PDA

View Full Version : take that mike silver...

gbgary
01-12-2012, 01:22 PM
jason whitlock takes a shot...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/hue-jackson-hubris-not-racism-got-him-fired-by-oakland-raiders-011211

whitlock is right a lot more than he's wrong.

ND72
01-12-2012, 02:00 PM
The whole Raider Organization is screwed, and NOW they might just be trying to make amends for the past 10 years of being a joke of an organization. Al Davis, as great as he once was, drove that franchise to the ground, and made a mockery out of the league, and its coaches. Since 1998 they have had 7 head coaches.
Jon Gruden 1998-2001, 38-26 (traded)
Bill Callahan 2002-2003, 15-17
Norv Turner 2004-2005, 9-23
Art Shell 2006, 2-14
Lane Kiffin 2007-2008, 5-15
Tom Cable 2008-2010, 17-27
Hue Jackson 2011, 8-8

How do you expect to run a franchise that way? And then to top it off, his drafting, I mean seriously? They ended up getting some players, but some of their combine gems have just been jokes. I think anyone could have told you how Russell would turn out. The kid didn't wanna play football, you could see that, he just wanted the pay day.

Good for Mark Davis and Reggie McKenzie. Reggie is going to have a rough start given the fact he has no draft picks coming up, but I do wish him well. He was a good man in Green Bay, and I hope he turns that franchise back into what it could have been.

Lurker64
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
The Raiders have been badly in need of a house-cleaning for at least the least 5 years.

Freak Out
01-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Who the hell is Mike Silver?

Freak Out
01-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I just read some of Silvers stuff. He seems like a rumor monger more than anything.

Tarlam!
01-12-2012, 06:19 PM
The Raiders just became my favourite AFC team, behind Buffalo. I really wish Reggie Mckenzie some good breaks early seeing as how Jacksen screwed the pooch.

Tarlam!
01-12-2012, 06:33 PM
jason whitlock takes a shot...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/hue-jackson-hubris-not-racism-got-him-fired-by-oakland-raiders-011211

whitlock is right a lot more than he's wrong.

I loved this part:

Mark Davis doesn’t want to build the New York Jets. He wants turn the Raiders into the Packers. That’s why he hired a former Raiders linebacker who learned the front-office side of football from the Packers to reinvent the Oakland Raiders.

And that’s why Davis allowed McKenzie to fire Hue-bris Jackson.

King Friday
01-12-2012, 07:47 PM
Just having Al six feet under is enough to improve the Raiders. He was a senile old man that was in no condition to make personnel decisions for an NFL team anymore. McKenzie has a lot of work ahead of him. Before he can truly rebuild the roster, he has to rebuild the administration and personnel departments in order to be able to make the informed decisions on how to improve the roster.

Thanks to the desperate grab for Palmer, the Raiders aren't exactly in a strong position to reload short term. This will be at least a 4 year project to ensure the Raiders don't fall off a cliff in the not too distant future.

pbmax
01-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm just going to admit it, being on the same side as Whitlock is making me nervous. Felt better after reading the article. Makes some solid points but did not have a great explanation for the former coaches quoted in the article. Why are they dishing on Mark Davis? Are NFL coaches a bunch of gossipy busybodies?

Smeefers
01-13-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm just going to admit it, being on the same side as Whitlock is making me nervous. Felt better after reading the article. Makes some solid points but did not have a great explanation for the former coaches quoted in the article. Why are they dishing on Mark Davis? Are NFL coaches a bunch of gossipy busybodies?

I'm with you PB. He usually has interesting articles that I don't agree with at all. It's mostly his racism stuff that turns me off (which he seemed to find a way to mention... a lot... even though he said this wasn't the case) but this time around I think he hit the nail on the head.

gbgary
01-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm with you PB. He usually has interesting articles that I don't agree with at all. It's mostly his racism stuff that turns me off (which he seemed to find a way to mention... a lot... even though he said this wasn't the case) but this time around I think he hit the nail on the head.

he'll call out someone black, or take a contrary view that ruffles black feathers, if he feels they're wrong. he did it once on inside the nfl this season. don't remember the topic but james brown wasn't too happy with his take on whatever it was. i like reading him.

KYPack
01-13-2012, 12:32 PM
he'll call out someone black, or take a contrary view that ruffles black feathers, if he feels they're wrong. he did it once on inside the nfl this season. don't remember the topic but james brown wasn't too happy with his take on whatever it was. i like reading him.

Close.

Warren Sapp wanted to rip Whitlock's face off. JW made the statement that Sapp was a problem when he played, hard to coach. That ain't exactly the way it was. Warren Sapp is contentious & shit, but a problem? No.
Sapp actually looked like he wanted to go after Whitlock and gave him a huge ration of shit on the "live on tape" show.
it was cool. Ii give Whitlock a 10 for balls, but a low mark for brains.
I thought Sapp might go off on him, for real.
I loved that show, I kept a recording of it, until my TiVO blew up for the 20th time.

sharpe1027
01-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Close.

Warren Sapp wanted to rip Whitlock's face off. JW made the statement that Sapp was a problem when he played, hard to coach. That ain't exactly the way it was. Warren Sapp is contentious & shit, but a problem? No.
Sapp actually looked like he wanted to go after Whitlock and gave him a huge ration of shit on the "live on tape" show.
I loved that show, I kept a recording of it, until my TiVO blew up for the 20th time.

Haha, it sounds like Sapp almost went Chris Everett on his ass.

gbgary
01-13-2012, 02:21 PM
Close.

don't know that show you're referencing but what i saw was on inside the nfl.