PDA

View Full Version : M3 season ending presser

denverYooper
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/137620513.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

It included a couple of nuggets on the big FAs for the Packers.

Sounds like Finley is staying:

"I had an opportunity to speak to every player so Jermichael and I talked about his year," McCarthy said. "He didn’t feel great about the way it went. He knows he has a lot of really good football in front of him. I think Jermichael is a very talented young man and I would emphasize young. He needs an off-season program like a lot guys and I think he’ll continue to grow and be an outstanding football player for us.”

"Maybe statistically or production-wise, it didn’t go as well as he would have liked. Too many drops, that’s stating the obvious. But he still made big plays for us, had big games and he definitely draws a lot of attention. It’s important to have him out there.

"Jermichael probably brings a lot of criticism on himself because of his personality, but the man I work with, he has a great work ethic, there’s no one more into the practice on a daily basis than Jermichael. He wants to be a great player and thinks he’s going to be a great player. With his talent level, that’s half the battle. I look for him to continuing to develop and establishing himself definitely as one of the tight ends, Pro Bowl tight ends, in this league."

And Wells might be testing the market, but M3 wants him back

"He’s the center in a multi-scheme offense," McCarthy said. "More importantly, he’s a heck of a football player. I make no bones about it, I told Scott I hope we’re working together again next year. He’s going into free agency, and we’ll see what happens. But Scott Wells has been a very valuable member of our football team, I think he’s done an excellent job the last couple years. I would say he’s clearly the best lineman we’ve had this year, as far as performance. It’s nice to see him being recognized as a Pro Bowl center. I hope we can get it worked out."