PDA

View Full Version : Posting news articles

MadtownPacker
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
With all the big NFL stories that have hit as of late there has been much to discuss this offseason. That is great but I have noticed articles from other sites being posted here. We once had an issue with JSO regarding this and it was agreed we wouldnt post articles. That has not always been strongly enforced but lately it has gotten to be excessive.

With that said, please post links to the articles not the text. I imagine a quote doesn't hurt as long as it has the link but future post with articles posted in them will nixed and you will get a warning. Second offense is a 1 week suspension with possible fines. 3rd offense your fate is left to a vote.

red
03-23-2012, 04:56 PM
censorship

should probably pin this for awhile

Guiness
03-23-2012, 04:59 PM
With all the big NFL stories that have hit as of late there has been much to discuss this offseason. That is great but I have noticed articles from other sites being posted here. We once had an issue with JSO regarding this and it was agreed we wouldnt post articles. That has not always been strongly enforced but lately it has gotten to be excessive.

With that said, please post links to the articles not the text. I imagine a quote doesn't hurt as long as it has the link but future post with articles posted in them will nixed and you will get a warning. Second offense is a 1 week suspension with possible fines. 3rd offense your fate is left to a vote.

Holy Crap! MTP has become 'the man'! Fines! Suspensions! He's a paper Goodell!

lol, jk Madtown. It's a PITA, and who knows why JSO decided to target us. If memory serves me, we were even warned about posting a single quoted sentence from them.

Do you mind telling us if it is only them? I rarely go near JSO anymore, and would like to know who else is giving us a hard time.

Freak Out
03-23-2012, 05:07 PM

As your legal counsel I advise you to smoke three joints, drink seven margaritas, and call me next Tuesday.

SkinBasket
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
LOL. Fines. Are spankings also included?

mraynrand
03-23-2012, 05:18 PM
LOL. Fines. Are spankings also included?

you wish

SkinBasket
03-23-2012, 05:20 PM
I do.

Guiness
03-23-2012, 05:33 PM
As your legal counsel I advise you to smoke three joints, drink seven margaritas, and call me next Tuesday.

Nah. Just wait for Saturday, Jeff will take care of it all

(you're welcome KYPack)

Lurker64
03-23-2012, 05:35 PM
It's just an issue of "Fair Use". If you want to post the title, relevant quotes or a paragraph or two from a full length article, that probably fine. But it's a copyright violation to post significantly more than that.

This isn't just a PackerRats thing, this pretty much is the case everywhere.

mmmdk
03-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I suggest everybody writes in Danish and presto...problem solved! :mrgreen:

KYPack
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Nah. Just wait for Saturday, Jeff will take care of it all

(you're welcome KYPack)

I can't stop you Guiness, I can only hope to contain you.

Upnorth
03-23-2012, 08:09 PM
Joe bumps one Favre thread and you bring the hammer down, damn Federales.

Scott Campbell
03-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Are Canadians exempt from US copyright infringement laws?

mraynrand
03-23-2012, 10:19 PM

yes they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O92ZbSAftuI

I am Kirok!

Upnorth
03-23-2012, 10:38 PM

Only regarding drug patents. I take it you don't watch the simpsons?

pbmax
03-23-2012, 10:53 PM
yes they are

I am Kirok!

This comment will make no sense if you change that avatar back but I like it. Has a certain character to it. Felipe Shurmur?

smuggler
03-24-2012, 12:48 AM
What if I'm posting links to amateur smut, like Peter King?

woodbuck27
03-24-2012, 03:54 AM

Mad. If someone pissed in your cornflakes today. Please wait to another day to read this post. THANKS. woodbuck27

"future post with articles posted in them will nixed and you will get a warning. Second offense is a 1 week suspension with possible fines. 3rd offense your fate is left to a vote"

a) future post with articles posted in them will nixed and you will get a warning

Nixed and warning ! Doesn't seem good to me.

b) Second offense is a 1 week suspension with possible fines

Is that 'Suspended' with pay? $Fines$ !? I might have to get a job down at the car wash.

c) 3rd offense your fate is left to a vote

Jeeesssh ! The DEMOCRATIC PROCESS. Poll stuffing, arm twisting threats, the knashing of teeth regrets, costs.

Better just to 'suffer the bugger' flagellation. Maybe tie the misfit to the bow rigger for a few days. How bout we ressurrect the STOCKS.

Toss the scrubber into a 'Tijuana Whorehouse without condoms'.

Just some thoughts for your consideration and 'of course' this is a possibhly serious matter ... On a side note >>> and SERIOUSLY >>>

Sorry for the grief man.

Damn !! Mad. You take a little holiday to visit Disneyland, Florida... Meet Mickey Mouse and Goofy ...Ride on Space Mountain...take in Rosie O'Grady's ...go a tad wide and CRAZY at Wet N' Wild ...

and 'the SHIT' hits the fan'.

As soon as I get enough Pepsi and Chips in. I'm going to attempt reading this article:

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/od/insurancelegalissues/a/copyright1.htm

woodbuck27
03-24-2012, 05:08 AM
yes they are

I am Kirok!

The Paradise Syndrome.

I am NOT 'a God nor a medicine chief '. Any suggestion of such is >>> A Kirok.

MadtownPacker
03-24-2012, 10:12 AM
Holy Crap! MTP has become 'the man'! Fines! Suspensions! He's a paper Goodell!

lol, jk Madtown. It's a PITA, and who knows why JSO decided to target us. If memory serves me, we were even warned about posting a single quoted sentence from them.

Do you mind telling us if it is only them? I rarely go near JSO anymore, and would like to know who else is giving us a hard time.Exactly and insulting the commish gets you 20 minutes in a broom closet naked with Harlan and Skinbasket so watch your ass.

No new complaints where made about it. This is just a reminder.

MadtownPacker
03-24-2012, 10:16 AM
It's just an issue of "Fair Use". If you want to post the title, relevant quotes or a paragraph or two from a full length article, that probably fine. But it's a copyright violation to post significantly more than that.

This isn't just a PackerRats thing, this pretty much is the case everywhere.
That Lurk for saying this in a way yer kin (Whiteys) understand.

Harlan Huckleby
03-24-2012, 10:27 AM
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq188/DrSayre/schticky5.png

Mad keeps threads he starts at top of page with his schticky.

what an attention whore, he's worse than a horny teenage girl with daddy issues. Or me.

MadtownPacker
03-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh there is also a "rewards" program where you can get rep points and other favors for ratting on those who do post articles. Just send a PM to me. All calls are confidential.

Our operators are standing by....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/624/843/84110663_crop_650x440.jpg?1332470369

Upnorth
03-24-2012, 06:53 PM
"Hi, is this Big Brother Hotline? My neighbor said that MTP is in love with Harlan."

Guiness
03-24-2012, 09:44 PM
"Hi, is this Big Brother Hotline? My neighbor said that MTP is in love with Harlan."

THAT'S how he knew Harlan would be in that broom closet in the first place! I knew there was more to that...

Upnorth
03-24-2012, 09:50 PM
THAT'S how he knew Harlan would be in that broom closet in the first place! I knew there was more to that...

Vive les Canadian Reveolution!!!!

woodbuck27
03-26-2012, 04:31 AM
Oh there is also a "rewards" program where you can get rep points and other favors for ratting on those who do post articles. Just send a PM to me. All calls are confidential.

Our operators are standing by....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/624/843/84110663_crop_650x440.jpg?1332470369

Yes and for proving to Mad that your the fricken' backstabber you were born and raised to be.

As an additional incentive for your rotten backstabbing ways. Your name will be entered in a box for the Special Prize.
One solid Long Weekend ! All expeces paid !! With that fella Waren Sapp.

You'll be with Mr. Sapp for 72 hours from pickup at the airport to the last endless hour when you'll finally realize just what a slice of HELL you earned and experienced. I'll suggest lots of underwear on that trip and maybe a good supply of KY Jelly.

ohh ...when we see you limping around our Packerrats community. We'll know you were the LUCKY Prize Winner.

Bretsky
03-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Wasn't Mike Davis the dude who kept coming in here and warning us ?
It might just be easy to send Guido after the dude and JS will shut up for good.
Hmmmm; wonder who our forum Guido would be ?

SkinBasket
03-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Wasn't Mike Davis the dude who kept coming in here and warning us ?
It might just be easy to send Guido after the dude and JS will shut up for good.
Hmmmm; wonder who our forum Guido would be ?

I had several discussions with Mike Davis about what happened at JSO, in which I also cced all his boses. He wasn't happy with me at all. But now facebook regularly recommends him as someone I may know. Maybe we could be friends.