PDA

View Full Version : The Romeo Crennel Blueprint

pbmax
01-11-2012, 02:07 PM
This is why they read the NY Post for NY sports. Great read. Crennel on what they did and how the Giants can use it.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/big_blueprint_f5s5UR5xShhyJzNQBxyOaP/2

LP
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
After reading that, you wonder why Green Bay would even bother showing up. The great Romeo has spoken, and now the Packers have no chance whatsoever.

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 06:41 PM
M3 would simply say "It's football. Everybody knows how to win against us."

He'd be right.

Brandon494
01-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Pretty sure we didn't have Greg Jennings against the Chiefs, if he plays I think we would have gone undefeated on the season. We also now are healthy at both tackle spots and we are playing at home.

WE GOOD!

Lurker64
01-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Pretty sure we didn't have Greg Jennings against the Chiefs, if he plays I think we would have gone undefeated on the season. We also now are healthy at both tackle spots and we are playing at home.

WE GOOD!

Players who missed significant portions of the Chiefs game that will play on Sunday include: James Starks, Greg Jennings, Chad Clifton, Bryan Bulaga, Desmond Bishop, Brandon Saine, and Ryan Pickett.

Losing 2/3 of your running backs, your best run-stuffing defensive lineman, your best WR, both of your top tackles, and your best inside linebacker probably hurts your cause. The Chiefs are also a better defensive team than the Giants.

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
It's a bit like the 3rd stinger that came in for Chicago last January, Calep Hainee (sp?). There was no film on him and he was fairly successful. What's happened to him since?

Same with KC when Crennel took over. No film.

Tony Oday
01-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I just see error :(

mraynrand
01-11-2012, 07:34 PM
I hope the Giants get some Crennel advice from his Cleveland days

(Packers should talke to Crennel too - the lowly Brownies beat up on the Giants at the peak of their strength in 2008 I believe)

bobblehead
01-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Yes, if they can whip the shit out of our LT like the chiefs did we are likely in trouble...oh and average like 6 yards a carry. Beating any team is easy if you do that. Now its up to the packers to stop them from doing it.

pbmax
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Yes, if they can whip the shit out of our LT like the chiefs did we are likely in trouble...oh and average like 6 yards a carry. Beating any team is easy if you do that. Now its up to the packers to stop them from doing it.

Its also an insight to the Packers defensive performance this year. Crennel's strategy depends on being close and not needing to throw against a nickel or dime defense. Outside of Atlanta and maybe 2 other games, the Chiefs were the only team to make that strategy stick for the entire game.

Also an indictment of the 4 pass rushers in the base defense.

George Cumby
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
IIRC Packers beat themselves as much as the Chiefs; the complexion of the game would have been changed had the receivers not dropped one or two balls.

But the link was a good read.

King Friday
01-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Too bad the KC secondary >>> the NYG secondary

You have to have strong corners that can stick with their men to do what the Chiefs did. The Giants don't have that.

mraynrand
01-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Jennings was out for the KC game. The Giants will try to take out the Packer receivers, much like they tried - and mostly got away with - with Finley in NY. That's the second key to defeating the Packer offense -pull a Belichick and hope the refs ignore the mugging.

Tarlam!
01-11-2012, 08:59 PM
That's the second key to defeating the Packer offense -pull a Belichick and hope the refs ignore the mugging.

Also effective to the game plan is inducing fantasy offensive pass intereferance penalties. Great way to take Nelson out of the game.

pbmax
01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Also effective to the game plan is inducing fantasy offensive pass intereferance penalties. Great way to take Nelson out of the game.

I still don't know what they were calling there.

denverYooper
01-12-2012, 07:45 AM
I still don't know what they were calling there.

If they call any of those on Jordy this game, they sure as hell better be calling the Finley muggings.

pbmax
01-12-2012, 07:54 AM
If they call any of those on Jordy this game, they sure as hell better be calling the Finley muggings.

The more I think about it, I think that ref also works NBA games for David Stern!

Tarlam!
01-12-2012, 07:55 AM

It's in the NFL's best interest to see NO come to Lambeau, I believe. It's the only way to pit the two most prolific QBs/Ofeenses against one another and will get massive TV ratings. I know New York is one of the largest individual markets, but it aint as big as the rest of the markets combined.

That's why I think the Zebras might have a Green and a Gold eye. Unless they intend to make up for a couple of gifts the last crew gave the Packers.

mmmdk
01-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Giants D will come to play! Packers offense will come to play! The big Q to me is actually: can Packers D stop Giants offense? If Packers D can't stop Eli & co. then I hope Packers O get the ball last.

Smeefers
01-12-2012, 08:21 AM
It's in the NFL's best interest to see NO come to Lambeau, I believe. It's the only way to pit the two most prolific QBs/Ofeenses against one another and will get massive TV ratings. I know New York is one of the largest individual markets, but it aint as big as the rest of the markets combined.

That's why I think the Zebras might have a Green and a Gold eye. Unless they intend to make up for a couple of gifts the last crew gave the Packers.

I actually think the NFL does a pretty good job of having the refs not favor one team or another. Sure, they pick on certain players (Harrison, Suh) but they usually earned a rep for being dirty. I think a perfect example of this is our mighty mighty packers. Last year, we had what, 4,563 penalties in our first Chicago game? As the season progressed and we cleaned up our act, the penalties came less and less. This year we're one of the least penalized teams in the league and it's because of our play, not because they're letting us get away with murder. Every team knows to win, you don't have to just beat your team, you have to beat the refs and you do that by playing tight ball.

Cheesehead Craig
01-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Having Clifton and Bulaga back is huge. If they can stay healthy the pass rush won't be nearly that bad.

I always love these articles, it's the same mantra for any team: rattle the QB with pressure, run the ball on offense, be physical with their receivers

Bossman641
01-12-2012, 10:47 AM
This same blueprint was discussed after the Chiefs loss. All the Packers did after that was put up 35 and 45 points.

Pugger
01-12-2012, 11:05 AM

Hopefully Cliffy will be a lot more polished that Newhouse is.