We will have our full complement of WRs back also. That should pose a problem for the Giants.

pbmax
01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
No.

Cheesehead Craig
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Concerned, why? Are they going to rape our sheep and kill our women?

TravisWilliams23
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Packers are #1 at 15-1, at Lambeau, rested key starter for 3 weeks now and already beat this team at their house. I just read an article at JS online about McCarthy's ability to motivate the players and how the team has responded. Sure the Giants came here in 2007 and won but that was then and this is now. Rodgers won't have that "I don't want to be here" look our prior QB had in that game. Sunday can't get here fast enough.

pbmax
01-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Did the Packers shoot themselves in the foot by beating the Lions....NO! You play to win, regardless!

I didn't want to see the Giants or the Lions in Green Bay. I would have felt better playing against Atlanta, but it is what it is.

Now that we know it's the Giants, this Packer defense HAS to step up. They have been the achilles heal all year. In order to beat the Giants, the Packers defense has to stop the run and put pressure....CONSISTENT PRESSURE on Manning or he's is going to have a field day. Now that the Defense is rested, I think they can stop the run. Pressure has been the issue all year and I don't see them all of a sudden coming out of their shell. This has the makings of a shoot out...if the Packers can get a couple turnovers and turn them into points, they have a chance.

The other concern that I just thought of is the Packers O-line against all those beasts on the D-line. My main concern is Clifton and if he can get his sea legs back. He is the wiley veteran and should be up to speed and ready. But if he starts to slip out there, it could be a long day.

Reading this you would almost think the Packers did not win in New York five weeks ago without Clifton, Sitton, Hawk, and Bishop

gbgary
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
it's lose and you're out, so yes i'm concerned...but only for that reason. if the Packers are the best team they'll have to prove it...and that's fine. should be a good game. GO PACK!

easy cheesy
01-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Concerned, why? Are they going to rape our sheep and kill our women?

You left out "pillage our village"... lol

King Friday
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm just glad we aren't playing Tebow...we'd be screwed.

mmmdk
01-08-2012, 10:26 PM
We'll all be wishing it were Lions at Lambeau...soon! :shock: :lol:

Joemailman
01-08-2012, 10:29 PM
I'm just glad we aren't playing Tebow...we'd be screwed.

You predicting we'll lose the Super Bowl?

gbgary
01-08-2012, 10:44 PM
You predicting we'll lose the Super Bowl?

only to den.

Tarlam!
01-08-2012, 11:11 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825d198a/article/giants-lose-cb-ross-rb-ware-to-concussions-vs-falcons?module=HP11_headline_stack

Giants lose CB Ross, RB Ware to concussions vs. Falcons

Pugger
01-09-2012, 12:01 AM
You guys think Tebow and company is gonna win in NE? :lol: We all saw what NE did to that team in Denver. The Steelers have been playing like crap for weeks now and they are pretty beat up so maybe nobody should have been surprised to see them falter against the donkeys.

Tony Oday
01-09-2012, 12:29 AM
They are going to crush us. AR wont even throw a td...this the end my friend.

easy cheesy
01-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Steelers lost their asses to Denver. Fuck 'em, good riddance and end of story.

RE: Packers

IMHO...It's ours to win. But, like Lurker said...

http://packerrats.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Lurker64 http://packerrats.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?p=646655#post646655)

So... that being said... I don't think the Giants got nothin' on us!

Packers4Glory
01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul predicts Giants win

"We should (win)," Pierre-Paul said.

"We're sure," he added when asked about how sure. "I'll see you guys later."

Tarlam!
01-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Jason Pierre-Paul predicts Giants win

You wouldn't expect him to say anything else, Glory, would you?

RashanGary
01-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Tuck and Osi are both better than in 2007. Strahan was the savvy vet then. They have two savvy vets now, and super-stars at that.

Pierre-Paul is the young gun. In 07, it was Osi and Tuck.

The Giants have the best pass rush we've seen since the 2007 Giants. They haven't had a healthy DL until just now and now they're ready to tear.

Am I scared of the Giants? If thinking they're as good as the Packers means scared, then yeah, I'm scared. They're a bad ass team.

Packers4Glory
01-09-2012, 08:49 AM
You wouldn't expect him to say anything else, Glory, would you?

I sure would. I'd expect him to not predict anything but a tough game. as a fan, I don't like to see my team have someone come out and predict a win. its disrespectful to the other team and makes you look like a brash attention whore. I think a guy should just say "I predict its going to be a tough battle of two very good teams".

mmmdk
01-09-2012, 09:03 AM
I expect Packers to win the Super Bowl this season! Would I have preferred the Lions on sunday? Sure! But anything less than bringing yet another Lombardi trophy to Green Bay would be a let down. There, said it!

Zool
01-09-2012, 09:08 AM
The terms "scared" and "scary" are thrown around too often anymore. This trend needs to be nipped in the bud.

ND72
01-09-2012, 09:14 AM
So as I watch the Giants, I get ticked off at the teams they play, and I hope McCarthy's brain is working. Yesterday, Falcons ZERO screens, 3 draws. Cowboys game, 2 Screens, 4 draws. With the Giants DL going balls out to get to the QB, I'd run about 5 screens and 10 draws, with probably 10 designed rollout plays just to mess with their heads. Come on Man!

Not scared of Giants, scared of Packers failing.

I kind of like how the national media has already "crowned their ass" in saying the Giants can win this or will win this...Thank you, Mr. Rodgers and company tend to like hearing things like that. And Pierre-Paul quoted as saying "We're going to win becaues we're the best" will help also.

LEWCWA
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
The G men are an inconsistant talented team. There is a reason they were playing wk 17 for the right to be here. GB just needs to keep the pass rush at bay and everything will work out. If you force them to rush more than 4, they have big problems on defense. They have an avg running game and Eli will give the db's some opportunities for int's. The key is giving Rodgers time to throw. They are far to often, self destructive and that should play right into GB's strengths. Remember they are going to feel compelled to keep up with our O.

Tarlam!
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
I sure would. I'd expect him to not predict anything but a tough game.

OK, point taken. When I read it, it didn't seem brash to me.

The terms "scared" and "scary" are thrown around too often anymore. This trend needs to be nipped in the bud.

Haha. Stop making so much bloody sense!

Not scared of Giants, scared of Packers failing.

Excellent statement, but I don't know if you are having scary thoughts or are truly scared! :lol:

There is a reason they were playing wk 17 for the right to be here.

Yes, but a year ago, that team was the Packers and they pipped the #1 seed with an unbelievable performance. In the tournament, the regular season matters nothing. The bye is no guarantee for success. Hostile home field is not a ticket to the big dance.

Smidgeon
01-09-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm worried. Probably not legitimately, but I am concerned that the Packers will have a game where they can't get off the field on third down. This could be it...depending on it being good Eli. If it's bad Eli, the game's in the bag already.

pbmax
01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Tuck and Osi are both better than in 2007. Strahan was the savvy vet then. They have two savvy vets now, and super-stars at that.

The Giants have the best pass rush we've seen since the 2007 Giants. They haven't had a healthy DL until just now and now they're ready to tear.

Am I scared of the Giants? If thinking they're as good as the Packers means scared, then yeah, I'm scared. They're a bad ass team.

38 points versus them on the road. McCarthy has had two weeks to prepare. Umenyiora isn't that good.

Fans need to put on their big boy pants and stop soiling themselves. Be like a Yankees fan; time to be a frontrunner.

pbmax
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
In 2007, the Giants had the 13th ranked defense, also 13th when weighted for recent games.

In 2011, the Giants had the 20th ranked defense, 22nd weighted for recent games.

Rodgers won't be cold like Favre was. Also this Packer offense is better than the 2007 edition.

ND72
01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
In 2007, the Giants had the 13th ranked defense, also 13th when weighted for recent games.

In 2011, the Giants had the 20th ranked defense, 22nd weighted for recent games.

Rodgers won't be cold like Favre was. Also this Packer offense is better than the 2007 edition.

Justin Tuck said that the Giants are "better" than they were in 2007, and "I guess Green Bay probably is as well"

sheepshead
01-09-2012, 11:00 AM
I was wasn't scared of the Chiefs.

pbmax
01-09-2012, 11:04 AM
I was wasn't scared of the Chiefs.

Just shows you weren't paying attention. The Chiefs defense is better than the Giants. :lol:

pbmax
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Justin Tuck said that the Giants are "better" than they were in 2007, and "I guess Green Bay probably is as well"

Maybe on offense. Plax and Armani have been replaced by Nicks, Cruz and Manningham. TE maybe a wash. Bradshaw better, Jacobs is worse. Eli is better if still not consistent.

denverYooper
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Just shows you weren't paying attention. The Chiefs defense is better than the Giants. :lol:

This. Chiefs may have floundered on O for much of the year but they had a very good D for the most part and Green Bay may or may not have been sleepwalking there.

They have a better secondary to go with their pass rush. Pass rush alone is not what gets to Green Bay's O. A team has to have consistently good coverage on the back end AND Green Bay has to be off a bit.

KYPack
01-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I'm worried out of my mind.

But the Giants are shooting their mouth off already.

This from PFT...

“We’re going to win,” Jason Pierre-Paul said. “One hundred percent we’re going to win (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_make_lambeau_leap_mtDbuKayXme6sNfvoMA7hN/0) . . . because we’re the best.”
It’s not surprising that the Giants’ defense is feeling confident (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/giants-defense-heading-to-green-bay-feeling-confident/) given the way it has played the last three weeks, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin wasn’t quite as brash in his own thoughts on the Packers game.
“If we can continue to play defense like that, we can make ourselves heard in this tournament,” Coughlin said.
Pierre-Paul’s comments will surely be heard in Green Bay.

That's good. It'll help fire the boys up, as if they need it.

denverYooper
01-09-2012, 11:54 AM
Jeez.

PGcharlesdavis (https://twitter.com/#!/PGcharlesdavis/status/156424006092853251)

Oshkosh police looking for Michael Philbin, 21, of Ripon who last heard from Sun. He's the son of #Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin

Upnorth
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Their d does not scare me, last time we had oline injuries, now were healthy. One the d's side we have a full lb compliment. Eli can be pushed to pressing, we get two picls its in the bag.

MJZiggy
01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I'm worried out of my mind.

But the Giants are shooting their mouth off already.

This from PFT...

“We’re going to win,” Jason Pierre-Paul said. “One hundred percent we’re going to win (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_make_lambeau_leap_mtDbuKayXme6sNfvoMA7hN/0) . . . because we’re the best.”
It’s not surprising that the Giants’ defense is feeling confident (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/giants-defense-heading-to-green-bay-feeling-confident/) given the way it has played the last three weeks, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin wasn’t quite as brash in his own thoughts on the Packers game.
“If we can continue to play defense like that, we can make ourselves heard in this tournament,” Coughlin said.
Pierre-Paul’s comments will surely be heard in Green Bay.

That's good. It'll help fire the boys up, as if they need it.

Folks should be tweeting this until the guys are soooo sick to death of hearing about it...

Freak Out
01-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I hate it being the late game.....for some reason that bothers me more than anything.

mmmdk
01-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I hate it being the late game.....for some reason that bothers me more than anything.

Okay...but why?

pittstang5
01-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Okay...but why?

Probably because you have to wait all weekend. That's why I hate the late games. But, I look at it this way, if they lose (Which I really think they will), at least it doesn't ruin your whole weekend.

MJZiggy
01-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Probably because you have to wait all weekend. That's why I hate the late games. But, I look at it this way, if they lose (Which I really think they will), at least it doesn't ruin your whole weekend.

No, but Monday is just shit.

MadtownPacker
01-09-2012, 09:16 PM
When I realized NY was gonna keep beating down ATL Sunday I had some concern knowing they would come to GB. After a days to think about it I believe the Pack will win running away because of the byeweek that was much needed.

Tarlam!
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
When I realized NY was gonna keep beating down ATL Sunday I had some concern knowing they would come to GB. After a days to think about it I believe the Pack will win running away because of the byeweek that was much needed.

Yeah, like Atlanta didn't run away from the hunting Pack last year?

I believe it will be a game won by the team that has the stronger will; M3 has stated the focus is on instilling the hunter attitude rather than that of being the hunted. NYG are already on the hunt and they most certainly aren't going to Lambeau spooked because of the 15-1 record.

I hope the Giants get the ball first and get a taste of the crowd. A false start or two on their first drive together with their first offensive series stopped without points due to an intimidating, physical defense flying around the ball followed by a TD drive by Rodgers and the Gang of Five and the Packers are on their way.

Freak Out
01-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Just a couple of bad memories from some afternoon games at lambeau....one against the Giants.

Tarlam!
01-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Just a couple of bad memories from some afternoon games at lambeau....one against the Giants.

My sole visit to the hallowed shrine was a loss against the Bears in an afternoon game. :(

Lurker64
01-10-2012, 12:33 AM

Worth pointing out is that the Packers OL is significantly better than it was in 2007. In fact, with everyone at 100%, Green Bay is likely trotting out the single best pass-blocking OL from left to right in the entire NFL. If there's anybody who can get those guys blocked, it's Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, and Bulaga. Three of those guys are playing at an extremely high level this season, and the other two (Sitton and Clifton) are really good players.

Of course, a lot of that hinges on Clifton playing like he can, since he's capable of single-handedly neutralizing any pass rusher in the game (except maybe Ware, who's better than everybody).

Pugger
01-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Worth pointing out is that the Packers OL is significantly better than it was in 2007. In fact, with everyone at 100%, Green Bay is likely trotting out the single best pass-blocking OL from left to right in the entire NFL. If there's anybody who can get those guys blocked, it's Clifton, Lang, Wells, Sitton, and Bulaga. Three of those guys are playing at an extremely high level this season, and the other two (Sitton and Clifton) are really good players.

Of course, a lot of that hinges on Clifton playing like he can, since he's capable of single-handedly neutralizing any pass rusher in the game (except maybe Ware, who's better than everybody).

It is rather curious that the pundits on the idiot box never mention our O line is finally coming together when they talk about this game. All they do is wax poetic about the Gmens' defensive line.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 01:09 AM
at least it isn't a f'n night game. can't think of anything dumber than scheduling a night game in dec or jan in Green Bay (well...i can think of a lot of dumber things but give me this one). from checking the interwebs it looks like it's going to be in the mid 20s game day. hope it's not too windy.

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 02:30 AM
It is rather curious that the pundits on the idiot box never mention our O line is finally coming together when they talk about this game. All they do is wax poetic about the Gmens' defensive line.

NFL. com is running a vote for the best OL competition. The Packers' OL is nominated. Go vote!

Fritz
01-10-2012, 07:01 AM
I know it's not exactly football-related, but how difficult will it be to focus on a game when your OC's 21 year old son has been found dead?

I know these guys are professionals, but they're also human.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 09:03 AM
I know it's not exactly football-related, but how difficult will it be to focus on a game when your OC's 21 year old son has been found dead?

i'll bet he won't even be there.

Upnorth
01-10-2012, 09:09 AM

I hope he is healty enough to help win the next three games.

Smeefers
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Not scared of the Giants. We should stomp them. I'm not saying the giants are a bad team, we're just that much better. Go Pack!

pbmax
01-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Not scared of the Giants. We should stomp them. I'm not saying the giants are a bad team, we're just that much better. Go Pack!

What he said. And you should always listen to a man named smeefers.

gbgary
01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
you should always listen to a man named smeefers.

legendary name! you'll find that name on the declaration of independence.

Pugger
01-10-2012, 10:27 AM

I wonder if they'll use this tragedy as a rallying point? Win one for the Philbins? Sometimes these things can bring a team closer together.

Smeefers
01-10-2012, 10:44 AM
legendary name! you'll find that name on the declaration of independence.

I come from a long line of smeefers. There's grandpa smeefers whom I'm sure you've all heard of, so I won't even get into that here, but then there's great pa smeefers who single handidly built the space needle and the great pyramids. He's the one everyone always overlooked.

JohnMexico
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I remember signing this teams death certificate before our first game in the "Gants" thread and apparently they have heard me.

I can easily see us runnin them over but then again the Giants are a gamblers nightmare. We have faced some good pass rushes since 2009 and our line is as good as ever. I fear for our sorry ass secondary, and Victor Cruz. This can possibly get really ugly.

However, I believe that the Falcons just suck, too. Bunch of fucking crybabies they are.

ND72
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I wonder if they'll use this tragedy as a rallying point? Win one for the Philbins? Sometimes these things can bring a team closer together.

agreed. I've read a couple tweets from national media guys this morning discussing the fact of how close the Packer player really are, and how close and fun of a locker room Green Bay has. This might be a great rally point for them. Very emotionally driven game we could have.

Upnorth
01-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I wonder if the KC game knocked some sense into them after all the 19-0 talk that was going on. I hope so as our backups beat the lions.

MJZiggy
01-10-2012, 06:23 PM

The tweet chatter is already starting. They will come together. And Philbin is on a leave of absence.

Joemailman
01-10-2012, 07:13 PM
@GregJennings
Greg Jennings
I pray that Michael Philibin rest in peace & watch over us Sunday.Pack fans let's be louder than life Sun & make it special for coach Phil!

Freak Out
01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
I predict pain.

MadtownPacker
01-10-2012, 07:46 PM
@GregJennings
Greg Jennings
I pray that Michael Philibin rest in peace & watch over us Sunday.Pack fans let's be louder than life Sun & make it special for coach Phil!
No way they are losing Sunday.

mraynrand
01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
I predict pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJnKm6ftPu0

MadtownPacker
01-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Man youre good. :lol:

Joemailman
01-10-2012, 07:59 PM
No way they are losing Sunday.

Yeah, if they needed a rallying cry, they've got it. That will be a very emotional team on Sunday.

mission
01-10-2012, 08:32 PM
I was really worried about this game but after all the talking that's going on in NY ... no way, I think we woop they'ass.

Tarlam!
01-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I just want the game to begin. The suspense is unbearable.

smuggler
01-11-2012, 01:45 AM
They are going to play us tough. Atlanta would have been a significantly better draw, but we stand a pretty darn good chance, either way, so let's just get it done and worry about the 'what-ifs' later.

bobblehead
01-11-2012, 05:59 AM
Pretty much all 3 teams in the afc that are left run the ball more effectively than us so I am scared to death. BUT....only we have Aaron Rodgers.

Upnorth
01-11-2012, 06:51 AM
Pretty much all 3 teams in the afc that are left run the ball more effectively than us so I am scared to death. BUT....only we have Aaron Rodgers.

I have a suggestion for fixing the run game. Fire slocum!

gbgary
01-11-2012, 06:58 AM
maybe he'll go to oak with the others.

Bossman641
01-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Anybody else feel like Packers are getting ZERO love? It's probably just ESPN, but all they want to talk about is how the Giants pass rush will be all over Rodgers, Bradshaw and Jacobs will run the ball down the defense's throat. Talking about all these Giants players that missed the last game and how much of a difference they will make. We were missing some pretty important guys too.

WTF, I swear we are the most disrespected 15-1 team ever.

Pugger
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Anybody else feel like Packers are getting ZERO love? It's probably just ESPN, but all they want to talk about is how the Giants pass rush will be all over Rodgers, Bradshaw and Jacobs will run the ball down the defense's throat. Talking about all these Giants players that missed the last game and how much of a difference they will make. We were missing some pretty important guys too.

You got that right. I was listening to the NFL on Sirius last night and they are crowing about the Giants' D line and acting like our O line was made up of a bunch of stiffs brought in off the street last week and will blow up the line and sack Rodgers all game long. :roll:

pbmax
01-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Gmen's D line resurgence in a much easier story line (also plays in NY which doesn't hurt) than noting the improvement in the Packers O line play (far more subtle) and their return to health.

Smidgeon
01-11-2012, 10:45 AM
This has been the year of being overlooked. But don't worry. The team won't be overlooked anymore once it three-peats.

Freak Out
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
I go to SI to see what stories they are carrying links for......all Giants and Philbin.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/green-bay-packers/

and one Saints story about working out in the cold. :)

gbgary
01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
This has been the year of being overlooked. But don't worry. The team won't be overlooked anymore once it three-peats.

AGAIN...YEAH BABY!!

jdrats
01-11-2012, 12:43 PM

Yep, the Packers have been given zero love all year long. And when all the early season coversations were about how great the Eagles would be and the new NFC powers the Redskins and Lions, the Packers just rode it out to a 15-1 season. It's been a fun ride.

The playoff ride is going to be a lot of fun too!

I expect to see the Packers D looking to prove themselves. If the Packers receivers (all of them: WRs, TEs & RBs) don't drop a pass, this next game might be a blowout.

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 01:11 PM
I think you're exaggerating a bit, JD. At the beginning of the season, it was all Packers love. There was a lull until Thanksgiving and then the focus on the perfect season was enormous.
Right now, the pundits are taking the safe road. They are talking up the underdog. If they win, they can claim they knew it all along. If the Packers win, they can fall back and say the Giants played crap or, the defending champions did it again!

I like the fact that the press focus on the NYG. The pressure is on them, the proverbial chip is on the Packers' shoulders. I also like the fact that the team isn't giving them any fodder.

All is good, except the friggin' wait!!! :wait:

MadScientist
01-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Just remember, when hunting Giants, it's best to have a guy who can sling the rock.

gbgary
01-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Just remember, when hunting Giants, it's best to have a guy who can sling the rock.

not bad. :)

jdrats
01-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I think you're exaggerating a bit, JD. At the beginning of the season, it was all Packers love. There was a lull until Thanksgiving and then the focus on the perfect season was enormous.
Right now, the pundits are taking the safe road. They are talking up the underdog. If they win, they can claim they knew it all along. If the Packers win, they can fall back and say the Giants played crap or, the defending champions did it again!

I like the fact that the press focus on the NYG. The pressure is on them, the proverbial chip is on the Packers' shoulders. I also like the fact that the team isn't giving them any fodder.

All is good, except the friggin' wait!!! :wait:

Well, I may be exaggerating a bit, but it really has seemed like the Packers have been an after thought all season. The loudest pre-season love was for the self proclaimed "dream team" that was the Eagles. Week 1 we beat one of the best teams in the NFL with a final seconds goal line stand, and the conversation quickly morphed to "Why didn't the Saints put the ball in Brees hands?"

Then, week 1 games hit and Cam's incredible debut dominates the conversation. By week 2, all the pundits are already talking about the "unexpected" 2-0 or 0-2 teams.

The rest of the season just seemed to follow along those lines to me, with just a kind of, "Oh, and the Packers won again."

The undefeated season talk was just starting to amp up around Thanksgiving, along with the hype of "Are the Lions better than the Packers," but the Packers victory was over shadowed by all the ensuing discussion about what idiots Suh and the Lions are. Tebow mania took hold around this time as well.

Then, just as the "undefeated season" talk was getting heavy, well, you know, short-handed disaster in KC, and the Packers were suddenly somewhere behind 49ers and Saints as the trendy picks to win the NFCCG.

Anyway, I remember Packers players also commenting on the fact that 6 or 8 games in their undefeated season wasn't getting much mention and they were fine with it, as was I. I'd much rather have them flying under the radar than having to endure endless hype.

mmmdk
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM

That's so Tebow...:lol:

Fosco33
01-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Encouraged to hear from M3 today that Wed practice was one of the best this year - crisp, flawless execution, etc.

Guys are playing for someone else - external motivation can be a very powerful component in a playoff run.

This team needs to get hot - be cocky - and turn on their defense as needed.

Feeling good about Sunday already.

Freak Out
01-11-2012, 06:38 PM
So am I...there is just a certain confidence with this group....even with the offensive defensive performances they've had. :) The Giants are hot....but the Packers are smokin hot.

bobblehead
01-11-2012, 07:57 PM

We bleed yards, and don't rush the passer very well...or play the run....or run the ball.....but we have aaron rodgers so I think we have a shot.

Smidgeon
01-11-2012, 08:00 PM
We bleed yards, and don't rush the passer very well...or play the run....or run the ball.....but we have aaron rodgers so I think we have a shot.

"So you're sayin' there's a chance."

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 09:00 PM
"So you're sayin' there's a chance."

Nice. :lol:

Bretsky
01-11-2012, 09:06 PM
Tell you one thing....I had to struggle on many of the gameday threads to find ways to predict GB to lose
This one would be easy
On paper this one could go either way and it's quite easy to analyze this matchup and find solid logic on why GB bites the dust Sunday

Iron Mike
01-11-2012, 09:30 PM
I just want the game to begin. The suspense is unbearable.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/willy-wonka-wilder.jpg

I hope it lasts....

RashanGary
01-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Extremely scary game. Those are the best 3 pass rushers you'll find on any team. They can drop 8 into coverage, keep a spy on AR and STILL get pressure with only 3.

I think the Packers lose.

Bretsky
01-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Extremely scary game. Those are the best 3 pass rushers you'll find on any team. They can drop 8 into coverage, keep a spy on AR and STILL get pressure with only 3.

I have a bad feeling as well

Now as all we need is Patler to come in here and make that prediction (as he did in 2009) and then the the Ship will start sinking

GrnBay007
01-12-2012, 11:19 PM
I have a bad feeling as well

Negative Nancy!!

Packers win 31-27 :)

Smeefers
01-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Well, I read an article on ESPN you guys might like by kevin Siefert. In a summary, he mentions how people (Herm Edwards) called the giants the hot team, because they've won 3 out of the last 4 games and eli hasn't thrown an interception in the last 3 games. Well, the packers are on a 21-22 run, where we played the giants twice and beat them by a combined 84 points. Eli has the most interceptions of any qb since he came into the league with 129 and the packers lead the league with 31 interceptions. Vegas has us winning by 9 and they don't like loosing cash. Once again, we should stomp them.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/37466/giants-packers-talk-is-cheap

Tarlam!
01-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Once again, we should stomp them.

The talking heads are pretty much focussed on the respective defenses. The common thinking is Eli will fillet the Packers' secondary, because their running game will click and play action will allow Eli the luxery of time in the pocket. Conversely, they are suggesting the Giants' front 4 will overpower the Packers' OL and make life uncomfortable for Rodgers.

I've seen quite a few opinions predict a win by the Giants. The talking heads I tend to pay most attention to are the bookmkers. My last information is Packers by a TD. That's encouraging.

swede
01-13-2012, 07:40 AM
I've seen quite a few opinions predict a win by the Giants.

And we both know those guys are setting themselves up to look smart in case of an upset. They have a feeling about the Giants, their running game, and their defense. To the Packers of 2011-12, defensive football is classic rope-a-dope; the Giants are going to feel great about themselves as they move that fricking ball right down Green Bay's throat between the 20's. But in the red zone they will have one or two more fails than we will.

The talking heads I tend to pay most attention to are the bookmakers. My last information is Packers by a TD. That's encouraging.

I'm buying that, but try to tell Bretsky.

denverYooper
01-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Well, I read an article on ESPN you guys might like by kevin Siefert. In a summary, he mentions how people (Herm Edwards) called the giants the hot team, because they've won 3 out of the last 4 games and eli hasn't thrown an interception in the last 3 games. Well, the packers are on a 21-22 run, where we played the giants twice and beat them by a combined 84 points. Eli has the most interceptions of any qb since he came into the league with 129 and the packers lead the league with 31 interceptions. Vegas has us winning by 9 and they don't like loosing cash. Once again, we should stomp them.

I saw that, too. Apparently, he'd been getting a lot of worried emails/tweets.

denverYooper
01-13-2012, 07:50 AM

Here's the funny thing: Denver actually can get pressure with 3, like they did last week against Pittsburgh. They won't do it against the Pats line, though, and the Giants won't get pressure with 3 on the Pack's line.

Denver's defensive line is arguably better than New York's, and Green Bay's OL might be better man for man than New England's, yet you don't hear this narrative being pushed about how that group is going to intimidate the Pats all day long.

ThunderDan
01-13-2012, 08:03 AM
The talking heads are pretty much focussed on the respective defenses. The common thinking is Eli will fillet the Packers' secondary, because their running game will click and play action will allow Eli the luxery of time in the pocket. Conversely, they are suggesting the Giants' front 4 will overpower the Packers' OL and make life uncomfortable for Rodgers.

I've seen quite a few opinions predict a win by the Giants. The talking heads I tend to pay most attention to are the bookmkers. My last information is Packers by a TD. That's encouraging.

Eli is not that good. Plan and simple.

If it wasn't for a miracle catch on top of helmet, Eli might have had one of the worst Super Bowl QB performances ever (it would have been close to Big Ben's numbers).

Eli had his best stats year because he threw it 589 times. He did have his best 2nd best QB rating at 92.9 for his career. He had 7 games this year where he didn't complete 60% of his passes. Week 15 & 16 of this season his QB rating wasn't above 62.

As I've said before Eli can have a hot streak but just as easily he could be 18/31 for 210, 1TD and 3 INTs.

denverYooper
01-13-2012, 08:06 AM
And we both know those guys are setting themselves up to look smart in case of an upset. They have a feeling about the Giants, their running game, and their defense. To the Packers of 2011-12, defensive football is classic rope-a-dope; the Giants are going to feel great about themselves as they move that fricking ball right down Green Bay's throat between the 20's. But in the red zone they will have one or two more fails than we will.

I'm buying that, but try to tell Bretsky.

Bold is the keys to the car for this team: If they don't take the ball away, they will make you trade a couple of TDs for FGs.

Pugger
01-13-2012, 08:21 AM
This is getting rather ridiculous. The goofballs on BSPN and the NFL Network all talk like our O line is made up of a bunch of scrubs from off the street. The line only had problems when hit with multiple injuries, especially in KC. You don't get a 15-1 record with a make-shift O line and a defense that yields more yards than anybody else. A 12 year vet like Cliffy will toss off the rust, Bulaga is back and Sitton is looking like his old self. Rodgers must be licking his chops when you look at NY's secondary.

Upnorth
01-13-2012, 08:44 AM
If we get beat it won't be our olines fault. It will be drops.

We won't get beat! 40-24, eli throws two picks one for 6 and we dominate the first three quarters. The line is 7 and MM has the best record beating the spread of any coach. Why is that? Awesome O and a D that makes you pay for the smallest mistakes.

denverYooper
01-13-2012, 09:46 AM
If we get beat it won't be our olines fault. It will be drops.

We won't get beat! 40-24, eli throws two picks one for 6 and we dominate the first three quarters. The line is 7 and MM has the best record beating the spread of any coach. Why is that? Awesome O and a D that makes you pay for the smallest mistakes.

I'm with this. The Packers will straight up murder the Giants.

RashanGary
01-13-2012, 10:07 AM

If this were a game of offense and defense alone, I do think the Giants are better (in this matchup.)

I can definitely see the counter point too. I think we're the least penalized team in the league. We have stellar ST's. We're the top turnover team, I think, or darn close. . . . . .

The Packers remind me a lot of the Patriot teams that won 3 SB's in the early 00's. Everybody thought they could go in and beat them. But the. y played that mistake free, mature, smart game while still playing with some nasty. The Packers trump this team by a lot in discipline and under-the-radar type qualities.

The Giants are good though. They got their big three superstar lineman healthy at the right time. 3 stud pass rushers is just plain scary. I've never seen Brady so flustered as he was in 07. AR is going to need a calm game to win this one. There is going to be some adversity.

Oh, and I'm back to work Monday. Woo Hoo :)

smuggler
01-13-2012, 11:55 AM
Greeeeeeen Bay 48
Biiiiig Blue 34

gbgary
01-13-2012, 12:16 PM
getting pumped up!

jdrats
01-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Here's the funny thing: Denver actually can get pressure with 3, like they did last week against Pittsburgh. They won't do it against the Pats line, though, and the Giants won't get pressure with 3 on the Pack's line.

Denver's defensive line is arguably better than New York's, and Green Bay's OL might be better man for man than New England's, yet you don't hear this narrative being pushed about how that group is going to intimidate the Pats all day long.

I'm very happy to have Clifton back for the playoffs. I saw a stat somewhere this week that this configuration of the OL had only given up a sack once every 24 or so pass plays. All other configurations this year had given up a sack something like once every 14 dropbacks. I think the oline will way out perform pundit expectations or hype.

Tarlam!
01-13-2012, 12:51 PM
:wait:

Bossman641
01-13-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm very happy to have Clifton back for the playoffs. I saw a stat somewhere this week that this configuration of the OL had only given up a sack once every 24 or so pass plays. All other configurations this year had given up a sack something like once every 14 dropbacks. I think the oline will way out perform pundit expectations or hype.

Saw the same thing, though the sample size was pretty small. I believe these 5 OL have only played like ~140 snaps together all year. Hopefully, communication between Lang and Clifton is smooth.

Fritz
01-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I wonder how Cliffy and Bulaga will fare after being out.

Pugger
01-13-2012, 02:41 PM
Bulaga hasn't been out that long and Cliffy's been around the block a few times. I'm only slightly worried.

Fritz
01-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Bulaga hasn't been out that long and Cliffy's been around the block a few times. I'm only slightly worried.

I did not know my ex-girlfriend was nicknamed "Cliffy."

PA Pack Fan
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM
:wait:

indeed! I've never been in such a hurry to get the weekend over.

Brando19
01-13-2012, 05:18 PM
indeed! I've never been in such a hurry to get the weekend over.

I agree, but I told that to a friend of mine earlier today and he said I should enjoy this moment because when the weekend's over...I may be looking forward to the draft.

Tarlam!
01-13-2012, 09:00 PM
I agree, but I told that to a friend of mine earlier today and he said I should enjoy this moment because when the weekend's over...I may be looking forward to the draft.

I hope you head-slapped him!

Brando19
01-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Hahaha....i'll save that for monday!