PDA

View Full Version : Packers Cancel Fan Fest, Again

Noodle
01-28-2012, 12:30 PM
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120128/GPG0101/201280630/Packers-cancel-Fan-Fest?odyssey=mod|defcon|text|FRONTPAGE

I guess I kind of understood it last year with everything rushed due to the lockout, but c'mon, that's one of the best things they do. And the excuse, "Our goal is to enhance the event by examining its structure, programming elements and fan feedback," is beyond lame.

You don't need to cancel it to evaluate it. Very disappointing.

MadtownPacker
01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
This is the owners fault. What do you have to say for yourself Tarlam? :lol:

mraynrand
01-28-2012, 01:13 PM
They could only get A.J. Hawk and Finley to show up. Shutting it down prevented bloodshed.

In Cleveland, the Fan Fest is specifically without the team. Everyone feels having the players absent enhances the experience.

pbmax
01-28-2012, 01:56 PM
I wonder if the CBA had an impact on player attendance? Did it used to be around a minicamp or something?

Or is Murphy and Co simply looking for a way to increase revenue from it?

Joemailman
01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
I wonder if the CBA had an impact on player attendance? Did it used to be around a minicamp or something?

Or is Murphy and Co simply looking for a way to increase revenue from it?

It used to be held in Mid-March, probably coinciding with the start of the off-season training program. If they held it in March now, there wouldn't be that many players around since I'm pretty sure the new CBA pushes the start of the training program back to April. Perhaps they feel April is too close to final preparations for the draft?

gbgary
01-29-2012, 09:50 AM
never mind.

Tony Oday
01-29-2012, 09:56 AM
For normal teams these events are held just before season ticket renewals start...well that was what the Wild Road Tour was when I worked for the MN Wild