PDA

View Full Version : Pickett article

George Cumby
01-11-2012, 08:37 AM
Kind of fluffy, but fun to read about the big guy and his herd of cute kids.

He and his wife built 50 water towers in Uganda. Makes me Fuckin' A proud to be a Packers fan.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/137069618.html

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Makes me Fuckin' A proud to be a Packers fan.

Sure, me too. But these acts of good aren't restricted to Packers players. Most of the NFL stars to good.

HarveyWallbangers
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I can't read the article because JSO is now charging to read their articles. You get 20 free articles/month. If you want to read more, you have to pay $5/month.

swede
01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
I can't read the article because JSO is now charging to read their articles. You get 20 free articles/month. If you want to read more, you have to pay $5/month.
I switched to GBP-G. We'll see how the new business model works for JSO.

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM

Sick isn't it. I think the ol' GC will be getting more visits! http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif

HowardRoark
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
I switched to GBP-G. We'll see how the new business model works for JSO.

Aaron Nagler (@Aaron_Nagler)
1/11/12 11:34 AM
On the heels of the (messy) Milwaukee Journal Sentinel digital makeover comes Gannett soon putting the GB Press Gazette behind a paywall.

Cleft Crusty
01-11-2012, 01:09 PM

How else do you expect them to be able to pay me $1.57/hour +tips?

Patler
01-11-2012, 01:21 PM
Most newspapers will have to do the same thing. Subscriptions are dropping rapidly, causing advertising revenue to do the same. It's their last gasp at survival. To be honest, I don't have a problem with it, if their rates are reasonable. I willingly subscribed to both the Journal and the Sentinel for years, then to the combined Journal/Sentinel. I only stopped when they dropped delivery in my area. Same with the GBPG, when they used to have a special football season subscription package.

The MJS is just $.99/week for complete access to their entire electronic content. They say it will be an electronic duplicate of their hardcopy paper, complete with all ads, all stories, etc. It includes Packer Insider. If the GBPG has a similar rate, I may subscribe to both. I'll just buy one less cup of coffee each week.

channtheman
01-11-2012, 01:27 PM
He has played in 161 of a possible 175 regular-season games during his career, missing just nine contests due to injury.
"Man, I don't know what it is. Well, I know, it's God," Pickett said. "I just feel blessed to be able to play this long, really. The thing is, I feel great. It's weird.

Aw shit.

sheepshead
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM
He's a fortunate man.

pbmax
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Aaron Nagler (@Aaron_Nagler)
1/11/12 11:34 AM
On the heels of the (messy) Milwaukee Journal Sentinel digital makeover comes Gannett soon putting the GB Press Gazette behind a paywall.

Looks like I am going to have to order the Sunday paper again. I wonder if I could print out the coupons from the electronic version?

pbmax
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Most newspapers will have to do the same thing. Subscriptions are dropping rapidly, causing advertising revenue to do the same. It's their last gasp at survival. To be honest, I don't have a problem with it, if their rates are reasonable. I willingly subscribed to both the Journal and the Sentinel for years, then to the combined Journal/Sentinel. I only stopped when they dropped delivery in my area. Same with the GBPG, when they used to have a special football season subscription package.

The MJS is just $.99/week for complete access to their entire electronic content. They say it will be an electronic duplicate of their hardcopy paper, complete with all ads, all stories, etc. It includes Packer Insider. If the GBPG has a similar rate, I may subscribe to both. I'll just buy one less cup of coffee each week.

I have to have coffee with the paper to read Vandermause. The other big hit to newspaper revenue streams which has no replacement in the pipeline was income from classified ads. I blame Craig's List for Packer Insider.

pbmax
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
It has been funny reading the JSO Twitter accounts from writers. They have all been on customer service duty for the last week. It seems the transition from Packers Insider login to JS Everywhere login was not smooth.

mraynrand
01-11-2012, 03:18 PM
It has been funny reading the JSO Twitter accounts from writers. They have all been on customer service duty for the last week. It seems the transition from Packers Insider login to JS Everywhere login was not smooth.

it's a total bitch. I eventually just stopped trying after filling out forms and then getting screens cleared and/or redirected to something else. I have to decide if I want the entire paper for about 10 more bucks than the insider, and re-register clean. I don't like the $5 charge every month.

It's the logical thing to do, but the same morons who managed the old JS forums must be handling this transition as well.

pbmax
01-11-2012, 03:32 PM
it's a total bitch. I eventually just stopped trying after filling out forms and then getting screens cleared and/or redirected to something else. I have to decide if I want the entire paper for about 10 more bucks than the insider, and re-register clean. I don't like the $5 charge every month.

It's the logical thing to do, but the same morons who managed the old JS forums must be handling this transition as well.

:lol:

That would explain a lot. One suggestion I saw on Twitter was to use your email address as your last name when logging in. Perhaps that date was not mapped properly.

LP
01-11-2012, 06:52 PM
How else do you expect them to be able to pay me $1.57/hour +tips?

Got a raise I see!

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Got a raise I see!

nice...