PDA

View Full Version : ESPN drops (Yet another) ball

KYPack
03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Last veterans day they had a really cool veterans day tribute at the game at Lambeau. Few saw it bc our friends at ESPN ran commercials instead of showing it and then made NO mention of the tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHIKXJbKyQ

It took 90 workers two weeks to place the placards under each seat. The placards had eye slits in 'em so the people could display 'em AND watch the show.

It's the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau.

We're different. We care about what's right.

Cleft Crusty
03-29-2012, 12:49 PM
That brought a tear to Clefty's eye. Either that or I took too much Restasis this morning. In any case, that's a terrible oversight by ESPN. You hope it wasn't deliberate.

Fritz
03-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Dumb move in that ESPN could've improved its brand image by showing it - the "we care about America" schtick. But maybe they felt like copping more advertising dollars was more important.

They're in it to make money. That's what capitalism's all about, which is what America is all about. Or so I am told by Patriotic Americans.

KYPack
03-29-2012, 03:50 PM
You would have thought they'd do a little segement on it, for the PR/human interest angle, if nothing else.

I'm also surprised our resident locals didn't bitch about this, but we've lost GBR and some of the others.

Fritz
04-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Maybe they had enough feel-good content for that week.

What they're really after is a good dick-pic story, especially if it emanates from New York.

woodbuck27
04-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Maybe they had enough feel-good content for that week.

What they're really after is a good dick-pic story, especially if it emanates from New York.

Ohh Boy. I'm recalling 'an awkward personal position' on that mess, if I interpret you right. (-:

MadtownPacker
04-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Last veterans day they had a really cool veterans day tribute at the game at Lambeau. Few saw it bc our friends at ESPN ran commercials instead of showing it and then made NO mention of the tribute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHIKXJbKyQ

It took 90 workers two weeks to place the placards under each seat. The placards had eye slits in 'em so the people could display 'em AND watch the show.

It's the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau.

We're different. We care about what's right.I saw this on TV during the game. MNF right?

KYPack
04-01-2012, 09:29 PM
I saw this on TV during the game. MNF right?

Yeah. Veterans day was the previous Friday.

it didn't air in the Midwest. Maybe your local market let some of it thru, being WC & all?