PDA

View Full Version : Collins Won't String Along Packers

SnakeLH2006
01-17-2012, 03:18 AM
http://host.madison.com/sports/football/blog/packers-insiders-blog-collins-won-t-string-along-packers/article_4f7f9554-406f-11e1-82a2-0019bb2963f4.html

GREEN BAY — Packers safety Nick Collins is scheduled to meet with his doctor in March to re-evaluate his condition after he underwent neck surgery in September to repair a herniated disk. He suffered the injury in Week 2 against the Carolina Panthers.
Collins recently began working out and running, but still doesn't know if he will ever play again. Collins said he will listen to whatever the doctors suggest in March.
"I want to be able to make my decision before the draft so this organization can make a decision on who they can bring in and who they want to draft," Collins said.
Collins last was evaluated in December and the doctor said he was on schedule. Sunday's loss to the Giants and a secondary that struggled all season will not impact his decision.
"The decision is all based upon me," Collins said. "I know my team wants me out there with them. If the doctors want me to be out there and the good Lord wants me to be out there, I'll be out there.
"At the end of the day I've got to do what's right for my family and my kids. I want to be there for them once they leave to go off to college. I want to be there supporting them."

-------------------------------------------------

Better draft/sign a goddamn passrusher.

Smeefers
01-17-2012, 07:26 AM
If he's healthy, I'd love to have him back. If there's any increased chance what so ever that he could re-injure his neck and possibly get paralyzed (besides the normal risk of that happening in football) then I'd be happy to wave good bye and wish him well.

pittstang5
01-17-2012, 09:32 AM
The question I have is; if in March, he's given the ok that he can play again, is he going to be able to play in the 2012 season. Neck/spinal injuries are tricky and take forever to heal. Regardless of what happens in March, I think TT's gotta draft or find his replacement.

gbgary
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM
The question I have is; if in March, he's given the ok that he can play again, is he going to be able to play in the 2012 season. Neck/spinal injuries are tricky and take forever to heal. Regardless of what happens in March, I think TT's gotta draft or find his replacement.

yup

SnakeLH2006
01-19-2012, 10:18 PM

I agree..but would rather spend that first rounder on a passrusher and move CWood to safety for the near future, if need be. Hell..Clay was a mid-20's pick...no?

Gunakor
01-20-2012, 12:26 AM
I agree..but would rather spend that first rounder on a passrusher and move CWood to safety for the near future, if need be. Hell..Clay was a mid-20's pick...no?

Clay was pick 23 if I'm remembering correctly. But there were quite a few outstanding linebackers in that draft. I'm not sure you'd get an OLB of Matthews' caliber that far down the draft order again this year.

pittstang5
01-20-2012, 06:22 AM

I agree with using that high pick on an OLB, if there is a good one there. The Packers need a better pass rush and I hope to God that TT knows that now and gets one in the draft (Lord knows he won't be a player in free agency). You could probably find a good safety in rounds 2 or 3 - there's gotta be someone better than Peprah.

Scott Campbell
01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Sounds like Nick is pretty well prepared for either answer.

woodbuck27
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
If Ted Thompson is smart in his analysis of his team and until we all learn differently; not pencil in Nick Collins as OUR FS.

Joemailman
01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
If Ted Thompson is smart in his analysis of his team and until we all learn differently; not pencil in Nick Collins as OUR FS.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Smidgeon
01-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Clay was pick 23 if I'm remembering correctly. But there were quite a few outstanding linebackers in that draft. I'm not sure you'd get an OLB of Matthews' caliber that far down the draft order again this year.

I think he was #26. But don't forget, Thompson was strongly considering taking Matthews at #9 if Raji (and probably Crabtree) wasn't there.