PDA

View Full Version : Sean payton suspended for 1 year w/o pay

Jimx29
03-21-2012, 12:11 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/03/sean-peyton-suspended-saints-fined-for-bounty-program/1#.T2oLgNUmySo

Cheesehead Craig
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Scooped ya by 14 minutes

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23702-Good-thing-Gregg-Williams-didn-t-take-the-Packer-Job.../page5

smuggler
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Biggest LOL element in this is that they won't have their HC, asst HC, or GM available in any way during the draft. Fuck the Saints.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 12:33 PM
I don't have to tell any here 'that know me' just how pleased I am to learn this.

Looks good on them. Funny thing. It seemed to me as if the whole world outsude of Viking fans wanted the Saints to drop the Minnesota Vikings in that NFC championship game. I was shocked to see how physical that game was.

Many here really enjoyed seeing Brett Favre get pummeled and OK but DAMN! When is it too much? When does it get to 'JUST aweful'? I thought it got there that day in that championship game. I spoke to others that felt the same.

It was a defenite WTF moment over and over and over again ! AWFUL.

The way they did that. That was something I'll never forget. It was BRUTAL.

We used to have organized ROCK fights back when I was a teen that involved less pain.

Guiness
03-21-2012, 12:45 PM
And they've pissed off their franchise QB, who is saying he won't sign the tender.

Insane.

Scott Campbell
03-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Holy crap! Sean Payton just took an $8M hit.

Fritz
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
As a Packer fan, the loss of the second round choices pleases me most.

mraynrand
03-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Biggest LOL element in this is that they won't have their HC, asst HC, or GM available in any way during the draft. Fuck the Saints.

Mike Ditka says he is available to fill in for them.

Cheesehead Craig
03-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Mike Ditka says he is available to fill in for them.

I can see it now, he trades their first rounders for the next 4 years for Adrian Peterson.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Thought ??!!??!

Did I forget to take my SC magnet off?

Ohh great. I did.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/sean-payton-stunned-by-suspension-im-not-ok/

Sean Payton stunned by suspension: “I’m not OK”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2012, 1:28 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

When you step back from it and then come back in and look at this from the human level.

Can anyone NOT understand Sean Payton's shock?

I watch the violence in the NHL and I see the fines and suspensions handed down for the worst atrocities. Nothing in the NHL compares to this in terms of devastation to the man penalized. Sean Payton goes from the brilliant HC of the wonderful 'country wide loved' SAINTS. The Head Coach and 'on field brain thrust' of the GLORIOUS Super Bowl winning SAINTS ............ to this!

Devastating >>>> Devastation. That's sad.

Sean Peyton has 'only' Ten days to get his affairs together and ten he's working anywhere outside the NFL for one year. If the conditions are the same as the Greg Williams suspension.There will be a ban on contact with any Saints player.

Interesting that our once own. Darren Sharper piped in with a 'this is not fair' protest. I feel that when it comes down to deliberate intent to injure players it's not tolerable or barbaric. The penaltys are stern.

I'm positive Sean Peyton is hurting very much. It's sad.

sheepshead
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Roger Goddell hates black people.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 02:40 PM
I'm watching the NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, talk on NFL TOTAL ACCESS right now. Evidently in the course of investigations it was uncovered that there was a list of NFL QB's on the Bounty List. One of the NFL QB's discovered on that list was Packer QB Aaron Rodgers.

When the investigation began (2010) it was since revealed that people were outright lying about any bounties on any NFL players.

In the course of subsequent investigations; some 2000 people were questioned as the NFL Commission came to a full understanding of the extent of the Bounty System that the NO Saints incorporated.

N. O. SAINTS G.M. Mickey Loomis has been suspended for eight games.

The Saints Organization has been fined $500 K$.

RAMS Defensive Coordinator Gregg Williams has been suspended indefinitely.

Why were there such harsh penaltys?

Roger Goodell stressed that NFL player safety was paramount in determining the degree of the penaltys and fines. He said that such actions as the Saints incorporated was totally unacceptable and needed to be treated harshly with the full power of the NFL Commissioner's Office.

The penalty to the Saints includes the loss of two second round draft picks.

That in a nutshell is what I garnered from the interview with the NFL Commissioner.

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Roger Goddell hates black people.

How does NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell feel about racial prejudice?

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 03:37 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/drew-brees-speechless-wants-an-explanation/

Drew Brees “speechless,” wants an explanation

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2012, 2:35 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/roger-goodell-stands-by-saints-suspensions-we-were-lied-to/

Roger Goodell stands by Saints’ suspensions: “We were lied to”

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm watching the NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, talk on NFL TOTAL ACCESS right now. Evidently in the course of investigations it was uncovered that there was a list of NFL QB's on the Bounty List. One of the NFL QB's discovered on that list was Packer QB Aaron Rodgers.

When the investigation began (2010) it was since revealed that people were outright lying about any bounties on any NFL players.

In the course of subsequent investigations; some 2000 people were questioned as the NFL Commission came to a full understanding of the extent of the Bounty System that the NO Saints incorporated.

Roger Goodell stressed that NFL player safety was paramount in determining the degree of the penaltys and fines. He said that such actions as the Saints incorporated was totally unacceptable and needed to be treated harshly with the full power of the NFL Commissioner's Office.

That in a nutshell is what I garnered from the interview with the NFL Commissioner.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/goodell-lowers-boom-on-the-saints/

Goodell lowers boom on the Saints

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 04:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/steve-spagnuolo-pete-carmichael-could-lead-saints-in-paytons-absence-2/

Steve Spagnuolo, Pete Carmichael could lead Saints in Payton’s absence

Posted by Josh Alper on March 21, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-21-2012, 04:11 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/all-teams-must-certify-that-bounty-programs-are-not-being-used/

All teams must certify that bounty programs are not being used

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT

SkinBasket
03-21-2012, 04:45 PM
I'm positive Sean Peyton is hurting very much. It's sad.

What's sad is being such a pathetic excuse for a coach that you run a bounty program trying to end other players' careers. If that's what it takes for your team to win, you probably aren't a very good coach. Or a very good person. Fuck, I hope he dies of mouth AIDS, this is so not sad.

sheepshead
03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Rodgers on the list?? Ok now it's personal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bo7zkd0kRS4

pbmax
03-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Wait a minute. Payton is suspended without pay. The Saints were fined $500,000. Payton makes $7 million a year. Did the Saints just receive a boost to the cash flow OR does the salary that would get paid get surrendered to the NFL?

Patler
03-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Wait a minute. Payton is suspended without pay. The Saints were fined $500,000. Payton makes $7 million a year. Did the Saints just receive a boost to the cash flow OR does the salary that would get paid get surrendered to the NFL?

Good question, and the same one I raised with respect to the salary cap penalties to the Cowboys and Redskins. Both teams fully expected to pay the "extra" monies they dumped into the uncapped year plus the next years' caps. Unless the reclaimed cap money is paid to the league, the teams are getting to keep millions they fully expected to spend.

Kiwon
03-21-2012, 05:42 PM
I told you guys that Czar Goodell would go nuclear, but still, wow!

This one is historic. No doubt, there's other coaches and players in the league who are guilty of similar infractions and messed their pants when they heard the news. It could have been them. Goodell's sending a message to everyone.

I wonder if Darren Sharper will 'fess up to any prior knowledge. He was so believable about the Vikings' 'Love Boat' experience. :smile:

pbmax
03-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Warren Sapp outed Jeremy Shockey as the new source that provided corroboration and allowed the NFL to reopen case (case was about 2009 and investigated in 2010 - and came up empty). Says his source is NOT an NFL official. The NFL Network put Sapp on air to make the charge.

Florio's source says Sapp is wrong.

Freak Out
03-21-2012, 06:13 PM
What players have been suspended for this? I know there were fines for the things that went on in the NFC title game but I don't remember anyone being suspended.

Joemailman
03-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Goodell to Saints: "Don't do that shit! And if we ask you if you're doing that shit, don't lie and tell us you're not doing that shit. Or you'll be in deep shit".

Or something to that effect.

Scott Campbell
03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Warren Sapp outed Jeremy Shockey as the new source that provided corroboration and allowed the NFL to reopen case (case was about 2009 and investigated in 2010 - and came up empty). Says his source is NOT an NFL official. The NFL Network put Sapp on air to make the charge.

Florio's source says Sapp is wrong.

Sapp with another uncalled for cheapshot.

Fritz
03-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Sean Peyton is black?

Smidgeon
03-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Good question, and the same one I raised with respect to the salary cap penalties to the Cowboys and Redskins. Both teams fully expected to pay the "extra" monies they dumped into the uncapped year plus the next years' caps. Unless the reclaimed cap money is paid to the league, the teams are getting to keep millions they fully expected to spend.

I would imagine the money goes to where the players' fine money goes. Doesn't that go to retirement funds or somesuch?

smuggler
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah, the Saints pay into the charity fund instead of to Payton. However, if they fire Payton, they save the money.

Little Whiskey
03-21-2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah, the Saints pay into the charity fund instead of to Payton. However, if they fire Payton, they save the money.

fire him for a year then re-hire?

MJZiggy
03-21-2012, 09:00 PM
fire him for a year then re-hire?
Ask the Cowboys and Redskins how trying to mess with the league like that works out.

Joemailman
03-21-2012, 09:05 PM

Source?

Lurker64
03-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Source?

I think the Saints have a pretty good argument for "firing with cause" which is generally a condition under which you don't owe the ex-employee anything more than you've already given them.

In fact, if the Saints don't fire Loomis, at the very least, I'm betting that Payton and Loomis covered for the owner when the NFL came calling this last time, and he's returning the favor.

Cheesehead Craig
03-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Sapp with another uncalled for cheapshot.

Instead of focusing about the actions that could have ended player's careers, Sapp wants to focus on a snitch. You know the important shit.

Scott Campbell
03-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Instead of focusing about the actions that could have ended player's careers, Sapp wants to focus on a snitch. You know the important shit.

Let's put a bounty on Sapp.

Joemailman
03-21-2012, 10:24 PM
I think the Saints have a pretty good argument for "firing with cause" which is generally a condition under which you don't owe the ex-employee anything more than you've already given them.

In fact, if the Saints don't fire Loomis, at the very least, I'm betting that Payton and Loomis covered for the owner when the NFL came calling this last time, and he's returning the favor.

My guess though is that even if they fired Payton, they would still have to pay his salary into the fund.

Kiwon
03-22-2012, 02:30 AM

Sadly, Sapp is pretty solid as an analyst for the NFL Network but part of me will always dispise the guy because of the Clifton incident. If he starts complaining about snitching then that's another another major stain on his character with me.

Snitching is code for not cooperating with authority, especially 'white' authority and that mentality is killing the Black community. Charles Barkley popped off about it last week and if Sapp follows suit Goodell ought to give a call to the Network and encourage them to set Sapp straight. There is enough racial division as there is without Sapp making matters worse.

mraynrand
03-22-2012, 04:43 AM

What you did was wrong!

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/25/photos/sappsherman2.jpg

Kiwon
03-22-2012, 05:34 AM
What you did was wrong!

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/25/photos/sappsherman2.jpg

I think Shermy's words were, "That was a chickenshit block on Clifton and you know it!"

smuggler
03-22-2012, 07:00 AM
Sherman was right, too. I still admire him for getting in Sapp's face about it. Sapp's turns into a dog when he gets upset. You can see the switch flip.

Pugger
03-22-2012, 07:40 AM

I thought I heard Loomis will be in NO for the upcoming draft. :?:

Pugger
03-22-2012, 07:44 AM

We shouldn't be surprised that Sapp would make such a comment.

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 09:29 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/the-nfls-official-announcement-regarding-bounty-discipline/

The NFL’s official announcement regarding bounty discipline

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Case One.

Maybe some members here have observed one part of 'the sanctions that the NFL Head Office' dished out againts the Saints Organization. IMO that $500K$ fine is a mere 'slap on the wrist sanction' (penalty).

" Based on the record, Commissioner Goodell has imposed the following discipline on Saints management:

The New Orleans Saints are fined $500,000. " from available souces.

IMO this fine is light. It almost absolves the Saints ownership in this outrageously scandalous affair. The safety and welfare of NFL opponent players of the New Orleans SAINTS is the issue here. The Saints GM, HC and Assistant coach receive degrees of different suspensions and loss of pay.

The NFL HO (announced by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell) in the above post. Hands out to SAINTS ownership a mere slap on the wrist $ 500 K$ fine !??

Case TWO.

Looking at the issue that involves the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins and how they handled contracts in violation of 'NFL Contract Rules'.

Again look at the sanction handed down upon the Cowboys and Skins ownership. The NFL decided to remove CAP money from these two teams over a certain period of time (2 years?). The Cowboys and Saints organizations took this matter to the appeal process.

Here is the question:

Who loses in both these instances? Does ownership suffer severe financial penalty?

I see it this way:

The Saints ownership get a slap on the wrist $500 K$ fine for Bounty Scandal.

In the 'Contract Violation' issue.

The Dallas and Washington ownership and organizations loose CAP space. Who really suffers in that decision? Does ownership suffer hugely? Who really gets hurt?

Don't the Cowboys and Skins players get hurt in that sanction? Don't the Cowboy and Skins fans get hurt?

Again the outcome of the Cowboys and Skins Contract Issue and sanction against these organizations of loss of CAP is, in my understanding, under appeal.

I'm watching this story.

Upnorth
03-22-2012, 09:43 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/the-nfls-official-announcement-regarding-bounty-discipline/

The NFL’s official announcement regarding bounty discipline

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 1:10 PM EDT

Comment woodbuck27:

Case One.

Maybe some members here have observed one part of 'the sanctions that the NFL Head Office' dished out againts the Saints Organization. IMO that $500K$ fine is a mere 'slap on the wrist sanction' (penalty).

" Based on the record, Commissioner Goodell has imposed the following discipline on Saints management:

The New Orleans Saints are fined $500,000. " from available souces.

IMO this fine is light. It almost absolves the Saints ownership in this outrageously scandalous affair. The safety and welfare of NFL opponent players of the New Orleans SAINTS is the issue here. The Saints GM, HC and Assistant coach receive degrees of different suspensions and loss of pay.

The NFL HO (announced by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell) in the above post. Hands out to SAINTS ownership a mere slap on the wrist $ 500 K$ fine !??

Case TWO.

Looking at the issue that involves the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins and how they handled contracts in violation of 'NFL Contract Rules'.

Again look at the sanction handed down upon the Cowboys and Skins ownership. The NFL decided to remove CAP money from these two teams over a certain period of time (2 years?). The Cowboys and Saints organizations took this matter to the appeal process.

Here is the question:

Who loses in both these instances? Does ownership suffer severe financial penalty?

I see it this way:

The Saints ownership get a slap on the wrist $500 K$ fine for Bounty Scandal.

In the 'Contract Violation' issue.

The Dallas and Washington ownership and organizations loose CAP space. Who really suffers in that decision? Does ownership suffer hugely? Who really gets hurt?

Don't the Cowboys and Skins players get hurt in that sanction? Don't the Cowboy and Skins fans get hurt?

Again the outcome of the Cowboys and Skins Contract Issue and sanction against these organizations of loss of CAP is, in my understanding, under appeal.

I'm watching this story.

Re NO, I think those who were responsible for the mistake are taking their lumps. I doubt ownership had any idea it was going on.

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Re NO, I think those who were responsible for the mistake are taking their lumps. I doubt ownership had any idea it was going on.

I'm not so sure Ownership didn't when I recall the way Brett Favre was treated in that NFC Championship game Upnorth. That was brutal treatment of Brett Favre and he and Aaron Rodgers (now) are surfacing as centers of why the Saints are suffering their own undoing.

Just something to consider;

a) If I'm the owner of the Saints I might question my teams HC in regards to tackling Brett Favre Vs trying to severly injure him.

b) I might enquire into a case of overkill.

Have a nice day Upnorth...Really hot here yesterday at 27 C inthe shade and no clouds. Today it's also just lovely.

I've yardwork to do. Have a great day. (-:

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 05:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/nfl-outs-suspected-saints-whistleblower-on-its-own-network/

NFL outs suspected Saints whistleblower on its own network

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT

" ... As it turns out, the NFL has outed the suspected whistleblower. On the network that the NFL owns.

Technically, the NFL didn’t directly out the suspected whistleblower. Instead, analyst Warren Sapp outed the suspected whistleblower on Twitter, and Sapp then was invited on air to elaborate. (We won’t use the name of the suspected whistleblower here.)

“My source that was close to the situation informed me that [name omitted] is the one that was the snitch initially,” Sapp said. ”I trust my source unequivocally.” .... " taken fr. article ..... Please CLICK on LINK for The entire story.

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 05:08 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/goodell-will-discipline-saints-players-later/

Goodell will discipline Saints players later

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 05:25 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/saints-were-bracing-for-a-four-game-suspension-for-payton/

Saints were bracing for a four-game suspension for Payton

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 05:33 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/saints-tom-johnson-sean-payton-is-our-leader-this-is-not-right/

Saints’ Tom Johnson: Sean Payton is our leader, this is not right

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 22, 2012, 7:19 AM EDT

woodbuck27
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/21/nfl-outs-suspected-saints-whistleblower-on-its-own-network/

NFL outs suspected Saints whistleblower on its own network

Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2012, 6:53 PM EDT

" ... As it turns out, the NFL has outed the suspected whistleblower. On the network that the NFL owns.

Technically, the NFL didn’t directly out the suspected whistleblower. Instead, analyst Warren Sapp outed the suspected whistleblower on Twitter, and Sapp then was invited on air to elaborate. (We won’t use the name of the suspected whistleblower here.)

“My source that was close to the situation informed me that [name omitted] is the one that was the snitch initially,” Sapp said. ”I trust my source unequivocally.” .... " taken fr. article ..... Please CLICK on LINK for The entire story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/shockey-hits-back-at-sapp-over-accusation-in-saints-bounty-case/

Jeremy Shockey hits back at Sapp over accusation in Saints bounty case

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 22, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT

LP
03-22-2012, 06:15 PM

Maybe the Buc's had a bounty on Clifton that game.

red
03-22-2012, 06:17 PM

i would love to be able to turn on the tv one day and see that someone has taken that loud mouth fat ass out.

him and irvin are my 2 least favorit players of all time.

and before anyone decides to be a smart ass and say anything, YES, its mostly because they are both black

woodbuck27
03-23-2012, 08:23 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/shockey-hits-back-at-sapp-over-accusation-in-saints-bounty-case/

Jeremy Shockey hits back at Sapp over accusation in Saints bounty case

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 22, 2012, 1:55 PM EDT

woodbuck27 Fri.23 March,2012:

This story is heating up:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/Shockey wants action from league (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/shockey-wants-action-from-league/)

Shockey wants action from league (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/23/shockey-wants-action-from-league/)

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2012, 8:05 AM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/96484369_crop_650x440-e1332504018230.jpg?w=250 Getty Images

Pugger
03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
I found this on Foxsports' web page, and I quote:

"Sapp, who currently works as an analyst for NFL Network, could face legal problems for publicly naming Shockey as the whistle-blower, Los Angeles-based employment lawyer Arthur Whang told FOXSports.com Wednesday.

Federal labor law protects employees against retribution as a result of complaining about unsafe work environments.

"Sapp is technically a league employee," Whang said. "If Shockey is the whistle-blower, he is protected. So, by outing him, Sapp may have opened Shockey up to retaliation, such as someone not signing him."

SkinBasket
03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Why do people think Sapp is some fucking genius anyway. The guy talks like he's constantly having a stroke and this kind of black circus is the only thing he seems good at.

KYPack
03-23-2012, 05:49 PM
i would love to be able to turn on the tv one day and see that someone has taken that loud mouth fat ass out.

him and irvin are my 2 least favorit players of all time.

and before anyone decides to be a smart ass and say anything, YES, its mostly because they are both black

Another example of affirmative racial prejudice in action.

pbmax
03-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Another example of affirmative racial prejudice in action.

I dunno about that. If Aikman and Collinsworth are the best they can do for ex-player commentators, then I think the talent pool is just way too shallow. Look how an active player like Rodgers overshadowed them all in one appearance.

The further away from the game, the more useless their knowledge becomes. It actually makes you appreciate the work a guy like Al Michaels does year in and year out to stay informed. He knows the rules better than any other broadcaster and better than some refs. I haven't heard much from Kurt Warner except Tebow related material, but I bet its a similar situation.

woodbuck27
03-24-2012, 08:23 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1116605-saints-bounty-gate-punishment-too-harsh-too-soft-or-just-right

Saints' Bounty-Gate Punishment: Too Harsh? Too Soft? Or Just Right?

By Josh Zerkle (http://bleacherreport.com/users/637254-josh-zerkle) (NFL Lead Writer)

March 23, 2012

woodbuck27
03-24-2012, 08:25 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1116605-saints-bounty-gate-punishment-too-harsh-too-soft-or-just-right#/articles/1117470-sean-payton-embattled-saints-coach-speaks-out-about-bounty-punishment

Look to the RHS of the LINKed Page and 4th article down:

Payton Sorry For Bounty Program.

Sean Payton: Embattled Saints Coach Releases Statement on Bounty Punishment

woodbuck27
03-24-2012, 08:52 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1116605-saints-bounty-gate-punishment-too-harsh-too-soft-or-just-right#/articles/1117533-report-saints-ol-coach-kromer-a-candidate-to-replace-payton

Report: Saints OL Coach Kromer a Candidate to Replace Payton

woodbuck27
03-25-2012, 09:33 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/former-viking-claims-coach-taught-how-to-injure-quarterbacks/

Former Viking claims coach taught how to injure quarterbacks

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2012, 2:50 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-25-2012, 11:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/fox-considers-hiring-sean-payton/

FOX considers hiring Sean Payton

Posted by Mike Florio on March 24, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT

woodbuck27
03-26-2012, 10:48 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/25/why-didnt-the-nfl-discover-the-saints-bounty-program-in-2010/

Why didn’t the NFL discover the Saints bounty program in 2010?

Posted by Mike Florio on March 25, 2012, 8:52 PM EDT
http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/68041-050-1f253fe0-e1332723096972.jpg?w=232

woodbuck27
03-27-2012, 03:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/sean-payton-says-hes-been-honest-will-return-in-2013/

Sean Payton says he’s been honest, will return in 2013

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 27, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-01-2012, 12:17 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/nfls-bounty-scandal-exacts-price-tv4nq5i-145449155.html

NFL's bounty scandal exacts price.

Former players grapple with Saints’ actions

By Tyler Dunne (tdunne@journalsentinel.com) of the Journal Sentinel
March 31, 2012

" "I could never see Vince (Lombardi) condoning anything that would take somebody out of a game." " 'Packer Great' Dave Robinson

woodbuck27
04-02-2012, 05:17 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/01/payton-loomis-appeals-will-be-heard-tuesday/

NO Saints HC Sean Payton, GM Mickey Loomis appeals will be heard Tuesday

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2012, 10:16 AM EDT

woodbuck27
04-02-2012, 07:20 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/31/nflpa-has-had-open-invitation-to-review-bounty-info-since-march-2/

NFLPA has had open invitation to review bounty info since March 2

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2012, 9:36 PM EDT

woodbuck27
04-02-2012, 07:36 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/145241125.html

C.J.: Shiancoe talks NFL bounty scandal

and possible Re-union with Tavaris Jackson etc.

Article by: C.J. (http://www.startribune.com/bios/10645126.html) , Star Tribune .......... April 01,2012.
Comment woodbuck27:

There's some interesting comments in this story RE: our former Safety Darren Sharper.

woodbuck27
04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/05/sean-pamphilon-calls-gregg-williams-an-arrogant-coward/

Sean Pamphilon calls Gregg Williams an arrogant coward

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2012, 12:55 PM EDT

woodbuck27
04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/09/goodell-upholds-suspensions-of-payton-loomis-vitt/

Goodell upholds suspensions of Payton, Loomis, Vitt

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 9, 2012, 1:17 PM EDT

Joemailman
04-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Saints have named Joe Vitt as interim head coach. Vitt will be suspended for the first 6 games. I hope the Packers game with the Saints will be early in the season.

Cheesehead Craig
04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Saints have named Joe Vitt as interim head coach. Vitt will be suspended for the first 6 games. I hope the Packers game with the Saints will be early in the season.

The Saints will have an interim HC to the interim HC for the first 6 games. As they say on South Park: "Dude, that's just fucked up"

hoosier
04-13-2012, 08:00 AM
Maybe they are going to see if they can tank and score a top-10 draft pick next year, and then rebound in 2013 when all the pieces are back in place.

woodbuck27
06-02-2012, 10:18 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d7C5k?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl

Report: Saints' 'ledger' shows 'cart-offs' worth $1K.

By Gregg Rosenthal

Around The League editor

Published: June 1, 2012 at 06:19 p.m. Updated: June 1, 2012 at 09:28 p.m. Print

" The NFL players implicated in the New Orleans Saints "bounty" scandal have repeatedly asked for evidence that a bounty program was in place. Commissioner Roger Goodell indicated that evidence will eventually come out.

On Friday afternoon, it apparently arrived, via Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports.

Citing two sources with knowledge of the situation, Cole reported that the league has a copy of a "ledger" that recorded detailed weekly earnings for players in the bounty program. The week-by-week tally included "cart-offs" and "whacks." It deducted points for "mental errors." " Fr. LINK

Please click on LINK for the entire story.

woodbuck27
06-02-2012, 10:38 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19228680/nfl-has-copy-of-ledger-detailing-saints-bounty-earnings

June 01, 2012

NFL has copy of ledger detailing Saints' bounty earnings

By Ryan Wilson | NFL Blogger

" The intrigue surrounding the Saints bounty scandal continues. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has punished the organization from top to bottom, suspended linebacker Jonathan Vilma has sued Goodell for defamation, and on Friday, documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon implied that New Orleans players Drew Brees and Scott Fujita (now with the Browns) said that he should to release the damning audio recordings of then-defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.

And now there's this: The NFL has a copy of a ledger detailing weekly bounty earnings of Saints players, CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman has confirmed. The ledger shows both money earned from "cart-offs" ($1,000 payouts) and "whacks" ($400), as well as deductions for "mental errors" ($100), Yahoo.com's Jason Cole reported. Sources told Cole that the NFL presented the ledger during meetings with some of those involved in the scandal. " Fr. LINK

Please click on LINK for the entire story.

gbgary
06-02-2012, 02:22 PM
saw a report that there's a ledger. saints were/are so ridiculous!!

Upnorth
06-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Stupid! They caught Capone with his taxes, its always the paperwork that gets you in the end.

woodbuck27
06-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Stupid! They caught Capone with his taxes, its always the paperwork that gets you in the end.

Yup....it's sorta like Jenny writing her number on the wall. 867-5309 ... ' For a good time ...for a REAL GOOD Time.' Sometimes your going to ensure that your going to get screwed.

Hey Upnorth.... here's that song for you. It's a song that's 'just got it'. One of my personal ALL Time 'Smooth' Rockin' favourites....'performed LIVE' by Tommy Tutone . I hope you enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axLRUszuu9I

You may recall recent EVERCLEAR's and BLINK 182's versions of this same song that IMO don't cut it like the original version which is smoother.

ThunderDan
06-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Yup....it's sorta like Jenny writing her number on the wall. 687-5309 ... ' For a good time ...for a REAL GOOD time.' Sometimes your going to ensure that your going to get screwed.

I think you put up Sue's number.

Jenny's is 867-5309

woodbuck27
06-05-2012, 08:11 AM
I think you put up Sue's number.

Jenny's is 867-5309

That's why .... I never got Jenny. THANKS .... that's always bothered me.

I did get Sue. She was my 'first LOVE'. Dear Lord 'Sue Gadd'. What a beauty.

Your 'so cruel' for reminding me of that.

Helpful ..... so that I can revise my post to Upnorth.

Freak Out
06-05-2012, 12:01 PM
:lol: