PDA

View Full Version : interesting things you do besides obsess about packers?

Upnorth
01-21-2012, 03:22 PM
My wife and I help at a pre-marriage retreat called Engaged Encounter. In fact we are putting one on this weekend as I type this. That got me thinking what do the rest of you do in your spare time for hobbies and volunteering?

mraynrand
01-21-2012, 03:44 PM
My wife went to a post-marriage retreat called "How did my Husband get so *oddamn Ugly and What Can I do About it?" I not really liking what they told her.

Scott Campbell
01-21-2012, 05:07 PM
My wives and I are in a co-ed softball league.

HowardRoark
01-21-2012, 05:09 PM
My wife and I help at a pre-marriage retreat called Engaged Encounter. In fact we are putting one on this weekend as I type this. That got me thinking what do the rest of you do in your spare time for hobbies and volunteering?

Didn't yo just have a kid? And you can lead a retreat while posting on Packerrats? You Canadians sure know how to multi-task.

Upnorth
01-21-2012, 05:17 PM
Howard, she was sleeping with the baby during our down time. There are two presenting couples with a priest / nun and when we aren't presenting we recharge. She chose sleep, I chose you guys. What was I thinking???

Scott how many of your wives are on the team?

red
01-21-2012, 06:43 PM
does masterbation count?

mraynrand
01-21-2012, 08:28 PM
does masterbation count?

Have at it! Scrub the red sub! Peel the banana! Squish the squash! Tease the one-eyed monster!

mraynrand
01-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Didn't yo just have a kid? And you can lead a retreat while posting on Packerrats? You Canadians sure know how to multi-task.

It doesn't require a lot of candlepower to post on Packerrats.

GrnBay007
01-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Hang out with my kids mostly and go to all their sporting events. I'm parent rep for the girls golf team and the boys football team. Coordinate all the team dinners for 40-50 hungry football players. Unbelievable all the food they can consume in 30 min. lol I help out with a lot of the fundraising for the school sports. The district funding is nowhere near enough.

I have a career that is turning ugly due to funding cuts....so what was once enjoyable and fulfilling is turning into nothing more than a paycheck....sad to say. BUT it's still providing the $ I need to enjoy my home life and that's what is important!!! :)

Upnorth
01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
does masterbation count?

Is it a hobby or volunteer activity?

Harlan Huckleby
01-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I like to slip on my loafers and feed the fish

mraynrand
01-22-2012, 10:46 AM
I like to slip on my loafers and feed the fish

Do you talk to hand puppets?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4087588233_8ae3447e9e.jpg

easy cheesy
01-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I constantly put fresh batteries in my "BOB".... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do until Mike gets here next month....

MJZiggy
01-22-2012, 04:16 PM
As soon as the weather improves my interesting thing will be worshiping the new macro lens...and taking photography classes.

easy cheesy
01-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I want a Jumbaco... NOW GOD DAMN IT! :)

Deputy Nutz
01-24-2012, 10:07 AM

Funny I started a pre-marriage counciling course without religious biases. I found out that I hate other people and a majority of them should not get married, they should kill themselves instead.

Scott Campbell
01-24-2012, 11:36 AM
I constantly put fresh batteries in my "BOB".... a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do until Mike gets here next month....

http://www.formidableapps.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Massive-Battery-300x258.png

Upnorth
01-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Funny I started a pre-marriage counciling course without religious biases. I found out that I hate other people and a majority of them should not get married, they should kill themselves instead.

So just to recap you think they are the ones with the problem?

Upnorth
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
I want a Jumbaco... NOW GOD DAMN IT! :)

What is a Jumbaco?

hoosier
01-24-2012, 08:29 PM
My two-year old likes to sneak into the bathroom, remove the toilet paper from the dispenser and walk around the house throwing little bits of TP confetti everywhere. Some days I come home from work and spend an hour cleaning up the mess. Other days I kick back and pour myself a scotch and watch him do his thing. As a spectator sport it's not bad.

Iron Mike
01-24-2012, 09:07 PM
What is a Jumbaco?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJm4rcQEZHY

Tarlam!
01-25-2012, 02:36 AM
What is a Jumbaco?

It makes me obsolete, I think.

MJZiggy
01-25-2012, 06:28 AM
It makes me obsolete, I think.

No, dear, it's the BOB that makes you obsolete....

Tarlam!
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
Bottom line is I'm obsolete. I shoulda known when that coed didn't fall for me, Ziggy.

Patler
01-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Bottom line is I'm obsolete. I shoulda known when that coed didn't fall for me, Ziggy.

Life has a way of making you obsolete.
Death finishes the job.

mraynrand
01-25-2012, 02:59 PM
My two-year old likes to sneak into the bathroom, remove the toilet paper from the dispenser and walk around the house throwing little bits of TP confetti everywhere. Some days I come home from work and spend an hour cleaning up the mess. Other days I kick back and pour myself a scotch and watch him do his thing. As a spectator sport it's not bad.

An easy solution is to not leave your two year old home alone all day. It's an anger display, like when the dog craps on your slippers.

Tarlam!
01-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Life has a way of making you obsolete.
Death finishes the job.

Morbid, but true. But first, the Giants beat your favourite team at Lambeau Field, just to give you one last good kick in the balls.

easy cheesy
01-25-2012, 11:43 PM

ZING! :five: :)

mraynrand
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM

ZING! :five: :)

If you two really believe this, all it means is your man don't know how to treat you right.

swede
01-25-2012, 11:54 PM
^^^ That was good, Zig.

easy cheesy
01-26-2012, 12:14 AM
If you two really believe this, all it means is your man don't know how to treat you right.

Wrong. Zigs and I (yes, I am speaking for you too Zigs so hang tough) are putting forth comments based in humor, it's in jest my friend. Hmmmm.... I wonder why you are prompted to respond to this as anything less than a humor based female stereotypical "could see it coming (no pun intended) from a mile away" attitudinal response.... hmmmmmm.... :) Geesh... men are always so touchy when it comes to a girls toys and their "professed" love of said toys... Freud professed Penis Envy... I guess we "Broads" can profess "Plastic Envy".... LOLZ!

Tarlam!
01-26-2012, 01:20 AM
I had a beautiful Philipino GF when I was around 22. She was OMG gorgeous. She had a toy and, well, it really screwed up her idea of sex. Just my limited experience, but I don't touch women anymore if the use gadgets.

easy cheesy
01-26-2012, 01:32 AM
I had a beautiful Philipino GF when I was around 22. She was OMG gorgeous. She had a toy and, well, it really screwed up her idea of sex. Just my limited experience, but I don't touch women anymore if the use gadgets.

It's all in jest Tar... relax... change your batteries...LOLZ!

Gadgets can be friends... so can index fingers... for a woman anyway... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71xajhDFUo

Tarlam!
01-26-2012, 01:53 AM
I know Chrissie. Pig. Dumped her manager because his wife was diagnosed with HIV.

mraynrand
01-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Just my limited experience, but I don't touch women anymore if they use gadgets.

that's smart - avoid electrocution

mraynrand
01-26-2012, 09:59 AM
it's in jest my friend.
right back atcha

Scott Campbell
01-26-2012, 10:16 AM

Or it might just mean that your woman allows you to think that you know what the hell you're doing.

Gotta love life's great mysteries.

mraynrand
01-26-2012, 11:43 AM
...your woman allows you to think that you know what the hell you're doing.

I hate when that happens!

mraynrand
01-26-2012, 11:44 AM
One man who is never wrong about the ladies:

http://homepages.theonion.com/PersonalPages/sB/images/nav_02.jpg

George Cumby
01-26-2012, 10:37 PM
It's all in jest Tar... relax... change your batteries...LOLZ!

Gadgets can be friends... so can index fingers... for a woman anyway... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r71xajhDFUo

Cute how tame that is by today's standards.

Sheesh, time's have changed.......

Tarlam!
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Cute how tame that is by today's standards.

Sheesh, time's have changed.......

Chrissie was never tame, George. OMG. I knew the bitch. She was, well, not tame. God. I knew her when i was 17. She and the band passed through the club where i was doing my apprenticeship. I was intensley interested in bands and got a break managing when I was 18. I met most of the Aussie stars. Chrissie was not tame, but she knew how to behave in a restaurant.

Upnorth
01-28-2012, 07:26 AM
So a thread about hobbies talks about parenting and dildo's.
No car guys out there? No coaches? Rocket scientists? I was really hoping to hear some cool interesting stuff. I like Zig's photography thing, my wife and our oldest daughter are taking a class on photography in the spring.

MJZiggy
01-28-2012, 07:43 AM
So a thread about hobbies talks about parenting and dildo's.
No car guys out there? No coaches? Rocket scientists? I was really hoping to hear some cool interesting stuff. I like Zig's photography thing, my wife and our oldest daughter are taking a class on photography in the spring.

I'd like to take a class as well. My officemate's wife is a photographer and he's learned a lot about exposures and apertures and depth of field by osmosis. I got a 180 mm macro lens and I just cannot WAIT for spring so I can use it on what I want to.

Upnorth
01-28-2012, 07:48 AM
I'd like to take a class as well. My officemate's wife is a photographer and he's learned a lot about exposures and apertures and depth of field by osmosis. I got a 180 mm macro lens and I just cannot WAIT for spring so I can use it on what I want to.

Last winter we had some beautiful days with hore frost that my wife took some closeups of. Absolutley gorgeous! She did the same when we got ice rain once. I almost prefer winter photography!

MJZiggy
01-28-2012, 08:21 AM
That would be fine if there were even a hint of winter here right now. The only way you'd tell is because everything's dead.

Tarlam!
01-28-2012, 08:44 AM
That would be fine if there were even a hint of winter here right now. The only way you'd tell is because everything's dead.

I had to scape the ice off my volvo today. My frigging stational heating is defective. I'm forced to live like the commoners. :(

Upnorth
01-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Zig, we are having an amazingly warm winter this year as well. We deserve it after last years cold!
Tarlam, what the hell is stational heating?

Tarlam!
01-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Zig, we are having an amazingly warm winter this year as well. We deserve it after last years cold!
Tarlam, what the hell is stational heating?

Bad translation on my part. Sorry all. http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=standheizung

The book says auxillery heating. It's a great gadget that will heat your car without the engine running. Let's say you want to use your car at 7 am, but do not have a garage. you set the timer and the preferred interior temperature. Your car measures the outside temperature all night then calculates how long it will need to heat to your preferred interior teperature. Kicks in by itself. The advantage is huge if your office doesn't have protected parking or you don't have a garage.

Tarlam!
01-28-2012, 10:29 AM
I should have also mention, the ice and snow on the vehicle melts away.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Bad translation on my part. Sorry all. http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spellToler=&search=standheizung

The book says auxillery heating. It's a great gadget that will heat your car without the engine running. Let's say you want to use your car at 7 am, but do not have a garage. you set the timer and the preferred interior temperature. Your car measures the outside temperature all night then calculates how long it will need to heat to your preferred interior teperature. Kicks in by itself. The advantage is huge if your office doesn't have protected parking or you don't have a garage.
You would think you the big baller who told 007 to buy a new PC when hers got a virus would have a garage or would just have a carport built.

Tarlam!
01-28-2012, 11:50 AM
You would think you the big baller who told 007 to buy a new PC when hers got a virus would have a garage or would just have a carport built.

You would. But I am obviously to busy putting my kids through high school at 10 grand a month with no job or support from any taxpayer.

Upnorth
01-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't spend 10k a month on highschool and we are fairly well off. How can you afford that with no job? Also I thought europe had a broad social welfare system. How does a single unemployed dad not get support?

easy cheesy
01-28-2012, 10:00 PM
I crochet hats and make lanyards out of placentas to sell at the Public Market. I sing folk music and have an awesome "chapeau" that the passer by's, by the grace of God, drop trinkets of their adoration and, of course, my livlihood into. I also sell Patchouli Oil on the side. I'll hook a bitch up. I listen to Jerry. I ride a short bus.

Upnorth
01-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Now that's interesting! One question, how do you crochet a placenta?

easy cheesy
03-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Now that's interesting! One question, how do you crochet a placenta?

Carefully....Crochet, Sachet and Macramet Mother Fucker- I do it ALL! Can I get an Amen up in here!?! :) lolz (just funnin' with you... however I was shocked when I "google imaged" "crochet placenta" and actually got pictures!)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zuMsgFg6VQA/SORQ9IzVHJI/AAAAAAAAAPg/2Y0vHKGhX4Q/s400/placenta1.jpghttp://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a97666_fetus.jpghttp://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.134989861.jpg

MJZiggy
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Carefully....Crochet, Sachet and Macramet Mother Fucker- I do it ALL! Can I get an Amen up in here!?! :) lolz (just funnin' with you... however I was shocked when I "google imaged" "crochet placenta" and actually got pictures!)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zuMsgFg6VQA/SORQ9IzVHJI/AAAAAAAAAPg/2Y0vHKGhX4Q/s400/placenta1.jpghttp://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a97666_fetus.jpghttp://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.134989861.jpg

You should come out for Crafty Bastards. "Unique" (ahem) items.