PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday Training Camp Report

Joemailman
08-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Before practice started, Cory Rodgers was catching punts. He did drop a few, but overall looked ok. He seemed to have more trouble with short punts where he has to come forward to catch the ball. Near the end, Ruvell Martin caught a few. He didn't drop any and looked very comfortable catching punts.

Punting drill was with line of scrimmage at opponent's 45. Sander punted very well, was dropping a lot right on 10 yard line. Ryan has a great leg, but put 4 or 5 into the end zone on a fly. He had trouble controlling distance if he got the ball high. At the end of the drill, Ryan tried angling a couple out of bounds. One was a shank which went out at the 25. The second was a nice one that went out at the 10.

Donald Lee made a beautiful one handed catch on a high pass down the middle of the field.

Ruvell Martin looked good. He doesn't have great speed, but showed good hands on balls thrown high. Boerigter, on the other hand, looks very ordinary. If it comes down to him or Martin, Martin wins so far.

Keith Jennings beat Therrian Fontenot deep down the left sideline which elicited the biggest cheer from the crowd all day.

Junius Coston was the 2nd team RT. He seemed to hold up ok, although at times his lack of height gave him some problems. Of course, he was usually battling Montez Murphy, not Kampman or KGB.

Woodson intercepted a Favre pass along the left sideline that might have gone for a TD during a game. I believe it was the only INT I saw all day.

A fake field goal drill was run with Jon Ryan lining up as holder. On some plays, Ryan would kneel in the holder position, then run up behind center and take the snap as a QB would. He would then roll out to the right for a pass play. On some plays, he would roll out after fielding the snap from the holder position. On a couple of plays, Ryan took the snap from behind center, and then pitched it back to Cundiff for a sweep to the left side. :shock:

I didn't have a very good vantage point for seeing the running plays, although Green and Gado had some nice runs. Perhaps if any other Rats were there today, they can add to this.

FavreChild
08-16-2006, 08:07 PM
On a couple of plays, Ryan took the snap from behind center, and then pitched it back to Cundiff for a sweep to the left side. :shock:

That's probably the most exciting thing that either gentleman will do all season.

Thanks for the recap, Cliff Claven. :wink: Hope you had a fun afternoon.

BooHoo
08-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Thanks Joe for the report. I enjoy reading Pack camp news.

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Donald Lee made a beautiful one handed catch on a high pass down the middle of the field.

Hope to see more of that this season!

RashanGary
08-16-2006, 08:38 PM
This upcoming game, the oline play is going to be the most important aspect of the game. I really hope Colledge takes this bump in the road seriously and just comes out and plays at a high level. I want to see him being a little more aggressive with his blockign. When your on the end, you have to be carefull as not to whiff. When you in the middle, you can go strait ahead without worrying too much about the opponent getting outside being there isn't really room to move around.

I think that is one of the bigger adjustments. Gaurds arn't as affraid of the edge, so they play more aggressive strait forward. I don't think Colledge has that figured out yet. The coaches are talking abotu guys playing fast and mean so hopefully he just lets go and plays football.

Spitz on the other hand looks like a steal. He fit right in to what they are doing and can play multiple positions.

I don't expect a blockbuster year, but I do expect improvement. I stand my the 7-9 mark. I think we're goingo to look much stronger this next game. Sandiego is a premier team and a deep team. The Packers just need a couple years to catch up to that level. Right now I just want to see steady improvements.

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Who is this Keith Jennings you refer to? :wink:

Joemailman
08-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Who is this Keith Jennings you refer to? :wink:

Can't seem to get that name out of my head. I googled it and there was a TE with that name. who played for the Bears a few years back.

Bretsky
08-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Keith Jennings sucked

GrnBay007
08-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the report Joe. How early did you need to be there to get a decent spot?

Joemailman
08-16-2006, 09:22 PM
I was there about 45 minutes before practice started and was in the 2nd row of chairs. I could have gotten into the bleachers, which would have been a better idea. Hard to see the running plays well when you're at ground level and there's someone in front of you.

Doe
08-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the report.

MadtownPacker
08-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Great report Mr Postman you sure delivered, but dammit, its Greg not Keith!!

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Thanks JoeMailman. Nice report.

I hate hearing about dropped punts.Glad that Ruvell is stepping in their successfullly. Why keep Cory Rodgers?

I hate that Jon Ryan may not be OUR punter. BJ Sander certainly won't.

I hate it when Favre is picked.

I love that Charles Woodson is starting to show some playmaking.

I love that Ruvell Martin is really earning his spot - but will he get it ? I hate that thought.

I love it that Culver continues to impress.

I love that OUR kicker's are really locked in a battle, and are hitting them from 40 yards in.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!

GoPack06
08-17-2006, 09:29 AM
cool. Besides the OL and are special teams, I'm thinking we might be ok this year.