PDA

View Full Version : Listen to this Garbage

No Mo Moss
08-17-2006, 08:39 AM
I don't know why this suprisies me, but KFAN radio is totally ripping Favre up here in MN. These are the QBs they are saying they would rather have on their team then Favre.
David Carr
Alex Smith
Kurt Warner
Kitna
Marc Bulger
Chris SImms

(just some of the reaaly good ones)
Of course then they say with a straight face. "This isn't just because he's a packer Either. Right, I'm sure.

chewy-bacca
08-17-2006, 08:41 AM
they didnt say there boy Brad Johnson in that list?

FavreChild
08-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Or Cul-pecker??

"You are tuned in to KFAN, America's number-one inferiority complex radio."

No Mo Moss
08-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Oh, they did say they would rather have both of those guys and virtually everyone in the NFL. These were just the ones that repulsed me the both. Kitna and Bulger are garbage and Smith Sims and Carr haven't been very special.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I don't know why this suprisies me, but KFAN radio is totally ripping Favre up here in MN. These are the QBs they are saying they would rather have on their team then Favre.
David Carr
Alex Smith
Kurt Warner
Kitna
Marc Bulger
Chris SImms

(just some of the reaaly good ones)
Of course then they say with a straight face. "This isn't just because he's a packer Either. Right, I'm sure.

So what is that?

Their best attempt at . . . when we're not down - kick us ? :mrgreen:

Are you all, any of you - seeing the heat building on Favre yet?

I see one cool PRO NFL Leader and QB. We are so fortunate to have Brett Favre in this season of transition and re-building. :mrgreen:

GO PACKRERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!!

BlueBrewer
08-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Is this those PA and Dubay assholes. They are the biggest Packer/Favre bashers I have ever heard.

GoPack06
08-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Maybe they should worry more about there WR getting DUI's and having boat sex parties.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 09:23 AM
Maybe they should worry more about there WR getting DUI's and having boat sex parties.

Yaa ! If your going to point the finger. . . Ehh ? :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! GO BRETT FAVRE !!! GO AHMAN GREEN !!!

MacCool606
08-17-2006, 09:24 AM
While I was watching Mon Night Football (I turned it on to see how ugly the Vikes uniforms were after reading a thread here) - Joe Theisman (an idiot of immense proportions) went into a rant about how Brett put the Packers in a bad position by coming back. He was wondering aloud how the Packers will handle the situation "when it became obvious that Rodgers was playing better and should be playing instead of Brett". Apparently he thinks that will occur this year.
So I'm wondering if this will become the new topic of conversation in the national media.

Rastak
08-17-2006, 09:26 AM
Is this those PA and Dubay assholes. They are the biggest Packer/Favre bashers I have ever heard.

Well, No Mo is listening the the flagship station of the Vikings, I mean, if I was listening to the Packers flagship station in Green bay or Milwaukee I wouldn't be surprised at Viking bashing.

run pMc
08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I was listening to that on the commute in. I think they were a bit biased; one guy was saying Favre was done and the other said he should've retired. The 3rd guy sounded pretty surprised over some of their picks.
The # of QB's I take over Favre for this season only (that was the criteria) aren't as many as they listed. Honestly, I'd pick Favre over about half the QB's. When you think about the decent QB's -- Hasselbeck, P.Manning, Brady -- and the crappy starters like Aaron Brooks, that's not a slam...just my opinion.
I don't think Favre is done but I don't know if he will (or should) play past this season. It depends on whether he can play disciplined and still enjoy the game.

BlueBrewer
08-17-2006, 09:31 AM

Well, No Mo is listening the the flagship station of the Vikings, I mean, if I was listening to the Packers flagship station in Green bay or Milwaukee I wouldn't be surprised at Viking bashing.

I expect a civil dislikeing for a rival team, but those guys take is above and beyond, it seams from the times I have endured thier show(on a long trips home from ND) they would rather bash Packers/Favre than talk about positive Vikings news. They spent two hours celebrating a couple of years ago when the Packers got killed by the Titans.

RashanGary
08-17-2006, 09:42 AM
If I had to get rid of one player right now and I had to choose between Brett Favre adn Aaron Rodgers, I take Aaron Rodgers.

The Packers will not compete for anything more than pride this year. Rodgers has enough left in his tank that he'll be here when things start coming together. Favre will be a memory.

I do think they have a chance next year at the playoffs but not a SB. I would rather just see Brett lay them down and in a few years this Packers team could compete for a SB. Right now, I just want to see improvement from the young guys.

RashanGary
08-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Don't get me wrong, if I'm the Bears and I have superbowl aspirations right now, I take Favre over all but 7 or 8 QB's.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 09:48 AM
If I had to get rid of one player right now and I had to choose between Brett Favre adn Aaron Rodgers, I take Aaron Rodgers.

The Packers will not compete for anything more than pride this year. Rodgers has enough left in his tank that he'll be here when things start coming together. Favre will be a memory.

I do think they have a chance next year at the playoffs but not a SB. I would rather just see Brett lay them down and in a few years this Packers team could compete for a SB. Right now, I just want to see improvement from the young guys.

Yea GregJennings!

So why don't we just pull for Aaron Rodgers, to take away Favre's #1 QB spot before the season starts?

Why not - just go there, GregJennings?

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FAITH in 2006 !!

No Mo Moss
08-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Well Ras, I saidI wasn't suprised, but they have a huge packer audience also so it seemed so odd that they would take such a stupid approach. The 3rd guy on the power trip thought the guys were full of it and clearly they are.

BlueBrewer
08-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Don't get me wrong, if I'm the Bears and I have superbowl aspirations right now, I take Favre over all but 7 or 8 QB's.

I agree with you completely

RashanGary
08-17-2006, 09:56 AM
You're emotions obviously clouded your understanding of what I wrote Woodbuck. At no point did I say Rodger should start over Favre. I said I'd take Rodgers over Favre if I had to have one right now for the rest of their careers. I followed it up with the reason that the Packers are not competitors right now.

Rastak
08-17-2006, 10:02 AM

I expect a civil dislikeing for a rival team, but those guys take is above and beyond, it seams from the times I have endured thier show(on a long trips home from ND) they would rather bash Packers/Favre than talk about positive Vikings news. They spent two hours celebrating a couple of years ago when the Packers got killed by the Titans.

I agree, that ain't cool.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 10:40 AM
You're emotions obviously clouded your understanding of what I wrote Woodbuck. At no point did I say Rodger should start over Favre. I said I'd take Rodgers over Favre if I had to have one right now for the rest of their careers. I followed it up with the reason that the Packers are not competitors right now.

So what then was your point?

Lay off the CRAP on my emotions. It's not that but common sense Man.

You toss a useless scenario out there - one that is moot given " the fact " we still have Brett Favre, and that will be OUR focus at QB not Aaron Rodgers. You may want to rush the change, and there has to be a proper transition. Your smart enough to realize that GregJennings.

Aaron Rodgers will get his time. Now, it's still Brett Favre's TIME.Try to enjoy just that, GregJennings (the man who loves Brett Favre).

Love Brett Favre properly then PLEASE, with your full support and don't drop the negative karma on his very precarious position with OUR team, as we should now see it and hope improves.

Love Aaron Rodgers, as that comes to all of us - hopefully.

Am I hoeing you Man. Yes I am, but only a wee bit l :mrgreen:

Gregjennings - " sometimes we take the ride and miss the trip ".

Favre can still take us on a wonderful trip in 2006 ,if he gets the support he certainly needs. Otherwise, your man Aaron rodgers will be placed at the starting QB position.

Favre has immense concerns (I'm sure) and a real challenge in 2006 and possibly some personal danger to face - come the start of OUR season.

It will all be about how effective OUR OL performs.

Will the OL get there?

Time will tell us that. It has to, for Favre and Green and Company to have any REAL chance of participating with their skills, in any success we may enjoy.

Who would you have at QB to start 2006 off GregJennings?

Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers?

If it was Aaron rodgers? Ask yourself this question. Would that be good for Aaron Rodgers, based on his progress to date?

Your not going to say Aaron Rodgers are you? So why post that if you had to choose for OUR future you'd choose Aaron Rodgers? What has that
"got to do with the price of tea in china "?

To me there is some (blank) in that thought. You fill in the blank GregJennings.

That isn't a matter that we have to be concerned with therefore useless to bring up, as I see it GregJennings.

It's something like, pissing in your coffee, worse, pissing in mine. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH in 2006 !!

Ahman Green and Brett Favre and Company !!!!!

Please "Higher Power" - help OUR Team and Organization to protect these Great Packers.

Gregjennings the message here isn't about emotion but rather common sense and support for the reality of now and this season.

Aaron Rodgers isn't ready!!!

I hope I bring no offense to YOU in this post. This isn't an attack on you as you represent the future of OUR team and that all comes in time GregJennings. :mrgreen:

Peace fellow packer fan.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2006, 10:43 AM

Actually if you listen to 1250am in Milwaukee you will find the #1 rated radio station in America, that is the #1 rated Favre bashing Radio station in America. They want their ratings anyway they can get them. I have taken them off my dial. I won't listen to that spiteful garbage. This is the same radio station where Peter Brown went after Driver over and over again.

I would rather listen to KFAN than these assholes. Nobody has a different opinion at that station that differs with the great Peter Brown.

woodbuck27
08-17-2006, 10:57 AM

Actually if you listen to 1250am in Milwaukee you will find the #1 rated radio station in America, that is the #1 rated Favre bashing Radio station in America. They want their ratings anyway they can get them. I have taken them off my dial. I won't listen to that spiteful garbage. This is the same radio station where Peter Brown went after Driver over and over again.

I would rather listen to KFAN than these assholes. Nobody has a different opinion at that station that differs with the great Peter Brown.

Deputy Nutz. You don't have to respond to this question on the Forum, but did you and your Dad drive up to that packers practise from Las vegas last week?

if so that is awesome of you, and so good "in any case" that you attended with your Father as I posted before.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FOR FAITH in 2006 !!

RashanGary
08-17-2006, 11:02 AM
At 37, Favre isn't as strong, fast, tough, big, strong armed, elusive as he once was. Every year that passes is a year that Favre is less of a QB than he once was. ON the flip side, Every year that Rodger plays is a year taht he is better than he once was.

Right now is Rodgers better than Favre? I think it's probably closer than some here would like to think, but I do think Favre has the edge untill Rodger steps in like Phillip Rivers, Carson Palmer or any of the other QB's who were eased in. Rodgers is a tough kid. He's a solid 225 and has a good arm. He looks tough enough to hold up in the NFL and that is half the battle.

I'm going to enjoy the season but for different reasons than you Woodbuck. I'm going to enjoy seeing Collins, Jennings, Hawk, Colledge, Spitz, Cory Rodgers, Hawkins, Carroll, Jenkins, Cory Williams, Colin Cole, Nick Barnett, Brady Poppinga and a bunch of others grow and become legitimate NFL players. Right now, most of them are not. It will be fun to wathc Favres last year or two but at the same time, I don't have any false hope that he's going to win anything meaningfull. I'll enjoy watching our HOF QB end, but a part of me is more concerned with our next real chance at winning meaningfull games. I'm more concerned about those steps than I am about FAvres last steps. I do not think they coincide. I think they are different steps that have nothing to do with each other. If I had any hope like you that the Packers would win meaningfull games this year, I could understand you. Last year, it was that Bears game that I realized the Packers could not compete. It was the second game of the season. This year, I think we're going to find out in week 1.

ahaha
08-17-2006, 11:08 AM
If the Packers traded Favre to the Vikes for draft picks, these reporters would be screaming "Super Bowl, Super Bowl, Super Bowl!".

fan4life
08-17-2006, 11:09 AM

I would rather listen to KFAN than these assholes. Nobody has a different opinion at that station that differs with the great Peter Brown. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way! I can't stand either Saunders or Peter Brown.... but as long as people listen and call in, they'll keep spewing their garbage.

Tell their advertisers that you not only won't listen, but will avoid purchasing any products/services/places that support that crap. That's the only way it will change.

Deputy Nutz
08-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Deputy Nutz. You don't have to respond to this question on the Forum, but did you and your Dad drive up to that packers practise from Las vegas last week?

if so that is awesome of you, and so good "in any case" that you attended with your Father as I posted before.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD FOR FAITH in 2006 !!

Las Vegas????
Where did you come up with that?

Oh the fear and loathing in las vegas? read the book or check out the movie.

I live in wisconsin