PDA

View Full Version : Idiot

SkinBasket
03-20-2012, 05:37 AM
There's a difference between forgiveness and cluelessness. This woman hasn't figured it out.

NYC shopping cart attack victim wishes boys who injured her well

NEW YORK – A New York charity worker who was nearly killed by a shopping cart pushed over a garage railing by teenagers in October spoke publicly for the first time Monday -- expressing compassion for the pranksters who dropped the cart on her head.

Marion Hedges, during a walk outside her Upper East Side apartment, said she hasn't received an apology from the perpetrators.

"I haven't heard from them, but I wish them well," Hedges said. "I do, because I feel very sorry for them.

"I don't know that my son would do something like that or that his friends would do something like that. But there were a lot of things in their lives to bring them to that. A shopping mall is not a place for kids to hang out."

Hedges was standing under a ramp at an East Harlem parking lot when the shopping cart, pushed by the pair of teens 50 feet above her, came crashing down on her head.

After days in an induced coma, she has made a slow and painful recovery.

mraynrand
03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
A multiple trauma victim was recently treated locally. Seems he was riding in a canoe, being pulled on a snow covered street behind a pickup going about 45 mph. He wasn't wearing a helmet!

MadtownPacker
03-20-2012, 09:28 AM
Go to the 3min mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0RuZOmC4_U&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL740821F55AB142D7

Scott Campbell
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
A multiple trauma victim was recently treated locally. Seems he was riding in a canoe, being pulled on a snow covered street behind a pickup going about 45 mph. He wasn't wearing a helmet!

Thinning the herd.

mraynrand
03-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Thinning the herd.

you would kinda hope, sorta. But this guy didn't qualify for the Darwin award, because he'd already spun out 5-6 kids with at least four different 'ladies.'

SkinBasket
03-20-2012, 12:20 PM
He wasn't wearing a helmet!

My sister used to wear a paper plate as a helmet. She was just roller skating around the house, but she never died.

MJZiggy
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Give 'em the cinnamon challenge...

I can understand forgiveness, but it often helps if the person you're forgiving gives enough of a shit about you to even want your forgiveness. I hope wishing them well doesn't mean she's not pressing charges...

swede
03-20-2012, 10:03 PM
you would kinda hope, sorta. But this guy didn't qualify for the Darwin award, because he'd already spun out 5-6 kids with at least four different 'ladies.'

But who is he voting for on "Dancing with the Stars"? Must we have these glaring omissions.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Give 'em the cinnamon challenge...

I just read an article that a teen was taken to the ER because he attempted the Cinnamon challenge and realized that when you breath in Cinnamon its pretty tough to also breath in Air. He also figured out real quick that breathing air is much more bennificial for life than breathing cinnamon.