03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Did he convert to Islam or sumthin?

Nice job Ted. Great ST player.

swede
03-20-2012, 11:57 AM
The pieces are coming together now.

HarveyWallbangers
03-20-2012, 11:59 AM
I admire the guy. He's earned my respect. Sure, he has his limitations, but he competes. Also, he's had some hatred thrown his way, the fans have been tough, but instead of holding a grudge and running off to another team (perhaps what Wells did), he's worked harder to try to earn everybody's respect. There aren't many gunners better and there are worse backup corners in the league.

And the guy made a huge play in the Super Bowl.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Good, he has a good role with the pack.

Freak Out
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Good news. The guy makes some great plays on special teams.....makes our punter much better.

Patler
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I admire the guy. He's earned my respect. Sure, he has his limitations, but he competes. Also, he's had some hatred thrown his way, the fans have been tough, but instead of holding a grudge and running off to another team (perhaps what Wells did), he's worked harder to try to earn everybody's respect. There aren't many gunners better and there are worse backup corners in the league.

I agree completely, and while the coaches have said their attempt to convert him to a safety was a mistake, they have also admitted that because of that he can play there in a pinch too, because he does know the position.

Bush has done whatever the team has asked him to do, and has accepted his role on the team, regardless of what that role has been. He has drifted up and down the depth chart at corner and safety, but he has never let that affect his effort on STs. He doesn't complain, he just does his job as best he can.

A lot of players with supposedly better talent at DB have come and gone without making much of a mark on the Packers. Thomas, Underwood I, Underwood II, Lee, Rouse, Blackmon, etc. Jarrett Bush has made his mark on the Packers, and is signed through what could be his 9th year with the team.

Lurker64
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Wasn't the main reason that people were so mad at Jarrett Bush, all the penalties?

As Tom Silverstein points out on twitter: " After 12 penalties in '07-'08, #Packers CB/ST Jarrett Bush had 4 in '09, 3 in '10 and 1 in '11."

That's a significant improvement.

mraynrand
03-20-2012, 01:02 PM
So I gather I can say that Bush is 'unblockable' again, without all the hostility from 2007-8? I have to say that, despite his limitations in the secondary, Bush is fun to watch. he just gives so much effort. He's out of place too often and his instincts aren't the best, but he's all over the place. See the season finale against Detroit, for example.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 01:09 PM
So I gather I can say that Bush is 'unblockable' again, without all the hostility from 2007-8? I have to say that, despite his limitations in the secondary, Bush is fun to watch. he just gives so much effort. He's out of place too often and his instincts aren't the best, but he's all over the place. See the season finale against Detroit, for example.

Speaking of unbloackable would he work in the psycho blitz?

Cheesehead Craig
03-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Speaking of unbloackable would he work in the psycho blitz?

I remember during the season he blitzed on occasion and did a good job. He didn't do the run into a blocker thing, he actually tried running around people. I thought he was a solid blitzer.

mraynrand
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Busah!

http://www.rantsports.com/green-bay-packers/files/2012/03/Jarrett-Bush.jpg

KYPack
03-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Always have a warm spot in my heart for Bush. Who else could get two penalties on the same punt?

Half ass cover guy who is also susceptable to totally zoning out on assignments. he got a key pick in the SB win because he was way out of position. Big Ben threw to his spot because Bush (Busah) shouldn't have been there.

He's a good hitter and plays with fire. I think he's a super slow learner who will help us in the long run.

ThunderDan
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
Always have a warm spot in my heart for Bush. Who else could get two penalties on the same punt?

Half ass cover guy who is also susceptable to totally zoning out on assignments. he got a key pick in the SB win because he was way out of position. Big Ben threw to his spot because Bush (Busah) shouldn't have been there.

He's a good hitter and plays with fire. I think he's a super slow learner who will help us in the long run.

KYPack-

You miss half of the fun of that statement. It was two false start penalties on a punt. There is no snap count. All you do as the gunner is look to the long snapper and when the balls moves run like hell.

red
03-20-2012, 05:08 PM
OH GOD DAMNIT

sheepshead
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
The Busah era continues!

Joemailman
03-20-2012, 06:07 PM

That's not what Joe Whitt said. Whitt said Bush was exactly where he was supposed to be. He said the fact that the TE was open downfield was due to a missed assignment by someone else.

Freak Out
03-20-2012, 06:11 PM
OH GOD DAMNIT

Back off the ledge Red! LOL!

pittstang5
03-20-2012, 06:48 PM
OH GOD DAMNIT

There you are! I thought maybe you did something drastic.

pittstang5
03-20-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm not a fan of bush when he's playing defense. He's solid on Special Teams and that's where'd I like him to stay, but I guess, he has to play defense sometimes. I just can't stand when he's out of position or trailing 5 feet behind a wide open receiver.

red
03-20-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm not a fan of bush when he's playing defense. He's solid on Special Teams and that's where'd I like him to stay, but I guess, he has to play defense sometimes. I just can't stand when he's out of position or trailing 5 feet behind a wide open receiver.

exactly, fine on special teams. a disaster when he's on the field on defense,

2 fucking teams the last 2 years have been dumb enough to try and take him off our hands. TWICE, he comes back to us

he's like the fat retarded kid at the party that no one invited, and he just won't go the fuck away or die

Patler
03-20-2012, 07:22 PM
When you guys quit expecting your 4th CB to play like an all-pro, you will appreciate what Bush brings to the team. :smile:

Bretsky
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Red is the leader of Bush's fan club so I'm glad he's sticking around.

But

I've noted many times he should be the final guy in that secondary.

Bush is better in coverage that the other 2nd Round Bust in Pat Lee

Pat Lee needs to go; they are about the same players...and you can't keep having 2-3 guys good on specials but crap in coverage

red
03-20-2012, 07:24 PM
When you guys quit expecting your 4th CB to play like an all-pro, you will appreciate what Bush brings to the team. :smile:

i expect my 4th cb to play like the 11th member of our defense not the 12th member of the other teams offense

Patler
03-20-2012, 07:38 PM
Red is the leader of Bush's fan club so I'm glad he's sticking around.

But

I've noted many times he should be the final guy in that secondary.

Bush is better in coverage that the other 2nd Round Bust in Pat Lee

Pat Lee needs to go; they are about the same players...and you can't keep having 2-3 guys good on specials but crap in coverage

I think you guys are also forgetting all those season when the Packers had guys who were crap in coverage and they were starters.
Besides, I think Bush has improved to the point that he is OK when he is in there. He's not a future starter, but that isn't his role.

pittstang5
03-20-2012, 08:00 PM
i expect my 4th cb to play like the 11th member of our defense not the 12th member of the other teams offense

Ha Ha...I like that!

Joemailman
03-20-2012, 08:05 PM

The guy you should be mad at is not Bush. You should be mad at Pat Lee, a 2nd round draft pick who can't beat out Bush for the dimeback spot.

Upnorth
03-20-2012, 08:16 PM

When he is matched up against their 4th wr he plays well, its when the coverage shift leaves him up against the tall fast #1s and2s hes screwed.

Patler
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
The guy you should be mad at is not Bush. You should be mad at Pat Lee, a 2nd round draft pick who can't beat out Bush for the dimeback spot.
Exactly, or Joey Thomas and Ahmad Carroll just before Bush arrived, or Will Blackmon and Brandon Underwood the last couple years, or Davon House this year, although House might still have a chance.

gbgary
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
silverstein said 4 years ago he had 11 penalties, 8 the next, 3 the next, and 1 last year. he's good on special teams. he's gotten better as a db. i guess he's worth keeping.

smuggler
03-20-2012, 09:16 PM
3/7.5 is pretty reasonable for a solid dimeback and special teamer

KYPack
03-20-2012, 11:13 PM
KYPack-

You miss half of the fun of that statement. It was two false start penalties on a punt. There is no snap count. All you do as the gunner is look to the long snapper and when the balls moves run like hell.

I don't think so, TD.

He was offsides once and commited an infraction when they got the kick off, IIRC.

On the SB pick, Joe Whitt supported his boy with the comment, but Boosah was way out of position, but made a great play to make the pick. Big Ben was ate up to take Wallace on the slant. If he waits and looks, it's an easy 6 to Heath Miller.

I had that play on my DVR in all 22, but it erased the SB for me, even though I selected "keep" on the menu.

packrulz
03-21-2012, 05:36 AM
With the Packers, Bush has a major role as one of the core players on special teams coordinator Shawn Slocum’s units. Over the last three years, he drastically reduced his penalty totals and became one of the best blockers and cover men. He tied for the team lead with 12 special teams tackles last season and had one penalty.

“Jarrett plays with great play speed,” Slocum said late last season. “He’s got a physical release that allows him to get on top of the corners in the punt return and does a great job with it.”

Though Fox wouldn’t divulge the financial terms of the deal, he said it’s “better than the last three-year deal he did.” Bush’s last contract, signed in 2009, was for three years and $4.5 million (including a $1 million signing bonus). At the time, Bush was a restricted free agent, and the Packers matched an offer sheet from the Tennessee Titans.

SkinBasket
03-21-2012, 06:45 AM

Tru dat!

Like many here, I also look forward to many many special teams overruns again this season. They are a joy to watch. If that punt ever bounces off the top of the receiver's helmet and lands 15 yards deeper, our boy Bush will be there to scoop it up! If he's in bounds, anyway, which is a rarity.

Fritz
03-21-2012, 07:08 AM

This is the truth. Lee was drafted when the Pack still played the more aggressive coverages of Capers' predecessor, and he was seen I think as an Al Harris type of guy. Instead, he played more like Mossy Cade.

And he was a second round pick. He was one of the quieter busts in Thompson's tenure. A second round pick - like Brian Brohm. In my opinion, Justin Harrell, everyone's favorite example of Ted's worst pick, had talent and flashed it. He just had bad luck with injuries, ala Terrance Murphy. But Pat Lee never showed us anything. He was as boring as his name.

Iron Mike
03-21-2012, 07:25 AM
http://www.graffhead.com/uploaded_images/underpassdec5.jpg

Pugger
03-21-2012, 07:57 AM

this

Pugger
03-21-2012, 08:00 AM
This is the truth. Lee was drafted when the Pack still played the more aggressive coverages of Capers' predecessor, and he was seen I think as an Al Harris type of guy. Instead, he played more like Mossy Cade.

And he was a second round pick. He was one of the quieter busts in Thompson's tenure. A second round pick - like Brian Brohm. In my opinion, Justin Harrell, everyone's favorite example of Ted's worst pick, had talent and flashed it. He just had bad luck with injuries, ala Terrance Murphy. But Pat Lee never showed us anything. He was as boring as his name.

The only real plus Lee has is his speed so he was decent on ST. But we don't need two guys like this on the roster. Isn't Lee a FA too?

pbmax
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM

Ouch. He said he got that off film like Woodson, his mentor. From his description, which was detailed and logical, I took his claim seriously

sharpe1027
03-21-2012, 11:09 PM
Woodson, TWill and Shields each made a ton of bad plays last year and yet everyone complains about the bad plays from the 4th DB.

If you want to bitch and moan about Bush, you should stop and think how bad it would be if they were forced to play the guys that can't beat him out. Thank god we at least are not taking a step back this year.

Joemailman
03-21-2012, 11:36 PM
3/7.5 is pretty reasonable for a solid dimeback and special teamer

According to JSO, it was 3/5.25. http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/143738666.html

pbmax
03-22-2012, 07:27 AM
Wait, I forgot something.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHH!

There, that's better.

woodbuck27
03-23-2012, 05:41 AM

http://www.packers.com/team/roster/Jarrett-Bush/71224e26-edaa-4265-86f7-5efde7c8b0f4

** Has tallied double digits in special teams tackles each of the past five seasons, becoming the first Packer to do so since LB Guy Prather (1981-85).

** Played in all 16 games for the third straight season in 2010, and has appeared in all 16 games in four of his five seasons in the NFL.

** Intercepted a Ben Roethlisberger pass in the second quarter of Super Bowl XLV.

** Despite just joining the team a week prior to the 2006 season opener, was one of four rookies to play in every game; Daryn Colledge, A.J. Hawk and Tony Moll were the others.

Comment woodbuck27:

IMO ... This is a good signing by GM Ted Thompson.