PDA

View Full Version : AR named nfl most valuable player...

gbgary
02-04-2012, 07:27 PM
we new he would be.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AlFmcxbSFLLWRgNBM1T55SE5nYcB?slug=ap-nflawards

48 votes to 2 for brees.

gbgary
02-04-2012, 08:01 PM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article_ketchman/article-1/Rodgers-wins-MVP-excited-about-future/c53f34a0-d05e-4e2c-81cc-f5c082efa0b7

MJZiggy
02-04-2012, 08:16 PM
That's no surprise, but who's the chick with the blue hair? And why am I watching this?

Jimx29
02-04-2012, 08:28 PM
That's no surprise, but who's the chick with the blue hair? And why am I watching this?That's what I was wondering as I tuned in for less than a minute when she showed up mentioning teblow......I was back to big bang theory before ya know it

King Friday
02-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Congrats AR...but pretty meaningless when you don't even win a playoff game.

Brando19
02-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats AR...but pretty meaningless when you don't even win a playoff game.

BAD statement. Rodgers played his ass off all year...even against the Giants. This is a huge award for a great player...it means alot.

Scott Campbell
02-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Meh - individual awards are just beauty contests. It's a team sport.

HarveyWallbangers
02-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Funny! They are forgetting somebody. :)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7540891/nfl-awards-green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-wins-mvp-landslide-vote

He joins former Packers Bart Starr, Jim Taylor and Paul Hornung as MVPs.

Patler
02-05-2012, 02:30 AM
The vote was 48-2 ?

Think of all the column space and broadcast minutes wasted on commentary about how Brees' records and hot second half performance was going to tighten up the voting. Did Wilde really track the votes for days as voters gave hints at or flat out admissions about who they voted for? Did Packer fans really have to spend several weeks wondering whether Rodgers would get what he earned?

MJZiggy
02-05-2012, 07:03 AM
The vote was 48-2 ?

Think of all the column space and broadcast minutes wasted on commentary about how Brees' records and hot second half performance was going to tighten up the voting. Did Wilde really track the votes for days as voters gave hints at or flat out admissions about who they voted for? Did Packer fans really have to spend several weeks wondering whether Rodgers would get what he earned?

Apparently not, but you have to keep the fans in suspense, you know. All I know is that it's pretty meaningless to have an awards show (and a lousy one at that) if you leak all the winners before the show.

Joemailman
02-05-2012, 07:40 AM
Randall Cobb won Play Of The Year for his 108 yard KO return against the Saints. http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120204/PKR01/120204075/Season-opening-kickoff-return-wins-Cobb-NFL-Play-Year-award

Randall had a sense of humor about it.

He said on stage he probably shouldn’t be here.

“If I did what I was supposed to do, which is stay in the end zone, like my coach told me, y’all probably wouldn’t know my name right now,” Cobb said.

pbmax
02-05-2012, 09:18 AM
The vote was 48-2 ?

Apparently not, but you have to keep the fans in suspense, you know. All I know is that it's pretty meaningless to have an awards show (and a lousy one at that) if you leak all the winners before the show.

You could either discern who didn't have a vote for MVP by those columns, or those with votes apparently needed more pageviews (Wilde doesn't have a vote).

Actually, I think the whole thing started when one columnist said they were switching, though I don't recall if they even had a vote. I think Harv pointed out in that thread that there was only one report of an actual voter thinking this aloud.

Upnorth
02-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I think it needs to be said again what an amazing year we had! 15-1, and great great games to watch. We did not win the SB but niether did 30 other teams. Many still can see some big success this year so why shouldn't we? MVP, wr's galore, decent) stable, very good oline, improved and finally good special teams, could of great defensive players. We have a team most other fans dream of.

Go pack go. Thanks for 2011, now let's get a dynasty rollin in 2012!

MadtownPacker
02-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Congrats to Rodgers. The award is for regular season MVP which he clearly was. Well earned but I imagine it doesnt remove much of the tarnish from the season's ending for him.

pbmax
02-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Its a great pelt on the wall to go with a Super Bowl trophy. Now to double up on the latter.

woodbuck27
02-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Congrats to Rodgers. The award is for regular season MVP which he clearly was. Well earned but I imagine it doesnt remove much of the tarnish from the season's ending for him.

That loss will make Aaron Rodgers better Mad.

GO PACKERS!

MJZiggy
02-05-2012, 01:57 PM
You could either discern who didn't have a vote for MVP by those columns, or those with votes apparently needed more pageviews (Wilde doesn't have a vote).

Actually, I think the whole thing started when one columnist said they were switching, though I don't recall if they even had a vote. I think Harv pointed out in that thread that there was only one report of an actual voter thinking this aloud.
I meant that the NFL was leaking them about an hour before the broadcast and they were all over Twitter and Facebook well before they were announced during the program.

pbmax
02-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I meant that the NFL was leaking them about an hour before the broadcast and they were all over Twitter and Facebook well before they were announced during the program.

The awards ceremony was broadcast 2 hours later on tape. The actual, real time awards, were hitting Twitter through all the assembled media. No explanation for the delay, except that they probably wanted to edit for content, commercials and breaks/delays in the actual event.

MJZiggy
02-05-2012, 03:10 PM
The awards ceremony was broadcast 2 hours later on tape. The actual, real time awards, were hitting Twitter through all the assembled media. No explanation for the delay, except that they probably wanted to edit for content, commercials and breaks/delays in the actual event.

They shouldn't do that anymore. It really ruins it. Well, that and the awful staged humor and complete lack of anything interesting.

pbmax
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
They shouldn't do that anymore. It really ruins it. Well, that and the awful staged humor and complete lack of anything interesting.

I liked the joke about Baldwin mistaking Matthews for Madonna.