PDA

View Full Version : Home Run for esnp ===== MORE CHUCKEEEEEEE

Bretsky
02-16-2012, 06:30 AM
MNF
Jaws is out (I do think he did a good job as well)

Tirico and Chuckeeeeeee are the Cheez......they are in as ESPN will just feature only two in the booth next year

I know da haters will come out strong here, but IMO Chuckeee is a great combo of an entertaining blowhard with some solid football analysis mixed in.

Since the Rams were unable to hire the best candidate I'm at least happy his role in Monday Night Football is Expanded

swede
02-16-2012, 07:35 AM
Jaws made Chucky look bad, what with all his knowledge and stuff.

Coaching candidates of Chucky's magnitude get whatever coaching job they want, unless they go into their interviews winging it with few specifics and a clear lack of preparation in comparison to the other candidates.

Lucky for Chucky that blowharding goes over big on TV.

Signed,

Da first hate out of da gate.

ThunderDan
02-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Every week Chuckie (and the whole crew) goes on and on about how some player is the best player ever. First it's ARod when GB is playing, then its Brees the next week when NO is playing, then it's Shaub when HOU is playing ..........

It's sickening to listen to. I want to know about the game.

Scott Campbell
02-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Remember back when MNF meant something?

Zool
02-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Remember back when announcers didnt suck balls? Me neither.

Pugger
02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Every week Chuckie (and the whole crew) goes on and on about how some player is the best player ever. First it's ARod when GB is playing, then its Brees the next week when NO is playing, then it's Shaub when HOU is playing ..........

It's sickening to listen to. I want to know about the game.

This drives me crazy too. Not every player in these games is the GOAT, Jon. :roll:

Lurker64
02-16-2012, 08:57 AM
MNF was barely watchable last year, I don't think this improves the product any.

Cheesehead Craig
02-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Bring back Fouts!

smuggler
02-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Al Michaels was pretty awesome in the 90s on MNF.

Freak Out
02-16-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't have ESPN..... but I really would prefer it if they paired Oprah with Ellen just to drive you fuckers crazy.

channtheman
02-16-2012, 02:16 PM
With Gruden, even a guy like Zombo can be made to sound like the GOAT. All it takes is one sack and there goes Gruden off on a tangent about Zombo and the HOF.

pbmax
02-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Remember back when announcers didnt suck balls? Me neither.

Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshire. Madden wasn't as good, though far more entertaining.

pbmax
02-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshire. Madden wasn't as good, though far more entertaining.

Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen. Don Criqui and Bob Trumpy. Anyone and Matt Millen. Verne Lundquist and Terry Bradshaw (not too much X and O, but very funny). Charlie Jones and either Len Dawson or Bob Griese (Jimmy Cefalo was terrible). Jack Buck and Hank Stram (radio).

Marv Albert and Paul Maguire (no football, but very funny).

pbmax
02-16-2012, 02:52 PM
On as for the topic at hand, yecch. Boy Genius should return to coaching where we can disprove his qualifications. He is more Barry Switzer than Don Shula.

Patler
02-16-2012, 04:50 PM
Now I don't have to wonder if I should listen to MNF, I won't. Not even if the Packers are playing.

Freak Out
02-16-2012, 06:57 PM
I have gotten used to listening to the radio broadcast of MNF with Westwood One.

Joemailman
02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Perhaps with Jaws not there to provide color commentary, Gruden will actually have to fill that role, instead of trying to get his player of the week inducted into the HOF. One can only hope.

Upnorth
02-16-2012, 08:18 PM
I have gotten used to listening to the radio broadcast of MNF with Westwood One.

When I can I turn on the radio and mute tv coverage. At least on the radio they are good at down and distance. To me tell me who made the tackle and what o and d packages were and nothing else. IE: its 2nd and 8, shotgun fornation, d has a nickle package. Ball is snapped, hand of to grant up the gut for 3, tackled by allen. Its 3rf and 5.

If that was all that was said football would be so much more awesome. Heck switch to an all 22 camera angle and only give down and distance. Maybe I'm in the minority but I wish they didn't need to fill the airtime completly.

swede
02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
It sucks that the radio is always ahead of TV. I could slow the TV down with the DVR, but not vice-versa. I used to really enjoy radio/TV customcasts.

pbmax
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM
It sucks that the radio is always ahead of TV. I could slow the TV down with the DVR, but not vice-versa. I used to really enjoy radio/TV customcasts.

On WIBA out of Madison, they broadcast on both AM and FM and they try to delay the FM to match the TV. Its like living in a time warp during a Packer or Badger game. Though it is fun to know a 3 point shot is going to be good well before the release of the ball while you are listening to the AM side.

channtheman
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM
When I can I turn on the radio and mute tv coverage. At least on the radio they are good at down and distance. To me tell me who made the tackle and what o and d packages were and nothing else. IE: its 2nd and 8, shotgun fornation, d has a nickle package. Ball is snapped, hand of to grant up the gut for 3, tackled by allen. Its 3rf and 5.

If that was all that was said football would be so much more awesome. Heck switch to an all 22 camera angle and only give down and distance. Maybe I'm in the minority but I wish they didn't need to fill the airtime completly.

We probably are in the minority but I agree. I would love a camera that shows the whole field so we can see how the defense is lining up, who is subbing in/out, etc. Then just have the announcers give a play by play and 1 guy to bring our attention to injuries and things like that.

Lurker64
02-16-2012, 11:38 PM
Heck switch to an all 22 camera angle and only give down and distance.

While every serious fan of football would love this, the networks would never stand for it. The reason? If you actually show people what's happening in coverage, you will expose a great number of platitude lazy commentators rely on as hogwash (e.g. "he takes the top off the defense" for a WR who can only run a 9-route), and many football analysts will be revealed to be idiots, undermining the credibility of the networks. I mean, they're idiots whether or not they show us the 22s, but they just don't want us to know that.

Upnorth
02-17-2012, 06:55 AM
My question is how do coaches who were considered good at their jobs tend to blah blah on about individual efforts instead of explaining intricacies of the game. I love it when a coach explains some details about the play but hate how they extrapolate into immediate greatness!

pbmax
02-17-2012, 04:20 PM
My question is how do coaches who were considered good at their jobs tend to blah blah on about individual efforts instead of explaining intricacies of the game. I love it when a coach explains some details about the play but hate how they extrapolate into immediate greatness!

The broadcast is not designed for folks who want the all 22. The people they are aiming at need all the help they can get to just follow the football. Broadcasters KNOW you are watching. They want all your relatives.

Lurker64
02-17-2012, 04:49 PM
I like the poll on PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/17/a-monday-night-football-poll-you-wont-see-on-espn-com/

gbgary
02-17-2012, 07:07 PM
chuckie is ok. his everyone's-a-hall-of-famer gets old very quickly each game though. i'd rather they'd have dropped him than jaws.

Bretsky
02-17-2012, 11:32 PM
chuckie is ok. his everyone's-a-hall-of-famer gets old very quickly each game though. i'd rather they'd have dropped him than jaws.

How quickly some forget the nightmares of Dennis Miller and Tony Kornhole. Chuckeee is solid

channtheman
02-17-2012, 11:57 PM
How quickly some forget the nightmares of Dennis Miller and Tony Kornhole. Chuckeee is solid

Kornhole was terrible, but Gruden is hardly solid. His constant blabbering about every one being HOF and the GOAT makes him awful to listen to. So much so that by the time he may have said something interesting and brought insight into the game, you've already muted the TV.

Upnorth
02-18-2012, 08:00 AM
I think Gruden wants in the hall and this is the only way he has a shot. If the hall relaxes it standards so anybody who made one decent play is worthy he could get in as a coach!

PS Conspiracies are everywhere when you look for them.

Jimx29
02-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Unearth Howard Cosell FTW

Brandon494
02-19-2012, 04:19 AM
You guys need to watch these MNF games at the bar more often that way you don't have to worry about hearing these guys.

sheepshead
02-19-2012, 07:30 AM
I like John Gruden. Is there any announcer you guys like? All I ever see are complaints.

pbmax
02-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Put Jaworski back on and drop Chucky. Though Jaworski has been ESPN programmed to death. He is not nearly as informative as he used to be.

Or bring back Fouts.

Lurker64
02-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Is there any announcer you guys like? All I ever see are complaints.

I like Colinsworth and Mayock.

Brandon494
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
I like Gus Johnson myself

Cleft Crusty
02-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Gus Johnson is an excellent play-by-play guy. Howard David was great the last time Clefty heard him on the radio. James Lofton is a complete analyst. He knows his football, but doesn't drop any great, exciting, character-building lines like "Boom!" and "Doink!" and won't measure the extent of sweat pouring down a lineman's rear end - so don't expect him to make a Fox broadcast any time soon.

sheepshead
02-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Collinsworth and Aikman are the best IMO. Al Michaels is classic. Phil Sims in his pronunciation is the only guy that gets under my skin.

Pugger
02-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Collingsworth is okay but I got sick of hearing Aikman and Buck at almost every cotton pickin' Fox game of ours last year! :talk: Maybe in 2012 the gnats will have to endure those two clowns calling all of their games instead. :lol:

swede
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
I think Aikman is knowledgeable and communicates well. I think his problem may be that he has has horrible eyesight, leading him to say things that in no way match what is happening on the screen.

Cheesehead Craig
02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Or bring back Fouts.
Thats what I said. Best analyst out there, IMOBOLOO or whatever the hell that acronym is.

I agree with Brandon that Gus Johnson is the best play-by-play guy out there.

Freak Out
02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm sick and tired of Aikman.....hated him as a Cowboy and like him less as a announcer. Buck is an annoying little fuck.