PDA

View Full Version : So what did he say already!

No Mo Moss
08-16-2006, 04:50 PM
People were giving me a freakin heart attack today about Favre''s big press conference and then (of course) the MN sports media jumped all over. So I know he isn't retiring, but what did he say in the press conference?

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
OL needs to, and should, improve. How long it will take is anyone's guess. He stands by the statement that they have talent, but talent will only take you so far. He likes M3 and thinks that they communicate well and are on the same page. He doesn't want to throw too much. He is still getting used to having a picture of what the offensive formations are supposed to look like in his mind so he can change protections, etc. based on what the defense brings to the line. Strong right this year is not the same as strong right last year. He is still glad he came back no matter how much he ended up on his ass on Saturday. The team is very young.

That's the short version. Did I miss anything?

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Brett seems resigned to an 0-16 season.

But, he said, he stands fully by his decision to be here this season.

gbpackfan
08-16-2006, 05:14 PM
I couldn't disagree more. Resigned to an 0-16 season. Come on! If he is, then he should walk away.

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 05:18 PM
O.K. What did he say? In your opinion?

He said, "I am not going to make predictions about how many games we'll win".

He said it, over and over. He NEVER said we'd win ANY game. He said he shouldn't be asked to play pre-season games.

The guy sounded weary, and we've not even started the season yet.

So, what did he say, IYO?

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 05:18 PM
I don't think so either Tar. He said he didn't know and wouldn't try to predict how many games they could win. That's not the same as thinking they wouldn't win any. He said the TC should be shorter and that vets shouldn't play the first two games so the coaches could get the rookies reps and get a good look at them. He also said that the team WOULD come together, just couldn't say when. He said it could be sooner, but it could be later. In my humble opinion, he didn't want to say because it's impossible to predict.

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Ziggy, Brett Favre is my hero and the man was crushed. He held his own, but he is not expecting too much from his o-line.

He said, he will focus only on himself and leave the coaching to others. He said, his years in the league are more that his "O"s combined and he needs to try and bluff them in the huddle to do massive things they aren't really capable of.

He used more politically correct words, but his message was clear. If he wins this year, it will be a fluke. That's what he said.

If you don't believe me, go ask Brett on Packers.com. Check out the videos...

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 05:33 PM
I already watched it. I don't have the time to watch it again. I love the man, but he can really TALK. I guess we just interpreted his words and actions differently. I saw someone determined to work through the problems with his team and get better as a team. This is no different that what I've seen of him all preseason. Even when he said the first time that the team was more talented than the SB team (which he stood by once again today) He has been consistent and gave me every indication that he believes they can right the ship. We'll see who's right in December.

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Fine Zig, but compare this interview to the one just before the 4th and 26 game.....