Brando19
03-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Best show on tv...period.

mraynrand
03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
beware the zombie holocaust!

mraynrand
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
http://rlv.zcache.co.uk/zombie_outbreak_response_team_bumper_sticker-p128921894215029187z74sk_400.jpg

mraynrand
03-10-2012, 12:41 PM
http://store.blackpawmedia.com/assets/images/zombie_bumper_sticker.jpg

mraynrand
03-10-2012, 12:42 PM
http://cache1.bigcartel.com/product_images/2553258/honorstudent.JPG

mraynrand
03-10-2012, 12:45 PM
http://cdn.walyou.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/01/Zombie-Family-Car-Stickers.jpg

mraynrand
03-10-2012, 12:45 PM
http://origin.kaboodle.com/hi/img/c/0/0/179/7/AAAADDqdmKQAAAAAAXl6ng.jpg?v=1313629079000

SkinBasket
03-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Wrong.

Nice show, but not the best. Especially this fucking season.

swede
03-10-2012, 03:35 PM
http://cdn.walyou.com/wp-content/uploads//2012/01/Zombie-Family-Car-Stickers.jpg

My kind of family. If you don't have something nice to say come and sit next to me.

"My Zombie Ate Your Honor Student" is pretty good also, but I think that one is still edged out by "My Border Collie is Smarter than your Honor Student" because of the truth factor.

Brando19
03-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Wrong.

Nice show, but not the best. Especially this fucking season.

This season is a little slow at times...but when it's good....it's GOOD! So what do you think is the best show on right now?

Brando19
03-10-2012, 03:52 PM

This is a good one.

woodbuck27
03-10-2012, 05:32 PM

A solid review here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_series)

MJZiggy
03-10-2012, 06:38 PM
My kind of family. If you don't have something nice to say come and sit next to me.

"My Zombie Ate Your Honor Student" is pretty good also, but I think that one is still edged out by "My Border Collie is Smarter than your Honor Student" because of the truth factor.

I'm not sure about that. I have here what I believe to be a border collie/sheltie mix who is truly an adorable blue-eyed little girl, but dumb as a brick.

swede
03-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure about that. I have here what I believe to be a border collie/sheltie mix who is truly an adorable blue-eyed little girl, but dumb as a brick.

That may be. My comment was more reflective of the Honor Students I have known. Your adorable mix may still be more worthy in a Darwinian sense, although that trip to the vet may have set back her chances to advance the 'ol DNA.

To your point, I find Shelties were a little overbred and they did get kind of neurotically yippy. Maybe the sheltie is dumbing down the border collie. I know a border collie that can differentiate between objects and fetch the one you ask for. I knew another long ago that actually herded the small children in a family, keeping them safe in the yard. And the working border collies blend instinct, training, and imitation of other dogs to the point that they can bring a particular sheep or a particular number of sheep to a farmer from several hundred yards away by responding to whistled commands.

What it is is that I harbor a little streak of non-conformity that makes me delight in making fun of people that decorate their cars with the news that their child is an honor student or little mini picture of me, the missus, and the kids.

SkinBasket
03-11-2012, 09:31 AM
This season is a little slow at times...but when it's good....it's GOOD! So what do you think is the best show on right now?

Thats a tough one. Walking Dead is near the top. I think Southland has better writing and acting, and while I watch it, I just don't find police dramas that engrossing. On the flip side, I know Top Chef isn't as "good" of a show, but I like it better than Walking Dead. I still think Justified still has an edge on the rest despite the writing and plot dropping off a bit from the first season. Same with Archer. Hard to keep that comedic edge without becoming stale. There might be a couple others I'm forgetting right now because they just aren't on.

I just hope Walking Dead pulls back and stops following the 2-3 characters so closely at the expense of the rest, especially since everyone's just sitting there slack jawed with their thumb up their ass. You would think that black guy was dead for how much air time he's got this season. And crossbow guy is infinitely more interesting than the whole baby drama. Glenn got his moment, but then they took the typical "can't allow anyone to find happiness in a good drama" path and made him look like a dick without fleshing out his character enough to allow sympathy.

MJZiggy
03-11-2012, 10:06 AM
That may be. My comment was more reflective of the Honor Students I have known. Your adorable mix may still be more worthy in a Darwinian sense, although that trip to the vet may have set back her chances to advance the 'ol DNA.

To your point, I find Shelties were a little overbred and they did get kind of neurotically yippy. Maybe the sheltie is dumbing down the border collie. I know a border collie that can differentiate between objects and fetch the one you ask for. I knew another long ago that actually herded the small children in a family, keeping them safe in the yard. And the working border collies blend instinct, training, and imitation of other dogs to the point that they can bring a particular sheep or a particular number of sheep to a farmer from several hundred yards away by responding to whistled commands.

What it is is that I harbor a little streak of non-conformity that makes me delight in making fun of people that decorate their cars with the news that their child is an honor student or little mini picture of me, the missus, and the kids.

You'll be happy to know that before I got her, my girl had had a puppy, so the DNA carries on! I had to drop her out of the visiting dog program because she kept getting nippy with the other dogs. Too bad because the little attention hound was perfect for the role with the humans. I could never have a pure border collie, because I don't have a job for it and they need jobs. FYI, my car carries no evidence of my honor student's status, nor are there little people on my car because we couldn't find one that showed a raving football fan mom and a STEM geek kid who likes Mario and programming in Scratch.

Brando19
03-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Thats a tough one. Walking Dead is near the top. I think Southland has better writing and acting, and while I watch it, I just don't find police dramas that engrossing. On the flip side, I know Top Chef isn't as "good" of a show, but I like it better than Walking Dead. I still think Justified still has an edge on the rest despite the writing and plot dropping off a bit from the first season. Same with Archer. Hard to keep that comedic edge without becoming stale. There might be a couple others I'm forgetting right now because they just aren't on.

I just hope Walking Dead pulls back and stops following the 2-3 characters so closely at the expense of the rest, especially since everyone's just sitting there slack jawed with their thumb up their ass. You would think that black guy was dead for how much air time he's got this season. And crossbow guy is infinitely more interesting than the whole baby drama. Glenn got his moment, but then they took the typical "can't allow anyone to find happiness in a good drama" path and made him look like a dick without fleshing out his character enough to allow sympathy.

I like the first half of Justified Season one...then I got bored. Sons of Anarchy is pretty good.
I know what you mean about the show following a couple characters. The black guy (he's never on so i don't remember his name) makes appearances here and there. Darryl (crossbow guy) is very interesting and I have a feeling we'll see alot of him next season. The reason I believe that is I think his brother will be with the group of 30 guys that raped those two girls. Season three should be good.

Iron Mike
03-11-2012, 05:33 PM

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0bkrzznlp1r7lcuio1_500.gif

Brando19
03-11-2012, 08:34 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0bkrzznlp1r7lcuio1_500.gif

I've tried watching that show....but it's just too weird! I usually like weird shows, but I just can't get into that one.

Deputy Nutz
03-11-2012, 08:54 PM
We watch the Walking Dead, but I am waiting for it to get better and I am fighting back disappointment.

Justified is soo much better, and I won't even piss all over it like Skinbasket just did to make myself sound smart about tv writing.
Archer is funny, but it is a difficult show because your supposed to laugh over and over again at the same jokes. Sort of like the Simpsons.
Otherwise all I seem to watch is sports or reality tv.

Brando19
03-11-2012, 09:32 PM
We watch the Walking Dead, but I am waiting for it to get better and I am fighting back disappointment.

Justified is soo much better, and I won't even piss all over it like Skinbasket just did to make myself sound smart about tv writing.
Archer is funny, but it is a difficult show because your supposed to laugh over and over again at the same jokes. Sort of like the Simpsons.
Otherwise all I seem to watch is sports or reality tv.

Did you watch tonight's episode? Because it kicked ass!!!!!!

Guiness
03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
no, and thanks for no spoiler here Brando!

Good call on Merle being with the group of 30 guys running around creating havoc. I bet you're right.

Brando19
03-12-2012, 08:18 AM
no, and thanks for no spoiler here Brando!

Good call on Merle being with the group of 30 guys running around creating havoc. I bet you're right.

No problem, Guiness. I don't want to spoil it for those that didn't watch it yet. But I will say this...it's the most shocking episode to date. I think next season will revolve around a conflict between Merle and Darryl (if I'm right about Merle still being alive.)

SkinBasket
03-12-2012, 08:36 AM

Nigga pleeze!

What made the show so goddamn charming was the duality of Raylan's happy-go-lucky nature and his deadly disposition. Then they got the woman involved and he got all mopey and sad. Now he's just kind of confused and angry. It's still probably the best show despite that, but I liked the original character build better. I suppose that's what happens when you start extrapolating from the source material because your short story turned into a multi-season hit show and you get a bunch of fudge packing Hollywood homos writing 40 different plot maps that the director's got to deal with while the producer keeps adding his two cents like anyone gives a shit.

Also, American Horror Story is watchable despite that fuckface McDermont guy and his tendency to overact taking a piss. The maid makes up for it. I hope they keep making her go into seduction mode, otherwise I'll start playing bejewelled while the show's on. My wife likes it more than I do. I'm guessing it's the rubber suit scenes.

MadtownPacker
03-12-2012, 07:27 PM
I havent watched American Horror Story but would like me to check it out. As for Walking Dead, I am a fan and hope all of you turn into zombies so I can go to WI and put you out of your gut chewing misery.

Other than SB's critique snootiness bordering on gay I like that prediction about Merle also. I havent seen last nights yet so dont say shit.

SkinBasket
03-13-2012, 10:43 AM
Other than SB's critique snootiness bordering on gay I like that prediction about Merle also. I havent seen last nights yet so dont say shit.

Sorry I found fault with a television show and it hurt your feelings.

Deputy Nutz
03-13-2012, 03:25 PM
I havent watched American Horror Story but would like me to check it out. As for Walking Dead, I am a fan and hope all of you turn into zombies so I can go to WI and put you out of your gut chewing misery.

Finally something we can agree on, SB's borderline gay tendencies

Brando19
03-13-2012, 07:06 PM

I won't say anything...but you NEED to watch it! It's crazy good!

Deputy Nutz
03-14-2012, 08:07 AM
It was good, I just can't stand it when the main character is an emotional pussy. He should have killed his friend a long time ago after finding out he was sleeping with his wife.

SkinBasket
03-14-2012, 08:14 AM
If this hoard isn't being used as a fodder herding tactic of the other gang, I'm going to need some explanation of why they all just happened to be hanging out there. And I agree with nutz. So I guess that makes him gay too.

One question though: Was Shane turning into a zombie before he was killed, or was he just acting wacky because he's a dick?

MadtownPacker
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Fucking great episode but I do think Shane was digging out before he died.

Freak Out
03-14-2012, 02:43 PM
So how long has Justified been on? The first season was great and the second is starting well. I watched the first season of The walking Dead and thought it was ok.....I can only handle so much Zombie action though. Thank god for torrent sites and the hard working bootleggers and pirates around the globe..I could never just sit down and watch that shit on a schedule.

Brando19
03-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Shane was definitely acting weird before he died. He was breathing weird in the barn while looking at Randall. He may have been turning.

MadtownPacker
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
That cracka Shane killed turned into a zombie too even though Shane snapped his neck. Dale was shot in the head. So is everyone going to turn once they die? Is that what the scientist whispered to Rick at the CDC shelter in season 1 finale?

Freak, sound like you need more lead in your diet. You walker fuck!

SkinBasket
03-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Shane was definitely acting weird before he died. He was breathing weird in the barn while looking at Randall. He may have been turning.

Yeah, Randall would indicate that the virus is airborne now and everyone's a carrier, just waiting to die. Obviously zombie blood isn't enough, since just about every time they kill one close range, they basically spray blood all over themselves. But if Shane was turning, which they really made us believe, he demonstrates something else. Unless he was dying slowly from some undisclosed issue. Either, hopefully, they tie it together perfectly by revealing some "aha!" information, or their zombie logic starts falling apart. Or, like the helicopter in the first season that generated so much discussion, they just forget it happened.

Iron Mike
03-14-2012, 10:20 PM
The maid makes up for it. I hope they keep making her go into seduction mode, otherwise I'll start playing bejewelled while the show's on. My wife likes it more than I do. I'm guessing it's the rubber suit scenes.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26300000/Maid-Moira-Alex-B-alexandra-breckenridge-26313988-500-207.gif

Brando19
03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah, Randall would indicate that the virus is airborne now and everyone's a carrier, just waiting to die. Obviously zombie blood isn't enough, since just about every time they kill one close range, they basically spray blood all over themselves. But if Shane was turning, which they really made us believe, he demonstrates something else. Unless he was dying slowly from some undisclosed issue. Either, hopefully, they tie it together perfectly by revealing some "aha!" information, or their zombie logic starts falling apart. Or, like the helicopter in the first season that generated so much discussion, they just forget it happened.

I remember that...he was riding a horse into Atlanta and seen a helicopter flying above. He never mentioned it to the group. I guess they forgot about that...kinda like they forgot that Carl dropped the gun in the mud while he was taunting the walker, but he had it at the farm.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 10:22 PM
That cracka Shane killed turned into a zombie too even though Shane snapped his neck. Dale was shot in the head. So is everyone going to turn once they die? Is that what the scientist whispered to Rick at the CDC shelter in season 1 finale?

Freak, sound like you need more lead in your diet. You walker fuck!

hahahahahahaha

Deputy Nutz
03-15-2012, 10:35 PM
So how long has Justified been on? The first season was great and the second is starting well. I watched the first season of The walking Dead and thought it was ok.....I can only handle so much Zombie action though. Thank god for torrent sites and the hard working bootleggers and pirates around the globe..I could never just sit down and watch that shit on a schedule.

Justified is on its third season.

SkinBasket
03-16-2012, 07:35 AM
kinda like they forgot that Carl dropped the gun in the mud while he was taunting the walker, but he had it at the farm.

Yeah, I noticed that too. But given the budget that shows like this are asked to operate on, I don't begrudge them fudging a detail or two instead of reshooting a scene. I'm guessing at some point they changed their mind and decided the kid would come forward on his own instead of one of the group finding the gun there. Figured they would tie him to Shane even more before he shoots his face off.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2012, 03:30 PM
If this hoard isn't being used as a fodder herding tactic of the other gang, I'm going to need some explanation of why they all just happened to be hanging out there. And I agree with nutz. So I guess that makes him gay too.

One question though: Was Shane turning into a zombie before he was killed, or was he just acting wacky because he's a dick?

He was just being a dick. Everybody knows that you have to first die before becoming reborn as a zombie.

Scott Campbell
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
And another thing. Count on that old guys daughter that's always laying sick in the bed turning zombie and creating some havoc in that house. She'll pass quietly in the middle of the night only to wake up 5 minutes later to go get a midnight snack on somebody's leg.

MadtownPacker
03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
And another thing. Count on that old guys daughter that's always laying sick in the bed turning zombie and creating some havoc in that house. She'll pass quietly in the middle of the night only to wake up 5 minutes later to go get a midnight snack on somebody's leg.Hmm, what if she tries to eat her sister's eggroll? :lol:

Scott Campbell
03-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Hmm, what if she tries to eat her sister's eggroll? :lol:

It's AMC, not Cinemax.

Cheesehead Craig
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Loved the season finale. Looking forward to next season's stationary location.

Brando19
03-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Awesome finale!!!! Awesome! I'm excited to see Michonne next season...the woman with two pet zombies! That's a cool character. Did anyone notice Hershel shooting the zombies with his shotgun? That shotgun must hold 50 shells! lol

Scott Campbell
03-19-2012, 10:56 PM
“Christ promised a resurrection of the dead, I just thought he had something a little different in mind.”

Hershel

:bclap:

Bossman641
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Season 2 definitely had its low points from about episode 4-8, but the last few episodes really picked up. Can't wait for October.

Brando19
03-21-2012, 08:00 PM
“Christ promised a resurrection of the dead, I just thought he had something a little different in mind.”

Hershel

:bclap:

Agreed...that was an awesome line.

MadtownPacker
03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Gotta agree with Bossman, too many lulls in the season but shit came out full blast at the end. Guessing next season will be crazy with the security of the farm around them.

Tony Oday
03-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Love the show and I think the Shotgun was on unlimited ammo...duh...

Freak Out
10-17-2012, 07:00 PM
So how was the season premier? I'm pretty stoked after seeing the crazy Ninja chick with the two tethered walkers in the finale.

MadtownPacker
10-21-2012, 10:32 AM
It was a great start. Plenty of action and a "I gotta find out what happens next" moment at the end. Today is episode 2 so you better catch up you zombiephile.

Brando19
11-03-2012, 09:30 PM
The last episode was all about the Governor. It was good, but didn't show Rick and the gang any. This week we get back to Rick. Hopefully Hershell doesn't die.

wootah
11-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Somebody reads the comics of the Walking Dead? Or maybe just looking at the pictures?

Brando19
11-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Not going to spoil the show for anyone, but this weeks episode I just watched was almost TOO intense. MAJOR shockers this episode. As a matter of fact...I'm still in shock.

MadtownPacker
11-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Crazy episode for sure. All kinds of shit going on.

MadtownPacker
11-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Somebody reads the comics of the Walking Dead? Or maybe just looking at the pictures?
I plan to avoid that until the show is over. Would hate to ruin the surprises.

wootah
11-08-2012, 02:48 AM
I plan to avoid that until the show is over. Would hate to ruin the surprises.

I haven't seen the series myself. Episode 1 of season 1 came on the telly last Sunday, it's ready and waiting on the Tivo. The comics are awesome though. Great storylines, some sick fuck-up twists & turns. I can't compare, but they are well worth the time as well.