PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for the great year!

Upnorth
01-15-2012, 08:02 PM
I know you had your problems, but I want to thank you for an exciting and fairly sucsessful year. You fell short of the goal, but you entertained me more this year than many other years. Many are angry and bitter but they still love you. Forgive them there angry words.

Please have the wr's work on catching the ball.
Please draft a DL and LB and S.
Please heal mr Collins somehow.

Don't draft on the oline, it is very good to great.
Please keep Finley and Wells.

You guys are great and with less drops and a better secondary, everyone will start talking about a repeat and dynasty soon again.

Thanks for an entertaining 2011 season.
Sincerely a Saskatchewan Packer fan.

ND72
01-15-2012, 09:59 PM
On the bright side, think of how much richer Best Buy will be tomorrow! (WR & TE buy $100 gift card for all WR/TE on a dropped ball). Finley might drop a couple grand tomorrow.

mraynrand
01-15-2012, 10:08 PM
Well, at least now we know what it's like to be the Colts

http://manningface.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1195274832_peyton.jpg

denverYooper
01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Well, at least now we know what it's like to be the Colts

http://manningface.s3.amazonaws.com/images/1195274832_peyton.jpg

Or the Patriots. They've been stymied a lot these last few seasons.

MJZiggy
01-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Or the Patriots. They've been stymied a lot these last few seasons.

Let's hope it happens one more time...

mmmdk
01-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Been a Packers fan since 1989...not sure if this season will crack my top 5 favorite Packers seasons from 1989 til 2011. Top ten though for sure!

Scott Campbell
01-16-2012, 12:21 AM
We contended. That's all I ever ask.

Tarlam!
01-16-2012, 06:21 AM
We contended. That's all I ever ask.

True, but going 15-1 then going one and done at home is sour.

MadtownPacker
01-16-2012, 11:40 AM
A sour bite to end the meal but it was a great regular season.

red
01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
screw this. you're thanking the team

AFTER THAT SHIT YESTERDAY?

all the players, coaches and front office clowns should all be on their knees today begging the fans for forgiveness after the way they showed up and played like they didn't give a shit

Freak Out
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I agree...that was bad customer service yesterday. No tip for the Packers. :)

red
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM
i almost dropped 250 to go to the game

i'd be even more furious today if i paid that much to watch a bunch of "pros" phone it in the way they did

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 11:52 AM
screw this. you're thanking the team

AFTER THAT SHIT YESTERDAY?

all the players, coaches and front office clowns should all be on their knees today begging the fans for forgiveness after the way they showed up and played like they didn't give a shit

If anything, I think they were probably trying too hard. Seemed to be pressing. I sure didn't see any lack of effort out there. Lack of proper execution was all over the place.

Tarlam!
01-16-2012, 12:24 PM
If anything, I think they were probably trying too hard. Seemed to be pressing. I sure didn't see any lack of effort out there. Lack of proper execution was all over the place.

This is an interesting take. It sounds like a parent consoling his/her child. Personally, I think they were outplayed and outcoached.

LEWCWA
01-16-2012, 12:27 PM
This debate really stirs me up, cause I just don't understand why we have to have it. As a young man BF came to GB and showed me GB could have a championship calibur team, something I hadn't personally witnessed. I was always hopeful through the late 70's and 80's, but they were always an afterthought in the NFL. BF and Reggie and others changed that, we had a team that was in position almost every year. Then we went to the after BF era and luckily it really only lasted 1 year. It became quite evident pretty quickly that GB had struck gold again in a young man name Aaron. This is awsome for all of us. The only difference to me is I am older now and understand better that it is just a game. Losing sucks, but the sun did come up today and my life is unchanged. Coaching and watching my daughters play high level softball for the last 6 years or so has really put that into perspective for me. The enjoyment really is in the journey, the ultimate payoff at the end is sweet, but that doesn't last. The days working out, throwing fielding, hitting, etc...is what sticks. Everyday isn't going to be their day, but tomorrow we will be at it again working to improve. If you love the game you love the journey.

I would assume Arod, MM and the rest of GB's team learned alot yesterday. This team will be back better next year, because I believe most of them really enjoy the journey.

sharpe1027
01-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I've been around the block enough times to know that it is better to have a team lose a game the team is expected to lose than to not even get a shot. Keep putting a good product out there and more championships will come.

If it was a best out of three series, I would still bet on the Packers to win the next two games. That's how piss poor I thought they played compared to their ability. Shit happens.