PDA

View Full Version : Report: Wells Has Picked New Team

Pages : 1 [2]

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 12:11 PM
dp

woodbuck27
If you kids don't knock it off I swear to God I am going to pull this thread over and make you all walk home!

It's time to take this thread now that Scott Wells is a RAM and Archive it.

These kids just need 'their pound of meat' when they can't be distracted by something more compellingly destructive .

ANY CHANCE WE CAN TANK this thread?? It's 'ONLY' going to lead to the sort of destructive BS we don't need at Packerrats and hardly anymore........ football related.

I request the the Administration ** remove this thread as the most expedient way to ending the kind of back and forth that hurts this Packer forum the most. Please and Thanks, woodbuck27

** That move **

Will have a similiar effect as 'OFF'. Keep the pests away.

As in 'off ' SC.

As in ' off ' Zool.

Upnorth
If you kids don't knock it off I swear to God I am going to pull this thread over and make you all walk home!

Kids listen to your father, you know how he gets when he's angry!

Scott Campbell
03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Weak attempts to attack woodbuck27 that failed.

:lol:

He really is funny.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but why would we lets Wells go then host Saturday as our first FA meeting this offseason? Wells was everybit as good as Saturday, knows our offense and was 6 years younger (i think). THis just makes no sense to me.

Patler
03-20-2012, 12:31 PM
It's time to take this thread now that Scott Wells is a RAM and Archive it.

These kids just need 'their pound of meat' when they can't be distracted by something more compellingly destructive .

ANY CHANCE WE CAN TANK this thread?? It's 'ONLY' going to lead to the sort of destructive BS we don't need at Packerrats and hardly anymore........ football related.

I request the the Administration ** remove this thread as the most expedient way to ending the kind of back and forth that hurts this Packer forum the most. Please and Thanks, woodbuck27

** That move **

Will have a similiar effect as 'OFF'. Keep the pests away.

As in 'off ' SC.

As in ' off ' Zool.

"It's his fault!"
"No it's your fault!"
"You did it first."
"But you made me do it!"
"Dad, make him stop!"

Patler
03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but why would we lets Wells go then host Saturday as our first FA meeting this offseason? Wells was everybit as good as Saturday, knows our offense and was 6 years younger (i think). THis just makes no sense to me.

Two reasons that I can think of:

1. They hope to sign Saturday within the financial range they were willing to pay to Wells.
2. Wells really was more interested in moving on then staying, so negotiations went no where.

Zool
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Let me see. Ignore list.

Is Zool on that list. mmmm He should be. Let me see.

Ohh good he is.

Zool why are you adament like SC posting me when 'your both' on my ignore list? Please don't continue that conversation with yourself ...with me.

I'm ignoring you two posters. Why is it so difficult for you and scott Campbell to let go? Grow mister.

Get that...good.

I know dear fellow. you two would love to put mke in stocks and every day pummel me with garbage.

I choose to be 'a Free Man'. I deserve 'only' that.

Hey...guy. I tried being civil with you. Get fucked.

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 12:44 PM
"It's his fault!"
"No it's your fault!"
"You did it first."
"But you made me do it!"
"Dad, make him stop!"

Patler go back over this thread.

It begins to sour when I simply request MJ's source for her comment that Scott Wells 'had a chip on his shoulder' and for that reason was going to depart Green Bay.

I then challenged her on her choice of sources.

I countered MJ and that source and she gets her face in a twist. I defended my position well. She was entitled to maintain her stance but to do so with some comportment.

MJ decided to advance her position in a clear attack on my character. I denied her attack and suddeny the likes of posters (SC and Zool) join the fray.

Where I come from we are attracted to a 'fish fry'. Were not much interested in a 'shit fry'.

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 12:50 PM

1. They hope to sign Saturday within the financial range they were willing to pay to Wells.
2. Wells really was more interested in moving on then staying, so negotiations went no where.

Great were back on TOPIC. Thanks Patler.

How can you have a fair barganing for a contract when the offer by the Packers (Ted Thompson and the Packer Negotiator of contracts offer >>> Scott Wells) 'no doubt'; was insulting to our Pro Bowl Center?

Opinions are devided as to why Scott Wells is now a RAM.

He simply received an offer that he felt he deserved. That 'of course' promted Scott Wells to move on as any sensable man would.

End of story.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM

however with the amount of injuries on the oline last year why would we entertain a 37yr old center? i know he has good history with injuries but it seems ludacris to take that extra risk.

Scott Campbell
03-20-2012, 12:56 PM
I request the the Administration ** remove this thread as the most expedient way to .................

....................cover up your latest meltdown. :lol:

pbmax
03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Patler go back over this thread.

It begins to sour when I simply request MJ's source for her comment that Scott Wells 'had a chip on his shoulder' and for that reason was going to depart Green Bay.

I then challenged her on her choice of sources.

I countered MJ and that source and she gets her face in a twist. I defended my position well. She was entitled to maintain her stance but to do so with some comportment.

MJ decided to advance her position in a clear attack on my character. I denied her attack and suddeny the likes of posters (SC and Zool) join the fray.

Where I come from we are attracted to a 'fish fry'. Were not much interested in a 'shit fry'.

At which stage did woodbuck post and blame her hormones for the disagreement?

Cheesehead Craig
03-20-2012, 03:18 PM
however with the amount of injuries on the oline last year why would we entertain a 37yr old center? i know he has good history with injuries but it seems ludacris to take that extra risk.

It would be better to start with Saturday, a known commodity than a unknown one there would be my guess. Especially if the Pack can get him for the price they want. That way perhaps they can bring someone along as his backup who can get a better handle on the position a bit more slowly than just being thrown into the fray right off the bat.

Ludicris? That's just your hormones talking. ;)

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
It would be better to start with Saturday, a known commodity than a unknown one there would be my guess. Especially if the Pack can get him for the price they want. That way perhaps they can bring someone along as his backup who can get a better handle on the position a bit more slowly than just being thrown into the fray right off the bat.

1) Lud (a) cris .... 2) lud (a) cris .... lud (i) cris

1) A fella that makes music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludacris

2) How some pronounce the word ludacris

3) How some other people pronounce the word ludacris.

it's all good. (-:

Guiness
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM

Here...

MJ are you off your 'hormone therapy' ? Your testosterone elevated?

Get off your 'high horse' MJ. I learned a long time ago to never argue with 'dead wrong'. Neither you nor I know all the facts RE: TT and Scott Wells.

To speculate on TT's position as Scott Wells entered Free Agency would be pure blunder bordering on the ridiculous; given TT's personality to reveal little that is on his mind to anyone. TT is for all intents and purposes reclusive,vague to silent in his manner of being the Packers GM.

Haven't you noticed 'this TRUTH' MJZiggy?

Again on the real matter of your angst. You use a source to back up your position that just yesterday you denounced as a writer.... that you refused to read.

Are you confused now about Bob McGinn? Is that writer back in your graces? Have you flip - floped on Bob McGinn?

Again let go of this. Stop !!!!!!!!!!!! You cannot win.

Patler
03-20-2012, 03:40 PM

If Wells didn't fit within the salary cap "box" they were willing to give him, what choice did they have?

Besides, they might very well be looking at Saturday as a very short term solution, just a year or two. It gives them a lot more flexibility if they sign him to a short term contract, even if the one or two year commitment is about the same as Wells' for those one or two years. This has often been a sticking point with the Packers and older veterans, the length of contract more than the cost/year.

AtlPackFan
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
If Wells didn't fit within the salary cap "box" they were willing to give him, what choice did they have?

Besides, they might very well be looking at Saturday as a very short term solution, just a year or two. It gives them a lot more flexibility if they sign him to a short term contract, even if the one or two year commitment is about the same as Wells' for those one or two years. This has often been a sticking point with the Packers and older veterans, the length of contract more than the cost/year.

I would be surprised if Saturday doesn't sign with Denver. Comfort level. He and Manning can grow old(er) together.

Patler
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I thought Denver had a young center (Walton) that they liked? Third round draft pick that started since he was a rookie. Their guards are young, but experienced too. Are they bringing in Saturday just because Manning likes the feel of his butt?
Seems kind of silly to me.

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM

pbmax. Now where are you going with this?

I aked two questions? MJZiggy seemed a tad too into it so I exercised concern.

Didn't you observe the question marks at the end of those sentences???

It should be clear to you (anyone) that questions are not:

any part of.... a post that blames her (MJZiggy) hormones (MJZiggy's hormones) for the disagreement?

I clearly and 'only' asked her questions. Ohh should I have sent her a PM and risked harassment charges from this poster?

This poster that has clearly leaned into me being a mysogynst.....the two can hardly be compared as afronts of equal force and in my case questions have to be looked as as strictly that.

Questions. That doesn't give MJZiggy any right to take the swings she did at me. Given those swings. inferring 'at least' if not outright accusing that:

I'm 'a mysogynst' and 'a hate monger' clearly make me the victim if ther needs to be one in this pile of CRAP she (not I) is possibly drumming up. I sure hope she has better sence. A better sense of herself.

MJZiggy 'the victim'. Come on man. Hardly correct analysis on your part if your going there.

Maybe? some prejudice? NO!

Note ... that is what?? A question...pbmax?

Your too smart to be confused by this nonsence. (-:

Freak Out
03-20-2012, 04:45 PM
lol.

Patler
03-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Is this thread like the show "Fringe", with different members experiencing different realities?
Do we have multiple universes between which we are bouncing back and forth?

That's the only way I can draw any logical flow to what I am reading.

Freak Out
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Is this thread like the show "Fringe", with different members experiencing different realities?

As usual Patler nails it. :)

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Yes well....isn't nonsence a tad confusing?

Boy !! Am I ever 'paying attention to my punctuation'

This is a period (.).

This is a QUESTION MARK (?).

Hey I just thought of this again... It must be a deja Vu experience thing.....

Let's dump this thread and someone 'if necessary' begin a brand new thread.

Call it ... Scott Wells Continued. maybe? To add a bit more DRAMA:

Scottt Wells 'the SAGA' of a Packer Center'.

How about this....SCOTT WELLS....GONE!

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Political Correctness and Anything... Scott Wells.

Reference **

** http://www.tentmaker.org/Quotes/political_correctness_quotes.html

AtlPackFan
03-20-2012, 05:09 PM
I thought Denver had a young center (Walton) that they liked? Third round draft pick that started since he was a rookie. Their guards are young, but experienced too. Are they bringing in Saturday just because Manning likes the feel of his butt?
Seems kind of silly to me.

Would agree. But from what I read/heard, Denver is his last stop after visiting with other teams - including the Packers - and the expectation is he will sign there if the money is agreeable. But all these talking/writing heads have an opinion, reality is usually quite different.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 05:34 PM

YOU BITCH! Wanna make the meadow best two out of three????
If we get Saturday super cheap, i'm okay with EDS backing him up, but we would need to re-enter the center derby again next year. He is a one year stopgap and that is not how you stay on top. Also next year there is much fewer centers in FA so the price goes up.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM

Damn I thought it was a Lost flashback / forward / sidewards sorta thing.

On a related note Regina has a LFL team! There name is the rage and look out every 28 days! (see how i worked the hormone thing in this flash sideways) http://regina.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20120306/sask-regina-rage-120306/20120306/?hub=Regina

LEWCWA
03-20-2012, 05:52 PM
This is some funny shit. Why would you guys argue about this? Certainly Wells has felt under appreciated at times and probably had a small chip on his shoulder. Guess what, had TT offered
Wells more money he would be a Packer and that chip would be gone. He was offered more money by the Rams than GB was willing to pay and he is moving his family to St. Louis. It is just ludicrous to argue why when the money is the deciding factor! Whether he is worth that money is a different arguement altogether, but he left for the money not some misguided chip on his shoulder!

Scott Campbell
03-20-2012, 06:00 PM

I hear ya. But I only count one member experiencing different realities.

And he's fairly experienced at experiencing different realities.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 08:11 PM
I hear ya. But I only count one member experiencing different realities.

And he's fairly experienced at experiencing different realities.

Are you dropping acid again??? I thought you quit.

Scott Campbell
03-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Are you dropping acid again??? I thought you quit.

I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

Iron Mike
03-20-2012, 10:00 PM
I picked a bad week to stop sniffing glue.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_les3q3jnhU1qbg0uuo1_250.jpg

woodbuck27
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
This is some funny shit. Why would you guys argue about this? Certainly Wells has felt under appreciated at times and probably had a small chip on his shoulder. Guess what, had TT offered
Wells more money he would be a Packer and that chip would be gone. He was offered more money by the Rams than GB was willing to pay and he is moving his family to St. Louis. It is just ludicrous to argue why when the money is the deciding factor! Whether he is worth that money is a different arguement altogether, but he left for the money not some misguided chip on his shoulder!

Thanks...Thank You...Thank You so much. (-:

Cheesehead Craig
03-21-2012, 10:58 AM
From an interview with Scott Wells on why he signed with the Rams:

Scott Wells talks about why he's with the Rams (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/former-packers-c-scott-wells-joins-st-louis-eager-to-play-for-new-rams-coach-jeff-fisher/2012/03/19/gIQA6LapNS_story.html)

Here's some highlights:
* He grew up in TN and was a big Jeff Fisher fan (when he was a coach of the Titans), thus he went with the opportunity to play for him.
* Closer to his home in TN.
* Said it was a tough decision to leave GB, but chose STL due to Fisher.

So my analysis of this article is that Wells simply got an offer to play for a coach for whom he had a lot of respect for a long time and took it. He never once mentioned money being a big factor. Given Wells said it was hard to leave, I think that TT made a solid offer to keep him and it was just a long-time personal preference of the coach to play for that drove Wells to STL.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 11:16 AM

Scott Wells talks about why he's with the Rams (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/former-packers-c-scott-wells-joins-st-louis-eager-to-play-for-new-rams-coach-jeff-fisher/2012/03/19/gIQA6LapNS_story.html)

Here's some highlights:
* He grew up in TN and was a big Jeff Fisher fan (when he was a coach of the Titans), thus he went with the opportunity to play for him.

So my analysis of this article is that Wells simply got an offer to play for a coach for whom he had a lot of respect for a long time and took it. He never once mentioned money being a big factor. Given Wells said it was hard to leave, I think that TT made a solid offer to keep him and it was just a long-time personal preference of the coach to play for that drove Wells to STL.

Great post. Good work. I hoped that soon Scott Wells would make some statement about becoming a RAM and here is further proof of this man's pure professionalism and intelligence.

I hope he does very well as a RAM.

I hope and trust that TT can come up with a solution for a big hole now that Scott Wells is gone. TT has his work cut out for himself replacing Scott Wells.

Yank it any way you want Packer fans. We lost a highly respected, mentoring, leader off our OL. OUR top ranked OLman. A Pro Bowler last season and who's to say his stock wasn't rising. This player had grit.

That's 'a bunch' to replace for $3.5 - 4.5 Million$ per season or less.

Guiness
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM

Here's some highlights:

That seems a little odd - he never played for Fisher before? So he watched the guy's teams on TV (or maybe in person) and decided he wanted to play for him? Don't understand that!

He didn't mention money, but you have to think that had something to do with it. This is his big contract, he's only going to get one of them. We'll never know if the Pack offered him something approaching that, it seem pretty expensive...although if Clifton is gone, our tackles, usually where the money is spent on an o-line, are pretty cheap. Bulaga's contract isn't bad, and Newhouse/Sherrod at LT aren't really getting starting LT money either. Minus Clifton, we've got a pretty cheap OL, don't we?

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 01:05 PM
That seems a little odd - he never played for Fisher before? So he watched the guy's teams on TV (or maybe in person) and decided he wanted to play for him? Don't understand that!

He didn't mention money, but you have to think that had something to do with it. This is his big contract, he's only going to get one of them. We'll never know if the Pack offered him something approaching that, it seem pretty expensive...although if Clifton is gone, our tackles, usually where the money is spent on an o-line, are pretty cheap. Bulaga's contract isn't bad, and Newhouse/Sherrod at LT aren't really getting starting LT money either. Minus Clifton, we've got a pretty cheap OL, don't we?

Right now..my concern.

Do we have an intact decent starting OL? Left to right ...how solid are we at OL?

LEWCWA
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM

Here's some highlights:

While I can appreciate the sentiment here (and it is all true on the surface), it is a bunch of athlete speech. It just wouldn't sound to pc had he said I went where the money took me! On the other hand, had GB offered 4 at 26, who here thinks he would be sounding off about how great Fish is? Of course he wouldn't, he would be touting TT, MM and another ring! Wells has his shit together and will be successful, but I firmly believe he is not a difference maker and I really don't think we are going to miss him all that much. This is a tough business and big splashes in FA have proven fools gold over and over again. You can't run a team and throw every great guy and extra million bucks above your ceiling with out paying for it 2 fold later on down the road. For every Reggie and Woodson, there are way more busts and cap anchors! Just ask the Redskins! Remember it is wise to get rid of a guy too early than keep him too long! This is a young mans game and Scotty is on the wrong side of 30.

Scott Campbell
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
While I can appreciate the sentiment here (and it is all true on the surface), it is a bunch of athlete speech. It just wouldn't sound to pc had he said I went where the money took me! On the other hand, had GB offered 4 at 26, who here thinks he would be sounding off about how great Fish is? Of course he wouldn't, he would be touting TT, MM and another ring! Wells has his shit together and will be successful, but I firmly believe he is not a difference maker and I really don't think we are going to miss him all that much. This is a tough business and big splashes in FA have proven fools gold over and over again. You can't run a team and throw every great guy and extra million bucks above your ceiling with out paying for it 2 fold later on down the road. For every Reggie and Woodson, there are way more busts and cap anchors! Just ask the Redskins! Remember it is wise to get rid of a guy too early than keep him too long! This is a young mans game and Scotty is on the wrong side of 30.

When you have the success we've had over the last couple of years, it gets tougher to keep everybody. Other teams start over valuing your players.

LEWCWA
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM
That is very true. Plus it is hard for us not to over value them as well. That is what TT seems to do well. He doesn't seem to let emotions get in his way. This is what this position and player is worth and that is it. bidding wars usually end up bad for the winner.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 02:03 PM
That is very true. Plus it is hard for us not to over value them as well. That is what TT seems to do well. He doesn't seem to let emotions get in his way. This is what this position and player is worth and that is it. bidding wars usually end up bad for the winner.

Yup. The best way not to get into a bidding war is to 'stay right out of the market'.

For the most part that seems to be the Ted Thompson Free Agency Creedo.

LEWCWA
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
The thing is TT doesn't completely stay away. If he did, we wouldn't have Woodson or Pickett. I really think TT has good command of what he is looking for and at what price. If that player shows up he will sign them. He just isn't going to overpay for that final piece like so many other gm's.

Patler
03-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Right now..my concern.

Do we have an intact decent starting OL? Left to right ...how solid are we at OL?

Don't the Packers have everyone back, EXCEPT Wells?
Shouldn't Sitton at least start the season healthier than last year?
Shouldn't Newhouse start the season with more experience than last year when he came in unexpectedly?
Shouldn't we expect Newhouse to improve with a full off-season of work?
Won't Lang have a solid year of experience at LG, which he did not have to start 2011?
Shouldn't we expect Bulaga to start healthy and further improve in his 3rd season, especially with an off-season of work?
Should Sherrod improve, when healthy, in his second season?

It seems to me that although Wells is gone and there is uncertainty at center, there are reasons to expect improvements at the other four positions over what we had in 2011.

None of Newhouse, Lang or Bulaga has yet gone through a full NFL off season of work. Newhouse and Bulaga had none last year following their rookie years. Lang missed last season, obviously, but also missed off-season work after his rookie season due to wrist surgery.

LEWCWA
03-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm really starting to believe Clifton will be back for one last go round. The guy is a borderline hof lt in my opinion and I think GB is going to try and squeeze one more season out of him. Hoping Sherrod will be ready to go the following season.....that is a big hope. With his injury he will have missed 2 complete offseasons and that doesn't bode well for the youngster.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 02:59 PM
Don't the Packers have everyone back, EXCEPT Wells?
Shouldn't Sitton at least start the season healthier than last year?
Shouldn't Newhouse start the season with more experience than last year when he came in unexpectedly?
Shouldn't we expect Newhouse to improve with a full off-season of work?
Won't Lang have a solid year of experience at LG, which he did not have to start 2011?
Shouldn't we expect Bulaga to start healthy and further improve in his 3rd season, especially with an off-season of work?
Should Sherrod improve, when healthy, in his second season?

It seems to me that although Wells is gone and there is uncertainty at center, there are reasons to expect improvements at the other four positions over what we had in 2011.

None of Newhouse, Lang or Bulaga has yet gone through a full NFL off season of work. Newhouse and Bulaga had none last year following their rookie years. Lang missed last season, obviously, but also missed off-season work after his rookie season due to wrist surgery.

Thanks Patler.

I see and understand your viewpoint. I believe your saying this:

Essentially, everyone will be get off season workouts and a full TC. The OL will grow and be better set this season over last; given the strike delayed start.

pbmax
03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
MJ are you off your 'hormone therapy' ? Your testosterone elevated?

pbmax. Now where are you going with this?

I aked two questions? MJZiggy seemed a tad too into it so I exercised concern.

Didn't you observe the question marks at the end of those sentences???

Note ... that is what?? A question...pbmax?

Woodbuck, are you off your Alzeheimer's meds? Is the protein buildup blocking rational thought?

Not all questions are simply questions. Yours and mine are insults with a question mark at the end. There is no compassion in either exchange and you are dissembling to pretend there is.

If you truly desired reasonable and honorable debate, you would not use such a tactic. But everyone can lose their head when heated.

If you truly desired the TRUTH, you would admit those two questions were insulting.

Scott Campbell
03-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Woodbuck, are you off your Alzeheimer's meds? Is the protein buildup blocking rational thought?

Not all questions are simply questions. Yours and mine are insults with a question mark at the end.

I dunno. Yours seem pretty legit in retrospect.

SnakeLH2006
03-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Three things Snake notices on this thread, as I'm rarely on:

1) Emo dudes should stay in Twilite movies or move on...
2) Wells did. He got paid...
3) Woodbuck (Partial?) take a breather brah, or just get laid...Geez...

SnakeLH2006
03-23-2012, 02:57 AM
Ooooooohhh...you said it!

http://moon.felk.cvut.cz/%7Episem1/blog/KnightsWhoSayNi.jpg

Lol...Snake luvs TT...but if he's gonna be vilified...nobody tops the unexplainable Pyramid Head:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-gC8i6kUI-R0/silent_hill_pyramid_head_spoiler_scene/

woodbuck27
03-23-2012, 06:19 AM
http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Thoughts-on-Flynn-and-Wells/9ae31830-0605-482d-be56-b922d721b251

From Ask Vic and On Scott Weels leaving Green Bay:

Will from Mt. Laurel, NJ

With Scott Wells signing with the Rams, we find ourselves with a troublesome situation.

"And that’s why we have to assume the Packers have a distinct strategy for replacing Wells.

Allowing Wells to leave in free agency is a bold move.

It’s part of ** that discipline to which I referred. They had a position on Wells and they weren’t going to compromise it, so the Packers challenged themselves to replace him. They know what they’re going to do. We don’t know, but they do.

Sometimes you just have to trust in that." Vic Ketchman

** Michael from Watertown, WI

Is there any particular reason the Packers are not making any big moves in free agency?

"It’s because they have discipline.

They have strong beliefs and they are disciplined in their adherence to those beliefs.

I’m glad they are the way they are because it dovetails with what I believe, and that allows me to answer these questions from my heart.

I believe in the draft. I believe free agency can be used in its more affordable stages to find a gem here and there, but it should always be secondary to the draft in a team’s pursuit of talent.

Football is a game of replacement, not maintenance. It’s a young man’s game.

I believe with all my heart in those two statements.

Good personnel departments challenge themselves to find new talent to develop.

They don’t fill their roster full of players the competition didn’t want.

A patch here and there is necessary, but the less necessary it is the better off you are because that means you’re drafting well, and teams that draft well play well. " Vic Ketchman