PDA

View Full Version : CUT DOWN DAY, AUG. 29th. EARLY PROJECTION.

gbpackfan
08-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Per NFL rules, teams must be down to 75 players on their active roster by Aug. 29th. Currently, there are 90 players on the roster (give or take 1 or 2), which means 15 cuts need to be made on Aug. 29th. Here is my list.

1. Brian Wrobel
2. Dave Rayner
3. Arliss Beach
4. Atari Bigby - IR
5. Therrian "Toast" Fontenot
6. Antonio Malone
7. Jeremy Modkins
8. Kevin Schimmelmann
9. Kurt Campbell
10. Jerome Nichols
11. Chad Lucas
12. Jerome Wishom
13. Montez Murphy
14. Vince Butler
15. Pete Traynor

FYI - The next cut day will be on Sept. 2. This will trim the roster down to 53. On Sept. 3 the team can form an 8 man practice squad.

MJZiggy
08-16-2006, 09:52 PM
Do they have to cut Bigby if he's on IR? Does he count if he's on IR?

Doe
08-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I would replace Lucas with Sander. Its time to move on.

BF4MVP
08-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Do they have to cut Bigby if he's on IR? Does he count if he's on IR?
As far as I know, he doesn't take up a roster spot, so they don't have to cut him.

Guiness
08-17-2006, 12:28 AM
I notice there are no '06 draft choices there. Think they all hold on for a while yet?

I'd be surprised to see Kurt Cambell go, but I guess they've got a pile of LB's in camp, and the starting, as well as most of the backup positions are sewn up.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 02:09 AM
I notice there are no '06 draft choices there. Think they all hold on for a while yet?

I'd be surprised to see Kurt Cambell go, but I guess they've got a pile of LB's in camp, and the starting, as well as most of the backup positions are sewn up.

Ted likes to allow people like Kurt Campbell, a real chance to catch on elsewhere. He's one of those borderline types and could have a future in another Organization but he's not been very visable this off season with us.

He made a splash - early last season, then the injury. I thought he might do better, but we have such strength at LBer.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE fAITH !!

gbpackfan
08-17-2006, 02:45 AM
I didn't mean to confuse anyone with the Bigby selection. He will most likely be put on IR meaning he won't count against the roster. So it will be LIKE cutting him but we will still have him for next season.

Campbell may have a future in the NFL, but probably not with the Packers. Hawk, Hodge, Barnett, Taylor, Popps, and most likely Manning are all ahead of him at this point. I just dont see him sticking.

As for the 2006 draft picks, I suspect if they are going to be cut, the will be cut in the second round on Aug. 2nd. That way, we will have a better chance of adding them to our practice squad.