PDA

View Full Version : DeSean Jackson

Brando19
02-24-2012, 06:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/24/eagles-reportedly-open-to-trade-offers-for-desean-jackson/

The Eagles plan on tagging Jackson and listening to trade offers. I don't see the packers in the mix because Cobb and Jackson are so similar. Chris Mortensen said he heard a rumor that the Eagles and Rams will discuss a trade in which the Eagles will send their first round pick and DeSean Jackson to the Rams for their number 2 overall pick to take RGIII.

Bretsky
02-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Being a guy who supports the Rams, I'd be disappointed if they made this deal. I'm OK with Jackson but he showed signed as a person that I'd rather not have on my team.

Brandon494
02-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Jackson on turf would be fun to watch.

Bretsky
02-24-2012, 06:32 PM
That is very true
I wonder if the Rams could get trade value for Bradford.

Being an extremist, they pay him a boatoad of money with the old cap.

They could trade Bradford, draft RG, and sign some real talent with the Bradford money

Lurker64
02-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Anybody who trades for Desean Jackson and pays him around the franchise rate is going to regret it, IMO. He's honestly one of the more overrated WRs in the league. He makes flashy plays that make the highlight reel, but his catch rate is terrible and he's kind of a pain in the ass.

pittstang5
02-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Anybody who trades for Desean Jackson and pays him around the franchise rate is going to regret it, IMO. He's honestly one of the more overrated WRs in the league. He makes flashy plays that make the highlight reel, but his catch rate is terrible and he's kind of a pain in the ass.

Well Said

sheepshead
02-25-2012, 07:25 AM

Not a guy I would want on my team.

Upnorth
02-25-2012, 08:04 AM
I think bretsky is right about trying to trade Bradford and drafting RG. The problem is no one would take Bradford with that salary, plus he is looking like he might be a bust.

KYPack
02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Not a guy I would want on my team.

Really.

He ain't Packer People.

From the sound of it, he ain't even Eagle People.

Tony Oday
02-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Overrated, pain in the ass, me first WR. A team would need one Hell of a team leader to beat the crap out of him when he Rod Tidwells.

smuggler
02-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Jackson's the definition of SEP; Someone else's problem.

MJZiggy
02-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Really.

He ain't Packer People.

Bengals or Raiders?

Guiness
02-25-2012, 03:47 PM
Really.

He ain't Packer People.

Who would be just below Eagle people? Have we defined that?

They're above Bear and Raider people, who are keeping the low water mark real low, along with Bengal people. They're below Ram, Charger and Tampa people, who are not bad sorts, for the most part. Eagle people and Giant people are pretty interchangeable. My guess is that he's Jet/Bronco/Detroit people.

Cheesehead Craig
02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Rumor here from Paul Allen (the radio voice of the Vikes) is that the Vikes are targeting DeSean. Don't be shocked if they get him.

Joemailman
02-25-2012, 05:09 PM
I think bretsky is right about trying to trade Bradford and drafting RG. The problem is no one would take Bradford with that salary, plus he is looking like he might be a bust.

I don't think he's a bust. He has maybe the worst group of receivers in the league. He needs some weapons to have a chance.

That is very true
I wonder if the Rams could get trade value for Bradford.

Being an extremist, they pay him a boatoad of money with the old cap.

They could trade Bradford, draft RG, and sign some real talent with the Bradford money

If they trade Bradford, they would have a cap hit of 15 million in 2012 because of his signing bonus. For better of for worse, they're stuck with him for a while. As I said above, he needs some weapons. Word is the Rams are interested in trading down. That would be a good move for a team that has many needs.

Upnorth
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
1. I don't want Ponder to have Desean as a target, as that is an upgrade (for the first year at least)
2. Bradford is a less acurate Chad Pennington.

Lurker64
02-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Rumor here from Paul Allen (the radio voice of the Vikes) is that the Vikes are targeting DeSean. Don't be shocked if they get him.

The Vikings are in a bad cap situation and Paul Allen thinks the Vikings are a significantly more attractive destination to NFL players than literally any other human being would figure (and some really smart dogs.)

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2012, 11:47 PM

You should know by now that other than his 1st couple of rounds draft predictions, Paul Allen is wrong on just about everything. :)

HarveyWallbangers
02-25-2012, 11:49 PM
1. I don't want Ponder to have Desean as a target, as that is an upgrade (for the first year at least)
2. Bradford is a less acurate Chad Pennington.

I'm not sure Ponder is even going to be the guy anymore. There are some that think Webb has just as much potential and they are in a position to draft RG. If they think he's somebody they can't pass up, I wouldn't be surprised if the Ponder experiment is already over. We'll see. Ponder actually looked okay for a rookie, but the knocks on him (fragile and deer in the headlights when the pressure is on) were kind of apparent as a rookie. Dilfer might have gotten one right. :)