PDA

View Full Version : The way to early 2012 predictions thread.

Upnorth
02-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Now that the 2011 season is in the history books time to move on.

Let's here some bold predictions!
Packers go 13-3 in regular season and beat the ravens in SB.
Packers win season opener in NYG 37-20.
Finley turns into a catching machine.
Cobb sets packers return records for punts and ko's.
Woodson returns an int for a TD tying his brother for the league record.
B gets on the bandwagon of some player we never heard of (well most of us) and he does better than expected in the draft.
TT drafts a dl, olb and s in the first three rounds.

I know its early, but I am really looking forward to next season.
Anyone else?
Also feel free to rag on me if its to soon for you sensitive types.

Brando19
02-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Charles and Rod Woodson are not related. Other than that...I like your post.
I think Finley has a big year with the Packers in 2012.
James Jones becomes the second best receiver on the team (I love Jordy, but I think JJ explodes next year)
Matthews finished the season with 11 sacks.
James Starks becomes the Packers starting RB.

Iron Mike
02-05-2012, 10:15 PM

He's got nowhere to go but up.....

Upnorth
02-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I also now predict this thread went nowhere fast.

MadtownPacker
02-06-2012, 08:29 PM
10-6 win the SB via domes.

Gunakor
02-07-2012, 12:32 AM
13-3 without a pass rush. 16-0 should we find one this summer. I have faith that Thompson can make this team one game better during the offseason. But even if he sits and does absolutely nothing in the coming months I don't see the current roster losing more than 3 games next year.

Gunakor
02-07-2012, 03:47 AM
For what it's worth - and I only post this link because this is the WAY TOO EARLY 2012 predictions thread - oddsmakers give Green Bay the best shot at winning SB XLVII.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/138789049.html

AtlPackFan
02-07-2012, 06:51 AM

B gets on the bandwagon of some player we never heard of (well most of us) and he does better than expected in the draft.

Anyone else?

Or, knowing how Ted's selections seldom make sense on draft day, he takes 2 wide receivers and a running back. :-)

AtlPackFan
02-07-2012, 06:55 AM
10-6 win the SB via domes.

I like this! Who are the dome teams? Atlanta, Detroit, New Orleans and then New Orleans again?

Gunakor
02-07-2012, 07:52 AM
I think we would be okay playing outdoors. Anywhere but here. Candlestick doesn't scare me, Lincoln Financial doesn't scare me, Soldier Field doesn't scare me, MetLife doesn't scare me. Lambeau Field kinda scares me. Here's hoping for a wild card berth in 2012!

denverYooper
02-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Randall Cobb will be a bigger part of the offense. He will become very good at turning short passes into 30 yard gains.

Joemailman
02-07-2012, 08:24 AM
TT will draft at least 1 offensive player in the first 3 rounds of the draft. . There will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth.

denverYooper
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM
TT will draft at least 1 offensive player in the first 3 rounds of the draft. . There will be a wailing and gnashing of teeth.

He'll take Cordy Glenn in the first round and collective apoplexy will ensue.

George Cumby
02-07-2012, 11:20 AM

Anyone else?

THAT'S the spirit!

Right on 'North.

I say 11-5 and winning it all.

Joemailman
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
19-0. Lombardi Trophy. White House. Gaudy ring.

Freak Out
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
Packers win the SB....and Brando continues to be a knuckle dragging, incestuous hillbilly. :)

ND72
02-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Finley's wife last night on Twitter wrote, "Buying my husband a catching coach for valentines. Shit's gonna stop"...I liked it. :)

I don't care what our record is as long as we make the playoffs and actually show up. I think this offseason is all about continuity, and upgrading our defense. If we can find 1 defensive starter in the draft, a legit starter, I feel it's a victory. Now if Collins is done, we might need 2 starters, but I'm hoping Collins is back.

ND72
02-07-2012, 11:40 AM
19-0. Lombardi Trophy. White House. Gaudy ring.

Would that ring be a huge middle finger? :) I would enjoy that ring!

pbmax
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
Holy cow, Finley is getting it from all sides. She is almost certainly kidding, but I am not sure even joking pressure is going to help his head.

Joemailman
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Holy cow, Finley is getting it from all sides. She is almost certainly kidding, but I am not sure even joking pressure is going to help his head.

She's pretty funny on Twitter:

Courtney Finley
Alright. Alright. It's time to get out of bed, stop emotionally binge drinking/eating, & come to terms w/ the Packers not playing today
22 Jan via Twitter for iPhone

swede
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM

Heh heh. I had the SAME thought. I could take it from my teammates. I could take it from my coaches and the fans.

I couldn't take it from my wife. No way. I'd go Jackie Gleason on her.

And every time that conical missile spiraled in toward my hands I would hear her verbal abuse grating against the neurons that were supposed to be firing away on a football reception pathway.

Joemailman
02-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Here's the actual exchange:

@JermichaelF88 we can laugh about it now. But that shit better get right by next season baby! I love u and believe in you! U got it!

Lol! @CourtFinley88 Just told me she is getting me a Ball Coach this offseason for Valentines Day. Gotta love her for always keepin it real.

sharpe1027
02-07-2012, 05:49 PM
First team ever to go 20-0.

Freak Out
02-07-2012, 06:17 PM
The Packers will have only one RB on the roster and that will be a FB.

Brando19
02-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Packers win the SB....and Brando continues to be a knuckle dragging, incestuous hillbilly. :)

Hey, man! At least I'm consistent! I drag my knuckles, I'm incestuous, and I make sweet sweet lovings to your mother on a regular basis!

pbmax
02-07-2012, 06:34 PM
TEs are so 2012. I am thinking either 6 guards or 2 long snappers. Maybe both.

Upnorth
02-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Come on guys let's keep the predictions real,

There is no way Brandon could get Freak outs mom! Everything else is feasible, especially the 6 guards and 2 long snappers.

George Cumby
02-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Hey, man! At least I'm consistent! I drag my knuckles, I'm incestuous, and I make sweet sweet lovings to your mother on a regular basis!

Does that mean Freak is your son, nephew or brother?

Now I am really confused.

Bretsky
02-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Bretsky's Bold 2012 Predication

1. Green Bay wins the Division but barely over da Detroit Lions
2. Jermichael Finley makes the Pro Bowl and some rats hastily squirm back onto his side and tell Brando he was right all along
3. Ted Thompson drafts one offense player with this first three picks that sends da Rats heads shaking as he passes up a legit pass rusher still on the board
4. Green Bay resigns da Bush; it's our punishment........but Patrick Lee finds another team to underachieve on
5. We all realize we overvalued Matt Flynn when TT decided to let him walk and he gets a decent, but not great contract from a team desperate for a QB

more to come

Brando19
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Come on guys let's keep the predictions real,

There is no way Brandon could get Freak outs mom! Everything else is feasible, especially the 6 guards and 2 long snappers.

Oh believe it, sucka! ;)

Brando19
02-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Does that mean Freak is your son, nephew or brother?

Now I am really confused.

No...he is my bitch.

Freak Out
02-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Bretsky's Bold 2012 Predication

1. Green Bay wins the Division but barely over da Detroit Lions
2. Jermichael Finley makes the Pro Bowl and some rats hastily squirm back onto his side and tell Brando he was right all along
3. Ted Thompson drafts one offense player with this first three picks that sends da Rats heads shaking as he passes up a legit pass rusher still on the board
4. Green Bay resigns da Bush; it's our punishment........but Patrick Lee finds another team to underachieve on
5. We all realize we overvalued Matt Flynn when TT decided to let him walk and he gets a decent, but not great contract from a team desperate for a QB

more to come

1. No....Stafford get injured and we top the Bears for the title.
2. Big Fin does go off but refuse to acknowledge Brando was right.
3. TT really does get the RB we've all dreamed about this time.
4. I could live with that.
5. Flynn has a heck of a year playing for the Titans.

6. Rodgers goes on SNL and is pretty good.
7. The OL is amazing in 2012.

sharpe1027
02-08-2012, 10:44 AM
After further review, 2012 the NFL schedule prevents two teams other than the Packers from going 16-0 during the regular season. Therefore 20-0 is not possible next year since it would require the Packers going 16-0 and still not getting the bye.

I revise my prediction to be the first team to go 19-0-1.

Upnorth
02-10-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm with freakout on the oline, it will be top 5 in 2012 (again).
I think this will be a very long offseason and we will have to over analyze only a few street free agents on d.
I think we will loose two games in a row at one point this season and many will call for MM and all the coaches to get fired!
Slocum won't get fired as his awesome kickers save his job again.

smuggler
02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
We'll be taking a QB in the draft somewhere. (Shocker, I know.)

Pugger
02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm with freakout on the oline, it will be top 5 in 2012 (again).
I think this will be a very long offseason and we will have to over analyze only a few street free agents on d.
I think we will loose two games in a row at one point this season and many will call for MM and all the coaches to get fired!
Slocum won't get fired as his awesome kickers save his job again.

I hope we don't lose 2 in a row but if we do all hell will break out. :roll:

Pugger
02-10-2012, 07:49 AM
We'll be taking a QB in the draft somewhere. (Shocker, I know.)

I wouldn't mind that, really, as long as its after the 3rd. Harrell will be okay but it won't hurt to have someone other than Hill wearing a red jersey this summer.

mmmdk
02-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Lions win the NFC North...yet Packers take the Lombardi Trophy back in wild card manner & burns all the road domes in its path to glory!

:pack:

Pugger
02-16-2012, 08:59 AM
Unless the Loins change their ways and not commit so many penalties they aren't gonna win the NFCN.

wist43
02-16-2012, 09:09 AM
TT won't draft a defensive player until his 4th pick...

1) OL
2) QB
3a) TE
3b) CB
5a) OL
5b) RB
5c) WR
6a) DB
6b) WR

Pretty sure that prediction is in the bag... never been more confident of anything.

smuggler
02-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Our schedule should be pretty tough next year. We will have to play the Lions twice. We also play the Seahawks (tough at home), Giants, and Texans on the road. We also play the Saints and 49ers at home.

Drawing the Saints at home is as big a deal as drawing the Seahawks on the road.

Cheesehead Craig
02-16-2012, 10:53 AM
Packers go 12-4 and win it all.
The RBs go down yet again but TT finds some player who does enough to get us all excited about his potential.
Gurley gets to play in a game and puts up some huge numbers which starts the debate if we should keep him and trade Jones.
Finley drops a pass in the endzone, but it then goes off of Nelson and then off of Driver for the rare trifecta of drops on the same play.
Sherrod comes out of camp as the starting LT and has a great season.