PDA

View Full Version : It just got tougher for the Bears to sign Forte long term

Guiness
03-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Seahawks just gave Lynch a 4yr $31 million deal, and Arian Foster picked up a 5yr deal. No numbers yet, but you can bet it will push the market for Forte (and Rice) up.

smuggler
03-05-2012, 02:06 PM
More importantly, Foster signed a bigger deal with the Texans. Wheeeee!

red
03-05-2012, 05:17 PM
forte > foster

looks like he will no longer be a bear. they won't cough up the dough for him

SkinBasket
03-05-2012, 05:44 PM
forte > foster

my cock > your nose

In other words, you're wrong. About Foster being "less than" Forte.

mraynrand
03-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Foster is a much better RB than Forte - running the ball. I like Forte better as a pass receiver, but Foster is no slouch. Didn't he have some crazy-spectacular screen play against the Ravens in the playoffs?

Joemailman
03-05-2012, 06:12 PM
forte > foster

I wish you were right, but I think you're wrong. Forte is Cutler's security blanket. They have too much invested in Cutler to let Forte go.

Forte > Foster

red
03-05-2012, 08:26 PM
when foster went down with an injury the texans then had other running backs that stepped up and looked almost as good didn't they?

without forte the bears are fucked

mraynrand
03-05-2012, 10:01 PM
when foster went down with an injury the texans then had other running backs that stepped up and looked almost as good didn't they?

I wouldn't say almost as good. They were adequate. That the Bears suffered without Forte just shows the paucity of talent on the offensive side of the ball. That's on the GM - probably why he isn't there anymore.

HarveyWallbangers
03-05-2012, 10:36 PM

This is kind of a lame take. The Bears didn't have Ben Tate as a backup. If he weren't sitting behind Foster, Tate would be one of the best RBs in football. Forte had a washed up Marion Barber.

I think Forte is a good all around player, but I don't think he's all that. I've never been overly concerned about facing Matt Forte when we play the Bears. I hope the Bears overpay for him.

smuggler
03-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Foster is a better back than Forte.

mraynrand
03-06-2012, 01:00 AM
I think Forte is a good all around player, but I don't think he's all that. I've never been overly concerned about facing Matt Forte when we play the Bears. I hope the Bears overpay for him.

He'd worry you a lot more with a decent TE and a WR or two on their roster. Until they get that, it's just bit easier to shut them down. But Forte still gets his yards - he has carried the Bears' O in a lot of games, including against GB.

George Cumby
03-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't say almost as good. They were adequate. That the Bears suffered without Forte just shows the paucity of talent on the offensive side of the ball. That's on the GM - probably why he isn't there anymore.

Nice.