PDA

View Full Version : Hey computer nerds... again

SkinBasket
03-08-2012, 06:08 PM
So I got this thing with Firefox and Flash, which seems to be an issue that occasionally happens to people, where firefox cannot or will not acknowledge Flash is present. Instead, when you check the plug-ins, you get the message "For your safety, Firefox has disabled your outdated version of Flash. Please upgrade to the latest version."

I've obviously updated flash - a dozen times, checked for older versions of flash, I've updated all the other plug-ins, I tried moving the dll into the mozilla plug-in directory manually, and I've also tried about a couple dozen other fart in the mouth fixes that aren't working.

This is a serious problem, as I am currently unable to play bejeweled blitz, or do anything else flash related. Well, actually I could if I used another browser, but I don't want to. So please, nerds, help me!

MJZiggy
03-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Did you restart?

mraynrand
03-08-2012, 08:27 PM
Step 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrdrfdAl44&feature=related

Step 2: Purchase new computer

Zool
03-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Backup your favorites first then uninstall Firefox completely. After the Windows uninstall, delete the entirety including the prefs stored in your user profile.

Reinstall Firefox, then go to www.flash.com and do the install when it starts up.

Scott Campbell
03-09-2012, 11:02 AM
So I got this thing with Firefox and Flash, which seems to be an issue that occasionally happens to people, where firefox cannot or will not acknowledge Flash is present. Instead, when you check the plug-ins, you get the message "For your safety, Firefox has disabled your outdated version of Flash. Please upgrade to the latest version."

I've obviously updated flash - a dozen times, checked for older versions of flash, I've updated all the other plug-ins, I tried moving the dll into the mozilla plug-in directory manually, and I've also tried about a couple dozen other fart in the mouth fixes that aren't working.

This is a serious problem, as I am currently unable to play bejeweled blitz, or do anything else flash related. Well, actually I could if I used another browser, but I don't want to. So please, nerds, help me!

Make up with Partial, and then ask him to help.

SkinBasket
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Backup your favorites first then uninstall Firefox completely. After the Windows uninstall, delete the entirety including the prefs stored in your user profile.

Reinstall Firefox, then go to www.flash.com and do the install when it starts up.

That's way too much work.

SkinBasket
03-09-2012, 12:43 PM
I swear to God Zool, if I go through all this trouble and it's still fucked up, I will find you and punch you right in your gunt.

Zool
03-09-2012, 01:36 PM
I swear to God Zool, if I go through all this trouble and it's still fucked up, I will find you and punch you right in your gunt.

Thats a solid 4 minutes of work ya lazy shit.

SkinBasket
03-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Thats a solid 4 minutes of work ya lazy shit.

Except I'm going to have to spend a couple hours looking up all the usernames and passwords that autofill.

Freak Out
03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Just use Chrome for fucks sake. You do use gmail correct? have a Google sign in? If not just get it over with. They might be the new evil but at least you never have to worry about backing up favorites and passwords.

SkinBasket
03-09-2012, 05:31 PM
My wife uses chrome. I don't want to have to log-in and out all the time, so I use my good ol' zilla.

Anyway, luckily for Zool, uninstalling and manually deleting the remaining folders (that I told it to delete during the uninstall) worked. Thanks.