PDA

View Full Version : Gloat Away: Brian Brohm Draft Pick Analysis

pbmax
03-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Oh, I forgot about this. Factorback and McShay both thought Brohm could unseat Rodgers as the Packers starting QB. Factorback liked Brohm more than Rodgers though was concerned about accuracy. McShay was all in but hedged that Rodgers could develop and hold onto the job as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0BIKmoq0s&noredirect=1

Spaulding
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
Merrill Hodge is about as bright as they come. Insert "John Doe" off the street and they'd have almost a good of chance of predicting success. Outside of Mayock, is there really any draft guru that is worth listening to? I still laugh when I hear Kiper GUARANTEE that Jimmy Clausen is the best quarterback of the draft and absolutely be successful in the NFL.

A little early to say at this point and he was thrown to the wolves in his rookie year but he's really shown no glimpses of anything to suggest a starter down the road. Same goes for all those draft experts on Brady Quinn. As one of my son's is prone to overuse - EPIC FAIL.

KYPack
03-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Brohm turned out to be our own little Ryan Leaf. He might have been a high #1 pick if he had turned pro after his junior year. I was very high on him bc I had seen him flat out light it up for UL. UL was always on TV around here then & I drank a ton of Brohm Kool-Aid.

Flynn was a 7th for us that draft. I "knew" he'd never make it. He had an awful game vs UK in Lexington. They blitzed the shit out of him and ran him right off the field that day. That game made me think he'd never hang in against an NFL D.

Oh, how wrong you can be at times!

Pugger
03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Ryan Leaf was a moronic hot head. Brohm is no NFL QB, but that is a low blow to compare him to RL! ;-)

Isn't this video a hoot tho?? They thought Brohm was gonna be better than Rodgers? :lol: Of course we have the benefit of 20/20 but still....

ND72
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
I liked Brohm in college, but never drank the kool-aid. That being said, oh how Brady Quinn has made me cry and eat crow. I've never seen a guy carry a team like Quinn did at Notre Dame against good competition while he was in college, and then flat out suck. I still trade for him on Madden though...

smuggler
03-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Quinn would be a good QB if he had any semblance of accuracy.

ND72
03-07-2012, 11:23 AM
And, to be truthful, his dream might have been to play for Cleveland, but they have been so inconsistent as an organization that Quinn never truly stood a chance. I still think McCoy could be OK if they just stick with him, give him some weapons, build up a defense, and grow. Cleveland has gone through as many QB's as Chicago has. Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy..and MANY others. I like McCoy, I think he has the tools, he just needs help. I personally think Cleveland should sit with #4 and #22 and get some players. Draft a Blackmon and #4, and a top Defensive player at #22 or a top RB there. Get some OL help, whatever, but drafting another top QB just seems like the wrong direction for that team.

Joemailman
03-07-2012, 05:25 PM
During the Favre drama, did I suggest the Packers could trade Rodgers and groom Brohm to replace Favre? Or was that just a bad dream?

MJZiggy
03-07-2012, 05:39 PM
During the Favre drama, did I suggest the Packers could trade Rodgers and groom Brohm to replace Favre? Or was that just a bad dream?

Had you, perhaps, just had a visit with Madtown at that particular juncture?

woodbuck27
03-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Had you, perhaps, just had a visit with Madtown at that particular juncture?

Geeesssh ! I wouldn't even imagined such a possibility. Surely we all saw looking forward that Aaron Rodgers would be a a big success as long as he didn't sit at the end of the bench. (-;