PDA

View Full Version : FIRE EDGAR BENNET

SkinBasket
01-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Or is it just a coincidence that he took over an extremely talented WR core that couldn't catch dick this season?

mraynrand
01-16-2012, 07:35 AM
I'm guessing The Packers won't have the chance to fire him.

But if he isn't hired away, I say fire him too. Jennings didn't catch a pass the last three regular season games. That's just unforgivable.

pbmax
01-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Football coaching skills are not always transferable, apparently. While you are at it, Grant fumbled, so Fontenot should go as well.

EDIT: Kuhn too!

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Tom Clements should be made the running backs coach, because Rodgers ran the ball better than he threw it.

PA Pack Fan
01-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Jordy caught everything thrown within 10 feet of him this year. Wtf didn't arod chuck him a few?

pbmax
01-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Jordy caught everything thrown within 10 feet of him this year. Wtf didn't arod chuck him a few?

Even the modern day Sterling Sharpe had a drop yesterday.

hoosier
01-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Rodgers lost a fumble for the first time all year. Bye bye, Tom Clements.

Brandon494
01-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Yea lets just clean house..... overreact much?

pbmax
01-16-2012, 08:19 AM
Yea lets just clean house..... overreact much?

He's joking, in the sense that he really doesn't want Bennett fired. He is serious that a troubling performance issue was not addressed successfully all year. He is also enjoying it because Bennett is African-American and he knew someone would respond. Haven't you sensed a pattern of all his thread titles this year?

The basket is clever.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Don't fire Edgar Bennett; build a dome to avoid stone cold hands...!

Brandon494
01-16-2012, 08:46 AM
Don't fire Edgar Bennett; build a dome to avoid stone cold hands...!

This is exactly why I wasn't all that excited about having home field advantage, we are built for a dome.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 08:48 AM
This is exactly why I wasn't all that excited about having home field advantage, we are built for a dome.

Spot on! I know a dome isn't happening but it's a fact that the cold ain't the thing for this Packers team.

Smeefers
01-16-2012, 08:53 AM
It's a documented fact that players from the west coast play 27.3% better in a dome. We need a removable roof like the brewers got.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 08:56 AM
It's a documented fact that players from the west coast play 27.3% better in a dome. We need a removable roof like the brewers got.

YES! I'm secretly in favor of this...how do we pull it off without the people of Wisconson getting a whim of this? :lol: It must be done!

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 09:00 AM
The Packers receivers played probably their best game of the year on New Years Day in weather virtually identical to yesterday. Build a dome and you end up with a dome team that can't win outside the dome in January. See New Orleans.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 09:16 AM
The Packers receivers played probably their best game of the year on New Years Day in weather virtually identical to yesterday. Build a dome and you end up with a dome team that can't win outside the dome in January. See New Orleans.

But a removable roof is not really a dome! Does that help? :lol: And how does a meaningless game versus Lions count versus a playoff game versus Giants? :wink:

mraynrand
01-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Has Bennett been fired yet?

gbgary
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
wr position is not a problem. they had a great season.

pbmax
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM

Does Slocum have any WRs on Special Teams he might come into contact with?

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 09:29 AM

Gimme 5 mins. and it's done!

ND72
01-16-2012, 09:38 AM

That's the first thing my buddy and I said...we should try to NEVER have home field, cause our team can't win there in January. We are the greatest show on turf, except we play on ice.

hoosier
01-16-2012, 11:04 AM

Stay on topic! This thread is about overreacting and baiting. Stop with the good sense already.

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Stay on topic! This thread is about overreacting and baiting. Stop with the good sense already.

Fire Slocum!

Tarlam!
01-16-2012, 11:08 AM

but it's a fact that the cold ain't the thing for this Packers team.

I aint buying this, guys. I am still of the opinion that they just matched up terribley against the Giants. Many posters and I had been screaming it from the rooftops even before they had made the playoffs.

I do not agree the weather factored into the poor play. I think the other team wanted it more.

mraynrand
01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I guess Edgar made it through lunch. Stubby won't be back from the Golden Corral until 2 PM.

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I aint buying this, guys. I am still of the opinion that they just matched up terribley against the Giants. Many posters and I had been screaming it from the rooftops even before they had made the playoffs.

I do not agree the weather factored into the poor play. I think the other team wanted it more.

I agree. The Packers were no worse off in the weather than the Giants. The Giants RB's had 7 more carries than the Packers, but that can be attributed to the Giants being ahead by 7 or more the whole 2nd half.

Brandon494
01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Y'all dont have to buy it but it's a know fact we play better in domes.

Freak Out
01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
FIRE TT!

Tarlam!
01-16-2012, 12:11 PM
but it's a know fact we play better in domes.

This is a different statement than they are built for domes. I agree, they do play better in domes and rodgers has said it on occasion that he, indeed enjoys domes.

The team practiced in the cold for two weeks and did well. It didn't come together yesterday evening. Big deal. They didn't lose to the elements, they lost to their own lethargic play and a determined opponent. I am watching the game right now. They are just playing poorly.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 12:32 PM

True! I just want a removeable roof 'cos the cold sucks! :lol:

Smidgeon
01-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Football coaching skills are not always transferable, apparently. While you are at it, Grant fumbled, so Fontenot should go as well.

EDIT: Kuhn too!

I do miss Jimmy Robinson.

Did James Jones drop anything this year?

SavedByGrace
01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
A new dome = another stock sale

Cheesehead Craig
01-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Let's swap the coaches around and have Bennett move to coach the DBs and have Whitt come and coach the WRs. Our DBs can catch the shit out of the ball.

hoosier
01-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Y'all dont have to buy it but it's a know fact we play better in domes.

Why? Because of what they did to Atlanta last January? Or because Rodgers doesn't flounder the way his predecessor did? Their offense averaged 28.3 points in in their three domes games in 2011. Guess what they put up per game in the outdoors?

Deputy Nutz
01-17-2012, 10:30 AM
How can the Packers win playoff games in Philly and in Chicago in January but can't win at home in January?

pbmax
01-17-2012, 10:55 AM
How can the Packers win playoff games in Philly and in Chicago in January but can't win at home in January?

Its the Gulf Stream.

mraynrand
01-17-2012, 11:33 AM

In their last 5 home playoff games, they've lost four. Atlanta was better, Minnesota was slightly better, and New York was much better in 2007. Green Bay was much better than Seattle in 2007. This year, I'd say the two were closely matched. The Packers offense played poorly and made too many mistakes. People want to look at playing surface, temperature, trends, legacy, history, etc. etc. but it's as simple as: How good are the players, how good is the coaching, and how well did they play.

Freak Out
01-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Its the Gulf Stream.

It's the JET stream.

smuggler
01-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Tom Clements should be made the running backs coach, because Rodgers ran the ball better than he threw it.

Horse. Shit. He missed on two passes all night.

Guys weren't coming open and then there's the matter of the 11 drops or whatever it was.

Did James Jones drop anything this year?

I think he dropped 4 or 5, which is 3 or 4 less than last year, and nothing egregious, really.

sharpe1027
01-17-2012, 02:23 PM

+1. Rodgers did run the ball really well, but he still threw the ball pretty damn well too. This wasn't a case of missing a bunch of passes and throwing a bunch of INTs. It was a shitstorm of drops and fumbles.

HowardRoark
01-17-2012, 03:12 PM
It's the JET stream.

It's the Calutta Clipper.

http://www.hark.com/clips/qydgcwxnzt-calcutta-clipper

http://por-img.cimcontent.net/api/assets/bin-201001/9bc0347be27f4c02f621415233c15dba.jpg

Smidgeon
01-17-2012, 07:10 PM

Guys weren't coming open and then there's the matter of the 11 drops or whatever it was.

I think he dropped 4 or 5, which is 3 or 4 less than last year, and nothing egregious, really.

I know he only had one or two big games this year, so maybe it's because his opportunities were down. But it seemed to me that he got his drops under control whereas all the skill positions caught his case of the dropsies from last year. Idle speculation at best. :D

Brandon494
01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Why? Because of what they did to Atlanta last January? Or because Rodgers doesn't flounder the way his predecessor did? Their offense averaged 28.3 points in in their three domes games in 2011. Guess what they put up per game in the outdoors?

Passing teams play better in domes, I don't need stats to tell me that. Also pretty sure we won the SB in a dome as well.

Brandon494
01-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Defense, our offense struggled in both those games. Luckily for us last season our defense was worth a damn.

George Cumby
01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
How much Wom would a Wombat bat if a Wombat could bat Woms?

Brando19
01-17-2012, 10:13 PM
Passing teams play better in domes, I don't need stats to tell me that. Also pretty sure we won the SB in a dome as well.

That's why we need Matt Forte. Without an elite back...we're not gonna win outdoors in January.

Joemailman
01-17-2012, 10:15 PM
That's why we need Matt Forte. Without an elite back...we're not gonna win outdoors in January.

We beat the Bears outdoors twice last January with James Starks even though they had Matt Forte.

Gunakor
01-18-2012, 01:41 AM

How many shares of stock do you suppose the Packers have to sell, and at what price, to make this an affordable investment? Because I don't think they could get away with it by implementing a new sales tax with no sunset date like the Brewers did here in Milwaukee.

Gunakor
01-18-2012, 01:43 AM
Fire Slocum!

Is it Wednesday already?

OMG it IS Wednesday!

SkinBasket
01-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Fuck Slocum. Fire Ben Mcadoo for Finley's pathetic performance alone, not to mention the regression of every other TE on the roster. Fucking stupid name to boot.

mraynrand
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM

If you want to win a Superbowl, you probably will need to be able to play well in a dome.

woodbuck27
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM

Really. Nelson and Jones. Were they in uniform? Does Aaron Rodgers have selected seeing? Greg Jennings was out. He has to earn his number one spot again and that was seized by Jordy Nelson.

woodbuck27
01-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Defense, our offense struggled in both those games. Luckily for us last season our defense was worth a damn.

Exactly. Ted Thompson needs a whole lot more on his 'D'. Last in the NFL. The Green bay Packer 'D' ranked there.

Unbelievable.Totally unacceptable. Fix it Ted.

SkinBasket
01-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Exactly. Ted Thompson needs a whole lot more on his 'D'. Last in the NFL. The Green bay Packer 'D' ranked there.

Unbelievable.Totally unacceptable. Fix it Ted.

Remind me of the Packer defensive ranking last season... Oh yeah, 5th in the league. 2nd in sacks. 2nd in INTs. 2nd in scoring allowed.

Ted returned that defense minus an oft-injured d lineman plus a few new linebackers. Expecting that he should have predicted this season's epic collapse is stupid.

Smeefers
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
+1. Rodgers did run the ball really well, but he still threw the ball pretty damn well too. This wasn't a case of missing a bunch of passes and throwing a bunch of INTs. It was a shitstorm of drops and fumbles.

Our offense played like they were our defense.

pbmax
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Ben McAdoo is a great name for basketball, and given the new crop of TEs, that might be appropriate.

Only better basketball names: Julius Erving, World B. Free and George "Iceman" Gervin. Honorable mention to Cazzie Russell.

pbmax
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Our offense played like they were our defense.

Or played against last year's Packer defense.

hoosier
01-18-2012, 07:58 PM
Ben McAdoo is a great name for basketball, and given the new crop of TEs, that might be appropriate.

Only better basketball names: Julius Erving, World B. Free and George "Iceman" Gervin. Honorable mention to Cazzie Russell.

Pistol Pete Maravich.

Harlan Huckleby
01-18-2012, 08:23 PM
It's payback time for Bennett's stint with Bears.