PDA

View Full Version : Who Played Last Game As A Packer? Who Stays?

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Clifton: I think he's gone. Can't stay healthy for a season which hurts continuity on the OL. Thanks for many great years Chad.

Wells: TT will get him signed. No reason he can't play several more years.

Flynn: Obviously gone. Only question is whether TT can work out a trade.

Grant: I'm guessing he's gone, although Starks inability to stay healthy could entice TT to bring him back.

Driver: I think he's back. Still a good possession receiver and team leader. And he scored 7 TD's.

Finley: A cause of some frustration, but TT will franchise him.

Howard Green: Probably gone.

Jarrett Bush: He will be back.

Erik Walden: Probably gone although he could be brought back depending on how the draft goes.

Pat Lee: Probably gone.

denverYooper
01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Boy, it'd be hard to let Driver go after he was the only one reliably catching balls yesterday.

Smeefers
01-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Sound judgement. I'm not sure we don't try to sign Finley. Regardless of his average performance this year, he's a great player who we may be able to get on the cheap for 2 or 3 years.

mraynrand
01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I think Woodson is finished. Packers are going to need two or three guys to add to the secondary. If they can play teams, Lee will be gone.

Driver won't be let go. He'll retire. Either right away, or when it becomes obvious in training camp that he can't compete anymore.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Zombo, So'oto, Wynn, Wilson, Neal, Lee, Green, Walden, Grant & Cliffy should be gone!

Driver may retire & Flynn will get a starting gig somewhere. Even Finley might not be tagged and hence lost!

mraynrand
01-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Zombo, So'oto,

Wynn, Wilson, Neal, should be gone!

At least one of the LBs and two of the DL in that group will remain.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 09:07 AM

You're probably right but that's not good enough!

mraynrand
01-16-2012, 09:09 AM
You're probably right but that's not good enough!

That's just reality. And if they upgrade with a better guy at DL and at OLB, those other guys will be depthchart/rotation material and we'll be happy as pigs in shit.

denverYooper
01-16-2012, 09:15 AM

I still feel like Wilson will develop into a player after some time in the weight room. He's a 3-4 year project guy, though, and I think he's shown enough to get another year or two to develop.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Zombo, So'oto, Wynn, Wilson, Neal, Lee, Green, Walden, Grant & Cliffy should be gone!

Driver may retire & Flynn will get a starting gig somewhere. Even Finley might not be tagged and hence lost!

I'd like to add that Finley should be kept a Packer - no doubt in my mind!

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
I still feel like Wilson will develop into a player after some time in the weight room. He's a 3-4 year project guy, though, and I think he's shown enough to get another year or two to develop.

Ok, so we keep him, on your notion I might add :lol:, & kick the rest I mentioned to the curb.

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 09:28 AM

I agree. Wynn. on the other hand, probably would not have made the team if Lawrence Guy had been healthy coming out of training camp. Time for him to go.

Pugger
01-16-2012, 10:07 AM
So'oto should go? I say bring him back cuz he was just a rookie.

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
So'oto should go? I say bring him back cuz he was just a rookie.

I get your point but I'm tired of those "diamonds in the rough" players. To me, So'oto is a great name only (like Zombo) but still no more than a Mr. August player.

GrnBay007
01-16-2012, 10:11 AM
I understand no lambeau leap from Driver last night after his TD because of the score at that point. Did anyone else notice he didn't even smile after either of his great catches or his TD? Made me wonder if he knew this was his last game at Lambeau.

denverYooper
01-16-2012, 10:19 AM
I understand no lambeau leap from Driver last night after his TD because of the score at that point. Did anyone else notice he didn't even smile after either of his great catches or his TD? Made me wonder if he knew this was his last game at Lambeau.

Saw that. But I think his countenance was grim focus on the task at hand and being a pro by not celebrating for winning battles in a losing war.

sheepshead
01-16-2012, 10:25 AM
I think Woodson is finished. Packers are going to need two or three guys to add to the secondary. If they can play teams, Lee will be gone.

Driver won't be let go. He'll retire. Either right away, or when it becomes obvious in training camp that he can't compete anymore.

My thoughts exactly during the game yesterday.

Pugger
01-16-2012, 10:38 AM

Saw that. But I think his countenance was grim focus on the task at hand and being a pro by not celebrating for winning battles in a losing war.

Yes, I suspect Driver could see the writing on the wall, especially after his TD catch. :-(

mmmdk
01-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Probably so! I think whatever DD decides to do; It'll be the right thing to do. Won't see Driver in purple for sure! :lol:

Joemailman
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
One thing is for sure: Driver is not retiring. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137418558.html

"I have plenty (of years)," Driver said. "The thing is, it's not up to me. The Packers have to make that decision. If they decide to keep me, I'll come back. If not, I guess I have to go somewhere else to play. That's always been my goal -- to retire here. It's going to be up to them to make that decision."

Bossman641
01-16-2012, 11:20 AM
RB's are a tough guess. I can't see both Starks and Grant sticking around. How much is Grant due again? At this point I'd say Grant is gone but MM is big on accountability/availability and Starks has not answered the call.

WR - Driver sticks. Quarless will be PUP'ed to start the year, opening up an extra spot for a WR.

TE - Finley is back.

OL - Clifton is gone. Wells returns.

DL - Wynn, Green are gone. Wilson and Neal both get another year.

LB - Zombo and Walden gone.

DB - Peprah and Lee gone. Bush is back.

Tarlam!
01-16-2012, 11:23 AM
I think Woodson is finished.

Great idea for a thread, Joe.

I think Woodson is done at CB, but he could extend his carreer at Safety, especially if Nick Collins can't come back. If your prediction is accurate, I hope they bring him back as an assistant secondary coach. I predict he will have a lot to offer as a coach.

I think Driver's drop off this season was not significant enough to call it and his role wa very complimentary. I, for one am not ready to write him off yet.

Of the others names being bandied around, who knows? TT has always stunned us fans with 5 TEs, or 3 FBs or whatever. He will keep players he thinks will contribute and cut those that have had their chance and failed.

woodbuck27
01-16-2012, 11:53 AM

I think it was something more than contemplating retirement. If that was the case with his personality he would have been on those sidelines mixing and encouraging; being the LEADER he is. I think he's anxious over some issue.

Secondly on... no Lambeau Leap.

If that was his last game as it was quite obvious the Packers we're in too deep.Wouldn't DD have enjoyed a final Lambeau Leap?

I read his reaction this way. He was annoid . Not playing and the rare time he does get some reps he delivers consistently. DD has been around. He knows what's good or bad. He knows when the team has prepared or not. I believe what we saw was a very disgusted Donald Driver. He was domonstrating something. He was fed up...pissed off.

ND72
01-16-2012, 01:46 PM
anyone else see the Driver write up on JSO?

Tarlam!
01-16-2012, 01:57 PM
anyone else see the Driver write up on JSO?

No. But if someone throws the newspaper in the garbage can I would go retrieve it for sure!

sharpe1027
01-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Driver has to be on the top of my list of favorite Packers. That being said, you give one of the WRs behind him as many opportunities as Driver got this year and I have to believe they will end up with better results. This is the first year I really saw a drop in his play. I can't remember any games where he was getting much separation. The final straw was when the Giants were covering him with a LBer and Rodgers still had to thread passes to him. Can you imagine Jennings, Nelson, Cobb or even Jones getting matched up with a LBer consistently? Driver did ended up making plays, but the fact that the Giants gave him so little respect is a bad sign.