PDA

View Full Version : Hey Harvey, hit profootballtalk.com this once.....

Rastak
08-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Their pic of the day makes a point you were making last week.

BallHawk
08-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Brett's "other woman"

LMAO!

Rastak
08-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Brett's "other woman"

LMAO!

Harvey called them the national enquirer last week......so I thought the pic was pretty funny given his comments.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 08:29 AM
That's way over the top way too ridiculous . . and I'm guessing that's Mike Florio's excuse - for small "h" humor.

The more he smacks down on Brett Favre - the less credibility he has as a person really up on what the NFL is really about.

Florio has alot at his site that's not so ridiculous IMO, and it just comes with the territory. Lord Favre - what an incredible insult to Green Bay Packer Tradition.

Screw Mike Florio on that account.

To jump all over such a ridiculous rumor as he did yesterday, with any reference to Brett Favre retiring, in a regular bi-weekly Packer News Conference - was just plain n' simple wrong - as in sinful.

He was talking about Brett Favre !!!

Favre and QUIT - are not compatible.

We need Brett Favre this season as much as we ever have, and to even hint, that he would "of all people", just up and quit " the team he LOVES " is way past stupid.

That wasn't right.

That had to add anxiety to alot of dedicated Packer fans, a large proportion of them, people with feelings and emotions that back Brett Favre

" all the way " - as this season comes to us.

Brett Favre, has a score to settle with a certain Chicago Bears Team.

He can't do that, quitting Mike Florio. Maybe you felt he had a sudden attack of Male - Mid Life Crisis, or have you looked at your own age Mike?

To do anything, to place doubt in the minds and to attack the hearts of Packer fans as he did yesterday -

Demands a proper apology.

Any real man, worth his salt would only go - JUST THERE !!!

Rastak
08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Right, but the entire point of this thread is that Harvey called then the national enquirer and they have a pic up dipicting them as that......props to Harvey for calling it early.

MJZiggy
08-17-2006, 08:32 AM
Florio was making fun of himself...the only bit of credit I can give him in this whole mess is that he has enough of a sense of humor to post it.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Right, but the entire point of this thread is that Harvey called then the national enquirer and they have a pic up dipicting them as that......props to Harvey for calling it early.

I'd like to kick Mike Florio in the nut sack - for what he did yesterday.

I don't often "get pissed off", but that did it, and I'm slow to ANGER.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Florio was making fun of himself...the only bit of credit I can give him in this whole mess is that he has enough of a sense of humor to post it.

Good humor should have some sense of dignity and be founded in the person crafting that humor.

Where are we today MJ ?

Defending that useless piece of crap Mike Florio for what he did to Packer fans - decent respectful NFL fans?

Change the DAM hat PLEASE.

MJZiggy
08-17-2006, 09:08 AM
Don't misinterpret, Buck. I said the ONLY bit of credit I can give him is for allowing himself to be made fun of after such a COLOSSAL, and absolutely idiotic fuckup. I mean really he calls a press conference so he's gonna retire? He could have held a pc to announce that he had hangnails and pft would go for the sensational career-ending injury angle.

Like I said before, I'm just glad I was busy during the whole moronic debacle so I didn't even have to think about it (til after he made a moron out of himself yet again).

HarveyWallbangers
08-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Some people like that. Some people don't. That's all I'm going to say about that.

RashanGary
08-17-2006, 09:51 AM
I thought the Havel picture was funny. Havel is like FAvre's little stooge. I like Havel in many ways, but his undieing love for Favre is funny.

This picture is pretty stupid. It seems like they enjoy ripping Favre. Look, he's on his way out. He's in his last year or 2 at the most. There is no need to mock a guy on his way out the door.

retailguy
08-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Lord Favre - what an incredible insult to Green Bay Packer Tradition.

Screw Mike Florio on that account.

Quite honestly Woody, I think the Lord Favre stuff is HILARIOUS. I'm not in the least bit insulted by it. When they called him "He who will no longer be named", I about fell out of my chair laughing. It just became too much to type, I guess.

If you can't see all the ways to find humor in that, I just don't know what to say Woody.... The GB fans treat him as royalty, the press treats him as royalty, the GB organization treats him as royalty..... If you can't laugh at a FOOTBALL PLAYER being treated as royalty, Woody, I'm worried about you AND the Packer tradition.

Brett is just a guy who happens to be a GREAT football player. If you think he doesn't have an ego you have lost your mind. He enjoys this media attention, or he'd QUIT FUELING IT. Yes, you heard that right, he fuels it. Its ok to have an ego, and it's also ok to enjoy it. Hell, I'd kill for the publicity he gets. Quite honestly, if I could play football the way he does, I'd be in the Phil Simms camp - you'd have to drag me off - kickin & screamin the whole damn way....

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Don't misinterpret, Buck. I said the ONLY bit of credit I can give him is for allowing himself to be made fun of after such a COLOSSAL, and absolutely idiotic fuckup. I mean really he calls a press conference so he's gonna retire? He could have held a pc to announce that he had hangnails and pft would go for the sensational career-ending injury angle.

Like I said before, I'm just glad I was busy during the whole moronic debacle so I didn't even have to think about it (til after he made a moron out of himself yet again).

Mike Florio was at his worst Wed AM Ziggy, and I can't hide my distain for his incompetence based on his obsession to take away what is Brett Favre to most Packer fans.

He insulted Packer fans - Mike Florio harmed packer fans with STUPID BULLSHIT !! He did that by casting - "any doubt in any Packer fans minds" and souls, and indignified what is Brett Favre to alot of us.

Packer fans who admire and support him as OUR QB of today; and OUR QB and a leader of integrity and true support in countless ways - for so long.

What he did sickens me, in negative ways I must wrestle with today.

Mike Florio needs to apologize to Packer fans, if he's any shape manner or form - of what I deem a MAN.

Otherwise - he's an asshole !!

I don't reserve that negative term for many, and " in fact " seldom go there MJ. We can all get there at times but when we do. It's time to be accountable as a person.

" False Pride comes before the fall."

Where is Mike Florio's sense of decent or proper pride?

MJZiggy
08-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Don't give him so much power, Buck. Even if I had read what he wrote, he cannot harm me in the least as he holds absolutely zero capacity to affect my thoughts on my team.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2006, 10:35 AM
I thought the Havel picture was funny. Havel is like FAvre's little stooge. I like Havel in many ways, but his undieing love for Favre is funny.

This picture is pretty stupid. It seems like they enjoy ripping Favre. Look, he's on his way out. He's in his last year or 2 at the most. There is no need to mock a guy on his way out the door.

you would be on his nutsack too if he gave you a one-way meal ticket. Favre could have choosen anyone write his books and and he kept his word a long time ago to go with Havel. He probably made Havel a damn millionaire.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 11:08 AM

Especially given what he's meant to the NFL and to the Green Bay Packers and it's fans Gregjennings.

It's - a real bite in the arse. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FAITH FOR 2006 and BEYOND !!

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Don't give him so much power, Buck. Even if I had read what he wrote, he cannot harm me in the least as he holds absolutely zero capacity to affect my thoughts on my team.

it's all about what any decent MAN should do given the BS he tossed at Packer fans yesterday.

It's about principle and admitting embarassment to suck it up and do a gut check as any man should.

Is he a man or a man deserving of insult?

I refuse to give him that POWER over me MJ, but he should form some need of an apology that even resembles sincerety.

I am entirely disappointed in mike Florio.it's not at all funny anymore and i have an excellent sense of humor even laugh at myself alot.

This has dick all to do with anything humorous on Mike Florio's behalf yesterday AM.

A retraction of his original post, no matter how expedient that was - has nothing to do with the need for his common sense to apologize, MJ.

retailguy
08-17-2006, 11:27 AM
From another thread..... Woody, I hesitate to "stir you up" more than you already are, but since I'm invisible..... :wink:

Message - to self:

" OUR criticisms have to be self-examined to cull out arrogance "
woodbuck27

Could one not claim that you are being "just a bit arrogant" because you didn't find Florio's humor/speculation funny?

The caption he put on the photo says "he deserves" to be made fun of. It is a pretty deep insult to be compared to the National Enquirer, and HE DID IT TO HIMSELF. What would Lenny, or John think if you compared them to the National Enquirer. They get shit wrong too, and bash Favre in the process. Remember the shit John Clayton was spewing earlier this year? Did he apologize for that? What's the difference, Woody?

You are approaching this whole argument from the perspective of "He attacked my leader/hero. That shit's not funny, no matter who you are....". Woody - It's funny to some of us. I don't expect, nor want an apology from Florio.

Not trying to start a war, Woody. Hope you "get this" in the manner it was intended....

Willard
08-17-2006, 02:19 PM
PFT has never harmed me either. If I felt I could be harmed by surfing the net I would wear a helmet and eye protection at my desk.

PFT makes fun of Favre because they (and quite frankly millions of other football fans) got sick and tired of the off-season "will he or won't he" soap opera. The irony is that it was the media moreso than Favre that kept the soap opera going ad nauseum (just like they are doing right now with the "emerging rift b/w TO and Parcels" :roll: ).

Yesterday they made a ridiculous and unfounded prediction, then had egg smeared all over their face in front of their cyber fans. They were embarassed and admitted they royally f*&$ed up. By posting the mock National Enquirer mag cover (that somebody else prepared to make fun of PFT) they proved they were big enough to again admit their stupid mistake and make fun of themselves for it.

In other words, they don't take themselves too seriously--I for one will follow suit.