PDA

View Full Version : Bears trade for Brandon Marshall

Patler
03-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Cost them 2 third round picks.

NFL report:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82791ddb/article/dolphins-shipping-wr-marshall-to-bears-in-blockbuster-trade?module=HP11_breaking_news

and the Miami Herald's report of the trade:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/13/2691697/miami-dolphins-trade-receiver.html

Tony Oday
03-13-2012, 04:18 PM
Wow that is cheap for a guy like him!

gbpackfan
03-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Hate to see that. I know he's a head case, but if your being honest, you'll admit he makes the Bears offense way more dangerous. This time of year sucks. Every team goes out and gets some nice, new toys to play with and the Packers do nothing. I know, I know.....free agency is fool's gold. I get it. But signing a difference maker once and awhile isn't a bad thing. It's been what? 5 years! Come on! TT doesn't draft that well. Whatever. I just want some excitement!

Patler
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Two years ago, Marshall cost the Dolphins two second round picks. Now, after a decent year statistically, they trade him for two thirds. He's 28 years old and his value is going the wrong direction.

He is reported to have salaries of $9 million+ for each of the next three years.

pbmax
03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
They are putting the Band back together. Circa AFC West (7-9 and 8-8). Huzzah!

Patler
03-13-2012, 04:28 PM
They are putting the Band back together. Circa AFC West (7-9 and 8-8). Huzzah!

Ya, somehow putting Cutler's inconsistency and surliness together with Marshall's inconsistency and flakiness might make for a total less than the sum of the parts.

Joemailman
03-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Two years ago, Marshall cost the Dolphins two second round picks. Now, after a decent year statistically, they trade him for two thirds. He's 28 years old and his value is going the wrong direction.

He is reported to have salaries of $9 million+ for each of the next three years.

Correct about the salaries. I wonder if they'll still be in the Mario hunt now. This move takes up about half the cap room they were reported to have. Marshall makes the Bears a more dangerous offensive team though.

pbmax
03-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Ya, somehow putting Cutler's inconsistency and surliness together with Marshall's inconsistency and flakiness might make for a total less than the sum of the parts.

There is a better Defense this time around, but poorer O coaching. And that Defense has to get old sometime, doesn't it?

sheepshead
03-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Theyll draft

Patler
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
There is a better Defense this time around, but poorer O coaching. And that Defense has to get old sometime, doesn't it?

Ya, I would think so on the defense. Urlacher is about due for another physical breakdown and is getting up there in age, Peppers is no spring chicken and has had detractors about his work ethic in the past, and Briggs isn't much younger than Urlacher. All will show their age sooner or later. I think Urlacher did at times last year. No one else worries you much, unless they get MW.

Guiness
03-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I can't see them going after Williams now, but I think this was a better decision for them. The NFL isn't a league where a score of 10-6 wins you games.

Patler
03-13-2012, 06:08 PM
My God, it's starting already! One off-season acquisition, and they are ticketed for the Super Bowl

Jason Smith NFL.com

Dolphins look like they're rebuilding; Bears ticketed for Super Bowl?

I don't think Miami is a serious player for Manning. I think Miami just wants to look like it tried. It looks to me like instead of reloading for this season, the Dolphins are going to rebuild instead. Good luck with Ryan Tannehill, who's ticketed for Miami now.

As far as Marshall goes, I actually like the move by the Dolphins. He's someone who you always have to motivate and hope stays out of trouble off the field. How long can you walk that tightrope before it gives way? I just hope Miami has a backup plan -- there are zero playmakers at receiver now. If Davone Bess is your fourth-best WR, you're in good shape. But when he's your best? Danger, Will Robinson.

For the Bears, it's about time they acquired a marquee wideout and stopped trying to prop up Devin Hester or Johnny Knox. This Denver reunion could mean everything. If the Bears get the motivated Marshall, they'll be in the Super Bowl this season. But that's a big if. Even if it goes bad, the price tag of two third-rounders isn't that big a deal to give up. It's a gutsy move, and I love guts.

Brandon494
03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Shit, he and Cutler put up big numbers with the Broncos when they played together. Ok Ted time I'm now excited to see what changes you are going to make to improve our defense.

Patler
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Shit, he and Cutler put up big numbers with the Broncos when they played together. Ok Ted time I'm now excited to see what changes you are going to make to improve our defense.

That they did. Big numbers. But not big wins. I think each has yet to prove they are big time players in big time situations. Hopefully they don't do it for the Bears.

Brandon494
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM
That they did. Big numbers. But not big wins. I think each has yet to prove they are big time players in big time situations. Hopefully they don't do it for the Bears.

They also didn't have the Bears defense in Denver.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Correct about the salaries. I wonder if they'll still be in the Mario hunt now. This move takes up about half the cap room they were reported to have. Marshall makes the Bears a more dangerous offensive team though.

Mario Williams is reported to be going to Buffalo and thank God the Bears seem to be now out of the Mario Williams hunt. It's being reported that the Bills will open the vault for his services. I hope so because we don't want him in a Bear jersey.

Patler
03-13-2012, 07:34 PM
They also didn't have the Bears defense in Denver.

I'm not sure the Bears will continue to have the Bears defense for much longer.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure the Bears will continue to have the Bears defense for much longer.

Concerned?

gbgary
03-13-2012, 07:54 PM
dang! bears being proactive. i don't like it one bit.

if manning had any thoughts of signing at mia he'll forget about it now.

Patler
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Some see it as a necessity before signing Manning. Frees up cap space and removes a player some think would have clashed with Manning.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 08:20 PM
dang! bears being proactive. i don't like it one bit.

Nope.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 08:21 PM
Some see it as a necessity before signing Manning. Frees up cap space and removes a player some think would have clashed with Manning.

Yup.

gbgary
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
taking a huge weapon from manning is a good thing? that would be like trading jennings away.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
taking a huge weapon from manning is a good thing? that would be like trading jennings away.

There are different reasons why a team might trade a talent like Brandon Marshall. Those reasons may be dictated out of necessity or to meet certain agendas and criteria of unknown personalities. I write..may be dictated.

There's the obvious. We're aware that Brandon Marshall was a distraction and sometimes highly abraisave to his fellow players. ie His QB Chad Henne. ie When he wasn't targeted for a TD as often as he felt he should be.

Maybe his trade was simply a part of 'a bigger plan'. Maybe that plan is to tear down and re-build but does that attract a Peyton Manning? Any QB that wants to be on a winner?

gbgary
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
manning doesn't want to go to a team that's rebuilding. he wants to be the final piece...or at least close to it. we'll see i guess.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM

I posted a story near the end of the Peyton Manning watch where it's reported that he considered Brandon Marshall an asset in Miami. I don't have all the facts as to why this talented WR was traded to the Bears.

In light of the fact that Reggie Wayne resigned with Indy and Brandon Marshall is gone from Miami. The move to trade Brandon Marshal does seem strange in light of Miami's interest in Peyton Manning. Who do they have on their radar to replace that talent at WR? Wouldn't Miami's move to trade BM concern any QB considering the Miami Dolphins as 'the team to play for'?

If I was Tim Tebow. I'd be on my knees in prayer. Denver is looking better all the time.

George Cumby
03-13-2012, 11:24 PM

+1.

I'd be more concerned if they signed Mario.

Patler
03-14-2012, 12:47 AM
...and now Bucky Brooks declares that the Bears will have the best offense in the NFC North:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82796081/article/qbrbwr-trio-provides-bears-with-potent-and-balanced-punch?module=HP11_cp

HarveyWallbangers
03-14-2012, 01:01 AM
...and now Bucky Brooks declares that the Bears will have the best offense in the NFC North:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82796081/article/qbrbwr-trio-provides-bears-with-potent-and-balanced-punch?module=HP11_cp

He apparently missed how we scored 550 something points... and had one of the greatest offenses in NFL history.
:)

Joemailman
03-14-2012, 06:17 AM
Marshall was involved in melee a couple of days before trade. Uncertain whether Bears knew about it when making the trade. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827969b7/article/report-brandon-marshall-accused-of-hitting-woman-outside-club-

woodbuck27
03-14-2012, 06:50 AM
Marshall was involved in melee a couple of days before trade. Uncertain whether Bears knew about it when making the trade. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827969b7/article/report-brandon-marshall-accused-of-hitting-woman-outside-club-

Here's the part of that story that would most concern me if I was the GM, HC or coach for a team that employed Brandon Marshall:

Marshall admitted last summer to having borderline personality disorder (http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d8211f89f).

There's alot going on there. Of course today that fact may be offset by another.

Brandon Marshall is playing for the Chicago Bears and should be very happy. Evidently the Bears assisted by the addition of Brandon Marshall have the best offense in the NFCN. He should be pleased that the addition of him made that possible.

woodbuck27
03-14-2012, 06:56 AM

The real key to making that a reality:

Jay Cutler has to finally fulfill the great potential he was touted as having as a potential outstanding franchise QB. Jay Cutler must stay healthy and get it done.

Smeefers
03-14-2012, 07:32 AM
I hate this time of year. This is when we watch all the other teams make a bunch of acquisitions and everyone gets all jumpy, wanting to make a splash too. TT of course, will do no such thing and it starts to piss everyone off until we end up bringing in some barely known second stringer who will end up barely playing. We draft our roster, we don't use FA at all. Every year I hope I'm wrong. Every year I'm still wrong. Even so, this too shall pass. I don't care who the bears get, we're still favored to win our division. That's all we need for a chance to get back to the big game.

woodbuck27
03-14-2012, 07:40 AM
I hate this time of year. This is when we watch all the other teams make a bunch of acquisitions and everyone gets all jumpy, wanting to make a splash too. TT of course, will do no such thing and it starts to piss everyone off until we end up bringing in some barely known second stringer who will end up barely playing. We draft our roster, we don't use FA at all. Every year I hope I'm wrong. Every year I'm still wrong. Even so, this too shall pass. I don't care who the bears get, we're still favored to win our division. That's all we need for a chance to get back to the big game.

Of course your right. Great being a Packer fan Ehh!?

hoosier
03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
Man, I hate it when the Packers's rivals win the off season! I want a shiny new toy. It doesn't have to fit a real need, it doesn't need to make sense, it doesn't have to mean they will be able to re-sign their own stars in a year or two. It just has to be new.

sheepshead
03-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Remember there are 32 teams, you can count on one hand the teams that have their checkbooks out. None of those have many playoff wins the last 5 years either.

Upnorth
03-14-2012, 09:50 AM
He apparently missed how we scored 550 something points... and had one of the greatest offenses in NFL history.
:)

So long as we get a center with good understanding of our offense we will still be amazing. Once all the insanity slows down I do hope TT picks up someone to play center as i don't think we have Wells replacement on the roster.

sheepshead
03-14-2012, 09:55 AM
prediction: Cutler breaks single season INT record, Marshall gets caught buying blow on Division Street Bears go 7-9 and everyone gets fired.

Upnorth
03-14-2012, 10:04 AM
prediction: Cutler breaks single season INT record, Marshall gets caught buying blow on Division Street Bears go 7-9 and everyone gets fired.

I hope you are a good gypsie fortuneteller. I would love to see you get this one right!!!

denverYooper
03-14-2012, 11:14 AM

It'll be pretty tough when Forte decides he's just going to sit out because he's been shafted.

VegasPackFan
03-14-2012, 11:53 AM
Marshall is a malcontent and will probably poison his new team. He's already in trouble again with another nightclub incident that will be pending NFL review. Let the Bears have him. I watched him drop a bunch of TD passes last year for the Dolphins.

Brandon494
03-14-2012, 12:00 PM
Have to laugh at the posters who are trying to act like this deal isn't a big pickup for the Bears.

Patler
03-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Have to laugh at the posters and writers who get all worried/excited over an off-season acquisition, as if it will immediately transform a team that has more than a single problem.

swede
03-14-2012, 12:06 PM
I posted a story near the end of the Peyton Manning watch where it's reported that he considered Brandon Marshall an asset in Miami.

Most likely a transcription error: "asset" and "asshat".

Patler
03-14-2012, 12:11 PM
An article from before the trade, that suggested Manning was not excited about playing with Marshall:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/in-miami-some-doubt-peyton-wants-to-play-with-marshall/

Fritz
03-14-2012, 01:10 PM
So are the Fins moving Marshall to make Miami more welcoming for Manning?

Patler
03-14-2012, 01:34 PM
So are the Fins moving Marshall to make Miami more welcoming for Manning?

That is what some are saying. The Dolphins met with Manning on Monday, then traded Marshall on Tuesday. Was it because of Manning? Manning's salary? Marshall's latest run-in? I guess you can read as much or as little as you wish into each factor, but they sure seem like they gave him away quickly and cheaply. Perhaps to entice Manning and/or free up enough cap space to sign him they would have had to move fast. The other situation didn't seem to require an immediate action.

Only they know their motivation.

Pugger
03-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Marshall might be more bother than he's worth. :P

Upnorth
03-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Have to laugh at the posters who are trying to act like this deal isn't a big pickup for the Bears.

Short term or long term? If he can keep his head, he is an asset. Fairly big if based of Marshalls history.

Fritz
03-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Short term or long term? If he can keep his head out of his asset. Fairly big if based of Marshalls history.

Fixed.

MJZiggy
03-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Of course your right. Great being a Packer fan Ehh!?

Yes, actually it is. I don't care what they do this week when they perform like they did last season.

pbmax
03-14-2012, 09:07 PM

He is on his third team. Something beside talent is happening with Marshall.

pbmax
03-14-2012, 09:08 PM
That is what some are saying. The Dolphins met with Manning on Monday, then traded Marshall on Tuesday. Was it because of Manning? Manning's salary? Marshall's latest run-in? I guess you can read as much or as little as you wish into each factor, but they sure seem like they gave him away quickly and cheaply. Perhaps to entice Manning and/or free up enough cap space to sign him they would have had to move fast. The other situation didn't seem to require an immediate action.

And you know the press doesn't know it because minutes after I first read it suggested that Manning preferred Marshall not to be there, there was a counter report saying Manning did not object to Marshall at all.

Everything in the press right now is true only in the mind of the player's agent.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Have to laugh at the posters and writers who get all worried/excited over an off-season acquisition, as if it will immediately transform a team that has more than a single problem.

I have to wonder about any poster that doesn't consider the Bears signing of Brandon Marshall as significant in terms of a positive for their offense and results in the standings. We can talk about any current player or addition of a player to the Bears. We can debate ant issue regarding this rival.

The most significant question is whether or not Jay Cutler can fulfill his once highly touted potential. That question would still remain the most significant even if the Bears were to land Mario Williams.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 05:02 AM
An article from before the trade, that suggested Manning was not excited about playing with Marshall:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/12/in-miami-some-doubt-peyton-wants-to-play-with-marshall/

Patler? Where do you read in any article including the one you LINK and that LINK others that Peyton Manning specifically stated any grievance or issue with Brandon Marshall and potentially playing with this WR as not something he would relish or had concerns over? I can't find anything of the sort.

Did I miss something in terms of Peyton Manning Vs Brandon Marshall? I believe this contentious topic is pure speculation and not supported by evidence of TRUTH.

If I'm incorrect please enlighten me. THANKS. (-:

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 05:04 AM

That in a nutshell is all we know. We know that we don't know. (-:

We're just fans.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Yes, actually it is. I don't care what they do this week when they perform like they did last season.

I don't want our team to perform as they did last season. Don't you recall that ending MJ? I'll remind you.

OUR team was one and out in the playoffs. That 15-1 record meant diddly squat when the NY GIANTS returned to Lambeau Field to put another whooping on our team.

I'm like some Packer fans.I hope that TT will not allow our teams storeroom of richs get anymore depleted.Really I hope that TT does all he can to ensure a better future for the Green bay Packers over the next six weeks.

I TRUST he will 'in fact' get that done. That is all he's been hired to do. To improve OUR team. He's got a bundle of work to do to get that done.

Recall our teams defense? How well did that defense perform?

How did the Packer defense rank compared to other NFL defense?

Ted Thompson !?

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 05:21 AM
He is on his third team. Something beside talent is happening with Marshall.

The bottom line .We can argue the merits of Brandon Marshall in Chicago till the cows come back to the barn. It's a wait and see.

Speculatively ...the word among NFL experts is that this signing by the BEARS is certainly and positively significant in terms of the BEARS desiring to improve. We all know the experts are sometimes wrong. I know that the majority of experts are often wrong compared to certain serious NFL fans.

Fans that are members of Packerrats.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 05:22 AM
And you know the press doesn't know it because minutes after I first read it suggested that Manning preferred Marshall not to be there, there was a counter report saying Manning did not object to Marshall at all.

Everything in the press right now is true only in the mind of the player's agent.

Are you implying that 'the diplomacy card ' may have come into play? (-:

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Cutler: Marshall has a checkered past, but he’s a good guy

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 15, 2012, 7:25 AM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/cutlermarshall.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3608/jay-cutler) is standing up for his new No. 1 receiver, Brandon Marshall (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3653/brandon-marshall), saying that he knows from their time together in Denver that Marshall is a good man.

“I know he has a checkered past, and Brandon is the first one to stand up and admit to that,” Cutler said on WMVP-AM 1000, via the Daily Chronicle. “But I know deep down he’s a good guy (http://www.daily-chronicle.com/2012/03/14/cutler-supports-marshall-after-assault-allegation/ap4a4nn/). He made some mistakes, but going forward, I see nothing but bright things for the guy.”

If the latest allegations are true, Marshall has a checkered present, not only a checkered past. Marshall stands accused of punching a woman at a nightclub over the weekend, an incident that may have been the last straw for him in Miami (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/latest-incident-involving-brandon-marshall-might-have-been-2238423.html) and the reason the Dolphins traded him. Cutler said he talked to Marshall and hopes Bears fans will wait until all the facts come out about the most recent case.

“I talked to Brandon [on Tuesday], and I think he was bummed about it, the perception and everything, of him getting to Chicago and that [controversy] being over his head,” Cutler said. “Let’s not judge him quite yet.”

Cutler says he lobbied the Bears to acquire Marshall, and Cutler knows he’s putting his own reputation on the line in vouching for his buddy. That’s not surprising, because if Marshall plays like the All-Pro receiver he’s capable of being, Cutler will be one of the beneficiaries.

But if Marshall’s off-field issues continue to plague him in Chicago, Cutler vouching for him as a good guy will look dumb.

woodbuck27
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Brandon Marshall has absolutely no fear that he’ll be suspended

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 16, 2012, 2:24 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/brandonmarshallbear.jpg?w=250 AP
At his introductory press conference as a Chicago Bear, Brandon Marshall (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3653/brandon-marshall) said that despite allegations that he punched a woman at a nightclub over the weekend, he’s certain when the facts come out he will not be facing any legal problems, or any NFL discipline.

Asked if he’s afraid the NFL will suspend him, Marshall said there’s no reason to worry about that.

“Absolutely not. No fear at all (http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2012/03/brandon_marshall_on_ny_inciden.html). Once it has taken its course, I think you will see things totally different, and we’re excited about the process,”

Marshall said, via Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times. “I understand and I get the perception out there. Those are the seeds that I’ve planted early on in my career up until last year.”

Marshall acknowledged that his past off-field problems make him easy to criticize, but he said in this case he did nothing wrong.

“In due time, the truth will be out, and we’re excited about that,” Marshall said. “Given my history, I definitely understand the concern and the questions.”

Marshall has to be concerned not only with the authorities being satisfied that he did nothing wrong, but also with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell’s take on the situation. Marshall has already been suspended once, in 2008, for violating the league’s personal conduct policy, and if the NFL finds that he did anything wrong in this case he’d be a repeat offender subject to stricter discipline.

Goodell has made clear in previous cases that even players who aren’t arrested or criminally charged (like Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger)) can be suspended.

Knowing that, Bears General Manager Phil Emery doesn’t come across as quite so confident Marshall won’t be suspended.

“We’re getting a little far ahead of the process (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/03/15/brandon.marshall.suspension.ap/index.html#ixzz1pIzN1LZ8),” Emery said Thursday.

“It is a process. The league has contacted us. We’re in contact with the league. We are working through this process with them, along with ourselves and doing our own work. I think that’s just getting a little far ahead of the process. We will monitor the process and follow it through its conclusion.”

Marshall is confident that conclusion will be him on the field in a Bears uniform for Week One.

Pugger
03-17-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't want our team to perform as they did last season. Don't you recall that ending MJ? I'll remind you.

OUR team was one and out in the playoffs. That 15-1 record meant diddly squat when the NY GIANTS returned to Lambeau Field to put another whooping on our team.

I'm like some Packer fans.I hope that TT will not allow our teams storeroom of richs get anymore depleted.Really I hope that TT does all he can to ensure a better future for the Green bay Packers over the next six weeks.

I TRUST he will 'in fact' get that done. That is all he's been hired to do. To improve OUR team. He's got a bundle of work to do to get that done.

Recall our teams defense? How well did that defense perform?

How did the Packer defense rank compared to other NFL defense?

Ted Thompson !?

What whooping? The Gmen played well but the Packers played like shit in that game. You can't win when you turn the ball over 4+ times and drop 8+ passes.

woodbuck27
03-17-2012, 08:07 AM
What whooping? The Gmen played well but the Packers played like shit in that game. You can't win when you turn the ball over 4+ times and drop 8+ passes.

In fact and inspite of the poor performance by our offense that maybe just were hurt by th layoff we were still in that game untill the fourth quarter. Sometimes i may come off as being a bit harsh in terms of choice of words. It just seemed to me looking back at that game on whole. that our team was badly beaten up. yes it was the balance of TO's and 'the drops'.

I don't mean to insult you or any other member by using a word such as 'whooping' and that some here will inform me isn't even a word. It's slang.

If I hurt your feelings Packer fan I apologize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm0T7_SGee4

GO PACKERS !

SnakeLH2006
03-20-2012, 05:33 AM
Marshall is a PR/criminal/emotional basketcase..

WR is dime a dozen in the NFL. Bears got raped.

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 05:06 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/20/urlacher-worries-that-brandon-marshall-will-be-suspended/

Urlacher worries that Brandon Marshall will be suspended

Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2012, 4:34 PM EDT

Fritz
03-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Totally unrelated but I didn't want to start a new thread...it's NFC North related stuff...

The Leos' cap situation looks as if it's going to be tight, tight, tight after re-signing Stephen Tulloch for five years, and re-doing Megatron's contract so he's with the team until he's eligible for his AARP card.

Lots of pressure on this team to win NOW. Despite the tight situation, there's talk they still want to sign one more FA. I don't know how they can, though. The Detroit papers suck at providing cap info on the Lions. Maybe they just don't want to share the sad news since everyone here is finally jacked about the team...

woodbuck27
03-24-2012, 07:53 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/ross-tells-fan-brandon-marshall-would-have-been-cut/

Ross tells fan Brandon Marshall would have been cut

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2012, 10:10 PM EDT

Spaulding
03-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Probably old news now for many as I heard this on Friday and Sirius NFL Radio but it sounds like the Bears got fleeced by the Dolphins for those two 3rd round picks as per the owner (Ross) they had been shopping him for a few weeks and were going to cut him after the latest altercation and Marshall punching that women in a bar.

If that's true, gotta love it that although when this trade was reported it was lauded as a great move by the Bears and now in hindsight it might have been the Bears getting too anxious to get Marshall and they could have had him without the cost of the draft picks.

Where's Bear Down or Da Baddest Bear when you need a FIB to confirm a story?

woodbuck27
03-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Probably old news now for many as I heard this on Friday and Sirius NFL Radio but it sounds like the Bears got fleeced by the Dolphins for those two 3rd round picks as per the owner (Ross) they had been shopping him for a few weeks and were going to cut him after the latest altercation and Marshall punching that women in a bar.

If that's true, gotta love it that although when this trade was reported it was lauded as a great move by the Bears and now in hindsight it might have been the Bears getting too anxious to get Marshall and they could have had him without the cost of the draft picks.

Where's Bear Down or Da Baddest Bear when you need a FIB to confirm a story?

Yes da Bears gave up too much for this player that was going to (by reports) be released.

and ...... YES!

Hindsight is .... 20/20.