PDA

View Full Version : "PACKERS DRAFT OUTLOOK"

Bretsky
02-26-2012, 02:15 AM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/draft-outlook-es4aae2-140451293.html

A great read for those wanting to browse at a list of players TT will be choosing from. McGinn is usually pretty accurate with these lists.

Vinny Curry looks all too good of a fit...intense...fiery...smash mouth.

packrulz
02-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Very good article. I like Curry too, I like Zach Brown a lot, even if they just use him on passing downs. This draft will be heavy on the defense, and I think TT should draft a CB every year too, Gilmore has the size and experience. There will be some good players left at pick #28.
This mock has TT taking Perry: http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1_17-32.asp

Joemailman
02-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Interesting they have Perry listed at 271 lbs. I'd seen him listed a slow as 250. The 250 may have been an old number. The article mentioned something I had heard about Perry though. He tries to go around guys. Strictly an outside speed rusher. I wonder if TT thinks Kevin Greene would be able to change that.

Lurker64
02-26-2012, 07:52 AM
Seems premature to do this article now, since the DEs and DTs are going to move around based on how guys run tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion that Nick Perry will end up in the "as good as gone" category after his performance on Monday. I'm not sure we want him, but I think he can be a top 15 pick, particularly since he's more scheme diverse than a guy like Ingram or Upshaw.

Curry would be fine (I have a fondness for Marshall pass rushers) but I'd really prefer Fletcher Cox or Devon Still in the first. I'd trade up for either of those guys, to be honest.

Bretsky
02-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Seems premature to do this article now, since the DEs and DTs are going to move around based on how guys run tomorrow. I have a sneaking suspicion that Nick Perry will end up in the "as good as gone" category after his performance on Monday. I'm not sure we want him, but I think he can be a top 15 pick, particularly since he's more scheme diverse than a guy like Ingram or Upshaw.

Curry would be fine (I have a fondness for Marshall pass rushers) but I'd really prefer Fletcher Cox or Devon Still in the first. I'd trade up for either of those guys, to be honest.

I'm not trading up....but I'd ponderCox if he slips...don't expect that. As for Still, I'm not that sold. He looks very good at times and seems to disappear at others

Lurker64
02-26-2012, 10:36 AM
As for Still, I'm not that sold. He looks very good at times and seems to disappear at others

Still's main problem is his hand use. If you watch a Penn State game from early last year, and then a Penn State game from late last year, you'll notice that he's improved noticeably in that department. It's unlikely that he will regress by "forgetting what he learned."

Fritz
02-26-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm not trading up....but I'd ponderCox if he slips...don't expect that. As for Still, I'm not that sold. He looks very good at times and seems to disappear at others

I am concerned that you are pondering Cox.

smuggler
02-26-2012, 01:21 PM
We may trade back into the top of the 2nd and net another pick, in the 3rd or 4th round.

MJZiggy
02-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I am concerned that you are pondering Cox.

You have the dirtiest mind of just about anyone on this board. It is one of the things I truly appreciate about you...

woodbuck27
03-10-2012, 08:03 AM
You have the dirtiest mind of just about anyone on this board. It is one of the things I truly appreciate about you...

MJ do you shave with a Gilette or a Schick?