PDA

View Full Version : Was The KC Loss The End?

Tarlam!
01-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Seems to me, the wind was out of their sails after KC, despite the wins that came. In my mind, the season was done and dusted.

gbgary
01-25-2012, 08:52 AM
kc set the blueprint for handling our o. tight/physical coverage on our wrs and pressure on AR. nyg did the same thing.

sharpe1027
01-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Luckily the blueprint can only be carried out by a relatively few teams with the correct set of players. Also, I think the Packers had adjustments against the Giants that would have been successful absent the drops and missed passes.

smuggler
01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Not only that, but you need a few good breaks along the way. Those two games were also the worst for our receivers in terms of drops.

Pugger
01-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Didn't we come back BIG after the KC game? Heck, even without Rodgers in the last game we played great against the loins. If we had a better defense we could have overcome those two games when our offense was off their game. How many times in 2010 did our defense bail us out with a big play late? I'm pretty confident that if TT can address the defense we'll be back to our winning ways in 2012.

ND72
01-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Didn't we come back BIG after the KC game? Heck, even without Rodgers in the last game we played great against the loins. If we had a better defense we could have overcome those two games when our offense was off their game. How many times in 2010 did our defense bail us out with a big play late? I'm pretty confident that if TT can address the defense we'll be back to our winning ways in 2012.

Crushed Chicago the next week.

Brandon494
01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
You thought the season was over at the we got our first lost of the season in week 15? I don't know about you but any thought of our season being over were soon erased from my mind after Rodgers 5 TD performance against the Bears and Fylnn 6 TD performance against the Lions. Too me the Giants didn't do anything special on defense, we just flat out laid an egg. Rodgers had a bad game but had plenty of time in the pocket, our receivers couldn't catch a cold, and guys like Kuhn and Grant who never fumble of course wait til the playoffs to do so.

woodbuck27
01-25-2012, 11:03 AM
NO.

The KC loss was a simple wake up call. After that loss I hoped that the team would realize. That to win more was required of the team as a whole.That to win wasn't going to be placed so much in the normally very capabe skills of Aaron Rodgers. For some reason people were seeing Aaron Rodgers as some Super form of athlete; but that man is human and will have bad games. In the game Vs the GIANTS Aaron Rodgers looked alone on the field. I forecast that to win Vs the GIANTS we needed a strong game on both sides of the ball in the trenches. We needed a solid OL effort and we got that. We needed LBers to step up and assist the front three. Wev needed AR to be outstanding ..again !

**AR was off in his normaloly pin point accuracy. The OL played good in the first half. Aaron Rodgers had time. He was off and he had TE/WR's that looked useless on the field. MM didn't adjust.

**Two reasons for that. He was getting pressured and that came from both the Giants pass rush and the fact that either the wrong plays were called or the players inability to secure that ball or protect it added up to a sense of urgency that he couldn't deal with alone. He needed the man calling the plays to adapt and manage the situation to turn it around. An ingame adjustment of previous plans. Aaron Rodgers maybe felt alone but he made up for that with his ability to scramble for first downs.

Go back to our team before that first playoff game.

We have an ugly 'D'. Exactly..worst in the NFL. To expect that AR would compensate for that game in and out and on into the playoffs was just not sensable. With the shape OUR 'D' was in. Realistically I felt that we were doomed to fail as defending CHAMPS. Emotionally I am a Packer fan and wished for the near impossible...a repeat.

Go back to the GIANTS @ PACKERS game on 15 Jan. 2012. Which QB was better prepared to deal with adversity that day? What recent history led both sides to that game? The Packers last game was an emotional win over Detroit. What was Aaron Rodgers role in that win?

Watch what will happen in the Super Bowl. The talking heads are screaming Tom Brady will do this and that and the Pat's will win. Like Aaron Rodgers there is immense pressure being placed on Tom Brady while on the other side Eli Manning wears the Mr. Cool Hat. Eli Manning will not be impressed one way or another by media attention. He will relax...focus. Will Eli win his second ring or Tom win his fourth ring? Look at trhe pressure. Eli Manning wears the Mr. Cool hat.

Which QB do you imagine will win this Championship Ring. Look at the respective HC's. Look at the momentum factor. Look at the balance on both teams. Look at which team has the superior pass rush. Look at which team has handled the most adversity this season. What factor that will have in determining the mindset and attitude necessary to bear up under all the pressure of Super Bowl week and in that game.

Again. Which team has the BEST 'D' and better pass rush; the better ability to win the battle of the clock?

As you examine these questions in terms of the next Super Bowl game you will have a better grasp of why OUR team was defeated by the GIANTS. Sure that KC loss paved a way to defeat us in terms of pressuring the QB and winning the TO battle. IMO that wasn't all of it as we fell to defeat to the GIANTS. Many factors led to an almost inevitable loss in the playoffs at the hands of the GIANTS or another NFC team.

The proper response to a need of URGENCY.

GO PACKERS !

Tarlam!
01-25-2012, 11:44 PM
You thought the season was over at the we got our first lost of the season in week 15?

Yup. I really did and I was also predicting the Giants to beat the Packers in the playoffs at around week 16 of the regular season.

swede
01-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Yup. I really did and I was also predicting the Giants to beat the Packers in the playoffs at around week 16 of the regular season.

Did you predict I would congratulate you on your foresight?

mraynrand
01-25-2012, 11:56 PM
You thought the season was over at the we got our first lost of the season in week 15? I don't know about you but any thought of our season being over were soon erased from my mind after Rodgers 5 TD performance against the Bears and Fylnn 6 TD performance against the Lions. Too me the Giants didn't do anything special on defense, we just flat out laid an egg. Rodgers had a bad game but had plenty of time in the pocket, our receivers couldn't catch a cold, and guys like Kuhn and Grant who never fumble of course wait til the playoffs to do so.

yup, an egg was laid. But I still think the loss of Jennings threw off their timing. Just give back that Rodgers-Jennings timing alone and maybe the Packers still win.

Tarlam!
01-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Did you predict I would congratulate you on your foresight?

Um, no. I predicted you'd cross the Atlantic, eat my spaghetti sauce, write home about it and kick me in my balls.

woodbuck27
01-26-2012, 06:25 AM
yup, an egg was laid. But I still think the loss of Jennings threw off their timing. Just give back that Rodgers-Jennings timing alone and maybe the Packers still win.

Well yes; but you'd think it might be crucial to have at least one of them on the scoresheet in week 17. How much rest did the MVP of the NFL really need before facing a team that kicked butt the last time they decided to kick butt at Lambeau Field? I'm just guessing that MM wasn't either impressed by what the New York GIANTS were doing, again, this season. or He really believed his team was invinceable. If either case was a TRUTH. MM was out to lunch. MM had to clearly be aware that the GIANTS didn't see the Packers at Lambeau Field as, a too huge a hurdle, to winning another Super Bowl.

IMO MM error'd sitting Aaron Rodgers out of the entire game in week 17. Arn't your best players payed to play and isn't it important to have those players on the field for their fans to see and enjoy?

There was alot at stake in that game in reference to making Packer history. Ohh wait.....maybe? MM and TT knew that Matt Flynn would QB the greatest game of any QB in Packer History. That then quite possibly TT could parlay that outstanding effort into some talented players / draft picks in a deal with another franchise for Matt Flynn.

I can't wait to see how TT does there. TT will get something back for showcasing his backup QB in week 17. It can't all go for naught, can it?

Otherwise it might get to the real TRUTH. What in 'H' are these fella's thinking............ now?

Scott Campbell
01-26-2012, 07:56 AM
I started noticing some chinks in the armor during the Tampa game right before Thanksgiving.

The Giants won 3 road games to get to the Superbowl. It wasn't a fluke. I'm not sure there is anything we could have done. We just got beat by this years version of the 2010 Packers.

hoosier
01-26-2012, 08:21 AM
I started noticing some chinks in the armor during the Tampa game right before Thanksgiving.

The Giants won 3 road games to get to the Superbowl. It wasn't a fluke. I'm not sure there is anything we could have done. We just got beat by this years version of the 2010 Packers.

The Giants got Atlanta at home. I knew the 2010 Packers. The Giants, they're no 2010 Packers.

Brandon494
01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
IMO the Giant were pretty much given the game against us and the 49ers, no way are they the 2010 Packers.

Tarlam!
01-26-2012, 09:11 AM
The point is the 2011 Packers aren't the 2010 Packers. That is what sucks nutz's balls. It was the KC game that really showed it. I knew in my heart that team wasn't going deep. No heart. Can't win a championship without a heart. I've lost enough in my life to know the look.

Brandon494
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm sorry but your wrong if you think the team had no heart when they finished with the best regular season record in franchise history. Having an off day doesn't mean they had no heart and they reason why I think they came out flat against the Giants had some to do with the Philbin situation. Obvisouly they were also rusty taking a few weeks off but I do think it was hard to get up for a emotional game when someone close to them had just suffered a huge lost just a few days before.

sharpe1027
01-26-2012, 09:25 AM

+1

Replay that game 10 times and the Packers win 8 of them.

Scott Campbell
01-26-2012, 10:05 AM
The Giants got Atlanta at home.

That's true - I forgot about that. I keep thinking it should have been in ATL because the Falcons had the better record.

Smidgeon
01-26-2012, 10:30 AM
+1

Replay that game 10 times and the Packers win 8 of them.

If I replay that game 10 time, I'm just a glutton for punishment. Watching it once was enough.

hoosier
01-26-2012, 11:19 AM
The point is the 2011 Packers aren't the 2010 Packers. That is what sucks nutz's balls. It was the KC game that really showed it. I knew in my heart that team wasn't going deep. No heart. Can't win a championship without a heart. I've lost enough in my life to know the look.

The KC game was one moment in their season when the arrow was pointing down. The 2010 edition had their share of down moments also. Washington, Miami and at Detroit were the most obvious games. At Detroit (week 14) was the worst showing by a Green Bay offensive line that I have seen in a long time. Jennings had a terrible drop that turned what would have been a long TD into an interception. Flynn had an awful red zone interception. It was ugly. I frankly don't see the big difference that you're talking about. The only difference I see is that the 2010 version had its back against the wall for the last two weeks of the regular season, and then seemingly found a way to bottle that urgency and use it in the playoffs. So the flaw in the 2011 version was that the teams was too good, it didn't dig a hole for itself during the regular season and it allowed itself to grow soft. (PS: I'm not buying this story one bit. It is armchair analysis at its worst, and only seems to make sense because the Packers inexplicably lost to a team they should have beaten. If the Packers had beaten NY, we would be debating whether the 2011 version was superior to the 1961 and '65 versions.)

denverYooper
01-26-2012, 11:22 AM

Tampa was the first game that I remember the receivers getting beat on pretty good and it screwed with GB some. Tampa had a shitty year but they have some corners to pull that off. Jordy usually seems to be able to play that game and beat the other team at it without it getting in his head. I actually thought that was part of why 'ol Romeo put the APB out to the refs in the KC game -- to take GB's one physical receiver out of it. Come to think of it, one of the commentators mentioned that Fewell was the most concerned with Nelson. Maybe he knew he could throw everyone else off with a good bump. Even JPP was often tasked with giving Fin a shot at the line.

I hope Cobb gets a lot more snaps next year. Seems like he could make a killing in such a game.

Tarlam!
01-26-2012, 01:44 PM
I get what you're sayin' Brando, but 15 wins does not a championship make. Neither does 18, as the Patsies showed. I think hoosier has it nailed, overall. I am just stating, loudly, I knew they were fucked after KC and I knew - IN MY HEART OF HEARTS - that the Giants would throw them out. I hate being right about it. I never thought the team really had it, but going undefeated seemed like motivation. Once that was gone, so was the season.

Joemailman
01-26-2012, 04:04 PM

Yep. The Packers had 3 great chances for Rodgers to hit Jennings for a TD. First one Rodgers missed Jennings on what looked to me like a miscommunication. Second one Rodgers threw a perfect pass but Jennings couldn't haul it in on what would have been a tough, but not great catch. Third one Jennings was wide open but Rodgers was stripped of the ball. How often will Rodgers and Jennings go 0 for 3 in a situation like that? We need to find another team to play in home playoff games. Seem a bit snakebit against the Giants.

Pugger
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry but your wrong if you think the team had no heart when they finished with the best regular season record in franchise history. Having an off day doesn't mean they had no heart and they reason why I think they came out flat against the Giants had some to do with the Philbin situation. Obvisouly they were also rusty taking a few weeks off but I do think it was hard to get up for a emotional game when someone close to them had just suffered a huge lost just a few days before.

I'm listening right now to WDUZ the Fan on the Internet and they are talking to Sean Jones. He just said he wasn't surprised when the guys came out flat against the gnats. He said it is very difficult to get that right frame of mind and killer instinct when you go thru that kind of personal tragedy.

mraynrand
01-26-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm listening right now to WDUZ the Fan on the Internet and they are talking to Sean Jones. He just said he wasn't surprised when the guys came out flat against the gnats. He said it is very difficult to get that right frame of mind and killer instinct when you go thru that kind of personal tragedy.

Were they interviewing him through the plastic barrier?

http://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/wordpress_copies/criminaljustice/2009/07/visiting.jpg

Pugger
01-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Were they interviewing him through the plastic barrier?

http://change-production.s3.amazonaws.com/photos/wordpress_copies/criminaljustice/2009/07/visiting.jpg

What are you talking about?

mraynrand
01-27-2012, 07:23 AM
We're talking about the former Packer DE, right?

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2007/06/15/sean-jones-would-like-a-get-out-of-jail-free-card/

Pugger
01-28-2012, 08:31 AM
We're talking about the former Packer DE, right?

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2007/06/15/sean-jones-would-like-a-get-out-of-jail-free-card/

Yes, so I have no clue what mraynrand is talking about.

pbmax
01-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Pugger, Sean Jones was arrested on charges of back fraud. Rand was joking that the interview you mentioned took place in jail.

mraynrand
01-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Pugger, Sean Jones was arrested on charges of back fraud.

he sold me some ibuprofen that turned out to be snake oil. My back still aches.

pbmax
01-28-2012, 01:58 PM
he sold me some ibuprofen that turned out to be snake oil. My back still aches.

A lot of that snake oil contains derivatives of cocaine. I am surprised you didn't feel better for a little while. Or perhaps Jones cannot even get the snake oil recipe correct.

mraynrand
01-28-2012, 03:09 PM
A lot of that snake oil contains derivatives of cocaine. I am surprised you didn't feel better for a little while. Or perhaps Jones cannot even get the snake oil recipe correct.

probably has tomato seeds in it

denverYooper
01-28-2012, 05:20 PM

He probably stepped on it too many times.

Pugger
01-29-2012, 08:34 AM
Pugger, Sean Jones was arrested on charges of back fraud. Rand was joking that the interview you mentioned took place in jail.

OIC. There must be two Sean Joneses.