PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss is a 49er

Brando19
03-12-2012, 09:20 PM
According to espn...he inked a one year deal with San Fran. If he has anything left...this is a good signing for them.

Joemailman
03-12-2012, 09:23 PM
It certainly worked well for the last couple of teams to sign him.

Brandon494
03-12-2012, 09:24 PM
It certainly worked well for the last couple of teams to sign him.

Don't kid yourself, when this guy actually wants to play he is a beast.

King Friday
03-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Moss is no longer a beast. He's a broken down shell of what he used to be...just like Terrell Owens, although not quite to that extent yet. There is a reason Moss couldn't find a job last year...he isn't the player he used to be, and he frustrates easier than a 2 year old.

pbmax
03-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Harbaugh gets Moss. Redskins and Cowboys fined.

If the NCAA forces the Steelers to forfeit some of those 17 straight wins in Three Rivers versus the Browns in the 70s and 80s this will officially be the best football day ever.

gbgary
03-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Don't kid yourself, when this guy actually wants to play he is a beast.

but what does sf do with him the other 3/4 of the game?

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 04:34 AM
So Randy Moss is a 49er if he can make that team come Sept. No contract details but more than likely (given his past attitude issues) a performance laden contract.

So who loses in this move right now? Noone loses. You pencil in a possible deep threat WR and improve on your Red Zone opportunities with him as a target possibility if he's in the game come Sundays. It's a simple signing...wait and see opportunity for the 49ers. No big deal.

Now I'm thinking 49ers and Peyton Manning. He will not want to even imagine facing Eli in a Super Bowl game. He's on record as saying he wants to stay in the AFC.

Take those thoughts to the side. If the 49ers were to lock up Peyton Manning (can they even afford him?) and he was able to connect with Randy Moss as Tom Brady and Bill Bilichick did. This team would be a real contender.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm just now watching the NFL Network Reporters talk about the 49ers move to contract Randy Moss and everyone is adament that the San Francisco 49ers made a splendid move. The reports concentrated on his superb conditioning regieme and the fact that 'in fact' he's a fantastic teammate and team leader.

Reports say that Randy Moss signed a one year contract for $2.5 Million$.

The report on Randy Moss is work with him. Randy Moss is a player that wants to contribute and see wins. Randy Moss has the talent to stretch the field and he works best with strong coachs. Ex teammates ie Chris Carter reports that 'in fact' he's a solid teammate and a strong leader in the dressing room. It's being reported that he is exactly what the 49ers needed to get that team over the top on offense. He'll certainly improve on their Red Zone performance. He didn't sign a prohibitive contract. By all accounts this is a solid signing by San Francisco.

I often wonder why so many Packer fans get it so wrong regarding this great WR. Suire he's not getting any younger and he's been basically ineffective the past two seasons and recovering from an injury but what were those teams commitments to Randy Moss over that period? Was he treated fairly? It has to be a two way street. Now Randy Moss who has 'the juice' is with a HC that has 'the juice'. I feel that Randy Moss is a very logical signing for the 49ers.

I'll not predict that he will light it up in San Francisco in any way like we saw him do it the season he was paired with Tom Brady in NE. He was so awesome that season. I do feel he will try very hard to to make the nay sayers look bad. I would not go against this great athletes pride.

Having written that I know he's slack when it comes to blocking assignments and that certainly has to be a concern in terms of team morale. He also needs to keep a low profile. Just show up every game and score sensational TD's and collect the bonus's. How hard could that be if you had the talent of a Randy Moss?

As always time will tell.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 11:53 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/randy-moss-vows-to-prove-himself-with-49ers-ive-gotten-a-bad-rap/

Randy Moss vows to prove himself with 49ers: “I’ve gotten a bad rap”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 13, 2012, 7:37 AM EDT

“I think when it comes to the world-wide sports media, I’ve gotten a bad rap . . . not being a team player and things like that,” Moss said. “I really don’t want to get into that because that’s not what I’m here for. I think that one thing I’d like the sports world to understand is the love and the passion I have for the game of football (http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Moss-49ers-make-it-official?blockID=668504&feedID=5884). I think every player wants to win and every organization wants to win.” Randy Moss

Please click on LINK for this story.

pbmax
03-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm just now watching the NFL Network Reporters talk about the 49ers move to contract Randy Moss and everyone is adament that the San Francisco 49ers made a splendid move. The reports concentrated on his superb conditioning regieme and the fact that 'in fact' he's a fantastic teammate and team leader.

Reports say that Randy Moss signed a one year contract for $2.5 Million$.

The report on Randy Moss is work with him. Randy Moss is a player that wants to contribute and see wins. Randy Moss has the talent to stretch the field and he works best with strong coachs. Ex teammates ie Chris Carter reports that 'in fact' he's a solid teammate and a strong leader in the dressing room. It's being reported that he is exactly what the 49ers needed to get that team over the top on offense. He'll certainly improve on their Red Zone performance. He didn't sign a prohibitive contract. By all accounts this is a solid signing by San Francisco.

As always time will tell.

I am not sure he will help in the red zone. The biggest threat he creates is from farther away on deeper routes. But in the end, either contribution will put more points on the board.

The problem Moss presents is that at some point the team and player will be at cross purposes. Could be contract, QB, play calling, etc. And when Moss is not engaged as he wishes to be, that's when the wheels fall off. His last year and a partial were not as productive as his first two years in NE.

Brandon494
03-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I am not sure he will help in the red zone. The biggest threat he creates is from farther away on deeper routes. But in the end, either contribution will put more points on the board.

The problem Moss presents is that at some point the team and player will be at cross purposes. Could be contract, QB, play calling, etc. And when Moss is not engaged as he wishes to be, that's when the wheels fall off. His last year and a partial were not as productive as his first two years in NE.

Thats because they were not winning games, I think he wont be a problem in SF. Teaming him with Davis and Crabtree that makes a pretty good receiving core.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 07:48 PM

I am not sure he will help in the red zone. pbmax

I'm thinking that Vernon Davis might disagree pbmax. That Randy Moss has to be accounted for and therefore a distraction that helps Vernon Davis be more productive.

I feel that your points on Randy Moss and self destruction and time isn't relevant in terms of his one year contract.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Niners assume no risk by signing Randy Moss (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/13/niners-assume-no-risk-by-signing-randy-moss/)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 13, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/91193755_crop_650x440-e1331694182613.jpg?w=250 Getty Images
Receiver Randy Moss (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1655/randy-moss) reportedly didn’t want any guaranteed money as part of his new contract. And that’s a good thing, because he didn’t get any.

Per a source with knowledge of the contract, the new contract that Moss signed with the 49ers carries not a penny of guaranteed money.
Instead, Moss will receive a base salary of $1.75 million. He’ll be eligible for another $46,875 for each game that he is on the active 46-man roster. If he’s active for every game, he’ll get a total of $750,000.

Moss also can earn up to $1.5 million in incentives tied to playing time, receptions, and qualifying for the Pro Bowl.

Most importantly, if the 49ers decide at any point before Week One that it’s just not working, they can cut Moss and owe him nothing.
Apart from the money, Moss has a strong incentive to make it to the final roster. He’ll get to play two of his former teams this year: the Vikings and the Patriots.

Pugger
03-14-2012, 12:52 AM
If Moss couldn't stay happy in NE with Tom Brady throwing him the ball I wonder how he'll be with Alex Smith? At least SF didn't give him a king's ransom and gave him only a one year contract.

Smidgeon
03-14-2012, 02:33 AM
With not a penny guaranteed.

Cheesehead Craig
03-14-2012, 09:58 AM
If Moss couldn't stay happy in NE with Tom Brady throwing him the ball I wonder how he'll be with Alex Smith? At least SF didn't give him a king's ransom and gave him only a one year contract.

Agree entirely. Now Moss goes to a run first team and a QB who has had 1 good season. I don't see this as the move that puts them over the top.

Upnorth
03-14-2012, 10:01 AM
So the team has Moss as a third option. And they don't expect hissy fits??? I like this move from a Packers perspective. The only thing that scares me is if teh third best corner is on Moss he will still get seperation when he wants to, could amount to a few big big plays every game.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 06:23 AM
So the team has Moss as a third option. And they don't expect hissy fits??? I like this move from a Packers perspective. The only thing that scares me is if teh third best corner is on Moss he will still get seperation when he wants to, could amount to a few big big plays every game.

I believe if Randy Moss doesn't get seperation from defensive backs he will receive a seperation PRONTO from the San Francisco 49ers.

I believe if Randy Moss contributes to the 49ers ' at his potential '. Both he and the 49ers will be very pleased with this signing.

woodbuck27
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828c4402/article/randy-moss-shows-up-to-49ers-with-roster-spot-in-doubt

Randy Moss shows up to 49ers with roster spot in doubt.

By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com ...Around The League editor

Published: April 30, 2012 at 05:09 p.m.

Updated: April 30, 2012 at 07:27 p.m.

"Randy Moss wasn't in attendance for the first two weeks of the San Francisco 49ers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/sanfrancisco49ers/profile?team=SF)' offseason program, but he arrived Monday just in time for the first on-field coaching session.

Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area reports that coach Jim Harbaugh suggested Moss spend the first two weeks (http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/40-Tweets-Randy-Moss-reports-to-offseaso?blockID=699682&feedID=2800) at home, so that's what he did. Moss joins a team that looks more difficult to make after the events of draft weekend." Article

CLICK on LINK if you want entire story.

Guiness
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM

He's a heck of an unknown. What does he bring to the game? Any wiggle left, or is he just going to burn off the line, run a deep route and try to out jump a db? He seemed to be pretty close to that sort of a one trick pony before he hung it up.

If that's the case, he shouldn't be too hard to cover. Just put a guy with equal or better speed, like Shields on him, and that should take care of most of the problem.

Quite likely, however, that he starts the season #3 on the depth chart, and finishes it at #4. Crabtree and Manningham should be the 1-2, and they're going to give Jenkins, their first round choice, every opportunity he needs. Add in Vernon Davis, and I don't see how many balls will be going his way.

The flip side of that is that Crabtree and Manningham aren't world beaters. He could end up the #1!

woodbuck27
06-20-2012, 11:17 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1223956-the-most-impressive-players-thus-far-in-nfl-minicamps?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1223956-the-most-impressive-players-thus-far-in-nfl-minicamps/page/6

" So far, so good with the 49ers. Moss has shown a little of his old self while engrossing himself in the offense and ingratiating himself to his teammates.

If he can capture a little of the old magic and stays happy, the 49ers could have an incredible receiving corps on their hands. " Fr. LINK

MadScientist
06-20-2012, 12:31 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1223956-the-most-impressive-players-thus-far-in-nfl-minicamps?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl#/articles/1223956-the-most-impressive-players-thus-far-in-nfl-minicamps/page/6

" So far, so good with the 49ers. Moss has shown a little of his old self while engrossing himself in the offense and ingratiating himself to his teammates.

If he can capture a little of the old magic and stays happy, the 49ers could have an incredible receiving corps on their hands. " Fr. LINK

Moss's chances of making the team went up because the guy the drafted at #1 is not looking good. I follow Illinois whenever I can and when SF drafted AJ Jenkins, my reaction was wtf, not a good pick.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1228763-nfl-rumors-aj-jenkins-doesnt-look-ready-to-help-san-francisco-49ers

ThunderDan
09-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Randy Moss benched in his 3rd game with the 49ers.

http://nfl.si.com/2012/09/23/randy-moss-benched-in-49ers-loss/?sct=obnetwork

Is this the beginning of the end in SF?

denverYooper
09-24-2012, 04:05 PM
How come his benching usually seems to coincide with the team taking a dump?