PDA

View Full Version : Report: Neal to Be Suspended for 4 Games

pbmax
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Is it the Drug and Alcohol Policy that provides for two positives before first suspension or is it the PED program as well?

https://twitter.com/#!/HBalzer721/status/179677513151295488

Howard Balzer ‏ @HBalzer721
Amidst the madness, according to league source, Packers DE Mike Neal suspended for for first four games of 2012 season
Retweeted by tom silverstein

Patler
03-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Well he sure is screwing up the start of his career something fierce.

pittstang5
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Son of a.....

What the hell?

C'mon man!

Joemailman
03-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Taking steroids to try and hasten injury healing?

The NFL has released a statement confirming the suspension. Here it is:

Mike Neal of the Green Bay Packers has been suspended without pay for the team’s first four games of the 2012 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Neal will be eligible to return to the Packers’ active roster on the day after the team’s fourth regular-season game of the 2012 season.

Neal is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

pbmax
03-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Taking steroids to try and hasten injury healing?

Maybe, but at a glance he looks like a weight room fanatic. Even without an injury, I would not have been surprised by this. I know looks can be deceiving and have no proof, but he looks like a cartoon in his upper body.

pittstang5
03-13-2012, 04:46 PM
Again, I ask, how does this stuff happen? Don't they have a list. Don't trainers have a list of what players can and can't take. Millions of dollars on the line and these simpletons mess it up.

Joemailman
03-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Time for the Packers to take a real hands-on stance on Neal's training. He hasn't been involved in their off-season training program yet, with the lockout last year. They need to stress they're paying him to be a football player, not a weight lifter.

sheepshead
03-13-2012, 04:51 PM
Well - we've certainly have had better days haven't we?

ND72
03-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Holy ballsack....

denverYooper
03-13-2012, 05:02 PM

Yep.

Patler
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
Again, I ask, how does this stuff happen? Don't they have a list. Don't trainers have a list of what players can and can't take. Millions of dollars on the line and these simpletons mess it up.

I think the players know exactly what they are doing, and what will happen if they get caught. They do it intentionally, hoping to not get caught. I hope they are doing it behind the trainers backs, but one never knows for sure.

Joemailman
03-13-2012, 05:06 PM
By using PED's, he's showing more motivation than Justin Harrell did.

denverYooper
03-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Time for the Packers to take a real hands-on stance on Neal's training. He hasn't been involved in their off-season training program yet, with the lockout last year. They need to stress they're paying him to be a football player, not a weight lifter.

This. I suspect his injury problems also stem from his weight room fanaticism.

Old School
03-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Dumb ass!

Guiness
03-13-2012, 05:29 PM

Start? He's going into his 3rd year - approaching middle of an average career awful quickly.

How does this happen someone else asked? Guys trying to get an edge, same as it's always been.

denverYooper
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Apparently GB needs to create a position on their DL staff for DARE officer.

pbmax
03-13-2012, 05:38 PM

You are barking up the wrong tree. Many are taking things not even contemplated by the list or doing known agents in a manner that will avoid detection. It all depends on how well they know what they are doing, or, having someone to work with who knows it. That plus timing, or a little luck.

And if they spend real money, they can take things that won't show up on the tests. Barry Bonds and the Olympic folks were busted not by the standard PED screen, but by a new test developed after the fact after someone handed over a sample of the synthetic that Balco developed. The USADA then retested stored samples and got positives. It took years for that to happen.

But in Neal's case, we only know about one instance. So its very difficult to draw any definitive conclusions.

Patler
03-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Start? He's going into his 3rd year - approaching middle of an average career awful quickly.

How does this happen someone else asked? Guys trying to get an edge, same as it's always been.

I didn't men this instance in isolation, I meant combined with his first two nonexistent years in the league.

Smidgeon
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM

Well, at least Harrell played for a full year... (or most of one; don't remember if he got injured at the end or beginning of his rookie year).

gbpackfan
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
What a great start to free agency for the Packers! I hate this guy.

Guiness
03-13-2012, 05:52 PM
I didn't men this instance in isolation, I meant combined with his first two nonexistent years in the league.

Ya, I know what you meant, I was just pointing out that he's not a spring chicken anymore - third year in the league, he should be hitting his stride, but we're hoping he warrants a roster spot.

Patler
03-13-2012, 06:02 PM

I don't think Harrell had a motivation problem.

pittstang5
03-13-2012, 06:05 PM
But in Neal's case, we only know about one instance. So its very difficult to draw any definitive conclusions.

One instance or not, he failed the PED test, he's suspended...it should not have happened. That's my take.

esoxx
03-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Bust

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 06:49 PM
His ass is grass.

red
03-13-2012, 07:45 PM
so the dudes on performance enhancers and he still sucks?

thats just great

RashanGary
03-13-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm perfectly OK with it. If it helps him get back strong, it's worth those first 4 games.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm perfectly OK with it. If it helps him get back strong, it's worth those first 4 games.

Any way you do it...that's the way I like it.

What was the name of that song and what group made it a hit?

gbgary
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

idiot!

Packers4Glory
03-13-2012, 08:31 PM
so he'll miss the first 4 games, and then get hurt and miss the next 9. got it.

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 09:37 PM
so he'll miss the first 4 games, and then get hurt and miss the next 9. got it.

and....TT will keep him around; yet fail to resign his Pro Bowl Center. Release a solid Packer in Donald Driver. An ALL Time great and leader on the team. A solid community leader.

Release Chad Clifton and let Ryan Grant go somewhere? I can see that but why?; after losing...... his Pro Bowl center and leader on his teams OL?

You don't put the wagon ahead of the horse.

pittstang5
03-13-2012, 09:42 PM
and....TT will keep him around; yet fail to resign his Pro Bowl Center. Release a solid Packer in Donald Driver. An ALL Time great and leader on the team. A solid community leader.

Release Chad Clifton and Ryan Grant? I can see that but why?; after losing his Pro Bowl center and leader on his teams OL?

You don't put the wagon ahead of the horse.

Man woody, you really got a hard-on for Wells. I agree it sucks with the possibility of losing Wells, but have some faith, TT has a plan....I hope.

And Grant wasn't released...he's a Free Agent.

George Cumby
03-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Don't "performance enhancing drugs" have to, you know, enhance performance?

Balls.

Iron Mike
03-13-2012, 11:23 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s320x320/424359_322868437770255_282352885155144_938729_8131 45743_n.jpg

It wasn't like he was gonna make it to "awesome" from "sucks" next year.....

woodbuck27
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
Man woody, you really got a hard-on for Wells. I agree it sucks with the possibility of losing Wells, but have some faith, TT has a plan....I hope.

And Grant wasn't released...he's a Free Agent.

Thanks. really isn't TT 'the Greatest'. I'm sure...he's got the plan......I hope. LOL

mraynrand
03-14-2012, 12:24 AM
You would think Neal could get his sentence reduce to "Time Served"

Fritz
03-14-2012, 07:40 AM
When you look at the JSO article and the names of former Packers suspended for probable PED use, they're a list of wannbe nobodies....Jude Waddy.....Torrance Marshall - names like that.

That's bad news for Mike Neal.

Cheesehead Craig
03-14-2012, 09:50 AM
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/images/smilies/smilie_thud.gif

idiot!

That about sums it up.

Upnorth
03-14-2012, 10:06 AM
On the bright side our D is used to him not showing up to play.

hoosier
03-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Neal's mom is insiting she knows what he took and that it wasn't a PED. McGinn points out that it could have been medication for ADD. That wouldn't affect the suspension but it might mean Neal isn't the idiot he seems to be. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/142555005.html

Fritz
03-14-2012, 01:15 PM
This is possible, Hoosier. Quite possible.

On the flip side, my mother still doesn't know I smoke pot.

denverYooper
03-14-2012, 01:23 PM

Sure she doesn't...

Fritz
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Don't make me paranoid, man. I just huffed on a doob.

denverYooper
03-14-2012, 04:23 PM

I hope you used the thingy with the dryer sheets stuffed into a paper towel core and put a towel under the door.

Joemailman
03-14-2012, 04:30 PM

Is a doob a PED?

denverYooper
03-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Is a doob a PED?

Only if you're snowboarding.

Tony Oday
03-14-2012, 06:50 PM
TT has a history of drafting d line drug addicts...

hoosier
03-14-2012, 07:43 PM

Yeah, but in Neal's case his mom says she knows it wasn't a PED because she takes the same thing. For your analogy to work you would have to say something like "My dad still doesn't know my Mom and I smoke pot."

Little Whiskey
03-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah, but in Neal's case his mom says she knows it wasn't a PED because she takes the same thing. For your analogy to work you would have to say something like "My dad still doesn't know my Mom and I smoke pot."

was neal's mom also suspended for 4 games due to a PED? or is neal's mom ryan braun? hmmmm

pbmax
03-14-2012, 09:03 PM
TT has a history of drafting d line drug addicts...

I think Neal is more addicted to weightlifting than Jolly was.

woodbuck27
03-15-2012, 06:16 AM

One thing in life we all should hope remains a constant. That Mom's will always defend their sons actions and failing that LOVE those son's.

pbmax
03-15-2012, 07:39 AM

I knew there was a reason I laughed at your posts for 15 minutes straight.

Fritz
03-15-2012, 01:20 PM
So you're stoned too, eh?

hoosier, for my analogy to work, I'd have to say that my mom doesn't know I smoke pot because she's smoking pot too and is thus acutely unaware of the world around her, except for the really cool way the light reflects off that mirror in the hallway and the exquisite taste of Doritos and peanut butter.

swede
03-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I was no good at that. Dark figures lurked in the shadows, laughter from another room meant someone had taped my life and was playing it back secretly to the cheer squad to humiliate me, and my hands wanted to leave my arms and live with the squids.

The Doritos were good, but they were never enough.

Fritz
03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, that's the way the world really is, pot or not.

Isn't it?

pbmax
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
So you're stoned too, eh?

hoosier, for my analogy to work, I'd have to say that my mom doesn't know I smoke pot because she's smoking pot too and is thus acutely unaware of the world around her, except for the really cool way the light reflects off that mirror in the hallway and the exquisite taste of Doritos and peanut butter.

Susceptible to contact highs.

sharpe1027
03-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Well, that's the way the world really is, pot or not.

Isn't it?

You would need to stop smoking to find out. Something tells me this question may go unanswered.

Harlan Huckleby
03-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Cletidus Hunt
Jamal Reynolds
Joe Johnson
Kenny Peterson
Johnny Jolly
Justin Harrell
Mike Neal

The parade of disappointment at Dline continues

pbmax
03-28-2012, 11:22 AM

Well, I have to give you credit for considering this option. Because either Neal was being treated by someone with no knowledge of existing NFL protocols (something his team and agent should be attempting to prevent) or he is dumb. At least dumb about the correct course of action in such a case. Because there was indeed a list in this case.

Fritz
03-28-2012, 12:42 PM
You would need to stop smoking to find out. Something tells me this question may go unanswered.

I'm kinda freaking out, Sharpe. Your avatar looks like my avatar, except for those red tints. Does this mean...you're me? Or I'm you? Or that you're kinda like me except you're possessed by Satan?

It's gonna take me a few hits to figure this one out.

MadtownPacker
03-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Damn I didn't know this thread was about bud!!

sharpe1027
03-28-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm kinda freaking out, Sharpe. Your avatar looks like my avatar, except for those red tints. Does this mean...you're me? Or I'm you? Or that you're kinda like me except you're possessed by Satan?

It's gonna take me a few hits to figure this one out.

Hmm...freaking out/paranoia, red (bloodshot) eyes, philosophical musings...

Let me know what you decide on the you vs. me thing. I'd like to know myself.

Fritz
03-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Damn I didn't know this thread was about bud!!

Hell yeah it is!

http://www.traileraddict.com/content/walt-disney-pictures/air_bud.jpg

Joemailman
03-28-2012, 04:07 PM
On the bright side our D is used to him not showing up to play.

On the even brighter side, he should be healthy heading into October for a change.

By the way, I was kidding when I said this:

Originally Posted by Joemailman

woodbuck27
03-28-2012, 06:36 PM
Cletidus Hunt
Jamal Reynolds
Joe Johnson
Kenny Peterson
Johnny Jolly
Justin Harrell
Mike Neal

The parade of disappointment at Dline continues

That moose has 'the Devil' in him.

woodbuck27
03-28-2012, 06:48 PM
I was no good at that. Dark figures lurked in the shadows, laughter from another room meant someone had taped my life and was playing it back secretly to the cheer squad to humiliate me, and my hands wanted to leave my arms and live with the squids.

The Doritos were good, but they were never enough.

Ok so..... no Mary Jane!

but.....Yahoooo to acid?

Dark figures lurking; paranoia induced by laughter 'at a party' no less; delusions of humiliation; hands seperating from arms and attracting the attention of Jacques Cousteau and food for squids.

ACID !

woodbuck27
06-06-2012, 11:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8014363/green-bay-packers-mike-neal-plans-second-appeal-suspension

Mike Neal planning another appealUpdated:

AP : June 5, 2012, 10:08 PM ET

GREEN BAY, Wis. --

" Mike Neal plans on proving his critics wrong this season. And he believes he'll be playing on opening day.

The Green Bay Packers defensive end said Tuesday he intends to appeal once again the four-game suspension he received from the NFL on March 13 for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs." Fr. LINK

GO PACKERS !

BobDobbs
06-06-2012, 02:43 PM
If the dudes got ADD then how is he supposed to pay attention to all those rules about what drugs to take. This is a miscarriage of justice. I want justice!

KYPack
06-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Neal was taking speed.

Aderral or whatever it's called is speed with a fancy name.

MadScientist
06-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Neal was taking speed.

Aderral or whatever it's called is speed with a fancy name.

Yes, but the effects on hyperactive people is well documented to be different than the effects on normal people. What may hurt Neal's appeal is that he said the adderall was for OCD. Some doctors do prescribe it for OCD, but the results are mixed, with many people saying it makes OCD much worse. In any event, Neal did not follow procedure and got nailed for it.

Packers4Glory
06-07-2012, 07:15 AM
he will not win

smuggler
06-07-2012, 12:45 PM
If he takes it outside of the system and goes to the courts like the Williams wall did, and he does indeed have a prescription, he will at the very least postpone the suspension for a few years.

Freak Out
06-07-2012, 02:05 PM

She knows because I told her.

Fritz
06-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Mike Neal with OCD?

Maybe that explains the obsession with the weights...

Smidgeon
06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Mike Neal with OCD?

Maybe that explains the obsession with the weights...

Is it actual OCD or self-diagnosed OCD? That's always my question. I have self-diagnosed OCD, but that doesn't mean I have clinical OCD...

pbmax
06-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Another player had an adderall positive overturned, but I do not remember the details of why. It was on NFL appeal, not the courts.

MadScientist
06-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Another player had an adderall positive overturned, but I do not remember the details of why. It was on NFL appeal, not the courts.

I don't think all the details have been released as to why the suspension got nixed, but he had the prescription for ADHD (the standard thing that adderall is used for) and he had it since before he came in to the league.

My speculation is that he informed the league about it at the combine (if he attended there) so the positive was ignored, then he continued taking it, and renewed the prescription, but somehow it wasn't categorized as approved by the league. On appeal they decided that his actions were close enough to the requirements that the appeal was granted and the suspension dropped.

Since Neal got the prescription after entering the league, he needed to get it approved and did not, so he gets the suspension. I suspect he won't get it overturned and I don't think the CBA has any outside options for him.