PDA

View Full Version : Sad story about a pretty amazing Packer fan

Spaulding
02-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Thought I was a dedicated Packers fan until I read this. Unfortunately the ending is sad and so I apologize for being a downer on a Friday but felt the story was touching enough to pass on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/anthony-shadid-followed-the-green-bay-packers-with-love-from-a-distance?urn=nfl,wp19061

Cleft Crusty
02-17-2012, 02:54 PM
This reminds me of when Michael Kelly died in Iraq in 2003. Nothing can be more noble for a journalist than dying in action, especially from a pre-existing medical condition. I've done it twice.

MJZiggy
02-17-2012, 06:53 PM
This reminds me of when Michael Kelly died in Iraq in 2003. Nothing can be more noble for a journalist than dying in action, especially from a pre-existing medical condition. I've done it twice.

Mike Kelly was a relation by marriage. Was a very sad time in the family. This was a nice story though. It sounds like he had an incredible, if short, life.

KYPack
02-18-2012, 08:00 AM
The Packers are a global team. We got a Mexican in Fresno and Hadid in Syria. Anthony sounds like a great guy. At least he got to see the Lombardi come back home again before he died.

The circle is smaller by one.

MJZiggy
02-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Maybe so, KY, but there have been more born since he left us. Such is life.

Kiwon
02-19-2012, 04:11 AM
I can identify with Shadid in that you do what you gotta do to listen.

I've pulled a few all nighters to listen to an early game or couldn't sleep at all before Brett was going up against the Vikings in the Metrodome. Unfortunately, I was in the States to see the 6 INTs game against the Rams. That's one game that was painful to watch.

Or was it the 4 and 26 against the Eagles? Or not running for a first down against the Vikings? Or maybe the INT against the Giants? Dang you, Brett! Grr........